PDA

View Full Version : Looking for October Photopass

JackJack08
05-25-2008, 07:56 AM
Please, anyone wanting or already looking for someone for an October photopass?? I will be going around the 3rd week. :banana: PM me! Thanks........

JackJack08
05-26-2008, 07:53 PM
No one?? :confused3 :confused3

Scambone
05-26-2008, 08:13 PM
We might be going at the same time if I can talk my dad into going *pokes dad with a stick*

Melissa
05-27-2008, 05:47 AM
I'm looking too, I don't really want to be the leader but if all else fails I'd consider it.

Aurora410
05-27-2008, 03:36 PM
I was considering maybe setting up a share. I don't have experience with it, but if I did a share, I would like to be in charge. ;)

Scambone
05-27-2008, 04:28 PM
I was considering maybe setting up a share. I don't have experience with it, but if I did a share, I would like to be in charge. ;)

you're my hero for that. *continues to poke dad with a stick* Only if my parents would decide to go or not. jeeze

Melissa
05-27-2008, 06:13 PM
If you decide to do it let me know, I have been a participant in one and it was great!

kritter
05-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Me too we are going in early Oct..>!!!!!!!!!!!

JackJack08
05-27-2008, 09:02 PM
If anyone would want to set one up, I'm in!! I am technically challenged, so there is no way that I can do it.:confused3 Sad, I know!

JackJack08
05-27-2008, 09:04 PM
you're my hero for that. *continues to poke dad with a stick* Only if my parents would decide to go or not. jeeze

Tell him life is short. If you can go, then go. Period. You never know.....:worried:

dragonflymom
05-29-2008, 02:35 AM
We will be at WDW from Oct. 5 through Oct. 12 and would love to join a Photopass share. Please let me know if we have a quorum...

Thanks!

chris4disney
05-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Hello fellow October travelers! If you are still looking for someone to lead a photopass group for October, I will! I've lead two other photopass groups in the past (Oct. 07, Jan. 08) so I've got a pretty good handle on what works best. Let me know! :goodvibes I have found that 6 people is probably the limit that I'd want in a group. So the first 5 people to PM me are welcome to join me and then we'll work out the details once the group is full. I will be traveling Oct. 25-Nov. 1 and I'd prefer to be one of the latest travelers in the group. So basically I'm looking for people who are traveling anytime in October.

If I preorder the CD it will cost $100. (about $17 per person) plus I add $5 per person to cover the cost of blank CD's & shipping. So if we have 6 people in the group it should cost $23 per person. I take payment by paypal only and asked to be paid a month prior to October. Since I will be paying the $100 in advance, I just like to make sure people are committed to the group by paying upfront. It's only fair to the rest of the group.

I am at work today, so bear with me if I don't get back to you until late tonight or tomorrow.

thanks! :cutie:

UPDATED: As of 5/29/08 @ 10:00pm my group is full! Thanks everyone!!

Sgt.Tibbs
05-29-2008, 07:37 AM
chris4disney I PM'd you. I am also interested in a photo pass share and will be traveling about the same time as you..10/26-11/1.

dragonflymom
05-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Chris4disney, thanks for offering to lead. I just sent you a PM. My travel date is Oct. 5 - Oct. 12. I'm flexible on upload dates so that the last group to travel can be accommodated.

chris4disney
05-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Hello fellow October travelers! If you are still looking for someone to lead a photopass group for October, I will! I've lead two other photopass groups in the past (Oct. 07, Jan. 08) so I've got a pretty good handle on what works best. Let me know! :goodvibes I have found that 6 people is probably the limit that I'd want in a group. So the first 5 people to PM me are welcome to join me and then we'll work out the details once the group is full. I will be traveling Oct. 25-Nov. 1 and I'd prefer to be one of the latest travelers in the group. So basically I'm looking for people who are traveling anytime in October.

If I preorder the CD it will cost $100. (about $17 per person) plus I add $5 per person to cover the cost of blank CD's & shipping. So if we have 6 people in the group it should cost $23 per person. I take payment by paypal only and asked to be paid a month prior to October. Since I will be paying the $100 in advance, I just like to make sure people are committed to the group by paying upfront. It's only fair to the rest of the group.

I am at work today, so bear with me if I don't get back to you until late tonight or tomorrow.

thanks! :cutie:

UPDATED: I have 2 people in the group now. Still looking for 3 more people to share!

