PDA

View Full Version : SocioTown Beta

DaffyPluto
06-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Since we have had quite a few people from the Dis and VMK join this site, this is the place to discuss all things SocioTown.com (http://www.sociotown.com/) related.

But I want to make something clear about the site for all that read this thread. The chat is completely open. You can say anything you want in game except for vulgur curse words. It is basically an instant messenger built in a 3 dimensional world with an aspect of collecting items, trading, building rooms and dressing you avatar. It is strictly a 13+ site any younger and you are not permitted to join. There is a report button and also an ignore button that can be used report any trouble or to create bliss if someone acting out in rude ways.

It is a pay to play site to take advantage of everything the game offers something on the order of Habbo Hotel. You can still join, chat, hang out with friends, make new friends and so on, but to buy goods you need to pay with real cash or be gifted by someone. There is also the ability to trade a subscriber the bugs you catch which they can in turn sell for in game credits and buy you stuff.

Should you decide to Pay to Play there is a code you can enter that will allow you to get $4 dollars off your first month in game. It is VMKREFUGEE. Use this code in the right place on the subscription page and it will cut the cost in about half for a month.

The game guide can be found here (http://www.sociotown.com/gameguide/).

A couple good tips for any one that creates an avatar there:

To replace the ??? over peoples heads, get them to say their name and they will be replaced with thier character title. You have them over your head to as far as they can see if you say your name they will see your characters title as well.

Choose your avatar's look and hair wisely as well as your clothes. At this point you can't change clothes without spending some money or being gifted by someone that has and I am not sure you will ever be able to change your facial appearance. So make sure you look the way you want.

If you click on the link from the site to start the game it pops up a browser window that is maximized, you can only minimalize it into the task bar, but if you create a shortcut to the client you can use a normal browser window. So do this, copy and paste this link into a normal browser window, or just click on it.
http://west1.sociotown.com/client/
Now your at the site in a normal browser. Create a favorite. Now you can adjust the window to what ever size suits you.

This is an example of an avatar, our own BrairRosie the SocioTown next Top Model:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/Major_Neptune/stylish1.jpg

Also if your trying to log in the server maintenence is from 3-5 am Pacific Time, so dont dispair if your trying to get in at that time.

SweetJaydGrl
06-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Rob and I made a sociotown account and have played on it a few times. Is there anyway to make the game screen larger? I dont find it enjoyable playing on the small screen they provide.. Just wondering

DaffyPluto
06-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Rob and I made a sociotown account and have played on it a few times. Is there anyway to make the game screen larger? I dont find it enjoyable playing on the small screen they provide.. Just wondering

Not at this point in the game. But i can make the suggestion on their board for you or you can. the owner listens to all suggestions. :)

momo3hods
06-03-2008, 09:47 PM
I joined yesterday... but I am not a paying member, I just wanted to check it out as a VMK Refugee... Same name as on VMK..

aengus
06-04-2008, 05:47 AM
The game has some problems, the interface locking out your taskbar for instance drives me somewhat crazy. Overall this is the only game that I have kept coming back to since the closing of vmk

the bottom line is the game is fun, the chat works well allbeit different, and the characters are cute. (oh and you should see me dance!!)

This is the only keeper so far I have come across, I will be watching this game develop for sure. There is a pretty large VMK following as well so you wont feel alone if you join up

It definitely takes a little getting used to in moving around and figuring out why you cant see peoples titles at first, but it all starts to make sense pretty quickly

I can't recommend this game to the parents of the under 13 crowd because of the reasons pointed out in Pluto's first post but this is a definitely must try for the teens and the adults who are looking for a place to hang out with some familiar titles.

GBShorts
06-04-2008, 07:32 AM
This game has been pretty entertaining so far (including trying to catch people in my bug net!). Yesterday every time I'd close the game though, my firefox browser would crash.

Ugh! ;) The joys of beta!

I'm GBShorts (as usual) in game. Come find me!

