PDA

View Full Version : No Spontaneity in the Summer at WDW

jenrose66
06-07-2008, 03:09 PM
I have a vacation coming up at work next week and I decided it might be fun to go to Disney for the week. I usually don't do things like this, but my mom was just able to get some last minute time off from work too and we never have time off together. I can find no availability for June 17 to the 21st at any values or moderates :( Oh well, I guess it is summer. It's just too bad because I found a flight for $89 each way. There is always offsite, but I don't think I want to do that.

Minnie&Nana
06-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Ohh, that's too bad! Maybe keep checking every hour for 48 hours?? LOL

Hey, it might be worth it - something might open up..did you try AAA?

Good luck!

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
06-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Keep checking and make sure you look at expedia and travelocity too!

mskayjay
06-07-2008, 03:25 PM
jenrose we've done Royal Plaza just off DTD and it was quite nice. If all else is falling into place except for hotels, try it! Its all renovated and such now too. Are Dolphin and Swan booked too?

jenrose66
06-07-2008, 03:29 PM
There is availability at the swan and dolphin, but when I try to use the code listed on the link thru the dis site, it says that it's expired. I wanted to try to keep the cost around $150 a night or less.

mickeynut1
06-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Have you checked online as well as calling??? Sometimes CRO has availability that online doesn't have and vice versa :confused3. Also, I believe room only bookings have up until 6 days before arrival to cancel, so I would keep checking daily to see if anything becomes available due to someone having to cancel :confused:. Good luck and I hope you are able to get a room :goodvibes.

bartleby1
06-07-2008, 03:35 PM
I've heard that some people have luck calling at 7 am when they open because cancellations go through overnite. That never would have dawned on me. Have you tried the early morning approach?

Good luck! I hope it works out for you!

DisneylandDiva
06-07-2008, 03:41 PM
You can always book an off site hotel. i know, not as much fun, but at least you will be able to go to WDW.

mskayjay
06-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Well for what it is worth jenrose, I just did a hotwire search and found a 4 star in lake buena vista/dowtown disney for those dates at $99/night! I'd be willing to take a chance on that and here is what they say about that level of hotel so you can guess which one it is......"Our 4-star hotel suppliers include:
Intercontinental, Hyatt, Omni, plus other top brands and quality hotels." There were also ones as low as $75 for 3 1/2 star hotels.

kat3668
06-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Coronado springs is available for $236 a night at www.lastminutetravel.com
http://www.lastminutetravel.com/PageHotelSearchResults.aspx?dontPerformSearch=1&Tab=hotel
Good Luck!

mskayjay
06-07-2008, 03:49 PM
and Expedia pulled up the Royal Plaza at $109 for those nights (that is with only 2 people but still......)

jenrose66
06-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks for helping me everyone! I was just looking at mousesavers and they had the Best Western at Downtown Disney for $99 a night and that looked ok too.

mskayjay
06-07-2008, 04:16 PM
all of those hotels looked very nice when we were over there jen. the hilton of course is stunning. they were on expedia too so check there honey. their downtown market area was awesome AND expedia is going this thing for $50 in free gas if you book through them! go peek!!!!

kat3668
06-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Do you have AAA? They are showing availabilty....at movies and music. It might be worth the joining fee just to book.

Minnie&Nana
06-07-2008, 04:38 PM
The Best Weestern has huge rooms, but trip advisor reviews have not been so good lately. How about The Buena Vista Palace? It gets great reviews and has a perfect location directly across from DTD.

http://www.buenavistapalace.com/?src=sl_guidewdw_link

For your dates they are listing Resort View room at $114, Waterview Room at $114 - 124
Disney View Guest Room $124 - 134.

it's a very nice resort - and you might even find a good deal on Expedia, Travelocity or Orbitz..but I think I'd book directly through the hotel - also remember you can often get a better rate by calling the hotel directly and asking if they are currently offering any special rates for your dates.

Hilton participates in EMH - but we were not crazy about the Hilton when we stayed there..but that would be nice plus.

Good luck!! I am so excited for you - last minute trips are so much fun!!! :)

MemoryMakers2669
06-07-2008, 05:04 PM
I had the same problem. We tried for the 17-24th and we ended up at three different places. 3 night, 2 nights, 2 nights.

We ended up switching to the 25-2nd and things were better.

tinkerbell60
06-07-2008, 05:22 PM
We did a last minute trip over Spring Break - needless to say, nothing available onsite OR in DTD. We used the mousesaver code and booked the Radisson Resort Parkway. It is so close to Disney - but I would recommend getting a car. The shuttle bus had very limited times. We loved having our car there.

