PDA

View Full Version : Yo, I Got Your Chit Chat Right Here

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Gatordad
06-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Being that our thread for white castles got locked up, I figured I'd start the nonsense thread. This way, we can chat about things that are "off-topic" while not hijacking another thread about bus loops, golf carts, trading posts etc........ Let's see if we can get this baby up to 5000 posts.

AuburnJen92
06-03-2008, 09:00 PM
I thought Roz only lets us have 3500ish:confused3

mrsgus06
06-03-2008, 09:00 PM
OK, 9 more days and I will be back at the fort for the summer!:banana: :banana:

900 loop requested because I was told the coast was clear!:thumbsup2

auntie
06-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Thank God...:worship:

I was worried...I figured there was some kind of Disboard hell that you go to if you post in a Chit/Chat thread that wasn't started by Pete!

I've already been to JFK airport today,:furious: and cursed more than I have in a year......if I were to post in the other thread..I'd be burning for sure!

loveDmouse
06-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Ok, waiting for December to get here so we can go to the Fort. :surfweb:

Gatordad
06-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Thank God...:worship:

I was worried...I figured there was some kind of Disboard hell that you go to if you post in a Chit/Chat thread that wasn't started by Pete!

I've already been to JFK airport today,:furious: and cursed more than I have in a year......if I were to post in the other thread..I'd be burning for sure!

having been to JFK, I can attest to cursing.

LONE-STAR
06-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey Mike (Lisa8200) I wondered if anyone knew that was Tom T Hall. :thumbsup2

AuburnJen92
06-03-2008, 09:06 PM

I thought I had the corner on cursing the week, shucks!

RvUsa
06-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Hi, I am new here, is this where I ask what loop will work for me, and how to rent a golf cart? Also, what time is check in, when does the movie start, what time is the first boat to the MK? Oh yeah, can I bring my own golf cart, and can I drive it to the MK, Epcot, etc? :lmao::lmao:

auntie
06-03-2008, 09:22 PM

Oh..yeah..this was a regular "Welcome to Freakin' (only not freakin') New York" kind of day.:headache: Expletives were flyin'. Unbeliveable..construction, and angry construction workers. Terminals were not where they were supposed to be because of the construction. New York salutes..all over the place.:furious: I'm goin' to hell, plain and simple because there were words comin' out of my mouth that I didn't even know that I knew..yep it's hell, and I'm a goin'. :rolleyes1 Oh yeah..best part was when the 16 year old tells dad..."hey dad, you should have heard ma today!" What a rat...the kid rats me out..his own MOTHER....the giver of LIFE.. :mad: Every one knows there is a code of silence..what you hear in the car .....STAYS in the car.:laughing:

Disney Campers
06-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi, I am new here,

:scared1:

RvUsa
06-03-2008, 09:24 PM
What ya hear in the car, stays in the car....:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

poohbearwithme
06-03-2008, 09:25 PM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q138/poohbearwithme/sign-generator.jpg

AuburnJen92
06-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Oh..yeah..this was a regular "Welcome to Freakin' (only not freakin') New York" kind of day.:headache: Expletives were flyin'. Unbeliveable..construction, and angry construction workers. Terminals were not where they were supposed to be because of the construction. New York salutes..all over the place.:furious: I'm goin' to hell, plain and simple because there were words comin' out of my mouth that I didn't even know that I knew..yep it's hell, and I'm a goin'. :rolleyes1 Oh yeah..best part was when the 16 year old tells dad..."hey dad, you should have heard ma today!" What a rat...the kid rats me out..his own MOTHER....the giver of LIFE.. :mad: Every one knows there is a code of silence..what you hear in the car .....STAYS in the car.:laughing:

:rotfl2: I used to to rat my father out like that also...:rotfl2:

AuburnJen92
06-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Scott,

I call foul, you opened up the chit chat thread and closed it....Stop messing with my feeble brain please!!!!!!:lmao:

Gatordad
06-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi, I am new here, is this where I ask what loop will work for me, and how to rent a golf cart? Also, what time is check in, when does the movie start, what time is the first boat to the MK? Oh yeah, can I bring my own golf cart, and can I drive it to the MK, Epcot, etc? :lmao::lmao:

not you too....

RvUsa
06-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Sorry, sometimes I just feel the need to spread my bad bad bad bad bad bad mood around.

auntie
06-03-2008, 09:30 PM
I thought I had the corner on cursing the week, shucks!

You know..you should wish upon those people at your school that they should be trapped in JFK for eternity having to keep going around and around...never able to find a way out:crazy2: ..which actually is a possibility. That would be a living hell they deserve for treating you the way they did.

AuburnJen92
06-03-2008, 09:31 PM
You know, that is a good idea...I should truck them all back to NY where they came from and let us crackers run the show again!

auntie
06-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Sorry, sometimes I just feel the need to spread my bad bad bad bad bad bad mood around.

You know John, I just have this feeling that you've been in a bad mood lately..don't know why. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

RvUsa
06-03-2008, 09:39 PM
I wish I knew why too... I have been homicidal lately. My poor wife and kid are just staying away from me! I have been on edge, grumpy, mean, no patience, ill tempered and down right hard to live with, If I was them, I would have left me long ago. :mad:

poohbearwithme
06-03-2008, 09:41 PM
when does the movie start

You forgot something...How do you know if you want to go to a movie if you don't know which one will be playing in 6 months? :rotfl:

clkelley
06-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Did everyone know:

Useless fact: The worlds largest number with a name is a Googolplexian

Courtesy of Uselessfact.com

AuburnJen92
06-03-2008, 09:42 PM
You forgot something...How do you know if you want to go to a movie if you don't know which one will be playing in 6 months? :rotfl:

ESP

des1954
06-03-2008, 09:45 PM
You know, that is a good idea...I should truck them all back to NY where they came from and let us crackers run the show again!

I HOPE you mean NYC!!! I'm from Western NY State, and I don't want to be shipped back there or to NYC!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_44.gif (http://*******************************************ZSzeb00 1_ZSYYYYYYOCUS)

NYC is not a part of NY State to the rest of us New Yorker's. It's this territory that sucks the life out of the rest of the state!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_60.gif (http://*******************************************ZSzeb00 1_ZSYYYYYYOCUS)

auntie
06-03-2008, 09:46 PM
I wish I knew why too... I have been homicidal lately. My poor wife and kid are just staying away from me! I have been on edge, grumpy, mean, no patience, ill tempered and down right hard to live with, If I was them, I would have left me long ago. :mad:

I'm sorry to hear that.....wish there was something I could say to help you out.:hug: ...I know:idea: ..I've got a 16 year old that I'd like to beat the tar out of...(dirty rat kid!)..he's 6'3" now..and I've got to stand on a chair to slap him in the face..you're a pretty tall guy..I'll let you have at him. Go ahead..he deserves it!:laughing:

poohbearwithme
06-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Another Useless Fact:

The Walt Disney character Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy.

AuburnJen92
06-03-2008, 09:48 PM
I HOPE you mean NYC!!! I'm from Western NY State, and I don't want to be shipped back there or to NYC!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_44.gif (http://*******************************************ZSzeb00 1_ZSYYYYYYOCUS)

NYC is not a part of NY State to the rest of us New Yorker's. It's this territory that sucks the life out of the rest of the state!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_60.gif (http://*******************************************ZSzeb00 1_ZSYYYYYYOCUS)

of course i did, the rest of new york doesn't count in that pile...

auntie
06-03-2008, 09:53 PM

Tell me about it:rolleyes1 ....Preachin' to the choir here, Deb...It's sucking the life out of us..and we live on Long Island....which is becoming more like NYC everday. We've got to move.:furious: First..we've got to win Lotto! :thumbsup2

LONE-STAR
06-03-2008, 09:53 PM
I wish I knew why too... I have been homicidal lately. :mad:

You are suffering from A.D.T.B (After Disney Trip Blues) There is no cure but there is a short term fix W.D.W. But this only helps leading up to and during the usage of W.D.W. Once you have used up your W.D.W you will go into withdraws and then be back to A.D.T.B. I wish I could cure you but then you would not be here on the Dis. So here is to happy days :banana: :yay: :banana:

RvUsa
06-03-2008, 09:58 PM
I wish it was Adtb I think it is more of IASOFSP and no I am not going to tell you what that means, I don't want to get kicked off. It is none of you guys, it is just in general....

As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for you guys, I really would be homicidal, I swear. It is just a really bad combo of frustration, pain, remorse, annoyance, guilt, fear and loathing. LOL

Thanks guys. Sometimes a girl just needs to vent. ;)

AuburnJen92
06-03-2008, 10:00 PM
AMEN SISTER GIRL!:lmao:

LONE-STAR
06-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Wish you where feeling better man. There is always the Happy Gilmore way. Find your happy place.:thumbsup2

RvUsa
06-03-2008, 10:04 PM
This is my happy place! Thanks guys.

LONE-STAR
06-03-2008, 10:05 PM
John what does your TT weigh.

Gatordad
06-03-2008, 10:15 PM
TO ALL

http://www.acmewebpages.com/graphics/giveup_tn.gif

What's this lying around stuff?

Nothing's over until we decide it is!

Was it over when the Germans
bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hell, no!
And it ain't over now.