TLinden16
06-04-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm also on this game (as Jellyrolls) and it's a fun way to chat with friends. The missions are fun, but hopefully they'll eventually come out quicker. I hate that there is no easy way to log off on it.

For now, I'm paying for the membership, and I will give it a few months as a paid member to see if I see any improvements, and deciding if it's worth my money to continue paying.

KrazyPete
06-04-2008, 08:17 AM
I've been on it a few times. My overall impression was mostly positive.

I'm not sure that I like it enough to become a "permanent resident." I don't think that I want to pay money to have an account on a game that is still in "beta." Also, the unpaid accounts are sersiously crippled (you basically can't own anything). I'm sure I'll get on there from time to time because I have found a few VMK friends in the game. I don't expect to be spending a lot of time there though.

DaffyPluto
06-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Pete, once you get your 4th mission you get the net and if you catch bugs you can trade them to a resident that can sell them for you and buy you stuff with the proceeds. While you would not make enough to like keep a place and buy a lot of things it would provide you with a way to get some of the new clothes and stuff so you could at least wash them socks your wearing LOL I could provide you with that service from time to time if you would like

p.s.

green bugs are worth 1 credit
bees are worth 2 credits
ladybugs are worth 4 credits

a resident can sell 30 bugs a day if they know where the lady bugs are hanging out ;) that is 120 credits a day do this a couple times a week and you will be able to get the stuff you want not all of it but what you really like.

I've been on it a few times. My overall impression was mostly positive.

I'm not sure that I like it enough to become a "permanent resident." I don't think that I want to pay money to have an account on a game that is still in "beta." Also, the unpaid accounts are sersiously crippled (you basically can't own anything). I'm sure I'll get on there from time to time because I have found a few VMK friends in the game. I don't expect to be spending a lot of time there though.

DaffyPluto
06-04-2008, 09:26 AM
The game has some problems, the interface locking out your taskbar for instance drives me somewhat crazy. Overall this is the only game that I have kept coming back to since the closing of vmk

The problem is that the pop up launched from the home page forces the browser into full screen mode. You cant adjust the size of it. You can only minimalize it into the task bar, but if you create a shortcut to the client when you can use a normal browser window and bingo you get to adjust it. So do this. Copy and paste this link into a normal browser window. Or just click on it.

Now your at the site in a normal browser.

Create a favorite.

Now you can adjust the window to what ever size suits you.

Let me know if this works

aengus
06-04-2008, 10:41 AM
The problem is that the pop up launched from the home page forces the browser into full screen mode. You cant adjust the size of it. You can only minimalize it into the task bar, but if you create a shortcut to the client when you can use a normal browser window and bingo you get to adjust it. So do this. Copy and paste this link into a normal browser window. Or just click on it.

Create a favorite.

I will try this when I get home, if that works then WOOT! :thumbsup2

team disney
06-04-2008, 11:44 AM

Create a favorite.

:worship: can't wait to try this! Thanks Mr. Mayor :rotfl:

I want to add that I have been playing since early May and only became a PR (permanent Resident) This week. So there is plenty of fun to have without paying into the game! However, The membership with the discount for VMK refugees is $5 (not a bad price to try things out in its complete form) However I would suggest to get to mission four before becoming a PR. This way you will have a virtual job and beable to to get pid for it. I want to mention that this discount code for vmkrefugees does expire at the end of the month!

Non paying players can still get a job and will get a second outfit (your work uniform!) withour having to pay any real cash. You will also get a bug catching net (no charge) and can offer services to other PR to earn virtual items.

I am FancyPirateGirl in the game, same as my VMK name. I do however suggest to others to keep your name short... as you will be saying/typing it ALOT!!!::yes::

This community is growing quickly, and I dare say there are more vmk/dis members on there then non vmk/dis players!:thumbsup2

KrazyPete
06-04-2008, 12:38 PM
I want to add that I have been playing since early May and only became a PR (permanent Resident) This week. So there is plenty of fun to have without paying into the game! However, The membership with the discount for VMK refugees is $5 (not a bad price to try things out in its complete form) However I would suggest to get to mission four before becoming a PR. This way you will have a virtual job and beable to to get pid for it. I want to mention that this discount code for vmkrefugees does expire at the end of the month!

