PDA

View Full Version : **Lana (Ellebren) & Michael's VR PJ**September**Food Photos posted**BEO of Doom**

ElleBren
05-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Hello!

After posting occasionally I thought I would join the group and start my own planning journal. So I guess I should give the background on the two of us first.

The Beginning
In 2006 I had just finished my Bachelor's degree in production and was starting to work on some Television shows. It was a lot of fun. I started day playing on Law & Order, Sopranos, and some independent films. In August I finally got a staff job on a show that no one has probably heard of 3 LBS. It was a pretty good show and I really had lots of fun. That is where I met my DH. I was a production assistant and he was the best boy electrician. We started dating in september. Then in November we found out that we were expecting. Not exactly how we wanted it, but we were/are very happy.

Instead of having a wedding while I was pregnant we decided to wait our 1st anniversary. So we got married June 7, 2007. Then our beautiful daughter Cate was born July 7, 2007. The last year has flown by. In January we were throwing around ideas of having a wedding and since my family was in Florida and I absolutely love Disney I didn't really hesitate.

We then changed the date because it would be really hot in June so now we are getting re married September 20, 2008.

Wow that took longer than expected. I'll be back later to continue on our actual planning.

Lana

lov2b@disney
05-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Congrats on your daughter ! Looking forward to hearing all your plans!

Goldeelox9
05-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Hello!

After posting occasionally I thought I would join the group and start my own planning journal. So I guess I should give the background on the two of us first.

The Beginning
In 2006 I had just finished my Bachelor's degree in production and was starting to work on some Television shows. It was a lot of fun. I started day playing on Law & Order, Sopranos, and some independent films. In August I finally got a staff job on a show that no one has probably heard of 3 LBS. It was a pretty good show and I really had lots of fun. That is where I met my DH. I was a production assistant and he was the best boy electrician. We started dating in september. Then in November we found out that we were expecting. Not exactly how we wanted it, but we were/are very happy.

Instead of having a wedding while I was pregnant we decided to wait our 1st anniversary. So we got married June 7, 2007. Then our beautiful daughter Cate was born July 7, 2007. The last year has flown by. In January we were throwing around ideas of having a wedding and since my family was in Florida and I absolutely love Disney I didn't really hesitate.

We then changed the date because it would be really hot in June so now we are getting re married September 20, 2008.

Wow that took longer than expected. I'll be back later to continue on our actual planning.

Lana

Welcome....I have heard about it....It was about the brain right?

ElleBren
05-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Welcome....I have heard about it....It was about the brain right?

Yes it was it aired about 3 or 4 episodes around Dec 2006. Stanley Tucci was in it. I personally liked it, but hey it would have given us more work if it would have gotten picked up.

Lana

newyearsbride
05-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Welcome! Your daughter is beautiful! Can't wait to read more!

ElleBren
05-23-2008, 08:09 PM
The Plans

OK so far I have these things planned

Reception: GF convention center

Wedding colors: Brown & Pink
I love pink and I thought since its september and fallish brown would work.

There is so much more I need to plan. I think most of it will be decided when I go to my planning session June 6th. I'm so excited about it! Actually really happy about eating all that cake. I've been on a diet forever. In October 2005 I decided to lose weight, I ended up losing about 45 pounds. I was really happy at where I was. Then in 2006 I got pregnant and started gaining it back. Now I'm down 25 pounds, but not to where I want to be.

Other than that I had what I could call the most horrible time finding my dress. Since I had not lost the weight I had wanted to I waited a little bit to start looking at a dress. I have never really enjoyed shopping for clothes because of my size so now that I was back up I really didn't want to go shopping. Finally I started looking. From the first store every sales woman was like "oh don't you know you are too late to look for a dress?" It really depressed me that none of them were helpful at all. I had hoped looking for a dress would have been so much more fun.

Finally at a second trip to David's bridal I found the dress I liked. From the picture in the magazine I was so-so. However I tried it on anyway. WEll after looking in the mirror I know it was the one. I just felt good in it and I loved the way it looked on. Here's a photo. Also I don't like the look of my arms so I wanted a little jacket, imagine the red jacket in chocolate brown.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/DSCN0492.jpg

I have to find my MOH dress for my sister. I know again with the time constraints. I have to keep looking.