'Cause when the going gets tough...

the tough get going! Who's with me?

Let's go! Come on!

What the flop happened
to the Disboards l used to know?

Where's the spirit?

Where's the guts?

This could be the greatest board
of our lives...

but you're gonna let it be the worst.

"We're afraid to go with you, Gatordad.
We might get in trouble."

(Shouting) Just kiss my butt from now on.

RvUsa
06-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Loaded, around 12k I think.... LOL

LONE-STAR
06-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Loaded, around 12k I think.... LOL

Thats the same as our new one. I have only pulled about 6 miles and my ford just acted like it did not want to shift into high gear and do more then 60 mph with the weight behind it. How did your 6.0 do

kc5grw
06-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Danngit Gatordad, now I want to pop the DVD of that movie in and watch it, but I gotta go to bed.

RvUsa
06-03-2008, 10:26 PM
We are going camping this weekend, I am going to get falling down drunk, sit by a fire alongside of a nice babbling brook, and come back with an all new attitude. At least until someone does something stupid and ruin it for me. Anyone know how long it takes to fly to India? :furious:

RvUsa
06-03-2008, 10:29 PM
You know, I don't think I had the 6.0 with this one. I did pull the coachman with the 6.0, but it was chipped etc. and it would smoke the tires if I pulled out too hard. :thumbsup2

The TT weighs 8500 dry, so I figure with all of our crap, it has to be around 12k loaded.

The 6.4 pulls fine, just loves pulling into fuel stations more. On a side note, I think the dpf is getting plugged, it is doing its burn about 3 times a week now. I HATE THAT DAMNED TRUCK!

LONE-STAR
06-03-2008, 10:36 PM
You know, I don't think I had the 6.0 with this one. I did pull the coachman with the 6.0, but it was chipped etc. and it would smoke the tires if I pulled out too hard. :thumbsup2

The TT weighs 8500 dry, so I figure with all of our crap, it has to be around 12k loaded.

The 6.4 pulls fine, just loves pulling into fuel stations more. On a side note, I think the dpf is getting plugged, it is doing its burn about 3 times a week now. I HATE THAT DAMNED TRUCK!

Ours weighs 7900 dry 11900 loaded. My motor is stock The ford dealership told me if I liked my motor in one piece leave it stock. But I might buy a programer. Or a dodge. We might go camping this weekend so that will be the real test for it.

RvUsa
06-03-2008, 10:41 PM
I think programmers are fine, just don't go nuts, and put it on crush and expect everything to be fine.

The guy I buy my performance stuff from, has an 06, and he has done a bunch of stuff to it, like programmer, h2o meth, intake, nitrous, exhaust etc, and it is S C A R E Y fast! It will smoke all 4 tires in 4wd, and boosts to about 40 lbs.

He hasn't broke too many parts lol.

I think the 3 things to do are cold air kit, exhaust, and small programmer.

I wish I could do it to this one, but most of this stuff is not available... or is huge money. And mine is a lease so not worth doing alot to it.

LONE-STAR
06-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Edge is coming out with a fuel economy box you plug in under the hood that will also give a extra 35 hp for the 6.0. I used to run a superchip programer on tow mode in my 7.3 which was only an extra 65 hp but that was all I needed.

PolynesianPixie
06-03-2008, 10:50 PM
John....breathe deep and feel the love! Man...you gotta chill! Peace!

Oh, and according to one of my dearest friends who is from India...it is about a full days travel to get there.

PolynesianPixie
06-03-2008, 11:21 PM
In the dungeon of the castle lives a very realistic......

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/polynesianPixie/europe031.jpg

A couple refelcting the "Americana"

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/polynesianPixie/europe007.jpg

Rivers of the far west?????:lmao:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/polynesianPixie/europe047.jpg

Deb.....in the other thread you asked about what you said.....after my trip I am much less confident in my French speaking (silly Americian!)....but I think you said that my pictures were large and you were happy that I had a moment (trip experience). You said that you loved me at the grand gathering and you hoped I loved all of you too (I do ;) ) Like I said....I am much less confident. I am far from fluent, but thought I could hold my own in everyday experiences. Most of the time I would enter an establishment, begin a conversation and then come to a point where I would either say Je ne sais pas or just look dumbfounded. The person I was speaking to would smile and laugh and carry on in English. I was put in my place. Madame McElveen would be so ashamed.

des1954
06-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Ami-

iGoogle Translator is a very impressive tool!!! I don't speak a word of French (except to ask "where is the bathroom", days of the week, and months in the year).

The Pastor I work for tried to "stump the secretary" by asking me to translate some english into greek for a Bible study he was leading for other Pastor's in the area. iGoogle Translator to the rescue!!

Now, he thinks I'm the second person in history that can walk on water!! :rotfl2:

He's a computer illiterate kinda guy, and to this day has no idea how I did it!! Not to mention that the other area Pastors want to know how he ended up with a secretary that could actually get Greek letters typed into a document!! Some secrets will go to the grave with me!!;)

des1954
06-04-2008, 06:20 AM
Has anyone else noticed that BDR is now only posting one picture per day on the "Picture of the Day" thread?? Day one after his return... BAM... like 15 pictures!! Since day two after his return... only one a day!! What a tease!!:rotfl:

heatair
06-04-2008, 06:50 AM
What happened?

Someone started the new thread and I posted to it twice. After the second one, it was closed.

What be up with that? I don't think I posted anything bad....

J

clkelley
06-04-2008, 07:04 AM
No problems. There are two possibilities. You posted to the old thread which reached it's capacity of 3500 posts, OR you posted to the temporary thread which was shut down after Gatordad started this one.

All is Good!!!

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Has anyone else noticed that BDR is now only posting one picture per day on the "Picture of the Day" thread?? Day one after his return... BAM... like 15 pictures!! Since day two after his return... only one a day!! What a tease!!:rotfl:

Im running out of good ones!!!!

heatair
06-04-2008, 07:15 AM
No problems. There are two possibilities. You posted to the old thread which reached it's capacity of 3500 posts, OR you posted to the temporary thread which was shut down after Gatordad started this one.

All is Good!!!

That's it. I must have posted to the temporary thread.

Oh well, I was # 2 there.

J

clkelley
06-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Im running out of good ones!!!!

So will there be a full trip report coming?? Would love to hear more about how the family liked the tent camping and how was Universal/IOA??

djblu883
06-04-2008, 07:30 AM
In the dungeon of the castle lives a very realistic......

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/polynesianPixie/europe031.jpg

A couple refelcting the "Americana"

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/polynesianPixie/europe007.jpg

Rivers of the far west?????:lmao:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/polynesianPixie/europe047.jpg

Deb.....in the other thread you asked about what you said.....after my trip I am much less confident in my French speaking (silly Americian!)....but I think you said that my pictures were large and you were happy that I had a moment (trip experience). You said that you loved me at the grand gathering and you hoped I loved all of you too (I do ;) ) Like I said....I am much less confident. I am far from fluent, but thought I could hold my own in everyday experiences. Most of the time I would enter an establishment, begin a conversation and then come to a point where I would either say Je ne sais pas or just look dumbfounded. The person I was speaking to would smile and laugh and carry on in English. I was put in my place. Madame McElveen would be so ashamed.

Two years ago while at the first annual NFFC Convention at WDW to celebrate WDW's "birthdate" I met several Disney great including the lady who was the DLP dragon sculptor, the animator for Ariel and of course Tinkerbell (Margaret Kerry) if you ever want to do something different while on a trip to the world I'd highly suggest this event!!! It's held by NFFC (National Fantasty
Fan Club) They host many "celebrities" each year who speak and you also have dinner so you can converse with them for a bit. Also held is a sales event for collectors or wannabes like me lol! Backstage tours this year!!!!

JCJRSmith
06-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Keep your fingers crossed: Yesterday I got a call from Unisys recruiter and now I have a phone interview scheduled for this afternoon. If that goes well they will schedule a face-to-face. :thumbsup2

JCJRSmith
06-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Ami,

Those pictures are wonderful. Sounds like you had a great trip. One day I have to take SWMBO to Europe...

JCJRSmith
06-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Any new news from Jim and Nicole?

djblu883
06-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Keep your fingers crossed: Yesterday I got a call from Unisys recruiter and now I have a phone interview scheduled for this afternoon. If that goes well they will schedule a face-to-face. :thumbsup2

I've had 2 different friends who worked for Unisys They pay well...one had to travel all over the world the other worked nights in one location on an airforce base like a local contractor...benefits are good...but they don't want you to take the days off you earn (FYI)

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 08:20 AM
You go Jerry, good luck!

auntie
06-04-2008, 08:21 AM

Fingers crossed...hope everything goes well!:thumbsup2

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 08:38 AM
So will there be a full trip report coming?? Would love to hear more about how the family liked the tent camping and how was Universal/IOA??

No full trip report...Im not much of a writer. But Im happy to report that the family enjoyed the "first tenting experience" much MUCH more than I could have hoped for. Only a single complaint from the DW, and that was that she wasnt crazy about having to cart to the comfort station in the middle of the night....and yes, mother nature calls her EVERY night at right around 3:30. But shes a trooper and it wasnt a big issue, she DID say it would be alot easier if we had a camper with a flusher, which I subtly lead her into saying she wanted to get a camper of our own!!!! I thought thatnwas a great idea that she came up with all by herself (after about 8 months of me laying down little hints, like"Why wont you let me buy a freakin camper????"). So, yes...the family had a GREAT time and enjoyed every moment.