Is that $5 for the first month and full price after that?

Kit-Kat-Bar
06-04-2008, 12:56 PM
So far I like this game, I've been playing it for 6 days now. Most of my friends from VMK that I talked to joined with me. I still get confused trying to find them though, since we can't teleport to them. We usually have to give each other directions and with me being bad at reading maps it's hard finding them :rotfl: . I'm thinking of becoming a PR but i'm not entirely sure.

~ Kat

BriarRosie
06-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Not at this point in the game. But i can make the suggestion on their board for you or you can. the owner listens to all suggestions. :)

We made the suggestion of the Ignore button, which miraculously appeared the following day. ;) I really enjoyed the cartoon featuring the Ignore button in the newsletter. :cutie:

The $5 for the first month becomes $9/mo. after that. And you pay on a month by month basis. You're not committed to a chunk of time.

The only other drawbacks for paying customers are the limited quantities of merchandise. If you're not the first people in the store, items can sell out, FAST. I've had that happen to me on several occasions, missing out on an item. And I've also been the last person to buy the item. I'm sure that's something Chris will work out soon.

Game bugs are pretty funny. I've taken a screen shot of what happens when a few people become severed heads on a table:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/BriarRosie/beheaded.jpg

There are lots of things that need improvement, but meanwhile, I'm enjoying myself throughout this process.

cyre
06-04-2008, 02:30 PM
haha that's what you were talking about...

I'm on socio and a PR. It's fun, I have a 'job' and i got my bug net! woot! There's no purple hair though :I

DaffyPluto
06-04-2008, 02:37 PM
So far I like this game, I've been playing it for 6 days now. Most of my friends from VMK that I talked to joined with me. I still get confused trying to find them though, since we can't teleport to them. We usually have to give each other directions and with me being bad at reading maps it's hard finding them :rotfl: . I'm thinking of becoming a PR but i'm not entirely sure.

~ Kat

I refer you to these two pages in the game guide.

http://www.sociotown.com/gameguide/?id=B-4

http://www.sociotown.com/gameguide/?id=C-1

What you want to do is attach a map to the mail by clicking the paperclip icon. It will then leave a flay in the recievers world map. they can click on that flag ane a green arrow will lead them right to you.

team disney
06-04-2008, 03:18 PM
I refer you to these two pages in the game guide.

http://www.sociotown.com/gameguide/?id=B-4

http://www.sociotown.com/gameguide/?id=C-1

What you want to do is attach a map to the mail by clicking the paperclip icon. It will then leave a flay in the recievers world map. they can click on that flag ane a green arrow will lead them right to you.

To find a friend you can also try this technique which has worked!

If you type IN ALL CAPS you will be screaming and a larger group of people will here your chat... even if you can not see them on the screen. SO you can SHOUT out the name of the person you are looking for (sociotown is on the small side right now) or you can try the old MARCO shout untill you get a response of POLO... which some of us have done to find each other:lmao:

Mnementh
06-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Hmmm... well, as critical as Aengus is of other games, if he actually likes this one, I may consider joining...

See.low
06-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Hmmm... well, as critical as Aengus is of other games, if he actually likes this one, I may consider joining...

Is he critical? Or does he just have plain ol' common sense. ::yes::

I am a ST resident. We VMK refugees have filled an entire apartment building! :)

Dashzap
06-04-2008, 06:43 PM
I'll stay homeless for a while. It's fun even if you aren't a permanent resident. I've done my four missions, have a bug net, live on a diet of honeybees, and have a job picking up trash for the burger joint. I don't get paid but I do get experience points so I level up.

aengus
06-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Major that link worked great, you should add that link in your first post! I think people would start less frustrated with that when they first start :)

The game is definitely beta, but yeah its got soemthing to do in there, its got some great style and originality. Its a place to watch for sure

Is he critical? Or does he just have plain ol' common sense. ::yes::

I am a ST resident. We VMK refugees have filled an entire apartment building! :)

awww... You know see, you do have cute hair :rotfl:

DaffyPluto
06-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Major that link worked great, you should add that link in your first post! I think people would start less frustrated with that when they first start :)

goterdone lava boy, glad it worked for you.

aengus
06-04-2008, 11:14 PM
heh. I got my net too....