I am looking at these adorable shoes on ebay.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/fcf4_1.jpg

I also got my veil on ebay and should get it soon!

Oh and here is a photo of my DH and l'il Bren
we were at the mall and rode the carousel
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/DSCN0487.jpg

accountingbabe08
05-23-2008, 08:46 PM
what a sweetie...she is precious. Looking forward to reading more of your plans.

popcorn::

IndyBride
05-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Your daughter looks so sweet! Looking forward to hearing the rest of your plans.

jennifaerie
05-24-2008, 10:08 AM
I watched that show!

*Love* the Mary Janes, and I love the dress (I'm a big pick-up fan). I love the color scheme too. Great contrast.

Cate is a doll. :)

We're getting married the same weekend!

I'm really looking forward to reading more.

ElleBren
05-24-2008, 11:48 AM
It's great to see that some people have heard of that show. I realized that I didn't talk about how he proposed. It was so sweet and I really never saw it coming. We had gone looking at rings but that was about it. Then one night his cousin was in NYC and wanted to meet for dinner. I was up for it so we were getting ready and he asked me if I didn't mind taking the ferry over rather than drive since it would be easier to park there than in the city. It made sense to me, I mean I hate trying to find a spot in the city and I abhor paying for parking.

We go over and meet up with his cousin and have dinner at Shula's on 8th ave. I love that restaurant. Best food! So we finish and say goodbye to his cousin and start back to the ferry. When we got there not many people were waiting. We were down on the dock and since it was cold he was hugging me. Well he reaches for something in his pocket, I though his cousin was calling him to see if we made it to the ferry but he pulled out my ring! He whispered in my ear "Marry me & make me the happiest man alive". I was so happy and was just like "yes yes yes". I really don't remember the rest of the ride. Once we got home I called my mom and sister to tell them. I really don't know how he made it through the entire dinner with the ring.

Now since I have my dress I have to focus on my sister's dress. She is loke size negative 0 so its easy to get her a dress. I like this dress in pink with brown for the trim. If I don't find anything else soon, I might just go with this one.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/B1307_t.jpg

I've also started looking at hair styles and I'm not sure which one I like
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/AAAAAnAccfIAAAAAADxG9g.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/wed2-1.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/wedding_hairstyles-727263.jpg

Does anyone like one best?

jennifaerie
05-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Ooh, ooh, ooh, I love the third the best! I like how it's loose and romantic, and yet classy at the same time. It's beautiful. You could take all three of them and work them in together, though.

I also think the dress you picked for your sister is great. The pink/chocolate would be great; vice versa would be too.

ElleBren
05-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Yay I won My shoes on ebay! I hope they fit! I have to say ebay is the best way to go for all wedding things!

jennifaerie
05-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Hey, congratulations! You are so right about eBay. I've bought most of my things from there. They're always brand new, but a fraction of the price the stores charge.

ElleBren
05-27-2008, 07:05 PM
I really think I might go with a cross between 2 & 3. And I was on ebay looking for some sort of headband. I haven't found anything so I am going to be creative and try to make one. I'm not quite sure how that will go, but hey its fun and worse comes to worse I buy something last minute. I was really inspired by Jennifaerie's hair piece and went to Tigerlilly's site. They have this cute strand head band, only its $400 and that would make it more than my dress.

I really can't do that. I think my DH would kill me. The only problem with trying to make my own headband is that with the little beads I can't work on it until Cate goes to bed so that is only a little bit of time.

I sure hopes this works out well.

jennifaerie
05-27-2008, 07:22 PM
I'd recommend emailing Mandy and seeing if she can make you something more affordable. She *really* works with you. I was really scared about writing her because of money, but if you explain what your budget is, she'll tell you what she can do for you, and believe me when I say, she'll make it as possible for you as... possible! She's fantastic. You can mention me too when you email.