UO and IA were ok...we only went twice(out of the 7 we were allowed to go) but no one would go on any of the good rides with me, so 2 days was really more than enough to do everything THEY were willing to do. It had been about 12 years since we had been....I think thats just about enough time in between visits....its sure no DisneyWorld! It really lacks atmosphere, IMHO.

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Jerry...I have a feeling great things are in your future.

Nicole...Im just catching up on things....I hate that this has happened to your DH.....he seems like such a nice dude from what you write that he yells out from behind you while youre online. I hope things turn out ok.

clkelley
06-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Only a single complaint from the DW, and that was that she wasnt crazy about having to cart to the comfort station in the middle of the night....and yes, mother nature calls her EVERY night at right around 3:30. But shes a trooper and it wasnt a big issue, she DID say it would be alot easier if we had a camper with a flusher, which I subtly lead her into saying she wanted to get a camper of our own!!!! I thought thatnwas a great idea that she came up with all by herself (after about 8 months of me laying down little hints, like"Why wont you let me buy a freakin camper????"). So, yes...the family had a GREAT time and enjoyed every moment.

I know exactly how she feels!! I know you want a camper, but a portable toilet in a toilet tent set up at the site solves that problem.

Colson39
06-04-2008, 09:06 AM
And so we begin again........ :)

des1954
06-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Rog... back in the "Barbaric Dark Ages" of my growing up years.... we had a diaper pail in the tent for those "midnight urges". They didn't make portable toilets back then, so you had to "improvise"!!!
Rules of the pail....#1, only.... #2 - get up & go to the public restroom!!!

Me, being the youngest, had the job of dumping and cleaning this bucket daily. Yuck --- I was mentally scarred for life!!!

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Rog... back in the "Barbaric Dark Ages" of my growing up years.... we had a diaper pail in the tent for those "midnight urges". They didn't make portable toilets back then, so you had to "improvise"!!!
Rules of the pail....#1, only.... #2 - get up & go to the public restroom!!!

Me, being the youngest, had the job of dumping and cleaning this bucket daily. Yuck --- I was mentally scarred for life!!!

I actually made a 5gal bucket with a seat type top, but forgot it on the way out!!!! It may have been a psycological strategy, knowing I would have to be the one doing the dumping every morning!!!

des1954
06-04-2008, 09:19 AM
I actually made a 5gal bucket with a seat type top, but forgot it on the way out!!!! It may have been a psycological strategy, knowing I would have to be the one doing the dumping every morning!!!

Yet another reason to shop at THD. A portable toilet made from a "Homer Bucket", cheap toilet seat, and some gorilla glue!! Way to go, Rog!! You need to send that idea to Camping Life!!!

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I made a poo bucket like that a long time ago when we used to tent. We used to line the bucket with wal mart bags (perfect use for them in MHO) and then just wrap it up and toss it in an appropriate place, (like back at wal mart) LOL

PolynesianPixie
06-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Ami-
The Pastor I work for tried to "stump the secretary" by asking me to translate some english into greek for a Bible study he was leading for other Pastor's in the area. iGoogle Translator to the rescue!!

Now, he thinks I'm the second person in history that can walk on water!! :rotfl2:
Some secrets will go to the grave with me!!;)

:rotfl: I took a few semesters of Hellinistic Greek in College when I felt the need for a break from French. After that....I happily went back to Parle Vous Francais!!! That translator sounds cool! I need to try it in Arabic....that language is so beautiful!

Two years ago while at the first annual NFFC Convention at WDW to celebrate WDW's "birthdate" I met several Disney great including the lady who was the DLP dragon sculptor, the animator for Ariel and of course Tinkerbell (Margaret Kerry) if you ever want to do something different while on a trip to the world I'd highly suggest this event!!! It's held by NFFC (National Fantasty
Fan Club) They host many "celebrities" each year who speak and you also have dinner so you can converse with them for a bit. Also held is a sales event for collectors or wannabes like me lol! Backstage tours this year!!!!

That sounds wonderful!!!!!!

:woohoo: Good luck!!!!!!!

Any new news from Jim and Nicole?

She said she would get on last night. I hope everything is ok!!!

No full trip report...Im not much of a writer. But Im happy to report that the family enjoyed the "first tenting experience" much MUCH more than I could have hoped for. Only a single complaint from the DW, and that was that she wasnt crazy about having to cart to the comfort station in the middle of the night....and yes, mother nature calls her EVERY night at right around 3:30. But shes a trooper and it wasnt a big issue, she DID say it would be alot easier if we had a camper with a flusher, which I subtly lead her into saying she wanted to get a camper of our own!!!! I thought thatnwas a great idea that she came up with all by herself (after about 8 months of me laying down little hints, like"Why wont you let me buy a freakin camper????"). So, yes...the family had a GREAT time and enjoyed every moment.

Yey! Gina's been bitten by the bug!

ntsammy5
06-04-2008, 10:44 AM
I witnessed the demise of the old thread last night, gt here this morning and the new one is already going strong! :rotfl:

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 11:08 AM
...just wrap it up and toss it in an appropriate place, (like back at wal mart) LOL
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

JCJRSmith
06-04-2008, 11:22 AM
then just wrap it up and toss it in an appropriate place, (like back at wal mart) LOL

OMG I nearly hurt myself laughing at that one. :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 11:24 AM
In case everyone hasn't noticed I don't like wal mart.:lmao:

JCJRSmith
06-04-2008, 11:32 AM
If you want to see something REALLY scary -go to WalMart at 3 a.m. (always used to happen when the kids were babies because we had used the last diaper or something). Whole families of really frightening people.

So glad they finally opened a Target here.

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Wal mart at 3 am, a public service announcement for chlorine in the gene pool!

JCJRSmith
06-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Wal mart at 3 am, a public service announcement for chlorine in the gene pool!

Honest to God, it is like something out of "Dawn of the Dead":scared1:

Disney Campers
06-04-2008, 12:10 PM
If you want to see something REALLY scary -go to WalMart at 3 a.m. (always used to happen when the kids were babies because we had used the last diaper or something). Whole families of really frightening people.

So glad they finally opened a Target here.

the type of family who has one set of false teeth for the whole family?..... No lie I worked with a guy who had an identical brother and they shared a set of false teeth

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 12:15 PM
:scared1::sick:

des1954
06-04-2008, 12:29 PM
One day while eating lunch at McDonald's, I noticed an elderly couple sitting in the booth next to me. On the table was one hamburger, one small french fry, and one small soft drink.

The elderly gentleman unwrapped the burger, took a plastic knife and cut it in half; and carefully divided the fries into two piles, and started eating half of the meal while his wife patiently watched and waited. As I was watching this scenario I thought, "This poor couple. They can only afford one meager meal to split between the two of them." But I also wondered why the elderly lady was just sitting and watching. Finally, I could stand it no more. I stood up and approached the couple and asked if they would like some money to purchase a second meal. The gentleman looked up at me with eyes dulled by age, thanked me, said they were fine, and went back to eating. I sat down, saddened that their pride would not allow me to perform this simple act of kindness.

A few minutes passed as I watched the old man enjoy his meal while the wife looked on. Again, remorse grabbed me by my heartstrings and I approached them and asked if they would like another hamburger.

"Sonny," replied the old man, "this is quite enough for the two of us; but I thank you for your kindness."

I thought to myself, okay, maybe they're not big eaters... but it was bugging me why the old lady just sat there watching her husband eat while her half was getting cold. So, without the ability to stop myself I asked the lady, "Why aren't you eating your half?" She promptly replied, "I'm waiting for Herb to finish so he can give me the teeth."

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

ntsammy5
06-04-2008, 12:39 PM
No lie I worked with a guy who had an identical brother and they shared a set of false teeth

That's priceless! In Florida?

des1954
06-04-2008, 12:48 PM

That's priceless! In Florida?

Where else? Just ask your DBIL about the "tooth-less" family who wanted to buy a Mo-Bile home for 6 adults and 8 kids. The entire family of 14 combined did not have a mouf-ful of teef!! :eek:

PolynesianPixie
06-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I thought to myself, okay, maybe they're not big eaters... but it was bugging me why the old lady just sat there watching her husband eat while her half was getting cold. So, without the ability to stop myself I asked the lady, "Why aren't you eating your half?" She promptly replied, "I'm waiting for Herb to finish so he can give me the teeth."

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

:rotfl: He could have been a gentleman and let her eat first! Sheesh!

Gatordad
06-04-2008, 12:51 PM
this made me laugh

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250252995298&ru=http://search.ebay.com:80/250252995298_W0QQadgroup_idZ301105341QQboardZgener alQQcreative_idZ1377467931QQfclZ4QQfnuZ1QQfsopZ1QQ keywordZwifeQQoriginZhttpQ3aQ2fQ2fsherifftomQ2epro boards86Q2ecomQ2findexQ2ecgiQ3factionQ3ddisplayQQp ageZ121QQtestZGadgetQ5fKWQQthreadZ1QQtypeZQ7bifsea rchQ3asearchQ7dQ7bifcontentQ3acontentQ7dQQfviZ1

ntsammy5
06-04-2008, 12:51 PM
:rotfl: He could have been a gentleman and let her eat first! Sheesh!