I think my gaming needs have been met. A little bounce between socio and smallworlds is just what the doctor ordered :thumbsup2

Goofy05
06-04-2008, 11:28 PM
heh. I got my net too....

I think my gaming needs have been met. A little bounce between socio and smallworlds is just what the doctor ordered :thumbsup2

LOL! Yes, I agree maybe jumping from world to world will be satisfying to me as well. I'm not totally happy with Socio, yet it's cute and lots of my vmk friends hang there. I do like the new Small Worlds, and am hopeful that it will remain mostly a free game after Beta, but I'm willing to test it out. I've also been playing Dizzywood. I am actually having a lot of fun there and will post more on that sometime this weekend. It's a site everyone can enjoy, as it's moderated for those under 13.
Thanks, Hyper, for the link! It seems to work well for my window size, now if I can just get rid of the Shockwave errors I might actually be able to join y'all again! lol

DaffyPluto
06-05-2008, 11:58 AM
LOL! Yes, I agree maybe jumping from world to world will be satisfying to me as well. I'm not totally happy with Socio, yet it's cute and lots of my vmk friends hang there. I do like the new Small Worlds, and am hopeful that it will remain mostly a free game after Beta, but I'm willing to test it out. I've also been playing Dizzywood. I am actually having a lot of fun there and will post more on that sometime this weekend. It's a site everyone can enjoy, as it's moderated for those under 13.
Thanks, Hyper, for the link! It seems to work well for my window size, now if I can just get rid of the Shockwave errors I might actually be able to join y'all again! lol

Aww Mims,

What browser are you using? Do you have the latest shockwave downloaded? We got to get you fixed so we can hang girl. There is a new build of the beta comming soon and hopefully a lot of the kinks will be worked out. You know us dis peeps gave him some of the stress he needed on the servers to help tweak the game. Hope it fixes you up.

BriarRosie
06-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Looks like I'll have to check out Small Worlds now, too. :)

jazstar87
06-05-2008, 09:54 PM
yay, i was wondering when this would have it's own thread... i'm on there as Patchy (of course) and I am a pr... :D

Tiggerholic
06-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Just joined tonight and already failed my first mission :sad: Could not find Low Mart for the life of me :lmao: :lmao: I do have to say that I did have a blast in the short amount of time that I was on there :thumbsup2

Tiggerholic
06-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Anyone having problems getting in ?? I click "Play Now," select the server, click "Enter Town," the larger browser window opens and the only thing that shows up is the little person you click to "Tell a Friend." Even if I use the *shortcut* to the larger browser, it still does the same thing. I did not have any problems last night creating a character and playing :confused3 Any help would be greatly appreciated :goodvibes

:thanks:
Lyn

DaffyPluto
06-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Anyone having problems getting in ?? I click "Play Now," select the server, click "Enter Town," the larger browser window opens and the only thing that shows up is the little person you click to "Tell a Friend." Even if I use the *shortcut* to the larger browser, it still does the same thing. I did not have any problems last night creating a character and playing :confused3 Any help would be greatly appreciated :goodvibes

Lyn

We were told that a rebuild of the game was comming. He may be in the process of that right now. I so cant wait to see if it is true

Tiggerholic
06-06-2008, 01:44 PM
We were told that a rebuild of the game was comming. He may be in the process of that right now. I so cant wait to see if it is true

Thank you so much for your quick response :thumbsup2 Guess I will head off to the Drs and hopefully when I get home it will be up and working :wizard:

Dashzap
06-06-2008, 01:45 PM
It is working right now.

Tiggerholic
06-06-2008, 01:48 PM
It is working right now.

