PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Resort vs Villa

potasauce
06-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Give me your thoughts about these two places.

I am looking for a 2 bedroom.

It seems like a nice place for a 10 and 2 yr old to have fun.

One thing that may be an issue is, I can't find a close, breakfast, counter serve place to eat.

Need some help

BCV23
06-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Beach Club Marketplace offers a limited selection for breakfast. Egg croissants, yogurt parfaits, muffins, various and tasty baked goods. We love the parfaits and egg croissants.

Are you comparing a 2 BR suite at the BC to a 2 BR at BCv. Or just two rooms at BC versus a 2BR villa?

And how many in your party? Bedding is quite different.

potasauce
06-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Not sure how to best answer except by saying what would work best for us.

I think I am comparing the BC 2 room vs the BCv 2 room.

What we want is a kitchen and living room with two separate bedrooms.
We will have my parents with us. We will give them the master bedroom.
We will take the other bedroom.
We would like to have a place to go when the baby goes to sleep so rather than renting two rooms at a moderate we were combining $ to get the 2 bedroom.

As far as the breakfast. I might consider making eggs, oatmeal or have ceareal in the room.

Thanks for info

BCV23
06-09-2008, 12:55 PM
BCV sounds like it will work great for you then.

The master bedroom has a king bed. The bathroom is split with a jacuzzi in the part closest to the bedroom. The other part has a shower and water closet.

The second bedroom has a queen bed. Most also have a sleep sofa although there are 25 with a second queen instead. This room has it's own bathroom as well as an undercounter refrigerator and another full size coffeemaker.

There's a kitchen/living room area in between. Even if you choose not to cook, the full size refrigerator and coffeemaker are wonderful.

There's also a washer/dryer off the kitchen area near the master bath. Very convenient with a baby. I love throwing in a load every day, packing less and going home with all clean clothes.

potasauce
06-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks
I like going home with clean clothes as well.

One other question.

My Dad will be using a motorized wheel chair.
Will it fit in the room or do I need to get a special room?

How far is the Villa's from the pool, food, transportaion?

Thanks

BCV23
06-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks
I like going home with clean clothes as well.

One other question.

My Dad will be using a motorized wheel chair.
Will it fit in the room or do I need to get a special room?

How far is the Villa's from the pool, food, transportaion?

Thanks

Do you mean a power chair or a scooter (ECV)? With either, I think the second BR portion might work better for them if he needs to be in it all the time. It's a straight shot into the bedroom from the hallway. Our daughter uses a power chair and sleeps in the 2 BR. There's plenty of space there for a power chair or scooter especially if you don't have a room with 2 queens (that's a separate category so you will know).

Her power chair makes the corners within the living room/foyer area just fine. I think it might be tight with a scooter.

If he needs a rollin shower or some other special accommodation, you should explain that when you make a reservation so they can reserve what you need. These villas aren't any larger but have different bathroom layouts, lower microwave, etc..

There's a nice size pool right by the villas. StormalongBay is a bit further but no more than from some of BC rooms. Ditto with restaurants and the bus stop.

I'm not sure but I think a 2 BR will cost more than 2 moderate rooms though.

Happy planning.

potasauce
06-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Actually it will be more like a scooter.

Thanks for all the info.