PDA

View Full Version : OT: Please pray for Steven Curtis Chapman family

TupperMom7
05-22-2008, 09:07 AM
I know this is the Budget Board, but it gets a ton of traffic. Steven Curtis Chapman (a Christian singer for those unfamiliar with him) lost his 5 year old daughter in a tragic car accident in their homes driveway yesterday and their teenage son was at the wheel. This is so sad on so many levels. Please pray for this family as they go through this terrible time in their lives.

happycampers
05-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Oh, my! My heart goes out to their family. I will keep them in my prayers. I don't know that I'll ever be able to listen to his "Dance With Cinderella" song again.:sad1:Gotta get off the computer and hug my babies a little tighter today.

kmvand1
05-22-2008, 09:18 AM
I heard of this as well. It is so scary because I have a teenage son who is now learning to drive and I cannot stress to him enough how important it is to be alert and aware of your surroundings at ALL TIMES. This poor child will be traumatized his entire life because of this. How sad.

sarahlovesmickey
05-22-2008, 09:26 AM
oh my, that is just so very sad. =( I can't even imagine.......

Tinkerdreams
05-22-2008, 09:33 AM
I am so sad for him and his family, especially his son. I pray the Lord heals their hearts and I know they realize that their little "Cinderella" is with Him.

budbeerlady
05-22-2008, 09:34 AM
That is so horrible!

pilgrimage
05-22-2008, 09:40 AM
It is even more poignant because the other daughter
announced her engagement a few weeks ago. What
a turbulent time for a kind, giving family.

KayLuvsMickey
05-22-2008, 09:42 AM
This is heartbreaking! I am left with no words except, I will pray

isyt
05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
God bless them all :grouphug: !!

maggiew
05-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Oh my! How sad.

Did he do the Candlelight Processional last year? I think he was the speaker when we went. I had never heard of him before but I found out he was a Christian singer. So I think it might be the same guy. He seemed so young, though, to have teenagers.

Maggie

pha1226
05-22-2008, 10:51 AM
I read this story this morning. What a horrible tragedy for that family.

SLDL
05-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Oh my! How sad.

Did he do the Candlelight Processional last year? I think he was the speaker when we went. I had never heard of him before but I found out he was a Christian singer. So I think it might be the same guy. He seemed so young, though, to have teenagers.

Maggie

Yes, I think that is who you are thinking of. We went in early Dec. & he was the speaker. He did a great job.

I have been to several of his concerts & he is one of my favorites. It is obvious from seeing him in concert that his family is so very important to him & I'm sure this is hard on him. I also read online that 2 of his other children were in the yard playing & saw the accident. So sad.

ColoradoMom!!
05-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Here is a link to his official site:

http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/

How incredibly sad. I feel most for her brother - what a tragedy.

snowman1035
05-22-2008, 11:14 AM
I will keep the family in my thoughts and prayers. God has better plans for this little angel.

Joanna71985
05-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Oh my goodness, how sad!!:sad1:

C.Ann
05-22-2008, 12:10 PM
:sad1:

WithFaith50
05-22-2008, 12:20 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to this family...:sad1:

andrychowski
05-22-2008, 12:27 PM
What an amazing man and family. It is one of the things that makes us mortals wonder what God's plan truly is. Fortunately, someone much bigger is in control of this world! He and his songs have been a big part of my life. Our prayers go out to them!

stahshee
05-22-2008, 01:13 PM
oh so sad:hug:

Crazy4Disney06
05-22-2008, 01:45 PM
I know this is the Budget Board, but it gets a ton of traffic. Steven Curtis Chapman (a Christian singer for those unfamiliar with him) lost his 5 year old daughter in a tragic car accident in their homes driveway yesterday and their teenage son was at the wheel. This is so sad on so many levels. Please pray for this family as they go through this terrible time in their lives.

Oh my how tragic! God be with him and his family during this time.

4fosterkids
05-22-2008, 03:50 PM
wow, that is a sad story!
Prayers to their entire family during these difficult times

lisaross
05-22-2008, 03:55 PM
This is just so so sad - i am always afraid when my kids are out playing w/me there but when they go past driveways i keep yelling look out for cars etc. My prayers go out to the family!

lisa

Here is a link to his official site:

http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/

How incredibly sad. I feel most for her brother - what a tragedy.

DawnM
05-22-2008, 03:56 PM
We adopted through America World too. This is the same agency the Chapmans used and promote.

It is heartbreaking and I am praying for their son especially.

Dawn

lauraljp
05-22-2008, 04:34 PM
This is a song written by Steven Curtis Chapman several years ago. It has really meant alot to me during a difficult loss. My prayers are with his family at this time.

With Hope:

This is not at all how
We thought it was supposed to be
We had so many plans for you
We had so many dreams
And now you've gone away
And left us with the memories of your smile
And nothing we can say
And nothing we can do
Can take away the pain
The pain of losing you, but ...

We can cry with hope
We can say goodbye with hope
'Cause we know our goodbye is not the end, oh no
And we can grieve with hope
'Cause we believe with hope
(There's a place by God's grace)
There's a place where we'll see your face again
We'll see your face again

And never have I known
Anything so hard to understand
And never have I questioned more
The wisdom of God's plan
But through the cloud of tears
I see the Father's smile and say well done
And I imagine you
Where you wanted most to be
Seeing all your dreams come true
'Cause now you're home
And now you're free, and ...

We have this hope as an anchor
'Cause we believe that everything
God promised us is true, so ...

So we can cry with hope
And say goodbye with hope

We wait with hope
And we ache with hope
We hold on with hope
We let go with hope

graygables
05-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Oh my! How sad.

Maggie

Yes, he did. My oldest DD was in the cast choir and I have some marvelous photos of him with her in the background. He really is a wonderful man with a tender heart and mine is breaking for him. The Chapman family is in our prayers.

Belle5
05-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Absolutely heartbreaking... We will have them in our prayers--especially the 15 yo boy. I have a fifteen year old son and a four year old son. I worry so much about this kind of thing with all of my teen drivers driving in and out. I always tell them, "Make sure of where your little brothers are before you pull away". I can't imagine what something like this would do to my own 15 yo son. Their son will never be the same...

Dagny
05-22-2008, 05:25 PM
This is absolutely heartbreaking. I feel so sorry for her brother. He will live with this pain every day of his life. God be with this family.

Kimberly Hill
05-22-2008, 06:37 PM
As the mother of 2 teenage (driving) sons and a 5-year-old daughter adopted from China, this hits so close to home for me. Prayers and thoughts for the Chapman family as they try to recover from this heartbreak.

BrerMom
05-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Heartbreakingly sad.

Have you ever heard of a tragedy where all the articles written (at least the ones I've seen) are all so positive about the family? It speaks volumes about a family that really "walks the talk."

Stitch's O'hana
05-23-2008, 11:38 PM
:sad1: This is so sad. I just love Steven Curtis Chapman, I got to see him at Disney World at Night of Joy. He talked about how is girls loved to come along with him, so they could be a princess: for the day at The Magic Kingdom.

I will keep them in my prayers.

trivial
05-23-2008, 11:50 PM
I just saw this on CNN... what horrible, heart-breaking news.

dis4me
05-24-2008, 11:33 AM
:grouphug: :grouphug:

LisaNJ25
05-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Horrible... I read about it yesterday.

I was watching Oprah last night.. around 1 am.. not sure if it was a new or old episode.

It was with the family of the little girl form NY who was decapitated in the limo when a drunk driver hit them.

There was also a grandmother who accidentally ran over and killed her 4 year old grandson. The family has forgiven her but she was a wreck. They talked about how this type of accient happens more than we realize ever year.