PDA

View Full Version : in need of a USB cable onsite...

mommy2aprincess4
06-07-2008, 07:54 AM
We are staying at ASMo and my camera battery has died. I packed the charger but forgot the cable to connect it to the camera. What do you think the chances are of finding a USB cord somwhere onsite?

We are here until Tuesday evening, so I'm wondering if it might be worth it to take a cab to the walmart. Thoughts?

Lynne M
06-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Onsite, I'd say your chances are very low. There's just no place that sells stuff like that. You're going to need to go offsite, unfortunately.

Or, is there someone at home who can fedex your cable to your resort? Or run out and buy a new one and send it?

JohnNYC
06-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Try one of the photo stores in the theme parks, you never know. There's a big one in Epcot near the entrance.

pepe of ohio
06-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Disney seems to get anything a guest could desire, I would have no qualms asking at the concierge desk is one was available to borrow. Years ago, we lost the eye piece for our now ancient VHS camera, we went over to loft and found and its like Wal Mart in there. CM pulled out bins of video camera and odds and ends and said, take a whole camera if you like, never found the eye piece and didn't want another camera but there were bins of cell phones, chargers, you name it. You might just want to to hit the lost and found and peruse the USB bin for a cord. Disney has computers all over and asking to borrow a cord from somewhere should be easy, as long as you return it.

Deb & Bill
06-07-2008, 04:03 PM
You might check the camera store at the entrance to MK (on the right as you enter near Tony's).

bellazachmom
06-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Also try the Virgin store at DownTown Disney -- I know that they have a wide selection of cameras so maybe they have the accessories, too.

I agree with the previous poster, check with the concierge at your resort, they have been known to work wonders!

Good Luck! Jennie

polineedyan
06-07-2008, 06:51 PM
please move to the "stupidiest things Ive forgotten to take on my disney vacation" thread..just kidding..sorry bout the luck..downtown disney..

Eeyore's Pal
06-07-2008, 09:13 PM
I just want to point out that USB cables for cameras are not all the same. My canon cable works on all our canon cameras, but my son's kodak has a different cable. I used to have an Olympus and that was different too.

jlewisinsyr
06-07-2008, 09:19 PM
I just want to point out that USB cables for cameras are not all the same. My canon cable works on all our canon cameras, but my son's kodak has a different cable. I used to have an Olympus and that was different too.

This shouldn't be true. There are different size ends, but the cable itself should be the same.

LoraJ
06-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I would also suggest the Virgin store at DTD.

fla4fun
06-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Definitely ask the concierge. When I was checking in at CR last December, someone came up the the concierge desk to ask about a charger for their cell phone. They were loaned one, which I assume was from lost and found. It's worth a try.

That's why I love my Canon camera - all I need are AA batteries and I'm set!

Feralpeg
06-08-2008, 10:54 AM
There is a Best Buy at Winter Garden Village. It is not hard to find, but would be about a 20 minute drive each way. If you need directions, let me know.

Squirlz
06-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Try lost and found and ask if anyone found your camera cable...:rolleyes1