ElleBren
05-30-2008, 07:29 AM
I'd recommend emailing Mandy and seeing if she can make you something more affordable. She *really* works with you. I was really scared about writing her because of money, but if you explain what your budget is, she'll tell you what she can do for you, and believe me when I say, she'll make it as possible for you as... possible! She's fantastic. You can mention me too when you email.

I would, but I really don't want to go crazy on my accessories. I am trying to restrain myself with the spending. My little project of making my hair piece is actually going well. I think it might work. I miss doing crafty things like that, but with Cate it is becoming harder and harder as she gets more mobile.

ElleBren
05-30-2008, 07:53 AM
If you remember correctly I had one of the most horrible dress finding experiences ever. Well I come home on Wednesday and I have a new message on the phone. I listen to it. It is from Davids Bridal. I was starting to freak out until she said "Oh just to let you know your dress IS IN" I was like excuse me? My what is what? You told me that I would be lucky to get it in time for our VR. Really? Seriously? I called them back to double check that my DRESS was in fact in. They said yes and to come and pick it up.

I really wish they wouldn't have made me feel like a complete slacker and waiting until the last minute. It took them 9 days to get it. 9 days.. I went to pick up the dress and tried it on. Yay no alterations. In two months hopefully I will need to have it taken in, but that would mean I have to stay on my diet. HA like thats been going well. Oh and the only thing that did not come in was my sash. Honestly I thought that would be the first thing in, not the last.

It is exciting to have my dress home though. I am very happy that it is sitting up in my closet. The only problem is that the cover is clear and I need to get a travel bag so the DH doesn't see it when we fly because there is no way I'm checking that dress.

Now I am waiting on my shoes to get here. I think they are the cutest so I can't wait to try everything on, when DH is working of course!

29apr00
05-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Glad the dress made it so quickly!! One less thing to worry about!

jennifaerie
05-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Did you squeal? I did (well, internally, since I was at work) when I got the message. Very exciting news!

IndyBride
05-30-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm so glad the dress got her so fast for you. HMMPH! I order my dress in April and I still don't know when it's coming in. I'm super jealous! I don't think DB takes pride in service and it shows.

keenercam
05-30-2008, 02:48 PM
YAY, Lana!! I am so happy for you that your dress is in your possession! :yay: You must be so excited to be able to look at it and touch it whenever you want! :cloud9: So glad you started a planning journal. DH and DD are absolutely adorable!
Looking forward to hearing lots more!

ElleBren
05-31-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm so glad the dress got her so fast for you. HMMPH! I order my dress in April and I still don't know when it's coming in. I'm super jealous! I don't think DB takes pride in service and it shows.

I'm surprised they didn't tell you when they would have it in. When I paid for my dress they told me the last possible day they would have it in was going to be August 11. I felt better knowing that. I can't believe that they can't give you an idea of when to expect it.

YAY, Lana!! I am so happy for you that your dress is in your possession! :yay: You must be so excited to be able to look at it and touch it whenever you want! :cloud9: So glad you started a planning journal. DH and DD are absolutely adorable!
Looking forward to hearing lots more!

I am super excited that it is sitting up in the closet. I was going to be nervous if it took all the way to August to get here. I would freak about my weight and everything. Now I can try it on and not worry.

ElleBren
06-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Right now I am trying to get all of my laundry done in time for our flight tomorrow at 11am. I think I only have like 3 more loads to do. Cate is trying to help by clamping onto my leg making it harder to walk. :cutie: I'm so excited about going down for our planning session. We get there tomorrow, but we won't have our PS until friday. I guess I could visit my parents and such.

BRING ME THE CAKE!!
Yay for cake testing! Oh and all the other food too. :yay:

Only 24 Hours until we leave!!!!:banana:

jennifaerie
06-02-2008, 09:14 AM
I can't believe you leave tomorrow either! I don't think it fully clicked for me that your planning session was this week until this morning.

You're going to have a wonderful time!

ElleBren
06-02-2008, 09:46 AM
I can't believe you leave tomorrow either! I don't think it fully clicked for me that your planning session was this week until this morning.

You're going to have a wonderful time!

Thanks!