It was a nice hotel and the rate was $79/night.

asmarykay
06-07-2008, 05:27 PM
You should check hotels.com as well

MickeyNicki
06-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Just 2 weeks ago DH gave me the go ahead for a weekend getaway in June. No discounts available and the rate for value was $129 and mod was $189. That is insane! We decided to cash in points and stay at the Staybridge Suites instead...offsite at WDW is better than no WDW at all.

Have not stayed offsite in 6 years or more so this will be new to us once again...driving and parking and waiting for the tram....oh how spoiled we have become!;)

mskayjay
06-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Nicki that deal at DDT sounds great! Are you already locked in to your ressies?

MickeyNicki
06-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Nicki that deal at DDT sounds great! Are you already locked in to your ressies?

Yes we got our 2 nights at the Staybridge for free....thanks to DH and his job that makes him travel alot...I swear that boy has signed up for more hotel points cards....

They say we can cancel 48 hours in advance and get our points back.

With the cost of gas so high and the TS places priced at Holiday prices for June it is just as well that we save the money and stay offsite.

mskayjay
06-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Did you catch the deal with expedia that if you book through them you get $50 in free gas too? unreal...... I'm glad our trip is covered by our airmiles or we'd have to cancel.

Hey since you know so much about the resorts, can you go look at my post for the romantics? Trying to figure something special out for DH.

Naples.....my brother lived at Victoria Lakes for years and used to manage the Belks store down there! Gorgeous area!!!!!

MickeyNicki
06-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Did you catch the deal with expedia that if you book through them you get $50 in free gas too? unreal...... I'm glad our trip is covered by our airmiles or we'd have to cancel.

Hey since you know so much about the resorts, can you go look at my post for the romantics? Trying to figure something special out for DH.

Naples.....my brother lived at Victoria Lakes for years and used to manage the Belks store down there! Gorgeous area!!!!!

We got an email from the hotel in the Florida Mall, very close to I-4 (DH stayed there for a week for conferences last Sept) and they will give us a $50 gas card for every night that we stay there, from now until the end of Sept. That is a great deal! And the hotel is in the mall with a STARBUCKS!

I did post to your question about the ring, I am the chick with the car obsessed hubby :lmao:

Samsma
06-07-2008, 09:24 PM
They had a pretty good summer rate at Gaylord Palms. I can't remember the exact details, but I remember I was tempted for a moment!

carol-lamb
06-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Keep checking on line all the time!! My son's principal just asked him on Thursday to attend a teacher's conference at WDW on June 21st - 25th. All the Disney resorts that the conference had rooms at were already booked. My son called Disney on Friday and they said there was no availability at any resort except the Boardwalk. I went on line several times on Friday - every hour - and I could have gotten him a room at CBR with 1 king sized bed. He really wanted to stay at a value, but none were showing availability on line. Finally around 5:00 I went on line and checked again and I was able to get him a room at All Stars Music!! People cancel rooms all the time.

DaisyD
06-07-2008, 11:08 PM
I had the same problem. I just decided a few days ago to book a last minute trip June 16-19th. There was nothing available except Saratoga, Boardwalk and CBR. I didn't want any of those. I ended up with the Swan for $189 a night. I am really nervous about a non Disney hotel but I booked the air and needed a place to stay. Have a nice trip!

scrappinMickey
06-08-2008, 08:15 AM
I know you said you didn't want to stay off-site, but the http://www.celebrationhotel.com looks really nice!! Looks like there are rooms available for 179.00 and it's only really close to DW!! :goodvibes

queenof2princesses
06-08-2008, 10:09 AM
the hotwire rate for a 4* in downtown disney for your dates is now $89/night. I wouldn't pass that up...I have stayed at the Hilton and Royal Plaza in DTD, and was happy with both.
A non-disney hotel in 10 days is better than no hotel in 10 days!!!!!!!:goodvibes

Esmerelda
06-08-2008, 07:46 PM
just keep checking online...there are rooms that open up hour by hour there....your chances are very good of finding a room onsite! :)

sending pixie dust....:pixiedust:

Tinkbellfan
06-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi - I just check travelocity and they had the Swan/Dolphin and CBR for about $194 a night. I know it's more than you wanted to spend, but it is on property. Let us know what you decide!

crostorfer
06-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Try the Buena Vista Palace in the DDRA, I just looked at their website and they have availability and a $99 summer special.

Vickie46
06-08-2008, 08:34 PM
keep checking first thing in the morning when they open!