Enchanted_Mama
05-29-2008, 10:38 AM
I can't figure out the PM thing, but I am interested. My travel dates are 10/26 - 10/30.

IlovemythreeC's
05-29-2008, 10:40 AM
My friend and I are interested. We will be there from 10/18 - 10/26. I participated on one in December and really enjoyed it.

extremesoccermom
05-29-2008, 10:44 AM
I PM'd you. This will be my first time but I have been watching other threads about this and would love to be included.
:yay:

chris4disney
05-29-2008, 11:35 AM
I can't figure out the PM thing, but I am interested. My travel dates are 10/26 - 10/30.

My friend and I are interested. We will be there from 10/18 - 10/26. I participated on one in December and really enjoyed it.

Got you both on board! That fills my group up with 7 families sharing! Thanks everyone! I'll be in touch with all the details soon. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions. :goodvibes

Here's the group:
chris4disney *leader*
Sgt.Tibbs
dragonflymom
extremesoccermom
Enchanted Mama
IlovemythreeC's (two families)

If anyone else responds to my post... sorry. My group is full.

IlovemythreeC's
05-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Dear Chris4disney,

Yeah! I am so excited to do another share. Oh, I should have mentioned that the friend that I am talking about is coming with her family as well. So we would actually be 2 different families. Do you have room for her also?

Thanks so much!

Stephaniecmc
05-29-2008, 12:19 PM
I am looking for an October Photopass to share. Is there anyone else who's taking lead for October?

chris4disney
05-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Dear Chris4disney,

Yeah! I am so excited to do another share. Oh, I should have mentioned that the friend that I am talking about is coming with her family as well. So we would actually be 2 different families. Do you have room for her also?

Thanks so much!

Yes, that's fine. I actually had 7 families in my last two share groups. It works and it costs less per person. The only reason I thought of cutting it down to 6 families this time is because when you have that many pictures in the account it can take longer to sort through the photos and edit them (adding borders, etc). But I'm fine with adding another family! :hug: No problem.

IlovemythreeC's
05-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Yes, that's fine. I actually had 7 families in my last two share groups. It works and it costs less per person. The only reason I thought of cutting it down to 6 families this time is because when you have that many pictures in the account it can take longer to sort through the photos and edit them (adding borders, etc). But I'm fine with adding another family! :hug: No problem.

Thanks so much- I am really looking forward to this and happy to help in anyway that I can:)

tnkr_bell
05-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Well I just PM'd you, but then I read page 2. :rotfl2: I guess if you have anybody that drops out could you let me know. Thanks.

Stephaniecmc
05-29-2008, 03:15 PM
I'd be interested in sharing with you.

tggrbuny
05-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi. I am interested in being in a group. Perhaps we can form a second one. :goodvibes

I was a leader in January...it is really not hard if someone wants to volunteer. I can't lead again, still dealing with health issues and don't want to delay anyone.:thumbsup2

We are going 10/12 thru 10/19.

JackJack08
05-31-2008, 10:05 PM
Hi. I am interested in being in a group. Perhaps we can form a second one. :goodvibes

I was a leader in January...it is really not hard if someone wants to volunteer. I can't lead again, still dealing with health issues and don't want to delay anyone.:thumbsup2

We are going 10/12 thru 10/19.

We do need another group! I am the OP and I was offline for a day or so and one got formed without me!!:confused3 Oh well..... I can't lead either though. I think that would be a disaster! (I'm not very technical....more of the artsy type!) If anyone wants to start one, please let me know!!:)

irish dancer
05-31-2008, 10:35 PM
We're going 10/4-12 and would love to find a group to share with. I've never done it so I would rather not lead. I always manage to find a thread once the group is full.

If someone puts one together for early Oct count me in.

Stephaniecmc
06-01-2008, 06:11 AM
There is another October photopass forming now! Tnkr_bell is working on it and will post info very soon! Hope that helps, we'll be there from 10/12-10/16.

Stephanie

kritter
06-01-2008, 07:33 AM
I'm still interested in sharing too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!

ghoulishgirl
06-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Also looking! October 7-15 are my dates!

tnkr_bell
06-01-2008, 10:31 AM
tggrbuny, Jack Jack 08, irish dancer, & kritter:

I sent you all PM's, but thought I would post here also. I am setting up a Photopass share for Oct., but have never done one before. I have had a couple people offer to help and will probably take them up on it. :) I have no problem leading the group, just bare with me as I learn hopefully the easiest way to do this.

gholishgirl...you are welcome to join also. I tried to send you a PM and it didn't seem to be working. I will try again here soon and see if I can get one sent.