Yeah, it didn't really click for me either until I started packing and realized that I needed to wash massive mountains of clothes. Now to get them all in a suitcase and on a plane tomorrow!

accountingbabe08
06-02-2008, 10:40 AM
I hope you have a great time. Everytime I see pictures of the cake at the tasting session it makes me hungry, looks like some good cake.

jennifaerie
06-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Hope you're in Florida, having a *wonderful* time! Enjoy the days before your session just as much as the session itself! :hug:

stackyallred
06-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Just wanting to put my two cents in... I love the hairdos you are considering- they are adorable! I do like the first a lot (i love little headbands), but they are both very pretty!

ElleBren
06-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Just wanting to put my two cents in... I love the hairdos you are considering- they are adorable! I do like the first a lot (i love little headbands), but they are both very pretty!

Thanks! I do like the first two so much. I might do a cross between the two.

ElleBren
06-05-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm off to see the wizard...er um, Mickey Mouse!

We have to get up super early to drive down to Orlando. I'm trying to get ready for bed, but I'm so super excited about tomorrow. Ok I will take lots of photos and hopefully be on tomorrow night with an update..that is if I'm not so tired from the all day marathon of planning and going to dinner with the family.

jennifaerie
06-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I've been thinking of you and crossing my fingers! I know you're going to have a super time!

ElleBren
06-06-2008, 05:20 AM
I've been thinking of you and crossing my fingers! I know you're going to have a super time!

You are just the best wedding twin ever!

jennifaerie
06-06-2008, 07:44 AM
I aim to be! :hug:

ElleBren
06-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Ok so I will post more later, however I am so super sick. And I was sick at our planning session. It was lots of fun, just not so fun while being sick.

I will be back home soon and can't wait to go through everything.

jennifaerie
06-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Oh no, Lana! Feel better quickly!

accountingbabe08
06-07-2008, 07:30 PM
real soon!!!!!!!

Lynn5700
06-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Ok so I will post more later, however I am so super sick. And I was sick at our planning session. It was lots of fun, just not so fun while being sick.

I will be back home soon and can't wait to go through everything.

Hi Lana!! I hope you feel better..I got a cold 2 days before we left for our wedding lol....thank God I was better on the wedding day..I just sounded like crap lol.

Your daughter is just precious.I love your avatar picture of her..too cute!

I'm from Jersey too::yes::

ElleBren
06-08-2008, 11:35 AM
THanks for all the well wishes. I am still not better. My mom has been helping with Cate and tomorrow we leave to go back home. I kind of don't want to get because I am still feeling so bad. However I know we have to and it will be nice once we are home.

Quick note about ps..oh my gosh there was so so so much food. I knew to expect but I really couldn't. I have some food photos and other stuff. Can't wait to get home to be able to get over this cold and post my TR.

I'm from Jersey too::yes::

Where in Jersey? We are about 30 min away from NYC.

jennifaerie
06-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Take care, Lana! We can wait! :hug: :flower3:

ElleBren
06-10-2008, 08:48 PM
I am still sick, but I thought I would start my TR.

We left on Tuesday at 9am. The flight was great, we ended up with an extra seat so Cate had her own. Everything was on time, which to me is the best since I have a fear of flying. I really hate it. We spent the week at my parents house since they live about an hour north of Orlando. This trip was really about seeing my sister graduate, but I also threw in the planning session.

Cate had a fever the saturday before we left but it was gone on sunday. She was still a little sniffily but in good spirits. When we got to FL she had this horrible cough. I got sick starting thursday then DH got sick friday. Sadly we are still sick. I just want to be better! :sick:

Anywho we had to get up really early on friday to get to our 9am appt at Franck's. We made it on time and started planning immediately. We started from the beginning of the day.

At 9:30 Rose came in and we talked about our flowers. Since I don't know much about flowers, other than oh they grow in water, I wasn't really into that. I was more like what looks nice? ok I'll take that. I'm not really looking at spending a ton of money for flowers that are going to die. Yes they look nice but I'm sure it can look just as nice with minimal floral.

