PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone skip the fireworks at the MK and watch at the Poly?

buzz1fan
06-08-2008, 08:12 PM
We are only staying one night at the Poly, and spending one day at the MK. We where thinking of leaving the park and watching the fireworks there. Maybe the crowds will be less, and easier for my kids? They are 1 and 4. Anyone do this? Can you see the fireworks from the pool there too?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Yes you can see the fireworks from the Volcano pool.

catne
06-08-2008, 08:19 PM
you can also see them from the beach at Poly, which can be very relaxing (and wayyyyy easier on both parents & little ones--very hard at the MK to get a spot little ones can see from, and then fighting the crowds can be scary, especially if kids are tired at the end of a long day.) Much more relaxing to get a snacy & watch from the Poly, then have a short non-crowded walk back to your room. And don't forget to watch the electrical boat parade from the Poly, too...little ones will really enjoy that, too.

KatMark
06-08-2008, 08:20 PM
We only did this twice--both times when we stayed at the Poly (the other times would have been too time consuming for us as we stayed at the CSR and we drive to the parks). The last time we did this was four years ago with our oldest so and his girlfriend on the 4th of July. They left the parks early and went and took a nap (yeah, right!) and had pizza. They went and got places on the beach and we met them there. It was spectacular.

CinderellyCinderelly
06-08-2008, 09:28 PM
My dad HATES crowds so on our last trip he thought that seeing Wishes from Ohana on our first night was enough - why stay in the park with that huge Easter crowd? So, I watched Wishes from our room in Hawaii the nights we were back for it! They pipe in the music and it is pretty awesome.

TJA
06-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Yes, most definitely do it! It's much easier and way more relaxing to watch Wishes and the water parade right from Poly. That is a huge advantage of staying at a monorail resort!

buzz1fan
06-08-2008, 09:43 PM
the fireworks are at 10pm. When do you think we should head out of the park to make it back in time?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-08-2008, 09:45 PM
I would leave at 9:00 PM this way you can give yourself time to wait for the Monorail because it will 1st stop at the Contemporary and TTC before arriving at the Polynesian. If you were to take the boat it will 1st stop at the Grand Floridian, before arriving at the Polynesian.

catne
06-08-2008, 09:52 PM
I would head out of the park around 9:00 P.M...you will find that people are already mobbing Main street & hub then, but you should be able to get through the crowds to the monorail to Poly.

After wishes, hang around a few minutes & you'll see the Electric Boat Parade...when fireworks are at 10, the Boat parade usually follows around 10:25 or so.

Endeavour105
06-09-2008, 11:20 AM
I would head out of the park around 9:00 P.M...you will find that people are already mobbing Main street & hub then, but you should be able to get through the crowds to the monorail to Poly.

After wishes, hang around a few minutes & you'll see the Electric Boat Parade...when fireworks are at 10, the Boat parade usually follows around 10:25 or so.

The above in red is misleading. The Electrical Water Pageant shows at the Poly at 9pm (or just after the fireworks if the fireworks are at 9) and later in front of the MK at about 10:30pm.

Coconuts
06-09-2008, 11:29 AM
We totally did this, by accident. Our kids couldn't make it in the MK to catch the fireworks, so we took the little boat back to the Poly. The fireworks started while we were on the lake and we finished watching them from benches on the Poly's dock.pixiedust: Then when the kids were done watching, we were in bed in 5 minutes!:thumbsup2 Perfect:goodvibes

shyjade
06-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Last year on our arrival day we were SO tired after a very early morning flight, afternoon in the parks and a big meal at Kona, and turned in very early to get a good night's sleep so we could start out early the next morning. Once in bed we heard the fireworks and went out in our PJ's to watch the fireworks from the marina (we were in Fiji, without a view of the castle from our room). After they were done we hopped back inside and went to bed. It was an awesome way to end our first day at Disney! :thumbsup2

KarlaG4Kids
06-09-2008, 01:32 PM
If you are on the beach at the Poly do they have music from Wishes that you can hear? I know they do in Ohana's. Just wondering about on the beach!

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-09-2008, 01:47 PM
If you are on the beach at the Poly do they have music from Wishes that you can hear? I know they do in Ohana's. Just wondering about on the beach!Yes you can hear the music on the beach.

MsStinkerBelle
06-09-2008, 02:25 PM
We actually prefer to watch the fireworks from the Poly beach. :thumbsup2

krmlaw
06-09-2008, 02:27 PM
So, if we are staying at CSR, dining at Ohana, is it easiest to walk to the TTC from the Poly? or Take the monorail back to the TTC after the fireworks on the beach?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-09-2008, 02:31 PM
It would be a lot faster walking to the TTC. If you took the Monorail it will 1st go to the Grand Floridian, Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary before arriving at the TTC.

krmlaw
06-09-2008, 03:13 PM
How long is the walk to the TTC? Is doesnt look too far.

