PDA

View Full Version : Getting to CR - Going through the Tolls???

The Grumpus
06-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Typically, when I go to Disney, I take a shuttle or the ME, and I tend to stay at POP.

This trip isn't typical...I'm renting a car and staying at CR. So, my question is: "how do I get there". Specifically, I'm wondering about the access from World Drive. Looking at the map, it looks like I have to go through the tolls at the MK gate. If so, do I have to pay, since I'm a hotel guest? Is there another way around? Or am I just worried for nothing like a typical Grumpus?

Only 5 days before I leave!!! Glad it's hot around here this week so I can get used to the Florida heat.

-The Grumpus :mad:

sotoalf
06-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Tell the toll both attendant that you're going to the Contemporary and he'll wave you through. Stay to the right. Follow the signs. When you get to the first intersection, keep going: you'll see the Contemporary looming before you. There's no way to get lost: signs are everywhere. From the tollbooth to the Contemporary is a two to five minute car ride depending on the traffic light.

One of the least commented on of WDW's visual effects is how well the Contemporary's hidden behind shrubbery...until it's impossible to miss. The suspense is handled very well.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-08-2008, 09:19 PM
The information sotoalf told you is perfect so you should have no problems driving to the Contemporary.

WillCAD
06-08-2008, 10:51 PM
As sotoalf said, when you arrive, just tell the toll booth CM that you're checking into Contemporary, and they'll wave you through. HINT: Go to the open toll booth farthest to the right (not the absolute last one, though, that's only for busses), since the cut off to go to the MK resorts is on the right and is just past the toll plaza.

You will also have to stop at the guard shack when you enter Contemporary. Again, just tell the guard that you're checking in; he will ask for your photo ID and write down your car's license plate number, then wave you in and direct you where to find self parking and valet parking.

When you check in at Contemporary, you will be given a parking pass for your car. The pass will then get you through all of the theme park toll plazas free for the duration of your stay. It will also make it easier to park at any DIsney resort (they will often wave you through without asking anything when they see the parking permit).

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-09-2008, 11:53 AM
As sotoalf said, when you arrive, just tell the toll booth CM that you're checking into Contemporary, and they'll wave you through. HINT: Go to the open toll booth farthest to the right (not the absolute last one, though, that's only for busses), since the cut off to go to the MK resorts is on the right and is just past the toll plaza.On that subject look for the words MK Resort Guests that is painted on that side of the road, the closer you get to the toll both. If you do that you won't have any problems because you can continue to drive straight, once you go pass threw the toll.

The Grumpus
06-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Great info. Thanks to you all for the support.

The countdown continues!!!

-The Grumpus :mad:

eeyoresnr
06-09-2008, 06:02 PM
:offtopic: this is a bit off topic...we just booked the train tour at Mk and the CM told us to drive to the CR and tell them we were there for the train tour at Mk and they would give us a pass to park there (since busses won't be running that early from the resorts) then we just walk over to the MK...does this sound correct?:confused3

Luv2Roam
06-09-2008, 07:03 PM
It has been awhile since we have driven through the tolls just to check in to a resort. At that time we had to give them a reservation confirmation number. This may have changed since. But just be prepared to provide it in case.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Great info. Thanks to you all for the support.

The countdown continues!!!

-The Grumpus :mad:You're welcome.

skipperkim
06-09-2008, 07:41 PM
How about this, the Contemporary will be on your right after you go through the tunnel. If your very lucky maybe a ferry will be crossing the lake while you drive into the tunnel.

texasmom
06-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Just remember to stay as far to the right as you go through the toll booth. Once you go through, you will exit the main road almost immediately so it is important to be all the way over. I know from experience and had to drive the loop.

Have fun.

spaceace510
06-09-2008, 11:52 PM
:offtopic: this is a bit off topic...we just booked the train tour at Mk and the CM told us to drive to the CR and tell them we were there for the train tour at Mk and they would give us a pass to park there (since busses won't be running that early from the resorts) then we just walk over to the MK...does this sound correct?:confused3

Yes that is correct. Just park your car and then follow the signs to the walking path. If you are coming out of the lobby is is straight ahead, but slightly to the right.