At 10:30 we had to leave Rose & Franck's and go to the GF convention center kitchen. I loved that they had our name on the scroller. I think I have a photo, I just haven't uploaded any photos-I'm a slightly a slacker. The tasting was really fun, a lot of food, but really fun! We tried three hor d'ourves-the Crab cakes, Sausage stuffed Mushrooms, & Hummus in phyllo dough. All delicious. If we can I will have all three.

Our dinner menu is as follows.

appetizer-Tomato & Mozzarella
salad-Field Greens
entree- choice of Beef filet & lobster or chicken, shrimp, or scallops.
dessert-I might just do cake. We tried the Mr. & Mrs. Strawberries. Photos to come later.

I loved everything, the only thing I am thinking of changing is to see if I can swap shrimp & scallops for the lobster because it was very difficult to eat with a knife and fork as it wasn't already shelled.

Ok more of an update later. I need food and possibly sleep.

Oh and here is a bit of craziness-I am thinking/seeing if I can make my own invitations. I am very very insane. Just thought I would share.

Lana

29apr00
06-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Sounds great, hope to see the pictures soon!

Hope everyone starts to feel better soon!!

jennifaerie
06-11-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm glad you were able to enjoy your session even though you were sick!

ElleBren
06-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Yay, I really love ordering stuff online and getting it in the mail. Its like christmas. I got my shoes yesterday and tried them on. I have to start wearing them everyday because I never wear high heels and dont want to fall on my face in my long dress.

Other than that I keep waiting for packages.

I started creating my invites. They are pretty good, just have to pin my mom down on what she wants for the wording. Its really annoying when she wants to have the final say on certain things, but won't get back to me to give the final ok. Luckily for me this is one of the last things I have a time limit on that I will have to deal with her on. Ok mini rant over!

And you can see I'm really a slacker because again no photos.

ElleBren
06-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Ok before I go into the whole food pictures I have a little announcement that has nothing to do with my wedding planning..

Cate took her first steps and is now trying to walk across the room.

ok now back to my regular scheduled pj.

Here are all the photos to accompany my earlier tasting.

These are the Hummus and phyllo. We did get to try crab cakes and stuffed mushrooms, and I really thought I took a photo of it, but this was all I had on my camera when I got home.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/DSCN0532.jpg

Mozzarella & Tomato-Amazing
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/DSCN0531.jpg

The field greens
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/DSCN0534.jpg

The sorbet course we are not having
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/DSCN0536.jpg

1st Choice of chicken, scallops & shrimp (btw I got a little excited and ate a bit before I realized that I needed a photo)
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/DSCN0538.jpg

2nd Choice of beef filet & lobster (no longer lobster because it was hard to get out of the shell, but also shrimp and scallops because they were so yummy the first time)Also maybe the most amazing potatoes I have ever had, out of everything we tasted that was the only thing I consumed entirely. yes I have a problem.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/DSCN0539.jpg

A dessert we most likely won't be having-however delicious and adorable
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/DSCN0533.jpg

While we were in the kitchen they had the light up scrolly thing that said our name. After the whole ps we went into the GF and on their board of daily events we saw this and had to wait for it to scroll so I could get a clear photo. We had to wait twice for a good photo. I think I looked a little weird taking this photo and waiting for it to come up but whatever, its not everyday my name is up at disney.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ellebren/DSCN0542.jpg
(btw we are the menu tasting)

Yay for lots of food pictures, I am so hungry and want to go raid the fridge now. Yet I can't because I am on a diet so I can fit in my dress.

jessesgirl-080708
06-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Delicious! We tasted the shrimp and scallops too! Our chef practically had to pry the plate out of my hand.. after I licked it clean!! They were so good we added them to our buffet!

jennifaerie
06-15-2008, 03:40 PM
I am a sucker for mashie taties, so there's nothing wrong with you! Or maybe there's something wrong with both of us! :rotfl:

newyearsbride
06-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Omg, the chicken, shrimp, and scallops look fantastic! I wanted to lick the screen.

ElleBren
06-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Delicious! We tasted the shrimp and scallops too! Our chef practically had to pry the plate out of my hand.. after I licked it clean!! They were so good we added them to our buffet!

