PDA

View Full Version : Financial Guru Marathons Today

aka-mad4themouse
05-26-2008, 06:47 AM
Fox Business News Network is running a Memorial Day D.R. Marathon.

I confess that I don't listen to him on the radio nor do I read his books. But since I've seen him mentioned repeatedly on this forum, I felt the need to educate myself. So, I'm watching him now. He does bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm to his message. I can see why so many people are on board with him.

Later today, CNBC will have a Suze Orman Marathon. I really like her "Can I Afford It?" segments.

So, go out and enjoy your local parades and honor the men and women who serve our nation. And set your Tivo/DVR for later viewing.

dvcgirl
05-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Yeah, I see him on now....they're showing one of his Total Money Makeover Live Events. I agree aka...he is a good motivator. He's on Baby Step 4 now....retirement savings, and this is where he is a bit overly ambitious in his estimates in my opinion.

I actually heard a podcast recently by a financial planner called "Dave Ramsey, financial planner or charlatan" This planner concluded that he surely wasn't a charlatan, but that he analyzed his investment choices and found them to be very risky, especially for an older person. And he also concluded that having an expectation of 12% per year and withdrawing 8% are way off...

Love his overall message though.