PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant.com questions

pperfectmom
05-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey, do any of ya'll use restaurant.com? I know it's been mentioned a couple times on the freebie board. I've looked a couple of times and there are never any restaurants in my area to use them. Well, I noticed on coke rewards that you can get a $25 gift certificate for 250 points so I decided to look again. There are some places in the Orlando area that we could use on an upcoming trip to save money but I have some questions. When you get the certificates from there how long before they expire? Also, the coke rewards is for a $25 certificate for restaurant.com so does that mean you use that to purchase certificates for the individual restaurant from there? On the site they show that you can get a $25 cert. for $10. So can I get $50+ with my coke reward.:confused3 Does this make sense to anyone? If so, please explain how it works to me.:rotfl2:

travelgirl06
05-23-2008, 04:44 PM
I haven't looked at Coke Rewards, but most of the promos I have seen offering a free $25 gift certificate let you pick one of the $25 gift certificates from restaurant.com (that would normally cost $10.00). So, with one $25 Coke reward you would most likely get 1 $25 gift certificate...

The certificates say they expire 1 year from the date of issue (except where prohibited by law).

These are a pretty good deal, and I have had excellent luck with them, but be sure to read the fine print (its all available before you purchase) to make sure they work on the days you want, meal you want, that the party size suits you, etc. I also like to check out the menus just to make sure the restaurant will be a deal with the certificate (a $25 gift card only goes so far...).

They "restock" certificates at the beginning of each month, and the certificate price drops as the month goes on (they always "cost" $10, but they email out X% off promo codes on a regular basis, the best promo I have seen is 70% off).

cndij
05-23-2008, 05:46 PM
I've used these locally for restaurants we like or have been wanting to try out. (usually buy them with a 50-60% off coupon code though). However I am not familiar with the ones for the Orlando area. Anyone have suggestions on which ones would be worthwhile to get for that area? I have checked chowhound and egullet and haven't seen any recommendations for the ones I am seeing in Orlando/Kissimmee area.
Thanks
Cindi

mountdew1
05-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Definitely read the fine print on the site before buying the gift certificate. Many of them specify that they are valid for lunch only, or for Sun-Thurs only. Stuff like that. Typically there is a minimum purchase required, either money wise or entree wise. You can definitely make em worth while, just make sure you know all the little details beforehand.

Hedy
05-23-2008, 08:08 PM
You might want to check names of restaurants with the budget boarders. IIRC, there was an issue with a restaurant (I want to say Giordano's) in Orlando not taking the gc last year.

I've used one at a local restaurant, and I'm using two in my memorial day travels. :teeth: