PDA

View Full Version : Never thought I'd buy this....

mickeymaker2003
05-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Our 12 year old fridge was holding steady at a balmy 64 degrees today. Since we didn't want to pay for a service call and likely expensive repair, we decided it was time to buy a new one (we knew a new one was going to be needed sooner or later), we actually were going to buy one a few months ago, but decided to wait because it was still working. We got to Best Buy 10 minutes before they closed ( we tried to fix the old fridge first). This is what they will be delivering tomorrow.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8500311&productCategoryId=abcat0901005&type=product&tab=1&id=1186004731263#productdetail

It was the slightly dented display model. Every time I walked past it at Best Buy in the past, I have pointed to this fridge and laughed at it (literally). It has been a topic of amusement for my husband and his co-workers. Who actually buys a fridge with a HDTV on the door???? Well, it turns out my husband does (if it is discounted to almost 1/2 price). I tried to convince him to buy the $550 (clearanced from $1100) very basic plain fridge that was discontinued and was not on display in the store, but they supposedly had one left in the warehouse. We couldn't find the dimensions of it. The sales lady was willing to take it back with no fee if it didn't fit in the space. My husband wouldn't go for it. So, we ended up buying the one we have been laughing at for a year.... Hopefully, I didn't hurt it's feelings and it will behave for me for a long time. Now we can watch Disney movies on the fridge:rotfl2: I found it very ironic and just wanted to share...

Has anyone else bought something they were sure they'd never buy?

Dancemom03
05-26-2008, 11:06 PM
I've seen those and laughed too.
Always makes me wonder if I'd end up leaving the door open so I could watch my soaps while cooking or even loading the dishwasher. Since the screen won't turn as I move around the kitchen, I suspect I'd be improvising and have a much higher electric bill to show for it - or get even less done from stopping all the time to watch way too many music videos playing on the fridge door...:rolleyes1

TexasTodds
05-27-2008, 06:28 AM
I'm jealous!! I have a TV in my kitchen, but I don't have cable, so the channels are a little limited. I know I must have many things I never thought I would purchase, but I just can't think of them at the moment. I'll try to edit it in later!

Todd&Copper
05-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Nice!

We only have 2 TV's in the house and none in the kitchen or dining room. DH is not big on TV. I'm sure I'd watch "trash TV" or sitcom reruns while preparing dinner if I had one of these.

Chris
05-27-2008, 07:28 AM
Nice fridge! :)
I purchased a ROOMBA which I always said I didn't need, I'm a vacuum queen though and apparently "had" to have it!!

ExPirateShopGirl
05-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Has anyone else bought something they were sure they'd never buy?

Years ago we moved to Hawaii. Every day I had to commute around the island to get into Honolulu to work. On the way home each night there would be a guy parked on the side of the road selling all kinds of fish out of a cooler in the back of his rusty pick-up and I would think to myself, "WTH would buy fish from the back of a guy's pick-up?" until the day I drove by and saw my then-DH buying fish....

:lmao:

Stucas
05-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Years ago we moved to Hawaii. Every day I had to commute around the island to get into Honolulu to work. On the way home each night there would be a guy parked on the side of the road selling all kinds of fish out of a cooler in the back of his rusty pick-up and I would think to myself, "WTH would buy fish from the back of a guy's pick-up?" until the day I drove by and saw my then-DH buying fish....

:lmao:

:crazy2: ewww. I can see my Dfi doing that.......:confused3

-Lauren

LSchrow
05-27-2008, 09:42 AM
kind of like how we wound up with a pinball machine.:rolleyes1
both DH & i played pinball at clubs (before even meeting, while dating, & after married), but thought of them as a bar thing, not really for in homes (except for huuuuuuuuge homes with no less than 20 rooms, including large theater rooms, full libraries, etc).
about 20 years ago, we passed by a yard sale with a sign say "bar games inside", & by the end of the day had one in our home (same game that i held an area record on, btw :banana: ).

it's pretty old, but works well (btw, older pinball games are much easier to fix & maintain b/c they have less electronics that you would need an "expert" for). and we can't imagine not having a pinball machine now...it gets almost everyday use, as well as being a huge hit at parties.

who would've thunk :confused3

Mrs.Reese
05-27-2008, 08:50 PM
That's like our pool table. In-laws neighbor house was being foreclosed. He was selling everything and I do mean everything (appliances, carpet, draperies, the hot water heater) He had a great pool table and who puts a pool table in a house with 1140 sq. ft.?