Yo, Ami. Do you have a trip report somewhere about your trip to Europe? I already saw the pictures. Neat. Did you get any of the Queen?

terri01p
06-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Deb you managed to gross even me out. :eek:

ntsammy5
06-04-2008, 12:53 PM
this made me laugh

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250252995298&ru=http://search.ebay.com:80/250252995298_W0QQadgroup_idZ301105341QQboardZgener alQQcreative_idZ1377467931QQfclZ4QQfnuZ1QQfsopZ1QQ keywordZwifeQQoriginZhttpQ3aQ2fQ2fsherifftomQ2epro boards86Q2ecomQ2findexQ2ecgiQ3factionQ3ddisplayQQp ageZ121QQtestZGadgetQ5fKWQQthreadZ1QQtypeZQ7bifsea rchQ3asearchQ7dQ7bifcontentQ3acontentQ7dQQfviZ1

At least he may end up making some money! :lmao:

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 12:54 PM
this made me laugh

Poor dude...women can be torture!!!

PolynesianPixie
06-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Yo, Ami. Do you have a trip report somewhere about your trip to Europe? I already saw the pictures. Neat. Did you get any of the Queen?

I never did a trip report. I felt kind of funny doing one on the camping at Disney World Forum. I could do one on DLP over on that forum and post the link. Or I guess I could take up a lot of space on the chit chat thread, but Gatordad might get ticked.

Oh and no....the Queen was "in" but alas I never saw her. I did buy a plate from her wedding china collection, though.

PolynesianPixie
06-04-2008, 12:56 PM
this made me laugh

Thats funny! The outfit is cute, too. I love Ann Taylor....too bad I can't wear a 2. :eek:

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Where else? Just ask your DBIL about the "tooth-less" family who wanted to buy a Mo-Bile home for 6 adults and 8 kids. The entire family of 14 combined did not have a mouf-ful of teef!! :eek:

Reminds me of a joke, What has 3 teeth and 6 arms? The night shift at the waffle house.

I never did a trip report. I felt kind of funny doing one on the camping at Disney World Forum. I could do one on DLP over on that forum and post the link. Or I guess I could take up a lot of space on the chit chat thread, but Gatordad might get ticked.

Post it at my place, and put the link here, I got terabytes of server space to kill. LOL

des1954
06-04-2008, 01:16 PM
I got terabytes

Is there a vaccine for this??? :lmao:

des1954
06-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Deb you managed to gross even me out. :eek:

Now THAT'S funny - - - and I don't care who you are!!

http://www.larrythecableguy.com/images/larryface1.jpg

PolynesianPixie
06-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Reminds me of a joke, What has 3 teeth and 6 arms? The night shift at the waffle house.

Post it at my place, and put the link here, I got terabytes of server space to kill. LOL

Cool! I'll do that! Thanks! :goodvibes

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Is there a vaccine for this??? :lmao:

No, but there is an ointment.

ntsammy5
06-04-2008, 01:22 PM
No, but there is an ointment.

Are you up and running now? Your friend get everything fixed

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 01:23 PM
It's not fixed, it is up tho. Our 2 week project is now going on 4 months. :furious:

JCJRSmith
06-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Okay - half an hour til the phone interview. So why am I so nervous? :hyper: :scared1:

JCJRSmith
06-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Guess I picked a bad week to give up amphetamines!!! :)

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 01:35 PM
I posted a Fort fishing report on RvUsa.org.... Frank's A Fort Fishing Fiend (http://www.rvusa.org/dev/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=387)

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Relax, take a deep breath, chug a couple of six packs, it will be fine!!!

Seriously, GOOD LUCK, you will be fine.

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 01:38 PM
I posted a Fort fishing report on RvUsa.org.... Frank's A Fort Fishing Fiend (http://www.rvusa.org/dev/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=387)

And it is a really Great report. Full of lots of pictures, a fishing lies,,,, er I mean stories. LOL

It really is a great report.:lmao:

PolynesianPixie
06-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Okay - half an hour til the phone interview. So why am I so nervous? :hyper: :scared1:

breath in....breathe out......

you can do this!!!!!! Sending good vibes your way! :goodvibes

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 01:59 PM
LOL...thanks John...I wish some of it WERENT true!!!!

Gatordad
06-04-2008, 02:09 PM

I hereby order them to hire you.

THere, it's done.

Colson39
06-04-2008, 02:38 PM
breath in....breathe out......

you can do this!!!!!! Sending good vibes your way! :goodvibes

Funniest thing about Beth's delivery was when the nurse told us "It's not like in the movies, don't sit there breathing in and out". And here I always thought it was like in the movies...lol

ntsammy5
06-04-2008, 02:51 PM
the nurse told us "It's not like in the movies, don't sit there breathing in and out". And here I always thought it was like in the movies...lol

Getting shot isn't like it is in the movies either. It's a lot messier and much more painful!

JCJRSmith
Phone interview went great. Turns out the gentleman with whom I was talking knows a lot of the same people I know - the IT industry in Harrisburg is a small world, after all. And now that song is stuck in your head, idinit? :rotfl2:

Anyway, I was told that I should be hearing from their recruiter by the end of the week so they can set up a face to face interview. :thumbsup2

des1954
Great fishing report, Rog!! I never guessed you to be the outdoor-sy type. You are so enigmatic!!

The canal behind the group camp area is where I want to spend eternity (if you know what I mean ;) ). I love to go there early in the morning with a cuppa joe & just sit and contemplate. I liked it a whole lot better before they cleared it out, however.

To address the # of gators at FtW, there probably aren't more than normal... it's just towards the end of mating season & they are more active & mobile than usual.

I guess should start my own thread "Wildlife Adventures with the Otter Spotter"!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_5_22.gif (http://*******************************************ZSzeb00 1_ZN)

des1954
06-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Phone interview went great. Turns out the gentleman with whom I was talking knows a lot of the same people I know - the IT industry in Harrisburg is a small world, after all. And now that song is stuck in your head, idinit? :rotfl2:

Anyway, I was told that I should be hearing from their recruiter by the end of the week so they can set up a face to face interview. :thumbsup2

Hurray for YOU!!! We knew you could baffle 'em with bu..., never mind!:bitelip:

Small world... my version....

"It's that song in your head; makes you wish you were dead! It's a small world after all!!"

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/mk/sworld6.jpg

JCJRSmith
06-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Personally, I believe one of the cruelest things you can do to someone is sneak up behind them, hum a few bars of "Small World" and walk out. :thumbsup2

des1954
06-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Sometime my DBro, NTSammy5, MUST tell you about his experience in the Men's Room at Orlando Airport. (if he doesn't, I will)
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ntsammy5
06-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Personally, I believe one of the cruelest things you can do to someone is sneak up behind them, hum a few bars of "Small World" and walk out. :thumbsup2

OK. My sister's ringer on my phone is Small World. A few years ago after my flight got in I was standing in the men's room at MCO -- at the urinal -- when she called me. I got some strange looks from people.

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 03:25 PM
LOLOL...the messages that could easily be read into hearing that tune at the urinals!!! "Is he trying to insult me?" "His has THEME MUSIC????" "Its not small....I WAS SWIMMING!!!!!"

mrsgus06
06-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Sometime my DBro, NTSammy5, MUST tell you about his experience in the Men's Room at Orlando Airport. (if he doesn't, I will)
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I thought he was going to tell us some politician was trying to hit on him!:rotfl2: :lmao:

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 03:40 PM
I just wanted to brag a little. Today was Matt's last day of kindergarten, and he got his report card. He is reading at an "emergent 2nd grade" level. He is so smart, it must come from me, not his mom. :lmao:

loriandmatt
06-04-2008, 03:42 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: one of, if not THE funniest thing i have ever read on this board....(ok, it was not as funny as the thread about the lady using her hand as a bathroom in epcot - that one was gross and funny. a two-fer!)

2goofycampers
06-04-2008, 04:04 PM
I just wanted to brag a little. Today was Matt's last day of kindergarten, and he got his report card. He is reading at an "emergent 2nd grade" level. He is so smart, it must come from me, not his mom. :lmao:

way to go Matt. good gene pool.

1goofy1
06-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Okay I have a song today.

Song and/or artist

I was working part time in a five-and-dime
My boss was Mr. McGee
He told me several times that he didn't like my kind
'Cause I was a bit 2 leisurely

Seems that I was busy doing something close 2 nothing
But different than the day before
That's when I saw her, Ooh, I saw her
She walked in through the out door, out door

mrsgus06
06-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Raspberry beret, prince

1goofy1
06-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Raspberry beret, prince

Wow that was fast. Correct :thumbsup2

1goofy1
06-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Here is another one

Song and/or artist

Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It will help you some sunny day.
Take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you'll find love,
And don't forget son,
There is someone up above.

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Simple Man...Skynyrd

1goofy1
06-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Correct Rog :thumbsup2

Another one - easy

Friday night and I need a fight
My motorcycle and a switchblade knife
Handful of grease in my hair feels right
But what I need to make me tight are

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Saturday nights alright by Elton John....recently redone by nickelback

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 05:36 PM
hmmmmm......I may be wrong about that one......