Anyway, if all of you are interested that will make 7 including me and Stephaniecmc so I think that should make a good size group. Feel free to PM me if you are still interested and we can maybe exchange email address.

Lynn

Stephaniecmc
06-01-2008, 03:30 PM

I sent you all PM's, but thought I would post here also. I am setting up a Photopass share for Oct., but have never done one before. I have had a couple people offer to help and will probably take them up on it. :) I have no problem leading the group, just bare with me as I learn hopefully the easiest way to do this.

gholishgirl...you are welcome to join also. I tried to send you a PM and it didn't seem to be working. I will try again here soon and see if I can get one sent.

Anyway, if all of you are interested that will make 7 including me and Stephaniecmc so I think that should make a good size group. Feel free to PM me if you are still interested and we can maybe exchange email address.

Lynn

Thanks so much for taking the lead! Can't wait to see all of our photos.

Steph

meagansmomtoo
06-01-2008, 05:29 PM
I would be interested in a photopass share is October, we are going Oct 4-11. Looks like all of these shares are full, if anyone else sets one up please PM me.
I certainally can't lead as I have never done photopass before.

Shelley

Redwitch
06-01-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm interested in an October share as well. I'm midway through my first share, so I not sure about leading. If I can get my daughter to commit to helping, then maybe. (She's the computer geek!)

We go October 18 - 28. If anyone knows of a different share, please PM me. Thanks!

Redwitch
06-02-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm bumping this up as I think there was another thread with people looking for an October (perhaps even our OP!) photopass share.

poohbear8
06-02-2008, 07:56 PM
If a third share opens up, I am interested also. We will be there Oct. 9-17. Please send a PM. I don't have a lot of extra time to search the boards right now. Thanks!

Melissa
06-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I am willing to do one I PM'd the 3 people above who are still looking, I'll do a separate thread with the details and to find a couple more people in the next day or so.

Tink2000
06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
I am also looking for an Oct. photo pass. I am looking for dates Oct. 19-26. Please let me know if you happen to have these dates available.

Thanks

vafarmmom
06-02-2008, 11:13 PM
I am looking too! I have missed the boat several times now. My dates are sept 15-oct 5 (give or take - no flight booked yet). I am flexiable on when I upload. I am a single mom, so it would be fun to have pics of ds and me together for a change! Let me know if I can join a group.

Thanks

chris4disney
06-03-2008, 07:20 AM

Lynn

Lynn,
I recently PM'd all the people in the group that I am organizing the basics of sharing a photopass account. I thought I would copy the instructions here for you to use in your group since you've never done this before. Hope this helps!! FYI... there are dates listed that refer to my groups travel dates. You would need to adjust those for your groups dates.

Chrissy :goodvibes

1.) Before anyone leaves for their trip, I will create our group's account on Disney's photopass website www.disneyphotopass.com.

2.) I will pre-order our groups photopass CD ahead of time.

3.) Our first person is leaving for WDW on Oct. 5th. I will need payment from everyone by Sept. 5th. I ask for payment in advance for two reasons... 1.) so that I know you are committed to the group and 2.) I am paying for the $100 CD in advance.

Cost per person: The CD is $100. I divide that by the 7 families, plus add approxmately $5.00 per family for the cost of blank CD's & shipping. So each family will owe me $20 and can send it to my paypal account.

4.) Once I receive your payment I will email you the log in username and password to our photopass account that I created ahead of time. Try logging into it before you go on your trip so you know it works for you.

5.) Go on your trip! Get lots of photos taken by the photopass photograhpers. When you get your first picture taken they will give you a card with a special number on the back. Keep that card with you.

6.) When you return home, log into the account that I created. DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT!!! Enter in the number on the back of your photopass card(s). Your photos will appear there for you to edit, crop, add borders, etc.

Unless you are the first person in our group to upload photos, there will already be photos in the account. Do not delete or edit them. They are the photos of other people in the group.

7.) Once everyone has upload and edited their photos I will order the CD and have it shipped to me.

8.) I will make a copy of your family's photos on a blank CD and mail it to you. Along with a copy of the copy release file. You will need this if you decide to take your CD to Walmart, Sam's Club, etc to get prints made.