I really wanted to eat more I ended up eating only like 1 shrimp/scallop combo because our chef was saying how we still had a whole entree to try and I didn't want to make myself sick. However I am looking forward to eating at our reception. Believe me if the server even thinks about taking my plate before I lick it clean I will stab him with my fork.:furious:

I am a sucker for mashie taties, so there's nothing wrong with you! Or maybe there's something wrong with both of us! :rotfl:

I am just such a meat & potatoes kind of girl. The other potatoes which I don't know if you can see with the chicken, they are kind of like triangles, were also equally amazing. The chef wanted us to try them since what usually comes with the chicken is similar to the ones with the meat. I love him for sharing those delicious triangles of heaven with us.

Omg, the chicken, shrimp, and scallops look fantastic! I wanted to lick the screen.

I was so excited about that plate I really almost forgot to take a photo, it really looked much nicer when he first presented it.

jennifaerie
06-15-2008, 05:15 PM
I want triangles of heaven!

29apr00
06-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Looks sooo good!! I so want to go to a Disney wedding!!

I wonder if I can do a PS for my DCL VR?? ;)

ElleBren
06-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Ok I know I wasn't happy that they told me it was going to take 6-8 weeks to get my budget. If only I had known the bliss of my ignorance. I just got my BEO the other day. I was lucky I was sitting down. It was 40,000. Yes 40. I think my heart might have stopped for a moment.

Ok less freaked out now because I have cut about 10,000 off. I still have about 10 to go so I really should be trying to figure out how to get that down. However I want to post mine since I know looking at everyone elses has really helped me.

Wedding Pavilion 2662.50
Videography 3300.00
Vintage car 800.00
2 motorcoaches 1683.00
Cake topper 106.50
Grooms cake 309.28
Kid party food 329.40
BOC drinks 4832.45
Flora cocktail hour 3608.22
2 bartenders 215.00
Sparkling cider 525.77
DJ 1500.00
50 wedding cake 740.97
50 beef dinners 5734.49
50 chicken dinners 5476.76

total 31906.10

sadly this is not counting photography. I want to get the roots for about 4000.

So far I've cut a lot of stuff, like the sorbet course and strawberries. Next to be cut is the grooms cake and chocolate screened plates for the cake. I would love love love to get it to 15,000 spend 4000 on photo and be super happy at under 20. The only other thing I have going for me is I think I have an overly large number. I am really hoping we are closer to 75ish. I have to get invites out very soon. My mom thinks that since everyone got the save the dates we don't have to send out invites so early. It does make sense, but I would love to find out what number I am really working with.

Hope this helps some future brides. I'm already on BEO #3 and I only got the first one 2 days ago.

IndyBride
06-19-2008, 08:25 PM
WOW!! That's a lot of money! I'm glad you've been able to cut it down so fast. It will be a lot smaller when you get you're real number. You should re work the numbers with your 75 quests that you anticipate and see what sort of impact that makes.

camara381
06-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Wow I think i would have kicked the bucket when I saw the 40,000!!!! good luck getting those last 10,000 off. the Food pics are great - you made me so hungry..

OceanGdss
06-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Just getting all caught up on your PJ. Wow...I'm currently waiting for our BEO (any day now!) and I keep hoping this isn't whats going to happen to me lol. We're aiming for around 12k with Disney, and outside photo/video. I'll be paying close attention to your PJ to see how you cut it down!

I noticed you mentioned trying to hand-make your invites. Thats what I'm doing. I'm using Cards & Pockets and printing/making them myself. I'll post a pic on my PJ tomorrow of the completed version :)

29apr00
06-20-2008, 07:13 AM
YIKES!!! Good luck trying to get that down!

alissa2008
06-20-2008, 08:10 AM
:eek: Yikes, BEO of Doom - you weren't kidding!!

inkedupmomma
06-20-2008, 08:41 AM
maybe you could get rid of the cocktail hour?? over 3,500 is alot for one hour!! also, maybe go with outside videography?? I'd keep what your heart is absolutely set on, then cut the rest so you can have the amazing roots!!!

twiu
06-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Woah! How many hours are you using the motorcoaches for? That seems way too high. Also, if you're paying that kind of money, you might as well go for the package bar instead of BOC - and then you'll get rid of your bartender charge. fyi.

