PDA

View Full Version : Those who have stayed at both Pop and ASMo...

DreaminDisney
06-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Which did you like better, recommend and why?

dmslush
06-08-2008, 09:15 AM
I just got back from POP and have stayed at ASmovies several times. I have to say that I like Pop better.

I like their choices in the food court, the ice cokes and stuff like that. The rooms seem a little bigger, but probably aren't.

The bus system, I have to say that is the big selling point. They don't share the busses with other resorts. With ASmo, you are the last stop when being picked up, and the last stop when being dropped off. Many times at ASmo, by the time the bus got there, people were already standing on the bus. It was always crowded and miserable!

maciemouse
06-08-2008, 09:20 AM
I've stayed at both and I like POP better. You are going to find that when people reply they are either a complete All Stars fan or a POP fan. I can tell you I did enjoy both, I just like the layout and icons at POP better. They also have a bigger food court and I like the arrangement of there gift shop better. POP does not share a bus with other resorts. Allstars shares a bus with the other two Allstars resorts. (Atleast they did during our visit in November). One more note: out of all the Allstar resorts, Allstar Sports is our favorite. It just recently got refurbished and was super clean. I even have girls and they agree with me. But if I gave them a choice of where to stay we would pick POP.

Eeyore's My Favorite
06-08-2008, 09:29 AM
While I haven't stayed at ASMo lately, we have stayed at both POP and ASMu and I would say a big NO to POP. We had the most unmagical vacation we've ever had onsite in September @ POP. The resort is HUGE and when we were there it was packed to the rafters. We'd paid for preferred, but the location was horrible & no way to change it. The room was definitely beginning to show the wear & tear. Long, long lines for the buses, no seats in the food court (no matter what time we went unless one of us was a table vulture) and the biggest amount of unsupervised kids running & screaming up & down the halls of our wing in the 60's building and overall just plain rude guests. There was really too much that was unmagical to put it here.

However, we stayed at ASMu in January & it was great. Since it's a much smaller resort it was definitely alot more quiet. The rooms have been refurbished and I loved the curtain between the sinks and the sleeping area. It was perfect. Our standard room was 100% better and in a great location compared to the preferred room we paid extra for at POP. To us, the food court was much better and so was the shopping. As far as the busses, we only shared 1x and that was to the AK & I didn't have to wait for 3 or 4 busses to come in the morning to get a seat or be able to stand to ride to a park like I did at POP.

Whatever you choose - you'll be at Disney & that's the biggest selling point no matter where you stay! Enjoy your trip..................:thumbsup2

Hugpug
06-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I have stayed at both and I have say I preferred All Stars Moves over Pop mainly due to the room. Did not like the bus service here which is why if I stayed there again I would have a car. Pop's bus service is better but I hated the room layout. The food court was OK but not any better then any other food court in my option. I would never stay at Pop over a Holiday week-end that is for sure. As stated above very un-cooperate CM'S Poor service at food court. Rude guest and kids totaly un-supervised.

Shmily1
06-08-2008, 01:51 PM
I have a really hard time choosing among the values because I love them all!!! We've stayed 9 times at POP because I love the theming. I know my way around them all since we've been so many times. I think that AS Music is our favorite because we have so much fun going around taking pictures, but then there's something I miss about POP when we stay at the AS resorts. :confused3 Oh, well, I love them all!!!

MickeyNicki
06-08-2008, 02:27 PM
We stayed at both and ASMu and find that all three are just about the same with exception to the buses....POP has their own while the All Stars shared (at least they did when we stayed there)

Charleyann
06-08-2008, 03:56 PM
I stayed the the Movies first and then tried the Pop. I much preferred the Movies. It had a more disney feel to it. The bus service was good. I found it better then POP(even though POP doesn't share a bus) because the POP is much bigger and more crowded. You often had to wait for buses as there were too many people at once.

I found the POP to have problems with their vent system. There are 16 or 17 rooms connected to the vent system. People broke the smoking rule and were smoking in their room. The smoke travelled via the vents in the bathroom and you could swear someone was smoking in your room. Maintainence had to unhook the vent and shove a towel in it to prevent the smoke from coming through. My son has a fatal lung illness and it wasn't pleasant! This has been an ongoing problem at POP.

I will say, the POP is bright and beautiful with nice icons and pools. I just don't like it because of the smoking /vent problem....

Charleyann

DisneyWisher
06-08-2008, 04:45 PM
I've stayed at all 4 value resorts. Last trip to Pop was Jan '05 I love the resort, love that the bldg you stay in reflects the decade of music they play. (i.e. stayed in 50's heard Elvis, 70's BeeGees, etc.) I don't care for the buses. Yes AllStars do share but you always know a bus is coming. At MK we waited 45 mins for a Pop bus while All Stars had about 8 buses. At Pop more rooms because they have 4 floors, AS has 3 floors. Though a lot of people love it, I don't care for their food court. Just not my style. My biggest complaint would be parking.
Also have to say that we will never stay at Movies again. Disappointed that even at check in they didn't tell us that the main pool was being refurb. They now consider Toy Story and Dalmations preferred. So for us its WL, AKL (when we want to splurge) or ASMu and ASsports. Great parking, newly refurb'd rooms. and short waits for the bus. Quick note. If you don't want to wait for a bus at the end of the day hit the buses before the fireworks! It will be a time saver. If you want to watch the fireworks then just chill for about 30mins til the majority of people have left.

DreaminDisney
06-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Anyone else have any comments?

Terk-1
06-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Have stayed at Movies and had a great time. Great service & food at the foodcourt. Would definitely stay again.

Have stayed at Pop once and won't go back. Bad service & horrible food.