PDA

View Full Version : CSR, Port Or. FQ, or Port Or. River - which one?

DBurdette
06-07-2008, 12:43 PM
If I can't rent points at the DVC, I want to stay at either CSR, PORFQ or PORRiver. Can you give me input on which you liked best? Which had more counter services than the others? Which had fewer bus crowds? :confused3 Thanks!!

ols386
06-07-2008, 03:52 PM
My vote would be for POR. We really like it. Stayed at CBR once, and it was nice also. We walked through POFQ, but we didn't stay there. It also looked nice, and is smaller than POR and CBR.

KatMark
06-07-2008, 04:02 PM
We have stayed in only one mod but have visited all of them--walking the grounds, eating at food courts/table service restaurants. Our order of preference (and we will never leave "our" resort unless it is for Animal Kingdom Lodge) are:

CSR (staying for the 7th time in September)
POFQ
Caribbean
POR

kat3668
06-07-2008, 04:29 PM
If you want a seat on the bus then CSR is definatly the way to go!! Great transportation! The food court is great too.. they have a ton of choices and it is a CS credit if you are on the dining plan.:cool1:

DBurdette
06-07-2008, 07:23 PM
If you want a seat on the bus then CSR is definatly the way to go!! Great transportation! The food court is great too.. they have a ton of choices and it is a CS credit if you are on the dining plan.:cool1:

That is what I need to know. We stayed at All Star Sports last year and the bus wait at the theme park to go back were terrible. My cousin stayed at CSR and said the buses were great for that resort. Not overcrowded at all. Kinda needed a confirmation. Also like the idea of a few choices to eat. Thank YOu. :yay:

tinkerbellmagic
06-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Well, I too, have to base my choices on transportation.
My choices are in this order:
CSR, POFQ, POR

I stayed at CSR and POR. CSR had great bus transpo. POR had, well, poor bus transpo. I only put POFQ in second place ahead of POR because it gets picked up before POR and dropped off before POR since they, many times, share buses. I have not stayed at POFQ.

To me, the grounds at all the mods are pretty, so you can't go wrong there.
If I were to stay at a mod, I would go back to CSR for the buses alone. We had a nice time there last year.

jacksmom
06-07-2008, 07:46 PM
CSR!:cool1:

marineswfe99
06-07-2008, 07:58 PM
i love POFQ is my favorite to me it is like stayong at a B&B small and nice but ur at disney it is great

disneyworldluvr349
06-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Port Orleans Riverside is and has been our favorite hotel. We have stayed there every year we go. (10 years now.) It is beautifully themed and it is quiet and peaceful. There is so much for everyone to do, the biking, the swimming, the food court with the coloring pages, the lobby with the T.V. playing old Disney movies. It is a truly wonderful hotel.

Buzz2001
06-07-2008, 09:17 PM
CSR!! Great main pool area, terrific transportation that is not shared with another resort and awesome food. Check out my CSR website below for pics and info.