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Hey Rog, your tickers is cut off again, I need to see that thing for inspiration. :thumbsup2

1goofy1
06-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Saturday nights alright by Elton John....recently redone by nickelback

:eek: No...sorry

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Is it really??? Can you see my "She's a BIG girl, ya know" quote??

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 05:40 PM
:eek: No...sorry

GirlsX3..crue

1goofy1
06-04-2008, 05:41 PM
GirlsX3..crue

Correct :thumbsup2 :yay:

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Is it really??? Can you see my "She's a BIG girl, ya know" quote??

Nope, don't see that either, I am on my laptop. So sometimes it smashes stuff together.

1goofy1
06-04-2008, 05:42 PM
I'll post another one tomorrow. See you guys.

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 07:27 PM
They're making Disney Cakes on the Food Network tonight @ 9pm Eastern. $10k for best cake

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 07:35 PM
And you know this how rog?:rolleyes1

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Upcoming Disney Shows (http://www.bartlett-sloan.net/tv/agenda.php3?modeagenda=soon)

Someone posted this link a couple of weeks ago....I bookmarked it and check it every couple of days......and since i cant each much cake anymore, at least i can watch TV about it!!!

JCJRSmith
06-04-2008, 08:31 PM
I watched that one the other day. The cakes are really amazing.

LONE-STAR
06-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Just looked at the cakes. Now I want cake and I want to go to Disney. Wait I want cake in Disney.

2goofycampers
06-04-2008, 09:28 PM
that's where everybody's at.

BigDaddyRog
06-04-2008, 09:31 PM
I definately thought the bugs life cake would win!!

LONE-STAR
06-04-2008, 09:32 PM
I definately though the bugs life cake would win!!

So did I

RvUsa
06-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Congratulations to the Detroit Redwings! That was a great series! Shannone I took you off iggy, you can come back now.

There is 10 minutes left in the game, but the writing is on the walls. The pens had an amazing season, it was a real pleasure watching them this year, I am already looking forward to next season! :cool1:

des1954
06-05-2008, 06:18 AM
John Tortarella was fired by the Tampa Bay Lighting Tuesday - and he took them to on to win the Stanley Cup in 2004. He also had one year remaining on his contract.

Now "Tort" is looking for a head coaching job with Toronto & the Lighting is in the final negotiations for their new owner, Oren Koules. Koules' original financial backer was involved with a $7B scandal IIRC in February and he's now working out a deal with the current TBL owners for finacing until he can find a permanent lender.

Who says there can't be hockey excitement in Florida???

stacktester
06-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Has anybody seen RV Crazy on the travel channel. I was watching it last night, or shall I say early today as it comes on at 12:30 a.m. They had a segment on Tabs that I'm sure Carol would enjoy. One thing I hate about RV shows is they always put them on at the funkiest times. I don't have Tivo so I rarely get to see them.

des1954
06-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Yeah... I saw that one too, Donnie. It's an older (late 2007 IIRC) broadcast, so I'm sure they used it as a filler for the early am time slot. It was rather cool to see all the neat Tabs, though. I like it when HGTV does the annual RV show! They really do a good job of hitting all RV's from little $$ to mega $$!!

I'm afraid I would feel just a teeny bit claustrophobic in a Tab. :scared:

clkelley
06-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Has anybody seen RV Crazy on the travel channel. I was watching it last night, or shall I say early today as it comes on at 12:30 a.m. They had a segment on Tabs that I'm sure Carol would enjoy. One thing I hate about RV shows is they always put them on at the funkiest times. I don't have Tivo so I rarely get to see them.

I've seen RV crazy many times. Actually, that little segment is on traditional teardrops which are MUCH smaller than my T@B.

des1954
06-05-2008, 08:09 AM
I've seen RV crazy many times. Actually, that little segment is on traditional teardrops which are MUCH smaller than my T@B.

I stand corrected, Carol!! It is the teardrops that would give me the shivers!! How could I ever group the Mickey-T@b into the same class as a teardrop. Please forgive my stupidity!!

PolynesianPixie
06-05-2008, 08:40 AM

:yay: Congrats!!!!!!

OK. My sister's ringer on my phone is Small World. A few years ago after my flight got in I was standing in the men's room at MCO -- at the urinal -- when she called me. I got some strange looks from people.

Brilliant like his daddy!

Just looked at the cakes. Now I want cake and I want to go to Disney. Wait I want cake in Disney.

Sounds like heaven to me!

clkelley
06-05-2008, 08:57 AM
I stand corrected, Carol!! It is the teardrops that would give me the shivers!! How could I ever group the Mickey-T@b into the same class as a teardrop. Please forgive my stupidity!!

Not really a big deal to me, but some of those classic teardrop owners do get bent out of shape when anything but a 4x8 or 5x10 teardrop with a kitchen in the back is called a teardrop.

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 08:58 AM
SCHOOL IS OUT FOR THE SUMMER! (Thank God.)

auntie
06-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Not here in NY...we're still going, and going, and going. :headache:
Needlesss to say, my son isn't happy. Lots of studying for end of year exams and NY state regents. He's got three this year.

clkelley
06-05-2008, 09:03 AM
SCHOOL IS OUT FOR THE SUMMER! (Thank God.)

WOOHOO!!!!!

ftwildernessguy
06-05-2008, 09:08 AM
ive been out of the loop - whatever happened to the guy who claimed he was jim hill? was he exposed as a fraud?

Colson39
06-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Yea, that RV Crazy show came out last year, it's a fun show, it was on earlier during the night as well last night (I saw that it was on around 7 or 8 too, at least on our lineup). I think I've seen it 3 times now, although I still like the annual RV show they do much better.

Congratulations to the Detroit Redwings! That was a great series! Shannone I took you off iggy, you can come back now.

There is 10 minutes left in the game, but the writing is on the walls. The pens had an amazing season, it was a real pleasure watching them this year, I am already looking forward to next season!

Well, Pittsburgh almost tied it up with a 1/2 a second left, that was similar to the Superbowl a few years ago, when Tennesee ALMOST made it to the TD but stopped just short. Last night, that puck went all the way across the line just inches from it but never went in, turned out to be a great last few minutes of the game.

auntie
06-05-2008, 09:11 AM
I was wondering the same thing?..:confused3 about "Jim Hill: ?

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 09:12 AM
This is why I coach:

Yesterday, when I got to school, there was an orchid in a pot (I am going to try my best not to kill it;) ) and a card on my desk in my office. It was from one of my softball players, who I was told couldn't keep her composure so she brought it while I was on morning duty...

The card reads: "It takes a special kind of person to care enough to take the time for others, to do whatever it takes to help somebody out. For everything you have done...for everything you have given...thank you very much."

What she wrote made me cry yesterday and still brings tears to my eyes as I type:

"Dear Coach Majors, You have done so much for me. I do not even know how to thank you. I thank you for always supporting me and for being a shoulder to cry on when I needed one most. You have taught me more than softball. You have taught me character and to always go for my dreams. Your determination and dedication to our team as allowed me to mature into a young woman. Thank you for everything that you have done. Love, Jordan."

This is why I coach...

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 09:16 AM
ive been out of the loop - whatever happened to the guy who claimed he was jim hill? was he exposed as a fraud?

no, he pretty much came and defended himself and left...i got a couple of other dis'ers that i know (who aren't campers) to come over and see if that sounded like him and they agreed it was him...someone tipped him off because they read some posts the wrong way and he came a runnin'

auntie
06-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Oh. Gosh..Jen, I'm teary eyed. :sad: For all your trouble, and the way they treated you..yet you touched and shaped that girls life in a way she will carry with her forever. :lovestruc Your going to be the person she talks about when she tells her kids about her school days. Sounds like she learned alot more than how to play ball from you. ::yes:: It's so sweet of her to let you know...it must mean alot. :hug:

ftwildernessguy
06-05-2008, 09:23 AM
no, he pretty much came and defended himself and left...i got a couple of other dis'ers that i know (who aren't campers) to come over and see if that sounded like him and they agreed it was him...someone tipped him off because they read some posts the wrong way and he came a runnin'

wimp

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 09:24 AM
wimp

:lmao:

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Oh. Gosh..Jen, I'm teary eyed. :sad: For all your trouble, and the way they treated you..yet you touched and shaped that girls life in a way she will carry with her forever. :lovestruc Your going to be the person she talks about when she tells her kids about her school days. Sounds like she learned alot more than how to play ball from you. ::yes:: It's so sweet of her to let you know...it must mean alot. :hug:

I really does. She is a super sweet girl, lots of talent and almost a 4.0 in school. Parents are great and she actually thanked me and my assistant after every practice and game.

PolynesianPixie
06-05-2008, 09:30 AM
This is why I coach:

Yesterday, when I got to school, there was an orchid in a pot (I am going to try my best not to kill it;) ) and a card on my desk in my office. It was from one of my softball players, who I was told couldn't keep her composure so she brought it while I was on morning duty...

The card reads: "It takes a special kind of person to care enough to take the time for others, to do whatever it takes to help somebody out. For everything you have done...for everything you have given...thank you very much."

