PDA

View Full Version : Key to the World Cards

abish19
06-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Hello everybody!

We're planning a January 2009 trip to WDW. In the past we've gotten packages through AAA. This time I THINK we can do it cheaper if we buy our tickets separately and just book a room-only reservation with the AAA discount.

My question is this: if we do buy our tickets separately, then can we still charge purchases to our room using Key to the World cards? Will those same cards be our tickets, or would we have separate ticket media? It seems cumbersome to be carrying two things around, but if it's significantly cheaper I won't mind.

Thanks in advance for helping me with this (very basic!) question.

tiger4me2
06-06-2008, 10:56 AM
We did this one year just booked a room before dining plan:) We got our tickets at the military post as it was cheaper & no tax. When we got there they asked if we wanted the tickets added to our room keys (we didn't because we wanted to keep the tickets, I wasn't giving up my Donald Duck ticket lol) but still had the charging on the key. Hope this answer your questions. :)

brentalex
06-06-2008, 11:33 AM
When you check in you can give a credit/debit card for the CM to swipe and then will be able to charge to your room. This has nothing to do with where or how you purchased your tickets. It is a perk of staying at one of the disney hotels. Also if you want, you can ask them to add your tickets onto your room key. Or you can keep them as separate tickets. Your choice.

rkwells
06-06-2008, 12:26 PM
I had this same question before our spring 07' trip...I purchased our tickets through undercover tourist.

Like all the previous posters stated, yes they can be added to your kttk cards. HOWEVER, I was told that you had to do it before you had used ANY of the days in the parks.

For example: You enter a park in the morning with your paper ticket and then check into your WDW resort in the afternoon and want to do the transfer then. At this point you can't add them. It must be done before you have used the paper tickets. We checked into our resort very early in the morning just so we didn't have any problem with the transfer.

I'm not 100% sure this is the case but that is what I was told so I went with it. Enjoy your trip!:)

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-06-2008, 02:59 PM
If you decide to have your tickets added to your KTTW cards, if you have any remaining days assuming you purchased the no experation option and are taking a future trip to WDW, the days left would still be on your previous KTTW cards. So you don't want to forget that.

rsackett
06-06-2008, 03:09 PM
So just to see if I understand: I am staying for 9 nights at Disney resorts, split between two resorts. If I have my tickets added to my room key at the first resort, I would still be able to use those room keys to get into the parks for the rest of my stay as long as I have enough days left?

Thanks, Ray

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-06-2008, 03:14 PM
So just to see if I understand: I am staying for 9 nights at Disney resorts, split between two resorts. If I have my tickets added to my room key at the first resort, I would still be able to use those room keys to get into the parks for the rest of my stay as long as I have enough days left?

Thanks, RayYes you would be able to keep using the KTTW cards from your 1st Resort.

rsackett
06-06-2008, 03:21 PM
If you lose your KTTW key with tickes on them would the tickest be replaced with the key? What are the advantages to having your tickets on your key?

Thanks again!

Ray

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-06-2008, 03:27 PM
If you lose your KTTW key with tickes on them would the tickest be replaced with the key? What are the advantages to having your tickets on your key?

Thanks again!

RayYes they could be replaced. Also some people say the advantage is that with the tickets being on your KTTW cards it means less things to carry, so you won't need to carry the original tickets that you 1st purchased with your KTTW cards and other cards you may have.

CleveRocks
06-06-2008, 05:36 PM
If you lose your KTTW key with tickes on them would the tickest be replaced with the key?Yes.
What are the advantages to having your tickets on your key?
Carrying one card instead of two.

CleveRocks
06-06-2008, 05:38 PM
When you check in you can give a credit/debit card for the CM to swipe and then will be able to charge to your room.
You can also use cash, travelers checks, or Disney Dollars. No plastic required.