PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever change Disney resorts once they arrived?

bangzoom6877
06-07-2008, 03:21 PM
I am not talking about splitting up your vacation between 2 hotels from the original planning...I am talking about booking one hotel and when you get there asking if there is an available room at another one. Anyone ever do this? Like, let's say you are booked at All Star Sports and you want to see if you can upgrade to a moderate or deluxe resort...anyone ever do this? Or even to another hotel in the same category? If so, did you pay the same difference in price as you would have if you would have booked that upgraded hotel from the beginning? Or was it discounted because they wanted to see the room for those nights? Just curious!

-Bonnie

kat3668
06-07-2008, 03:26 PM
No generally you have to pay rack rate for the room no discounts are given...I tried to switch to CSR from Pop my last trip and the price difference was way to high.

tinklvr64
06-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Yes we did this twice...the first time was due to some major issues at the Poly and we moved the next day to GF and was granted the same price as we were paying at the Poly. The other time was at AKL and after 1 night we decided it wasn't for us, so we went down and requested a change to GF, moved over there, and paid the difference.
Soooo, 2 different times, 2 different situations, 2 different rates:wizard:

Vickie46
06-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I have heard if you change for any reason its RACK rate..

RichieTruxillo
06-07-2008, 08:46 PM
My friends had to pay rack rate when they switched hotels. generally, it's not very cost effective :(

tinklvr64
06-07-2008, 08:49 PM

Nope, we paid exactly what our rate was at the Poly when we changed over to GF due to major issues with the Poly and It was a discounted rate.
Like I stated before, when we moved from AKL to GF we paid the current rate.

Knavey
06-07-2008, 08:57 PM
We changed after one night...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1718646&page=1&highlight=

This is why we did it.

kelscross
06-08-2008, 07:25 AM
We booked Pop one year at Christmas and after I think one night or maybe two, we decided that we missed the Poly so my DH told me to make the call and get it switched. We paid the price difference, but there was a discounted rate still available so it wasn't rack rate that we paid.

Minnie&Nana
06-08-2008, 07:51 AM

Just like any other reservation, it depends on what rate is available. :)

Disney does not penalize for changing resorts, thank goodness!;)

missycj96
06-08-2008, 08:36 AM
I switched first week of May. To avoid the rack rate situation, I called 407-w-disney from my room and asked for AP rates. Unbelievably, they had everything available. I was able to get an AP rate at almost any resort. I made a new reservation. Then I went down to the front desk and told them I was checking out. I gave them my new reservation number and they transferred me over in their system. The front desks can't give discounts but if you call, you can get discounted rates. Maybe I was really lucky.

I checked into the GF and the staff there, including the front desk staff could not have been more accommodating.

Don't stay where you're not happy - there are too many choices available and vacation time and money is too precious.

queenof2princesses
06-08-2008, 08:51 AM
when we were checking in at POP last year (around 3pm). The CM said they were very close to capacity. I asked what would happen if they were, where would we sleep:confused3 ??? She said they would give a comp upgrade to somewhere like POR. I hesitated on checking in...If I waited to check in later in the night, would I get the upgrade? Maybe...It wasn't worth it for us. We happily settled for POP:)

However, on DCL, booking GTY, you always get an upgrade:banana: