PDA

View Full Version : concert ticket for infant

surfergirl602
05-22-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm looking for american idol live tickets... It never occured to me whether or not I can hold our 12 month old on my lap or not. Do I have to buy a seat for her? Anyone know where I can find out this information?

Thanks!

tlbwriter
05-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Contact the concert venue - they may even have this policy posted on their website.

disneydave2003
05-22-2008, 12:27 PM
i dont know but maybe you can check with ticketmaster? they must have some sort of faq:confused3 :confused3 but i must say that a concert is super loud. are you sure its a good idea to take a 12 month old to a loud show? not sure i'd be too thrilled to have a baby next to me at a concert. no flames or attacks from me....just sayin

scrapquitler
05-22-2008, 12:37 PM
You have to check with the venue....at the one near me, 12 months and older needs a separate ticket. But I would not bring an infant to the AI concert, it is EXTREMELY loud. When we went 2 years ago, we were in the 4th row from the top of the Hartford Civic center and my head was throbbing for two days afterwards. Last year we were in a lower level and the noise level was even worse.

hmdavid
05-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I would not bring an infant to the AI concert, it is EXTREMELY loud. When we went 2 years ago, we were in the 4th row from the top of the Hartford Civic center and my head was throbbing for two days afterwards. Last year we were in a lower level and the noise level was even worse.

I agree. We went last year and my then five year old twins and three year old sat with their hands over their ears the whole time. They want to go again this year, but have asked if I would bring the "fireworks earplugs"! I am not sure why this concert seemed much louder than others I have been to.

MDTerrapin
05-22-2008, 12:41 PM
No offense but why you would want to to bring a 1year old to a conc

Karen

christa112
05-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Usually it varies on the venue for how old the child need to be to have their own ticket.

ceecee
05-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Much too loud for a child's ears! She'd probably end up crying and you would have to take her out anyway, that's a long time for a 12 mo old to sit on your lap.

PatMcDuck
05-22-2008, 01:27 PM
I saw a Mom at a concert last year with an approx. 12 month old baby. I was sort of shocked, but then saw her put some big headphones on the baby. They looked like they were made for a baby, and they were big, (reminded me of the kind I had in high school 30+ years ago).

The mom was with someone who was photographing the band, it seemed, so maybe she takes this baby to concerts alot, who knows. At least she protected his ears, but she left at the intermission anyway. :confused3

Tinkermommy
05-22-2008, 02:19 PM
I would get a baby sitter. I've taken my kids to lots of events as babies (inlcuding Cirque do Soleil) but I would not consider a concert. As others said it is much too loud.

I would want my baby scared by the scream David Archuletta fans!!:lmao:

sk!mom
05-22-2008, 02:25 PM
i dont know but maybe you can check with ticketmaster? they must have some sort of faq:confused3 :confused3 but i must say that a concert is super loud. are you sure its a good idea to take a 12 month old to a loud show? not sure i'd be too thrilled to have a baby next to me at a concert. no flames or attacks from me....just sayin

ITA- A concert is very loud. Use the price of her ticket to pay a babysitter. I know that most venues do not allow a lap child because they would prefer children were not brought unless they are old enough to enjoy it.

I've actually never been to a concert with a baby anywhere near me and I've been to a lot of concerts.

PrincessGracie
05-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Also, no offense...but I don't want to be the "lucky" one who sits in front of your family. I've paid a lot of money too to see the concert without a fussy baby behind me.

missj1975
05-22-2008, 03:35 PM
A rock concert is definitely not a place for infants. Be considerate to the baby and your fellow concert-goers, get a babysitter.

zurgswife
05-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I also concure that a concert is no place for an infant.

imsayin
05-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I think you need a ticket for the baby, but I would call the venue to check. I believe I had to figure this out once when DD was a baby, and we needed a seat (ice show or circus, can't remember which one). I'm pretty sure the policy at these events is that everyone must have a ticket to enter.

muffyn
05-23-2008, 04:48 PM
the main reason you would need a ticket for an infant (or other small child) is that they have occupancy rates. each person must be accounted for and that is done by ticket sales
( I know this is mostly for smaller venues , but I bet the larger ones also need to know who is in their building)

yes, please find a sitter, your baby cannot tell you if the sound is hurting their ears & if they don't like it you may end up in a lobby somewhere & miss the concert.

CarolA
05-23-2008, 05:27 PM
At my college football statidum if the baby is out of the womb, it needs a ticket LOL!

Tine731
05-23-2008, 05:34 PM
At my college football statidum if the baby is out of the womb, it needs a ticket LOL!

:rotfl:

Kickapoo Joie Juice
05-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Dude, if you seriously bring an infant to a concert and sit down next to me I will ABSOLUTELY freakin' raise hell.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Concerts are not for infants, the decible levels are way too high.

And I didn't pay a ton of money for a ticket so I can listen to a screaming pooping wriggling baby next to me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Unless it's David Archuletta.:lmao:

vellamint
05-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Dude, if you seriously bring an infant to a concert and sit down next to me I will ABSOLUTELY freakin' raise hell.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Concerts are not for infants, the decible levels are way too high.

And I didn't pay a ton of money for a ticket so I can listen to a screaming pooping wriggling baby next to me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Unless it's David Archuletta.:lmao:

HAHAHA Just had to say that....I agree....been to two AI concerts and no way is it a place for a baby....The only consolation in being NEXT to a baby at one of these is I seriously DOUBT you would hear the poor thing crying...it is that loud.

cats mom
05-23-2008, 08:04 PM
At our venue children under 2 yrs old do not need a ticket.

That said, I agree with the majority here, I certainly wouldn't want to drag a baby to a concert.

The decibel levels at the AI tour last year were right up there with any other concert I've been to.

Also, Judging by what I saw on the show, Archie's fans can be just as rabid as Jonas Brothers and/or Hannah Montana fans. Trust me, the worst part at those concerts is not the loud music (I'm all for loud music) it's the screaming fans!
They could scare the bee jee bee's out of your little one!
They frighten me... :scared1:

If you do take your DD please check into some kind of earplugs for her.

crazyme5kids
05-23-2008, 09:11 PM
I can't answer if you need a ticket for your child or not, but I'd call the venue to find out. As far as taking a baby, as long as you have some sort of ear protection, I don't see anything wrong with it. If your baby starts to cry just go out into the corridor. Be courteous to the people around you.

I've been taking my kids to concerts since they were babies. They loved going and watching the lights and hearing the music.

ceecee
05-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Also, Judging by what I saw on the show, Archie's fans can be just as rabid as Jonas Brothers and/or Hannah Montana fans. Trust me, the worst part at those concerts is not the loud music (I'm all for loud music) it's the screaming fans!
They could scare the bee jee bee's out of your little one!
They frighten me... :scared1:

If you do take your DD please check into some kind of earplugs for her.

At the Hannah Montana concert, the Jonas Bros opened for her. We had three 7 year old girls right behind us who literally screamed during the entire time they were on stage, no way they could even hear them sing. Our ears hurt afterward from all of the screaming.

LisaNJ25
05-23-2008, 09:37 PM
At the Hannah Montana concert, the Jonas Bros opened for her. We had three 7 year old girls right behind us who literally screamed during the entire time they were on stage, no way they could even hear them sing. Our ears hurt afterward from all of the screaming.

Same here lol.. that concert was nuts.

As someone who just spend $400 on concert tickets.. I would not want an infant or toddler near me.

I know at. my venue is 12 months and older.