What she wrote made me cry yesterday and still brings tears to my eyes as I type:

"Dear Coach Majors, You have done so much for me. I do not even know how to thank you. I thank you for always supporting me and for being a shoulder to cry on when I needed one most. You have taught me more than softball. You have taught me character and to always go for my dreams. Your determination and dedication to our team as allowed me to mature into a young woman. Thank you for everything that you have done. Love, Jordan."

This is why I coach...

You see....all those people who run the school are not nearly close enough to the situation to have any authority over the decisions they made about you. There is so much more to that job than explaining how a game is played. Its apparent that the principle made the dumbest choice possible and may have just lost a very good thing.

RvUsa
06-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Way to go Jen! The administration may have their heads up their you know whats, but it sounds like the kids knew how much you meant to them.

Enjoy your summer!

ntsammy5
06-05-2008, 09:31 AM
This is why I coach...

Awwwwwww.

I won';t even leave any snide remarks! :thumbsup2

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 09:33 AM

Well, that will be a first!:lmao:

ftwildernessguy
06-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Awwwwwww.

See, Al's not the cold hearted slob everyone thought he was.

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 09:41 AM

Nah, I don't think Al is cold hearted....

Does he lie in wait to get a one liner in, well of course, that is Al, we would expect nothing less!:lmao:

PolynesianPixie
06-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Jen....or should I say, Miss Popularity?? ;) You're inbox is full again :goodvibes

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 09:49 AM
crap, i really need to clean that inbox out...

Colson39
06-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Just so y'all know, the Disney 3D Park stuff is now running in Google Earth. Go here for more info....

disneyworld.com/3dparks

It's pretty amazing how you can see so much stuff in 3D, pretty cool!

clkelley
06-05-2008, 09:51 AM

I never did get an email back from him, (or it went in the bottomless spam file and I missed it).

clkelley
06-05-2008, 09:52 AM

How's the hand jim????

ntsammy5
06-05-2008, 09:52 AM

Not cold hearted, but I am a slob!

ntsammy5
06-05-2008, 09:54 AM
It's pretty amazing how you can see so much stuff in 3D, pretty cool!

Thanks. I want to look at that tonight!

auntie
06-05-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm not really sure what got his panties in bunch anyway. :confused3

auntie
06-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Wait...that didn't sound right. I'm sure he doesn't wear panties.
That doesn't sound right either...I'm sure he wears something..and whatever it is..it got bunched..and I don't know why that would be.

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 09:57 AM
That doesn't sound right either...I'm sure he wears something..and whatever it is..it got bunched..and I don't know why that would be.

:lmao:

Colson39
06-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Oh, did I mention, that they 3D modelled Fort Wilderness ;)

I'm not joking, they modelled all the buildings, cabins, everything, you can actually see individual cabins!!

Colson39
06-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Here are some screenshots from the 3d modelling of Fort Wilderness now on Google Earth/...

Cabins:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Colson39/fort1.jpg

This look familiar to anyone? It should, it's the entrance!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Colson39/fort2.jpg

Say hi to Ms. Sundee!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Colson39/fort3.jpg

Crocketts Tavern/Porch/Hoop Dee Doo with Contemporary in the background (you can just make out the castle):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Colson39/fort4.jpg

BigDaddyRog
06-05-2008, 10:02 AM

:rotfl2: I love this woman..she's a sitcom waiting to happen!!!

Colson39
06-05-2008, 10:03 AM
They've done every park and every resort, I had no idea it was going to be this much detail, it really is amazing.

I think I'm going to spend quite a bit of time on this today checking it all out, there is SO much to see (also, you can click on various parts and see video/text associated with it).

Gatordad
06-05-2008, 10:03 AM

Yeah, what the heck is wrong with you.... How could you be so careless and foolhardy. It's like running through the mall with wet hair, scissors and a stick.....

2goofycampers
06-05-2008, 10:04 AM
thanks Chris,,, very cool.

PolynesianPixie
06-05-2008, 10:13 AM
I just got some kinda sucky news. No biggie, but I had a spot on my hip come back with pre-cancer cells. I know the drill. Just have to have a little minor surgery in July to remove the whole area and beyond to make sure it doesn't turn into cancer. The good thing is I get thoroughly checked out by the doc so often that these things get caught early enough to do something about it. Just thought I'd share.

auntie
06-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Ami....has this happened before..where you've had to have the area removed? I only ask because you mentioned that you "know the drill". Good thing that you get checked so often. When will you be having the surgery..will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

BigDaddyRog
06-05-2008, 10:20 AM
They've done every park and every resort, I had no idea it was going to be this much detail, it really is amazing.

I think I'm going to spend quite a bit of time on this today checking it all out, there is SO much to see (also, you can click on various parts and see video/text associated with it).

That IS pretty amazing...the detail is uncanny!!!
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/32c37236.jpg

AMI...Im glad they caught it early and tht its gonna be okay!!!

2goofycampers
06-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I SEE YOU :lmao:

2goofycampers
06-05-2008, 10:34 AM
I just got some kinda sucky news. No biggie, but I had a spot on my hip come back with pre-cancer cells. I know the drill. Just have to have a little minor surgery in July to remove the whole area and beyond to make sure it doesn't turn into cancer. The good thing is I get thoroughly checked out by the doc so often that these things get caught early enough to do something about it. Just thought I'd share.

Ami, we will be praying for you. They usually are no big deal. my neighbor has them removed all the time, yet she still uses her tanning bed and goes in the sun for long periods of time with no sunblock on.

g8trmom1
06-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Not here in NY...we're still going, and going, and going. :headache:
Needlesss to say, my son isn't happy. Lots of studying for end of year exams and NY state regents. He's got three this year.

Ahhh, I remember studying for those Regents Exams...and passed them all. What did it get me, a nice little foil sticker on my HS diploma.

auntie
06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I remember them too (back in the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth)Now in NY..there is no choice..it's Regents diploma for everyone. So it's not as if you have a choice not to take the Regents courses.
Unless there is some type of disability. He is totally capable of passing them...but I have to say, they have excluded a good many kids..who wind up dropping out when they reach 16.

PolynesianPixie
06-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Ami....has this happened before..where you've had to have the area removed? I only ask because you mentioned that you "know the drill". Good thing that you get checked so often. When will you be having the surgery..will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Yeah, after I had cancer, docs will remove every freckle if it looks the least bit funny. Luckily most come back normal. I've had a few with these pre-melanoma cells. The latest on my hip. July 24 is the date. Thank you! Prayers are the best medicine!

Ami, we will be praying for you. They usually are no big deal. my neighbor has them removed all the time, yet she still uses her tanning bed and goes in the sun for long periods of time with no sunblock on.

I know.... I'm not worried, really. It just keeps it real and reminds me that I have a lot to be thankful for!
That's the thing. I sit under umbrellas, wear hats and 70 spf. I've never set foot in a tanning bed. Being a pasty white redhead sure is great, huh?:laughing:

clkelley

DH has that kind of stuff all the time. He recently had a big chunk taken off his nose. They really did a great job. They pulled some out of his cheek, folded it over and put it on his nose. The cheek looks great!! The nose looks OK. They will probably go back and tweek the nose.

JCJRSmith
My son finished his last final of the year this morning. As long as he had a ride home he was allowed to leave the school, so I picked him up. Tomorrow is the last day, a half day. It is also his 16th birthday, and if I don't have an interview lined up I will take him to get his temporary driving permit. :scared1:

g8trmom1
06-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Now in NY..there is no choice..it's Regents diploma for everyone. So it's not as if you have a choice not to take the Regents courses.
Unless there is some type of disability.

Really???? Wow! I graduated in 1986. I guess that is good though. Kinda like Florida with the FCAT's, if you don't meet your grade level, you don't get promoted to the next grade.

clkelley
06-05-2008, 10:49 AM
It sounds similar to Alabama's exit exam.

Both of my boys passed all of them the first time in their sophomore year.

JCJRSmith
06-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Ami,

P&PD that everything comes out okay

g8trmom1
06-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Ami,
I am sure everything will be OK. Can't wait to meet you on the 4th!!

auntie
06-05-2008, 11:06 AM
It sounds similar to Alabama's exit exam.

Both of my boys passed all of them the first time in their sophomore year.

These are taken at various grade levels throughout high school. There used to be a standard diploma at one time with a Regents diploma being one you received if you met a higher standard. Now they have changed the Regents requirements somewhat, and all are expected to achieve regents level diplomas. It isn't a state test given in a particular year. They are different tests given in different subjects based on the sequences required for graduation. Biology,Earth Science, Chemistry.. Global Studies, English. Math A..or AX. (remember algebra, geometry, and trig...well no more.) and so on and so on. You can still move on to the next grade, even if you fail the regents. You might well have actually passed the course, but if you fail the regents, you will not be able to graduate unless you pass it at some point.
Sounds good in theory....and he's my third going through this..and he won't have any issues. Only it does leave a good many kids by the way side..and you don't hear about them, because they just drop out by the time they legally can at 16. So while it sounds rosie...raising the bar, and having everyone meet a higher standard, there are those you don't hear about because they wind up leaving. Also..as mentioned this so called "Regents Diploma" doesn't get you anything extra that any other academic diploma from another state wouldn't get you.

clkelley
06-05-2008, 11:16 AM
because they just drop out by the time they legally can at 16.

