PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to Disney!!!

Aurora63
06-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Just booked my trip! We'll be at Riverside from July 11-14! I know it's going ot be so busy, but I handled New Year's, so I can take anything!!

I'm very excitied!! Just thought I'd share! :banana:

larryz
06-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Just booked my trip! We'll be at Riverside from July 11-14! I know it's going ot be so busy, but I handled New Year's, so I can take anything!!

Yeah, it also will be hot, but you can still have a good time if you take a few precautions.
(1) STAY HYDRATED! Drink lots of water; avoid sugared and/or caffeinated drinks, soda pop, even the so-called "tea" drinks.
(2) Wear lots of high SPF sunscreen, and light colored clothes, made of a breathable fabric that wicks away moisture.
(3) Put a wet washcloth in a zip-lock baggie and carry it along for instant cooling when you get too hot.
(4) Wear a hat that covers your whole head, or make sure you put sunscreen on your part (this is personal pain speaking here!).
(5) Plan to hit the parks early in the morning and late in the day, with a rest period during the hottest time of the day (if you can stay on property). Otherwise, plan and reserve for a sit-down meal in an air-conditioned venue for mid-day.
(6) Try not to carry bags and heavy items during the day. If you must have bulky items with you, put them in a folding stroller or lock them up in a locker so you don't have that extra drag.

Congrats on your trip, get ready to have a good time! :hyper:

lovemy2boys
06-07-2008, 10:49 AM

Whoo hoo! CONGRATS! We are taking our first trip to Disney next week. I know what the anticipation is like! :)

Terk-1
06-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Hope you have a great time!!!

Minnie&Nana
06-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Good for you!!!

That was excellent advice about FL in the summer::yes::

I'll add that I cannot drink that much water, so I drink Iced Tea (with extra ice) most of the time and do great.

When you go from attraction to attraction be sure to stroll through any nearby shops to cool down a bit :o)

Oh, and Hall of Presidents, Bear Jamboree, American Adventure (and of those types of attractions) are wonderful for cooling down on a hot summer day :)

We have been there that time of year and you're right - definitley hot and very crowded..but festive and fun!!

Have a fabulous trip!!

kadesha
06-07-2008, 03:25 PM
yay!! have a great trip!