ElleBren
06-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Woah! How many hours are you using the motorcoaches for? That seems way too high. Also, if you're paying that kind of money, you might as well go for the package bar instead of BOC - and then you'll get rid of your bartender charge. fyi.

Well they tell my I need two because right now the number is at 100. Once I know where people are staying I will be able to see if I really need two buses. I was hoping we would have one bus that made like roundies from hotels to the site. Apparently that can't happen. Hopefully I will be able to figure something out. I was wondering why they charged me 200 in bartender fees when in the contract they said if your bard end up being more than 500 it is waived. I figure if I have to pay them 4,000 dollars to begin with for drinks they should not charge me the 200. Only if they refund me 3,000 then they should charge me the 200. Actually I would just take a 2800 refund instead and we would be even. Not that 200 is really going to make a difference right about now. However it is a little drop in the bucket.

twiu
06-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Well they tell my I need two because right now the number is at 100. Once I know where people are staying I will be able to see if I really need two buses. I was hoping we would have one bus that made like roundies from hotels to the site. Apparently that can't happen. Hopefully I will be able to figure something out. I was wondering why they charged me 200 in bartender fees when in the contract they said if your bard end up being more than 500 it is waived. I figure if I have to pay them 4,000 dollars to begin with for drinks they should not charge me the 200. Only if they refund me 3,000 then they should charge me the 200. Actually I would just take a 2800 refund instead and we would be even. Not that 200 is really going to make a difference right about now. However it is a little drop in the bucket.

They're quoting you for the bartender charge because the BOC is just an estimate. If you do spend the $4000, you will get that money back. But here's a suggestion... you can have a 4 hour open bar instead of a BOC for $35.50 per person - with tax and tip it adds up to $2245 for 50 people. Just fyi. I had 4 hours which includes my cocktail hour and then I shut the open bar for 1/2 hour at dinner and 1/2 hour at the end. It's still a lot cheaper than your $4000.

I understand the need for 2 buses. Where are your guests staying though? My reception is at ADH and I have guests staying at Boardwalk, so I'm having one bus for 8 hours (ceremony / reception) and one for 5 hours (which is the minimum) since my guests can walk back to their rooms. If some of your guests are at GF then you can do that and cut some cash off your beo.

ElleBren
06-20-2008, 08:13 PM
They're quoting you for the bartender charge because the BOC is just an estimate. If you do spend the $4000, you will get that money back. But here's a suggestion... you can have a 4 hour open bar instead of a BOC for $35.50 per person - with tax and tip it adds up to $2245 for 50 people. Just fyi. I had 4 hours which includes my cocktail hour and then I shut the open bar for 1/2 hour at dinner and 1/2 hour at the end. It's still a lot cheaper than your $4000.

I understand the need for 2 buses. Where are your guests staying though? My reception is at ADH and I have guests staying at Boardwalk, so I'm having one bus for 8 hours (ceremony / reception) and one for 5 hours (which is the minimum) since my guests can walk back to their rooms. If some of your guests are at GF then you can do that and cut some cash off your beo.

How did closing the bar work. I'm just afraid that some one will decide they want a drink and I really don't want that to happen. Has anyone actually gotten money back from BOC? because if thats the case I might just do the per person. The only reason I want to do BOC is because we don't have a ton of drinkers coming and I'm really hoping to get some money back.

Right now we have the GF, Cor, & All- star. The only people that will be able to walk is the GF crowd, however I'm not sure how many of our guests will be staying there. However I do have many people living in FL and if they decide to drive I may be in the clear.

I am planning on cutting the hor d'ourves to half of what they currently are. My planner is busy for the next week or so, but we are having a phone meeting soon. Hopefully I will have an updated BEO.

WOW!! That's a lot of money! I'm glad you've been able to cut it down so fast. It will be a lot smaller when you get you're real number. You should re work the numbers with your 75 quests that you anticipate and see what sort of impact that makes.

I think I may ask my planner to send me an idea of how much 75 people would be. Just to know. Although that might give me an ulterior motive to not beg people to come from up north.