Grrrr .... wonder why nothing is showing up for me :confused3

DaffyPluto
06-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Please check the bottom of the original post.

aengus
06-06-2008, 09:45 PM
woot seelow took 3rd in a race? sweet!

DaffyPluto
06-06-2008, 09:57 PM
woot seelow took 3rd in a race? sweet!

lol i am surprised it did not say how many time i got beat up boxing. I know i have to have that record!

OctoPie
06-07-2008, 02:35 AM
How do I earn SoBucks even if I have a job?

DaffyPluto
06-07-2008, 08:17 AM
How do I earn SoBucks even if I have a job?

To get bucks if your not a subscriber you need to catch bugs and sell them to a subscriber, they in turn can then use the money they get to buy you things. If you have a job and are not a subscriber, you only earn experience points and no sobucks.

The best way to do it is to sell red bugs, they are worth 4 bucks each, so eat the rest of them and keep the red to sell. Know this bugs die, so if you have them more than 3 days they are no longer alive and are worthless

DaffyPluto
06-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Direct to you from the SocioTown Board

All shops in SocioTown have either been restocked or have new items.

Enjoy! :)

Tiggerholic
06-11-2008, 10:17 PM
To get bucks if your not a subscriber you need to catch bugs and sell them to a subscriber, they in turn can then use the money they get to buy you things. If you have a job and are not a subscriber, you only earn experience points and no sobucks.

The best way to do it is to sell red bugs, they are worth 4 bucks each, so eat the rest of them and keep the red to sell. Know this bugs die, so if you have them more than 3 days they are no longer alive and are worthless

How do you catch bugs without a net :confused3 Also, is there a "sticky" or anyone that is willing to help with the missions? I am on my OLD laptop, in the hospital, using dial-up, and getting very frustrated trying to find places.

Goofy05
06-11-2008, 10:35 PM
How do you catch bugs without a net :confused3 Also, is there a "sticky" or anyone that is willing to help with the missions? I am on my OLD laptop, in the hospital, using dial-up, and getting very frustrated trying to find places.

You have to have a net. It's the fourth, and so far, last mission you get. Pretty simple, really.
Have you visited with your sponsor yet? Go to see him and get a mission. If you click on yourself, you can bring up a menu on the top right of your screen. Click the globe and you'll see a map. Destinations you need for missions is usually flagged on your map. Anytime you need help with a mission or have any questions, get to the town park and I'm sure you'll find a vmker more than willing to help you. You'll probably need to use your map often, for your first few missions. After that, you will know the layout of the town.
HTH

DaffyPluto
06-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Bump for the new Journal, check the bottom of the OP.

Tiggerholic
06-14-2008, 05:02 PM

Lyn

I finally figured out that I needed to download Adobe Shockwave Player, or at least I *thought* that was the problem. When the larger browser window opens I get "Adobe Shockwave Player in installing" and it gives me a little bar showing the status of the installation of "compatibility components." Meanwhile, after the status bar is complete and ... everything just sits there and hiding behind my browser is a little error message:

Could not load the DLL library C:\WINNT\system32\Kernel32.dll (GetSystemWow64DirectoryA). The specified procedure could not be found.

I have NO CLUE what this error message means, but thought maybe the whole thing was not compatible with Firefox, so I tried using IE and that locked up EVERY TIME I entered Sociotown.com in the www field :badpc:

Any computer geeks out there ?????? PLEASE do not take my question/plea for help as derogatory at all :flower3: I highly respect everyone who knows how to get around a computer, let alone is able to figure out problems:rotfl:

Any help is GREATLY appreciated :goodvibes

Lyn
TiDoubleGer

See.low
06-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Any help is GREATLY appreciated :goodvibes

When I was having "technical difficulties" I contacted Chris Evans through the Sociotown forums. He is the game creator and he was really good about emailing me back. We exchanged emails a few times until we got the problem worked out. Now I'm able to get back on. I think he's your best bet. :)

DaffyPluto
06-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Seems we have been added a new feature for room owners. It is a boot button that does exactly what the video shows. OMG how many times I wished I had this feature in VMK.

