PDA

View Full Version : Mouse ears waiting for us in our room?

mandz
06-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Okay so this is wishful thinking, but I have seen on different videos where there are a set of mouse ears waiting for the guests in their rooms personalized with their names. I believe I saw this on a couple of planning videos from wdw and on the show Jon and Kate Plus 8. Being too hopeful: Is this included in resort prices when you book or can I arrange it for my daughter? Thanks so much. FYI we are staying at CBR if that helps.

Mandy

safetymom
06-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Welcome to the DIS. :)

You would have to arrange it yourself. They won't put something in the room until you are checked in. Until you are standing there checking in the room you could be assigned may be assigned to someone else.

MollyMoo
06-09-2008, 02:52 PM
If they had ears waiting for the Jon & Kate Plus 8 family I hope they came with a large bottle of booze!:rotfl2:

CarolinaMomOf3boys
06-09-2008, 02:57 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

If they had ears waiting for the Jon & Kate Plus 8 family I hope they came with a large bottle of booze!:rotfl2:

Tinker*Shell*Bell
06-09-2008, 03:04 PM
The Jon and Kate episode was a publicity stunt, there were so many behind the scenes people making all of that stuff happen that you and I have no access to at all. I am sure they were either already officially checked into the rooms and a TLC intern placed the hats or Disney did it as a freebie knowing that it would get airtime and generate requests such as yours.

If you must have ears the disney florist can deliver them to your resort as part of a gift basket, but again, they can not put them in your room before you have officially checked in.

Sorry they got your hopes up, they did mine too, and my 2yo now expects presents in the room. (So I ordered them too ....lol)

PathGirl
06-09-2008, 03:35 PM
I wanted to make sure that for my honeymoon we could find our ears on the first day, and that they had the headband ears for the brides, not the cap ears (I have a huge head that won't fit that beanie cap). I called a few different places, then they connected me with the gift store at my resort. The manager was so kind. This call was about 3 weeks before we checked in, and all he said was "I'll take care of it". On check in our ears were there waiting for us (all paid for) at the front desk. I think this was a one-time kindness from a generous manager, but it worked. My husband's hooked now thinking that Disney is so giving and magical. He's a Disney man for life now.

FairyDust2008
06-09-2008, 03:57 PM
I did mine through the Disney Florist. They weren't in the room when we checked in. They brought them to our room after our arrival dinner at the 1900 Park Fare that night. I am not sure they would have even been delivered then if I hadn't asked the front desk about the gift baskets and the tuxedo strawberries with chocolate mickey that was suppose to be delivered too. The weird thing though when we received the kid's gift baskets was that they were wet. They had a Year of A Million Dreams Mickey and Minnie plush in their baskets and both of them were kind of wet and so wasn't their autograph book. Thank goodness they were covered in cellophane. It kind of disappointed me but I didn't call Disney Florist or anything as they dried out and it was all ok in the end. I didn't want to scuffle over something so minor. I think when they were delivered to the GF, they were set somewhere near possible sprinkler or could have been dew drip, something. Anyhow, they were fine and the kids both adored them and everything else was going great so we were ready to have fun!

Here is a pic of their gift baskets.
They had the good ole fashioned black mouse ears. That is all Disney Florist does but I'm glad because they are the traditional ones. They were each personalized with their names. The basket included the Mickey and Minnie plush, autograph books with pens, Chip and Dale pretzels, Mickey chocolate bar, shortbread cookies and then the Mouse Ears. The total cost was like 119.00 something. Here is a pic of my kids with them.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk204/LUVDISNEY2008/IMG_1872.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk204/LUVDISNEY2008/IMG_1873.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk204/LUVDISNEY2008/IMG_1874.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk204/LUVDISNEY2008/IMG_1875.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk204/LUVDISNEY2008/IMG_1878.jpg

They gift baskets were very nice :) even though we had a little dampness to them being kind of wet so that was a little irritating but it dried and they were fine and again, the kids LOVED them :) Seeing their smiles were worth the money & forgetting the fact that they were a little wet :)

FairyDust2008
06-09-2008, 04:00 PM
My son was suffering from his allergies in his pictures and I was taking the pic of him during a sneezing spell, LOL Poor thing. The allergies cleared up some during the trip. Thank goodness for Zrytec :):thumbsup2

FairyDust2008
06-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Also, his crown he was wearing came from 1900 Park Fare at our dinner that evening. We celebrated both kids b-days and son got a crown and dd got a cute little tiara that said Happy B-day. She took hers off though so she didn't have it on for that particular picture. 1900 Park Fare was soooooooooo much fun! We loved that place :)

FairyDust2008
06-09-2008, 04:04 PM
This was the pic of my dd with her crown on and their little placemats they received with characters autographs for their b-day celebration at 1900 Park Fare :)

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk204/LUVDISNEY2008/IMG_1871.jpg

FairyDust2008
06-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Oh and ds had lipstick SMACK on his one cheek from the one stepsister:rolleyes1 That was so fun to see his reaction, LOL Sorry I got kind of :offtopic: from the mousears but I was trying to show the pics of the ears and then wanted to explain the crown, etc.

mandz
06-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanx, knew it was too good to be true, disney/free/ doesn't compute, but I was hopin'. I didn't realize there was a florist thanks for the tip. I looked and the ears basket runs about $30, anyone know what a set of ears costs at wdw these days? I'm guessing about 10-12$$ and it comes with an autograph book which is what $10? Sound like a good deal? Oh and pp, i didn't see the cute baskets you had on the site with the plush mickeys and Minnie's, I wish they still had them.

TammiMcMan
06-12-2008, 09:32 PM
The laughingplacestore website has an assortment of ears and they average around $20 (includes embroidery).

You have a few options. You can purchase them through the above store and have them shipped directly to you. That way, you can make up the basket yourself and have it available immediately when you arrive.

Another option is contacting Disney Merchandising at 407-363-6200. You can order through them (for the same price as what you'd pay in the park). They can mail them to you, or have them held at your resorts gift shop.

The Disney florist does custom design baskets, so you can specify exactly what you want inside. There are some DIS'ers who also provide a personal shopper service. They'll do up the gift baskets with the items that you want and deliver them to the front desk of the resort. Feralpeg (aka Peggy) does a beautiful job, http://peggyssweetsandmore.com/ .

jwwi
06-13-2008, 07:48 AM
Just wanted to say that the pictures of your kids with their baskets are very cute. Thanks for including them. Whenever we see a gift basket delivery we hurry over to see what it is. The delivery person is always happy to show it off. The Disney Florist's do really nice work, everyone we have seen would be fun to get.