PDA

View Full Version : Unused section of POP

Disneyfan1977
06-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Hello
I was just reading the board about a kids only resort and I saw a few people mention the unused unfinished portion of POP called the Legendary Years.

I was unaware there was a section finished/not used. Is this an eyesore to the rest of the resort....now I am slightly worried.:confused:

FINFAN
06-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Not sure that it's an "eyesore" but we were there for 3 nights 2 years ago...didn't even notice it. Our room faced the Bowling Pin pool tho...if you face the lake you may notice it more. We walked the property checking things out and while I remember all the fun stuff, I do not even remember noticing the buildings. More recen visitors may be of more help tho....I certainly wouldn't let it ruin your planning / trip...maybe just call and ask to not have a lake view...but you can see fireworks from parts ofthe 50's 60's lake views, upper floors...and many say that it is much quiter vs the pool rooms.

PrincessKsMom
06-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Hello
I was just reading the board about a kids only resort

Kids only resort? How would that even be possible? Can you direct me to the link? :confused3

BamaFan121s
06-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Well, it's definately an eyesore, but I don't think it will affect your Pop stay. It's mainly only visible if you say facing the lake--it's on the other side. It's not as if the inescapable sight of it follows you around the resort.

figarofan
06-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Sorry...I can't figure how to get the picture for you guys.

Taja
06-06-2008, 03:26 PM
It's primarily noticeable when walking on the Hour Glass Lake side of the 50s buildings. The buildings have been painted to blend in with the vegetation a bit, so you aren't looking at bright colours or anything like that.

Essentially, it will bother you only as much as you allow it to bother you! :)

TerrytownGrl
06-06-2008, 03:34 PM
I found a short video on Youtube where someone had filmed the buildings close up. Reminds me of a ghost town...or what parts of the New Orleans area looked like after Katrina.

Neesy228
06-06-2008, 04:01 PM
It's gotten worse over the past couple of years, IMO, just because it's really looking like a ghost town. It didn't ruin my trip, but was more sad to look at than anything...I wish they would finish it or re-work it. Anything would be better than what has happened now. :confused3 You would think Disney - who prides itself on things that spark thoughts of a different world - wouldn't allow it to exist in it's current state.

kat3668
06-06-2008, 04:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSc1fG0ETeY

Traveliz
06-06-2008, 05:12 PM
It's primarily noticeable when walking on the Hour Glass Lake side of the 50s buildings. The buildings have been painted to blend in with the vegetation a bit, so you aren't looking at bright colours or anything like that.

Essentially, it will bother you only as much as you allow it to bother you! :)

I would say its a little worse than that - we had a room that opened up to that view and it was sort of bad that that was the first thing we saw everyday and the last thing every night.

Not very Disney at all. I was really surprised it was that visible.

Liz

Disneyfan1977
06-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Sometimes I don't get why disney lets things run down a bit. For instance, river country....now this part of POP. I won't let it ruin my stay (we are only there for one night than off to BCV) but I just wondered what was up with it.

River Country is so run down now. When I was there last year I was really sad when I saw the shape it was in. It was a favorite as a child. I have pictures of my grandmom sitting at an umbrelled table there just happy as can be and you can see it all in the background :(
I don't get why they let it sit there and let it rot like that....oh well

ntsammy5
06-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Here are pics

http://i29.tinypic.com/wl1zzn.jpg

baileybelle
06-07-2008, 08:31 PM
When we were there this past April 2008, we were on the bridge checking out the buildings of the Legendary Years. A couple of POP managers happened to be there and asked us if we had any questions.

They told us that within the next 2-3 years, the Legendary Years side was going to be finally finished and would be made into suites like ASM. The suites at ASM have become very popular and Disney has decided to create more of them they told us.

I hope it's true. It's so sad to see those buildings empty!

BigDaddy1
06-08-2008, 06:09 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x164/uofm989898/DSC00304.jpg

kaytieeldr
06-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I can't speak for River Country - but except for a little overgrown landscaping, Legendary Years is in fine condition. The wooden 'railings' were constructed temporarily, for the safety of construction workers on the upper levels.

Really, it's NOT run down - it's just not complete.

dyin`tago
06-08-2008, 08:53 PM
aiiieeeee!!! those pictures! I must tear my eyes out:rotfl2:

at least it`s a kids only resort so us adults won`t have to look at it:lmao:

*KeepMovingForward*
06-08-2008, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSc1fG0ETeY

Thanks for posting the link. That was pretty cool to see up close.

adell557
06-09-2008, 12:10 AM
I can't speak for River Country - but except for a little overgrown landscaping, Legendary Years is in fine condition. The wooden 'railings' were constructed temporarily, for the safety of construction workers on the upper levels.

Really, it's NOT run down - it's just not complete.

Really, they are just brown buildings, nothing special. I hope that they turn them into family suites like at ASMu when they do decide to finish them

HopperFan
06-09-2008, 08:48 AM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x164/uofm989898/DSC00304.jpg

This was my view the last three trips too, and it didn't bother me a all. This is the view which just looks like brown buildings, not the close up where you can tell the rails are wood etc. You can't even tell they really aren't done, except you never see people or lights. Yes I wish it were done (and suites would be nice) but does it bother me - no !

arielsleepingbeauty
06-09-2008, 09:04 AM
I have stayed in the 90's building twice. I have never noticed these buildings nor ever heard of buildings not being finished. So i guess if you don't want to see it stay in the 80's or 90's buildings.

goofy4tink
06-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Sure would be nice to have those buildings turned in family suites. I have to say that I was in 60's in Jan, bldg 4, top floor, facing over to Legendary years. It didn't bother me one bit. In fact, it was kind of nice. Very peaceful.