In Alabama, you too frequently DO hear about kids not graduating due to not passing the exit exam. The reason you hear so much about it is because, from 16-18 in order to have a driver's license, you must be registered in school. So instead of dropping out at 16, these kids are just floating through school to keep their license. Now granted once they get their license, they actually have to be pulled over for it to be checked, so there still may be dropouts after they actually get their license, but it really is sad to hear about so many unmotivated kids that can't pass these simple exams.

PolynesianPixie
06-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Ami,
I am sure everything will be OK. Can't wait to meet you on the 4th!!

I'm looking forward to it too! :goodvibes

ftwildernessguy
06-05-2008, 11:33 AM
How's the hand jim????

the orthopod wanted to cast me up for 6 weeks, but i had a heart to heart with him. then he talked plates and screws, but after another discussion we decided i would try this ugly splint for a week and be reevaluated. i am working and able to take the splint off while i work, but have to put it on in between. i am typing with one hand, so this is really a pain.

ftwildernessguy
06-05-2008, 11:42 AM
good luck with the wide and deep, ami.

i had one done on my cheek a few years ago and needed a graft so they took the skin from my butt. now whenever my mother in law comes around, i offer that cheek to her to kiss. I'm only kidding. sorry - had to do it. i did have one on my leg, however, and the plastic guy did a great job on it.

Colson39
06-05-2008, 11:45 AM
I just found my third home!!! lol ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Colson39/fort5.jpg

Gatordad
06-05-2008, 11:47 AM
That IS pretty amazing...the detail is uncanny!!!
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/32c37236.jpg

AMI...Im glad they caught it early and tht its gonna be okay!!!

I was waiting for someone to do that. Ami, I order you to get better ASAP.

des1954
06-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Ahhh, I remember studying for those Regents Exams...and passed them all. What did it get me, a nice little foil sticker on my HS diploma.
Man, things have changed.... I have a diploma from the high school and a NYS Regents diploma. They also gave a laminated, business card size NYS Regents diploma. No one has ever asked me to present it, however. I could be a freakin' liar and tell all my employers that I'm a high school Grad-U-Ate & they'd d never know the difference because they never asked to SEE my diploma - laminated or otherwise.:headache:

PolynesianPixie
06-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Rog-that's priceless! :rotfl2:

g8trmom1
06-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Man, things have changed.... I have a diploma from the high school and a NYS Regents diploma. They also gave a laminated, business card size NYS Regents diploma. No one has ever asked me to present it, however. I could be a freakin' liar and tell all my employers that I'm a high school Grad-U-Ate & they'd d never know the difference because they never asked to SEE my diploma - laminated or otherwise.:headache:

The saddest part is, I don't even know where my HS or College Diplomas are....I know at one point they were framed...But in the moves they are probably buried in a box in the attic.:(

clkelley
06-05-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm confuseed. (Which isn't hard to do). But I download Google Earth, then found Disney World, then clicked on the yellow mouse thingy, then clicked on view in 3D.

Well, nothing happened, the orange box just goes away.

Never mind, it finally worked :-)

Colson39
06-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Yea, it's a bit slow right now, probably because it's the first day it went up. It will speed up, although overall it's pretty fast once you've loaded everything the first time.

des1954
06-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Okay... you guys have added a myriad of pages since about 9a.

Recap....

Jen gets the "Coach of the Year" award from me!! (Who cares what your administration thinks - we all know administrators can't think - and that's why they're administrators - they can do the least amount of damage in that position)

Jim is trying to barter with his Ortho Dr to let him wear a splint to heal his hand instead of undergoing surgery or worse yet, wear a hard cast. Dude... do you ever want complete use of this hand again??? Think about it!;)

Chris posted pictures of WDW from Google-Earth that look like crappy artists renderings (sorry Chris - I'm not slaming you - but that's what they look like to me).

Due to popular demand they are re-running "Rog's Nite at the Rumplemintz" at FtW.

School's out - or almost out - in most places.

Ami's having a spot on her hip removed in July just as a precaution. (Can I have the name of that surgeon so I can have my @zz removed?)

I can attest first hand that Al IS a slob (he's not cold-hearted, but does like cold beer).

I've been accused of running thru the mall with wet hair and sharp objects.

Is that everything?

ntsammy5
06-05-2008, 12:23 PM
i had one done on my cheek a few years ago and needed a graft so they took the skin from my butt.

You had me going for a minute there!

Ami, good luck!

3gr8kids
06-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Okay... you guys have added a myriad of pages since about 9a.

Recap....

Jen gets the "Coach of the Year" award from me!! (Who cares what your administration thinks - we all know administrators can't think - and that's why they're administrators - they can do the least amount of damage in that position)

Jim is trying to barter with his Ortho Dr to let him wear a splint to heal his hand instead of undergoing surgery or worse yet, wear a hard cast. Dude... do you ever want complete use of this hand again??? Think about it!;)

Chris posted pictures of WDW from Google-Earth that look like crappy artists renderings (sorry Chris - I'm not slaming you - but that's what they look like to me).

Due to popular demand they are re-running "Rog's Nite at the Rumplemintz" at FtW.

School's out - or almost out - in most places.

Ami's having a spot on her hip removed in July just as a precaution. (Can I have the name of that surgeon so I can have my @zz removed?)

I can attest first hand that Al IS a slob (he's not cold-hearted, but does like cold beer).

I've been accused of running thru the mall with wet hair and sharp objects.

Is that everything?

Thanks for the recap!!

Jen ~ a note like that really does make it all worth it, huh?
Ami ~ good luck! Will be thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery and good results.
Jim ~ hope your wrist heals without needing surgery.
Chris ~ thanks for the pics - I can't download google-earth at work so it was nice to be able to see them.
I'd like to buy a ticket for the next showing of Rog's Nite at the Rumplemintz.
My 2nd DD's last day of school is tomorrow, but my oldest DD goes until the 16th.
Al ~ well, I'm just speechless, lol

Shannone1
06-05-2008, 12:43 PM
I've missed you all :wave2: I haven't had much time for being online this last week. We moved into the new house on Tuesday. WHAT A DAY :faint: It took about 12 hours from start to finish for the movers. We were supposed to get 6 guys and 3 trucks, but one broke down somewhere and they had to send another one which took 4 hours. Rather than make two trips, they decided to wait for the other guys so they could have more help loading and unloading. We were on a flat rate so I didn't care except that it was RAINING. Plus Chad had to work the next morning and the kids all had school. It was a late night for all of us. The three nights before the move, Chad and I were up until almost 2:00am each night finishing up the packing (that's what we get for camping three weekends in a row instead of packing :rolleyes1 )

It's surprising how at home I already feel here. I have about 1/3 of the rooms unpacked and by the end of tonight will knock off a few more. By Sunday night I am hoping to be done. I HAVE to be because my oldest daughter and I are headed to Washington D.C for her 8th grade class trip. We have to be at the school at 4:15am on Monday morning :headache:

The kids are out of school on Friday....thank goodness !! We've been so busy with the move that we haven't had much time for paying attention to what's going on with their classes. I still have to get an end of the year present for some of the teachers.

We don't have the tv's hooked up yet....but we listened to the Red Wings games. We were packing up kitchen at the old place on Monday night when the Wings ALMOST won the cup. What an ending.....unbelievable. I wish I could have SEEN the game. Last night we were here unpacking the new kitchen when they did win the cup. I wish they could've won at home...it sounded so quiet. There is a parade in Detroit for them tomorrow morning but we aren't going to be able to make it. I went to one of them once and it was a lot of fun. It's cool to see the city come together for something GOOD for a change !! :)

I hope I haven't missed anything big in the last week or so. I just read Deb's updates (THANKS so much for those :thumbsup2 ).

Ami- I saw some of your vacation pictures and it looks like you had a great time. Keep us posted about your test results.

Jen- The plant/note from your student was so sweet...hang onto that note !!

VACAMPER
06-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Welcome back Shannon. I was exhausted after reading your post. Sounds like you've been a busy girl.

3gr8kids
06-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Shannone, welcome back and congratulations on the move!

Colson39
06-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Actually, considering the platform, the level of detail on Google Earth is amazing. You can even see the face painting selections at the stand in Animal Kingdom. Most of it isn't that detailed, but so far everyone is really impressed with the quality of the product.

To be able to see all of Disney in 3d, that's great for informational purposes.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be talking about Disney in the off-topic thread...lol

PolynesianPixie
06-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Shannone-Congrats on the new house!!!! It is a huge job to move, but so worth it in the end!

g8trmom1
06-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Congrats Shannon, that is an awesome house!! I am jealous!!!

des1954
06-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Actually, considering the platform, the level of detail on Google Earth is amazing. You can even see the face painting selections at the stand in Animal Kingdom. Most of it isn't that detailed, but so far everyone is really impressed with the quality of the product.

To be able to see all of Disney in 3d, that's great for informational purposes.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be talking about Disney in the off-topic thread...lol

Chris... the technology is amazing.

