PDA

View Full Version : An easy question, I'm sure. :)

SilverCeladon
06-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I have never been to Disney World but have been numerous times to Disneyland-(I live in California). My husband said we could go to DW if I paid off the credit card-so, I'm calling his bluff and it'll be paid off in December. :cool1:

1) Which book is the best travel guide for WDW?
2)I'm overwhelmed with all the resort options. We'll definitely stay on site. I want the monorail to take us right to the hotel so we don't have to walk far-plus my son will just LOVE it! Is there a hotel that does this?
3) Which month is the best to go-weather wise? I can deal with mugginess but I don't want rain!

Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll have more. I don't what's more fun-planning or actually being there! :cool1:

Perditamarie
06-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Here are some hopefully helpful answerst:

1. I really like the Unofficial Guide...lots of info, maps and reviews of rides, restaurants, resorts, etc.

2. Monorail resorts are the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian. You can also easily walk to the Contemporary from the Magic Kingdom.

3. I like May and early December...low-ish crowds, nice weather. May is warm, but not yet oppressively humid.

Happy planning!!!!

chipper10
06-08-2008, 07:33 PM
1) Which book is the best travel guide for WDW?: I love the Unofficial Guide and the Passporter. I also like the Official Guide for its pictures. I have signed up for Tour Guide Mike online as well and I like that so far too.

2)I'm overwhelmed with all the resort options. We'll definitely stay on site. I want the monorail to take us right to the hotel so we don't have to walk far-plus my son will just LOVE it! Is there a hotel that does this?: The monorail hotels are the Contempory, Polynesian, and the Grand Floridian. They can get you to the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT via the monorail, but for Animal Kingdom and Disney Studios you will need to take the bus.
3) Which month is the best to go-weather wise? I can deal with mugginess but I don't want rain!: I really like February. We go the first week b/c our anniversary is Feb 5th. Its not too cold and its not hot. We usually can swim a bit, but we usually do the hot tub. You can be in shorts and tee shirts or jeans and tee shirts and still be comfortable.

SilverCeladon
06-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks ladies! What is Tour Guide Mike?