Enjoy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1edE8vpTh8Y

TLinden16
06-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Seems we have been added a new feature for room owners. It is a boot button that does exactly what the video shows. OMG how many times I wished I had this feature in VMK.

Enjoy,

Oh wow. that's awesome. I want to try it.

AmberDaze
06-16-2008, 12:08 PM

Enjoy,

This is the funniest thing...thanks so much for posting ROFL!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

BriarRosie
06-16-2008, 01:29 PM

Enjoy,

Oh wow. that's awesome. I want to try it.

Heheh. I have tried it out, last night. Many, MANY times.

Sometimes the player doesn't fully boot out of the room, hanging upside down and wiggling around. I posted a pic on the ST forums. When I get home later I'll share it here.

The 3 new ways to boot NEVER get old, and the cartoony sound effects are hilarious.

aengus
06-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Now that is awesome!!!! :rotfl:

Goofy05
06-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Haha! I want that! LOL Hilarous!

threeboysmom
06-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Oh my gosh, how cool is that???!!!

Makes me almost want to join SocioTown just for that BOOT button! Wow, the fun I could have with that thing (hehe) :woohoo:

aengus
06-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Oh my gosh, how cool is that???!!!

Makes me almost want to join SocioTown just for that BOOT button! Wow, the fun I could have with that thing (hehe) :woohoo:

you wouldnt do that to me tho right? :confused3

Mamacita
06-16-2008, 06:25 PM
I would have paid good money to have that feature on vmk, talk about stress relief...
:hippie: Mamacita

threeboysmom
06-16-2008, 06:34 PM
you wouldnt do that to me tho right? :confused3

Oh, of course not :rolleyes1

threeboysmom
06-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I would have paid good money to have that feature on vmk, talk about stress relief...
:hippie: Mamacita

Heh, we'd be inviting every rude person we could find to our rooms just so we could use that amazing boot feature.

Oh my gosh, SOOOOOOO GLAD the hosts didn't have that on VMK! :rotfl2:

BriarRosie
06-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Ok, here's a pic of what happens when someone is "stuck" after you tried to boot. I saw him wiggling around from the other side of the wall and went to investigate.

I wish I could show you the arm flailing, but this should be sufficiently funny enough:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/BriarRosie/punchbug.jpg

The great part is, you boot someone out, they get tossed out on the doorstep outside your apartment building. They can come back after a minute for more abuse! :laughing:

jazstar87
06-17-2008, 01:46 PM
aww poor goofy... I know you want new furniture, briar, but I don't think you had to take such drastic measure by throwing somebody into the ceiling to make them a chandelier xD

TLinden16
06-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Ok, here's a pic of what happens when someone is "stuck" after you tried to boot. I saw him wiggling around from the other side of the wall and went to investigate.

I wish I could show you the arm flailing, but this should be sufficiently funny enough:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/BriarRosie/punchbug.jpg

The great part is, you boot someone out, they get tossed out on the doorstep outside your apartment building. They can come back after a minute for more abuse! :laughing:

Briar, it looks like he is doing a flip off your bed. hehe.

Aengus, Pink might not use the boot button on you, but I totally would.

When you boot someone out, where do they go?

jazstar87
06-17-2008, 06:47 PM

They go outside the apartment buildings door... Briar said it under her picture...

I like watching people being booted, it is almost good as watching the drama in the plaza popcorn::

BriarRosie
06-17-2008, 09:09 PM
aww poor goofy... I know you want new furniture, briar, but I don't think you had to take such drastic measure by throwing somebody into the ceiling to make them a chandelier xD

I had way too much fun tossing you by the ankles or punching you out, too. LOL!

Briar, it looks like he is doing a flip off your bed. hehe.

Aengus, Pink might not use the boot button on you, but I totally would.