I'm not too sure how up to date the data is. I just looked at my neighborhood, and it shows data from about 3 years ago. Our neighborhood has practically doubled in size since the satellite image portrayed on Google Earth.

ftwildernessguy
06-05-2008, 01:31 PM
i believe everyone should move every few years just to force you to throw out the crap you accumulate.

ntsammy5
06-05-2008, 01:57 PM
i believe everyone should move every few years just to force you to throw out the crap you accumulate.

You know, when I was in Germany (3ACR) we game back to CONUS on the first Reforger and left all our equipment in depots over there. There was one M-60 in our motor pool that no one claimed so we stripped it for parts. When we left the kaserne there was an empty hull left. Never did find out if it was on some one's property book. That was an interesting move. :rotfl2:

des1954
06-05-2008, 03:00 PM
There's a thread on the Community Board entitled:

"How do you keep rodents out of your pool?"

Now, me being me, thought they had started up the old FtW scum think they can just go to WL and swim with us "privileged" people, crap. But this person was serious!!

She's going on & on about finding dead squirrels in her pool & while DH was cleaning the pool..... PLOP!!! In falls a chipmunk!!! Why if it weren't for her DH being there at just the right moment, that poor little chipmunk would have drown!!:(

Someone actually came back and posted that OP should provide little safety ladders so the squirrels and chipmunks could get out of the pool!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://*******************************************ZSzeb00 1_ZN)

Ya know.... I LIKE some of the people over there!!!

ftwildernessguy
06-05-2008, 03:14 PM
You know, when I was in Germany (3ACR) we game back to CONUS on the first Reforger and left all our equipment in depots over there. There was one M-60 in our motor pool that no one claimed so we stripped it for parts. When we left the kaserne there was an empty hull left. Never did find out if it was on some one's property book. That was an interesting move. :rotfl2:

That's the kind of stuff that makes PBO's lose their hair - hence my baldness. As a young PBO, I signed out a water buffalo to a unit. When it came back, I went out to inspect it and some moron had used it to haul gasoline. Some poor officer bought a water buffalo that day.

ntsammy5
06-05-2008, 03:17 PM
When it came back, I went out to inspect it and some moron had used it to haul gasoline.

WOW. I hope no one drank anything out of it! Takes a real bozo to do something that stupid. :rotfl2:

ftwildernessguy
06-05-2008, 03:19 PM
WOW. I hope no one drank anything out of it! Takes a real bozo to do something that stupid. :rotfl2:

The real bozo was the one who misplaced the tank in Germany.

ntsammy5
06-05-2008, 03:30 PM

Yeah, I never could figure that one out. We were really nervous when we were taking the power pack out of it -- we were sure someone would object -- but no. After that no one even tried to hide the fact that they were stripping it. Even the squadron commander knew what we were doing and obviously didn't care -- the CSM thought it was hilarious. Wanted daily reports on what was taken off it. I don't think that would go over now though.

des1954
06-05-2008, 03:37 PM

That would be Al. He got "tanked" several times while in Germany and was blamed for the loss of a few tanks!! :duck:

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 03:42 PM

Good vibes to you Ami, hope all is well. Are they doing this after you come back from FW or before?

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 03:48 PM
I know.... I'm not worried, really. It just keeps it real and reminds me that I have a lot to be thankful for!
That's the thing. I sit under umbrellas, wear hats and 70 spf. I've never set foot in a tanning bed. Being a pasty white redhead sure is great, huh?:laughing:

My mom is the same way, never goes out in the sun, always is very white, but she has to go and get them taken off as well. The last time, it was at her neck line where the shirt sits. We are praying for ya!

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Really???? Wow! I graduated in 1986. I guess that is good though. Kinda like Florida with the FCAT's, if you don't meet your grade level, you don't get promoted to the next grade.

actually that is only for 3rd grade

1goofy1
06-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Try this song everyone.

Plowing these fields in the hot summer sun
Over by the gate lordy here she comes
With a basket full of chicken and a big cold jug of sweet tea
I make a little room and she climbs on up
Open up a throttle and stir a little dust
Just look at her face she ain't a foolin me

g8trmom1
06-05-2008, 04:25 PM
actually that is only for 3rd grade

Oh your kidding? I thought it was every year they took it, and if they didn't meet, they didn't get promoted.

g8trmom1
06-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Try this song everyone.

Plowing these fields in the hot summer sun
Over by the gate lordy here she comes
With a basket full of chicken and a big cold jug of sweet tea
I make a little room and she climbs on up
Open up a throttle and stir a little dust
Just look at her face she ain't a foolin me

Easy!
Kenny Chesney, She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

1goofy1
06-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Correct :thumbsup2

1goofy1
06-05-2008, 04:37 PM
See if anyone knows this one.

I was born in the backwoods
Of a two-bit nowhere town
Fathered up some rock 'n' roll (baby)
So you muthers could boogie down
I ain't whistling dixie
No I'm a rebel with a groove
All around the world the ygo 'round and 'round
When they dig on my new stainless steel sound

JCJRSmith
06-05-2008, 05:23 PM
There's a thread on the Community Board entitled:

"How do you keep rodents out of your pool?"

Now, me being me, thought they had started up the old FtW scum think they can just go to WL and swim with us "privileged" people, crap. But this person was serious!!

She's going on & on about finding dead squirrels in her pool & while DH was cleaning the pool..... PLOP!!! In falls a chipmunk!!! Why if it weren't for her DH being there at just the right moment, that poor little chipmunk would have drown!!:(

Someone actually came back and posted that OP should provide little safety ladders so the squirrels and chipmunks could get out of the pool!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://*******************************************ZSzeb00 1_ZN)

Ya know.... I LIKE some of the people over there!!!

Think of it as "Evolution in Action" :)

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Oh your kidding? I thought it was every year they took it, and if they didn't meet, they didn't get promoted.

actually it only counts in 3rd grade and 10th for graduation...the rest of the grades count towards what you have to do with them the next year...if a teacher can prove with a portfolio of work that shows he made the benchmarks (skills) for that year, the 3rd grade can be waived...

for 10th graders, they get 5 chances to pass, if they don't they get a certificate of completion, not a diploma...if they can't pass the FCAT, they can take the ACT and have to score at least a 14 to get the diploma

AuburnJen92
06-05-2008, 05:42 PM
ok Ami, you can take credit for this....I couldn't figure out what my son was watching. I knew it had to be Disney, because that is all he is allowed to watch...he is watching the 101 Dalmations in French!

BigDaddyRog
06-05-2008, 07:48 PM
I go back to work tonight...first time in 25 days. Im so excited I can barely contain my enthusiasm:worried:

Rhonda
06-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I go back to work tonight...first time in 25 days. I so excited I can barely contain my enthusiasm:worried:

Sorry. :( We'll be thinking of you! :goodvibes

LONE-STAR
06-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Sorry man I know the felling and it SUCKS!!!!

RvUsa
06-05-2008, 07:55 PM
PFB (post fort blues) Suck!! We're with ya man, take heart, the next trip is coming up in no time....

BigDaddyRog
06-05-2008, 07:57 PM
yeah, it does........Im all Disney'd up and feeling innocent and pure, and now I gotta go get all perved up and stupid.

Us3
06-05-2008, 08:04 PM
You're so right John...PFB really do suck. I'm so ready to go back...but I'm waiting until its not so H-O-T.

FW is such an escape from reality for me and my family...looping, kungaloosh, campfires, fishing, swimming, kids playing...it doesn't get much better than that. :goodvibes Ok, maybe I *am* ready to go back....::yes::

When is the next trip Rog...or are you guys going to get a camper first?

RvUsa
06-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Our next trip isn't gonna be till oct 09, 09! AHHHH! :scared1::furious::sad: We are going camping this weekend, but nowhere is the same as the fort!!! I wish it was about 750 miles closer to me, not me closer to it. LOL

seabee
06-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Jerry...I have a feeling great things are in your future.

Nicole...Im just catching up on things....I hate that this has happened to your DH.....he seems like such a nice dude from what you write that he yells out from behind you while youre online. I hope things turn out ok.

Yeah, he's alright-I guess I'll keep him around.;) He is doing better today. He's on the schedule for next Thursday to get the kidney out. So it is just a wait until then. We were hoping that they would let us go home in between, but it doesn't look good. He was bummed. But that's ok, he's heckiling the nurses now so it seems he is getting back to normal.:confused3 His sense of humor was pretty much gone for a while there so it is nice to see him joking around. Well, off to get caught up on the other threads.:moped:

RvUsa
06-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Nicole, glad to hear things are going better for you guys, sorry to hear that he won't get home in between. Keep us up to date, and we are all still thinking of ya!

VACAMPER
06-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Good to hear your hangin' in there seabee. Hopefully life will be back to normal soon.

RvUsa
06-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey everyone, I need some help. I need a very small clipart of something campy, like a trailer, tent, motorhome, something that I can use a a marker for my review pages to show where campgrounds are. Right now I am using a "thumbtack" looking thing, BORING! I want something that represents us. Let me know.

thanks

seabee
06-05-2008, 08:51 PM
I had found some before, I will try and figure out where I got them.

3gr8kids
06-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey John ~ how 'bout this?

http://67.15.62.77/_gallery/_TN/0093-0604-1413-0600_TN.jpg

A tent camping mug of beer!! :lmao: