PDA

View Full Version : Pop for Oct trip?

crusoe2
06-09-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm trying to decide on our resort - going Oct 11-17. We've looked at lots of pictures and my DD would love to stay at Pop (but she likes 'em all - just like her mom:thumbsup2 ). I like the idea of Pop too, tho, since I don't think we'll spend that much time at the resort and it would be about $500 less than a mod. But I've read so many reviews saying that the buses and foodcourt are so crowded - always having to stand on the bus, long waits in the food court lines, not being able to find a table, etc. Any thoughts on how crowded and busy Pop will be that week in October? I would really love to save that $500 but would be willing to spend the extra if it means avoiding really miserable lines and waits where the buses and food court are concerned. We deal okay with all that while we're in the parks but by the time we head back to the resort we're ready for a more relaxed pace. I would appreciate any insight from those of you who go that time of year. TIA:)

kat3668
06-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Well if crowds are not your thing than dont stay at POP..... I stayed there last March and although yes the accomodations are just fine for sleeping (well if you can get past the paper thin walls) this resort was jsut too overwhelming and loud for me. The buses were always jam packed standing room only and forget the table thing... just eat in your room you will have a better chance. I had All stars booked for my Sep trip but just can not bring myself to stay in another value so soon .. Yes there are many people on these boards who love POP but it is way too Disney 24/7 for me. I would upgrade if you can and relax a little at the end of the day. Pop is not the place to do this.. many unsupervised children and loud rude guests there the week I was there. Good Luck!:)

JennyDrake
06-09-2008, 08:37 PM
If you are wanting a relaxed pace once you return to your resort, I would also advise you to reconsider Pop. I DO like the resort, but it is chaos--not relaxation. The food court is LOUD and often crowded. The pools are are LOUD and filled many hours of the day--and night. If you want relaxing, I would suggest POR or CBR.

crusoe2
06-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks for your input. We've talked it over and are really leaning towards booking CSR. I've read such great things about the bus service there and it looks like the food court has an awesome selection. Our DD's been wanting to stay there also so I think she will be pleased. Thanks again.:)