PDA

View Full Version : Room only then package

heimlichfan
06-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Okay, I know this has been discussed a gazillion times but let's discuss it just once more! ::yes::

What are your experiences with doing a one night room reservation for arrival day, followed by a package for subsequent days?

My family and I are planning a trip (6 plus a toddler) to the World and it looks like we will be staying in a 2-bedroom villa at SSR or OKW. (Opinions on that subject would be appreciated as well!) We would be flying in late on a Wednesday night and leaving late on a Sunday night.

If we spend that first night at a value resort, followed by the villa, it would save some $ on the whole trip.

My thought would be that we'd stay that first night at ASMu, and in the morning I would grab taxi over to the next resort to check in and drop off luggage while everyone else headed to the parks where I would meet them ASAP. Now I know that bell services can probably send the luggage and what not, but I would really prefer to do it myself. In my experience, early check-in seems to help with room requests - all the times we've had to check in late we did not end up near where I wanted to be.

Thoughts? (and thanks!)

Kim1964
06-07-2008, 11:25 PM
We did one night at Pop last year, followed by a 6 night package at YC. Because we wanted to get to early opening at BB, we checked in at YC at 7:00 a.m. Naturally, our room wasn't ready (didn't expect it to be), but the front desk CM got us a wonderful standard view room overlooking the wedding gazebo, with a partial view of the Boardwalk...it was lovely.

We had a rental car so we just kept our bags in the trunk for the day.

brentalex
06-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Just make sure you realize that since you will have 2 reservations, it will mean paying 2 deposits. And you will also need multiple rooms at the value resort since you all can't fit into one room.

heimlichfan
06-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Oh yes, I know we need two rooms. :thumbsup2 It's still less to do two value rooms for a night than an additional villa night.

Thanks for the input!