You get tossed outside the building, but you can re-enter, much to my enjoyment of the boot feature. :stir:

aengus
06-17-2008, 09:13 PM

You get tossed outside the building, but you can re-enter, much to my enjoyment of the boot feature. :stir:

heh you know what? First thoughts would be, why can the person come back in? but your right, shoot, I bet you hope they come back

See now this is why even though I am in love with smallworlds, I would never give up on socio. Chris has a sense of style ROFL

jazstar87
06-17-2008, 09:56 PM

I am just happy I didn't become part of your room decor

BriarRosie
06-17-2008, 10:03 PM
heh you know what? First thoughts would be, why can the person come back in? but your right, shoot, I bet you hope they come back

See now this is why even though I am in love with smallworlds, I would never give up on socio. Chris has a sense of style ROFL

That he does! I really enjoy Chris's sense of humor. :goodvibes

I am just happy I didn't become part of your room decor

Aww, Patches. I would have enjoyed having you as a new chandelier! ;)

threeboysmom
06-18-2008, 08:05 AM
Can someone swing Aengus by the ankles and snap a screenshot for me please? (hehe... need to be amused somehow here...)

aengus
06-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Can someone swing Aengus by the ankles and snap a screenshot for me please? (hehe... need to be amused somehow here...)

I am boot proof!

threeboysmom
06-18-2008, 12:51 PM
I am boot proof!

Prove him wrong? :rolleyes1

cyre
06-21-2008, 11:38 AM
haha look who got fashion spotlight for the week!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/xtcyre/fashion.jpg

aengus
06-21-2008, 11:45 AM
haha look who got fashion spotlight for the week!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/xtcyre/fashion.jpg

woot lava! Gosh who would have thought you would be wearing purple? :)

cyre
06-21-2008, 11:51 AM
woot lava! Gosh who would have thought you would be wearing purple? :)

gee i don't know... :rolleyes1 i guess they realized how cool purple really is... :rotfl:

DaffyPluto
06-21-2008, 03:02 PM
I added the new Journal for the week at the bottom of the OP.

There were a couple honorable mentions in there this week for us Dis'ers

Of course Cyre was rocking the purple for this weeks Fashion Spotlight.

I got in there for the Lobby that I decorated.

Then more on a subtle note, check the Adventures of SocioTown cartoon. Well IDK, but I would say those two girls remind me of a couple of our Dis girls I know. :rotfl: :rotfl2:

BriarRosie
06-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Then more on a subtle note, check the Adventures of SocioTown cartoon. Well IDK, but I would say those two girls remind me of a couple of our Dis girls I know. :rotfl: :rotfl2:

When I saw that comic strip, I nearly fell over laughing. Yes, that would describe me completely! Last weekend I went to the store first thing when it opened so I wouldn't miss out on any sold out items. :rotfl2:

KrazyPete
06-23-2008, 03:21 PM
So I got my first job at the Burger Despot. Apparently "working" just means you're not doing anything else for 2 hours. But whenever my shift is over I see that that my boss and the customers think that my job performance is abysmal. Am I missing something?

Goofy05
06-23-2008, 04:11 PM
So I got my first job at the Burger Despot. Apparently "working" just means you're not doing anything else for 2 hours. But whenever my shift is over I see that that my boss and the customers think that my job performance is abysmal. Am I missing something?

Hah! That's me, too! Check your stats. You're probably really low on health, hunger and whatever it is jogging increases...heh. So, eat and jog and your work performance should get much better.

KrazyPete
06-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Hah! That's me, too! Check your stats. You're probably really low on health, hunger and whatever it is jogging increases...heh. So, eat and jog and your work performance should get much better.

Thanks. What do I eat? I'm homeless! The only thing I have are the bugs!

Goofy05
06-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks. What do I eat? I'm homeless! The only thing I have are the bugs!

Heh, you answered your own question! lol Unless you can sweet-talk one of the PRs into a burger and lemonade... ;)

cyre
06-26-2008, 10:12 AM
heh i'm so gonna get evicted soon. I dont have enough $ for my rent LOL.

hmm bug catching for me tonight i guess.