I was thinking of taking a bus to MK, walking around for an hour or so in the shops, then taking the monorail to Poly for dinner. Is 1/2 enough time? Or should we take the boat instead?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-09-2008, 03:21 PM
From the beach I would say it's about a 5 minute walk to the TTC. If you were take the bus to the Magic Kingdom I would say 1/2 hour is a good amount of time of walking around and visting the shops. As for the Monorail or boat to the Polynesian I would say the Monorail would be faster.

allison k
06-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Does it get crowded on the beach? If we're not in MK, what would be the ideal time to try to get to there?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Last December when I stayed at the Polynesian I don't remember the beach ever being that busy with a lot of people.

KarlaG4Kids
06-09-2008, 08:36 PM
OK. There seems to be 2 sides to the beach at the Poly. (At least according to the Google Maps 3D). Which side is the best view of the fireworks from? Is one side better than the other? How soon after the fireworks is the Electric Light water parade? One more question...are there buses to the other resorts from the TTC?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-09-2008, 09:31 PM
One more question...are there buses to the other resorts from the TTC?The only Disney buses at the TTC are ones that go to and from Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom.

thumperjr9
06-09-2008, 09:53 PM
We were planning on eating at O'hana's and staying to watch Wishes from the beach. We are staying at POR. We will have a rental car. So I'm thinking that it would be easiest to park at the Poly. Is there any time limit parking there? We have never had a problem parking at other resorts (AKL and WL) and having to rush out after dinner. However, being that lots of people probably go there to watch Wishes, I'm wondering if that would work out ok.

KarlaG4Kids
06-10-2008, 07:08 AM
The only Disney buses at the TTC are ones that go to and from Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom.

Thanks...that is what I thought but I read something earlier that made me question that.

canron
06-10-2008, 07:16 AM
we do it all the time..i just put wifes ashes at the poly in the lake..now she can see the fire works every night..im going in 8 days to sit with her..

krmlaw
06-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Oh no ... I assumed TTC had all the buses ... where can I catch a bus back to CSR from? Will I have to go from Poly back to MK then to CSR?

WendyisDarling
06-10-2008, 11:22 AM
we do it all the time..i just put wifes ashes at the poly in the lake..now she can see the fire works every night..im going in 8 days to sit with her..

I'm sure it will be a bittersweet trip. May you find comfort in the wonderful memories you have of being together in such a special place.

shyjade
06-10-2008, 11:22 AM

:hug:

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Oh no ... I assumed TTC had all the buses ... where can I catch a bus back to CSR from? Will I have to go from Poly back to MK then to CSR?If you want to travel back to CSR then yes you need to go back to the Magic Kingdom, so you can get on the CSR bus.

shyjade
06-10-2008, 12:25 PM
If you want to travel back to CSR then yes you need to go back to the Magic Kingdom, so you can get on the CSR bus.

Yes, because resort busses go directly to the parks, not the TTC (where the cabs, offsite resort busses, etc. go).

Nank
06-10-2008, 12:44 PM
HOw many people are on the beach? Is it crowded?

shyjade
06-10-2008, 12:46 PM
It all depends on your idea of "crowded". But considering the alternative is being in the MK, I'd say the Poly is rather "uncrowded"! :thumbsup2

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-10-2008, 12:47 PM
HOw many people are on the beach? Is it crowded?The beach is big enough so I would say there should be no problems with it being to crowded.

Traveliz
06-10-2008, 01:05 PM
I have been there 3-4 times on NYE and that is the only time I would consider the beach to have been somewhat busy (but not crowded like Main St). People have been walking up to the beach right as the fireworks started on NYE and been able to view fine.

I have been on other nights throughout the year and consider the people to be watching the fireworks very low in numbers.

I have not yet been on 4th of July.

Liz

princess aurora5726
06-10-2008, 01:12 PM
EVERYTIME I GO TO WDW I NEVER MISS THEM I LUV THEM THEY ARE AWESOME !!:thumbsup2

krmlaw
06-11-2008, 06:00 AM
SO can I take the monorail back to MK, then a bus to CSR? Im so confused! hhaha!

mickeynut1
06-11-2008, 06:17 AM
Yes, you can see the fireworks from the pool and beach ::yes::. We had our first stay at the Poly in September and that is one of the MANY perks we LOVE about the Poly....not only is it less crowded, but it's also more relaxing :cutie:. Have a great trip :dance3:.

KarlaG4Kids
06-11-2008, 07:21 AM
SO can I take the monorail back to MK, then a bus to CSR? Im so confused! hhaha!

Yep. That is the way to do it but, depending on what time the fireworks are at MK it might be better to take the monorail to Epcot and then the bus to CSR. Especially since CSR is close to Epcot. You might be able to avoid a little of the crowds leaving MK by doing it this way. I think you would be best off to walk to the TTC and pick up the Epcot monorail from there. (Anyone jump in and correct me if I am wrong).