PDA

View Full Version : Stub Hub, Where to buy tickets legit?

budbeerlady
05-22-2008, 08:11 AM
I am looking into buying some concert tickets but who is a legit site besides Ticketmaster since they are sold out of what I want? Thanks!

janloz
05-22-2008, 08:16 AM
We purchased our Buffett tickets last year from Stubhub without a problem. Also try ebay and pay with paypal so if there is a problem they will mediate. Good Luck!

yoplit
05-22-2008, 08:16 AM
TicketMaster is the only website that i trust and use, BUT you could try going onto Ebay, it may have what your looking for. just keep trying back everyday on Ticket master, not only do they sell the tickets, but they also have the option to "buy back" your tickets and resell them. It was an option that my DH and i chose. we had boughten our tickets for an event through ticketmaster, something came up so we had to sell our tickets, we decided to just sell them back to ticketmaster, which they put back up for sale. Then the very next day we got confirmation that someone had boughten them :goodvibes. so keep checking ticketmaster everyday, cause the same thing could very well happen for you, tickets may become avaliable :banana:

budbeerlady
05-22-2008, 08:53 AM
I am so new at this aspect, would you accept those emailed ticket things? I think its called Ticketfast? Would anyone be able to enter with that instead of a hard ticket?

Thanks! Its just alot of money and I dont want any problems!

p2oh
05-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Stubhub is a great place for tickets They have a "fan protect guarantee". It ensures that you get the tickets you pay for. We have used them several times for great seats. I have heard too many fake ticket stores about ebay to ever try them. Whatever you choose, good luck!

donald&daisy
05-22-2008, 09:28 AM
I think there is a $20 promotion code for StubHub right now...you might want to google it!

hmgolden
05-22-2008, 09:29 AM
I have bought tickets off of stubhub, and I would do it again. Its annoying because depending on what event you want to go to, you often pay a HUGE premium for the tickets. But the upside is you have more control over where you sit than you do when ordering through ticketmaster. I've never had a problem with tickets bought from stubhub.

kappyfinn
05-22-2008, 10:33 AM
We bought tickets off stub hub twice and had issues both times. The first time, the tickets weren't valid tickets. We arrive at the game and tried to enter the gate. The scanner kept giving us an error message and we were told go to the box office. There we were informed that the tickets were invalid because the purchaser had bought more than their alloted amount. So, here we are at the game without tickets. And, we paid considerably more than face value for the tickets. We knew stubhub would compensate us, but we were aggravated with the situation. Luckily the box office had these same tickets available so we could see the game. - at face value! I guess when the guys tickets were rendered invalid, they went back for sale. Not sure how that works. Stubhub did refund our money and gave us an additional credit because it took them forever to refund our money. We used the credit to purchase tickets to a baseball game. So, we ordered the tickets and they sent us the wrong tickets. Their customer service is great, but we won't buy from them again.

4forMe
05-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Stubhub is a great place for tickets They have a "fan protect guarantee". It ensures that you get the tickets you pay for. We have used them several times for great seats. I have heard too many fake ticket stores about ebay to ever try them. Whatever you choose, good luck!

This is also my experience. I've used Stubhub on several occassions and have never had a problem. I prefer using them over Ebay since you will receive a refund if there is a problem with the tickets.

tar heel
05-22-2008, 11:23 AM
If you're a member of Sunshine Rewards, stubhub is a merchant with a pretty good payback. My DH bought some tickets a few weeks ago -- didn't bother to tell me he was going to, so no Sunshine Rewards points for me.

TaraPA
05-22-2008, 12:12 PM
We've also used Stub Hub many times for sporting events & have never had a problem. I personally would never trust eBay but many people do buy from there successfully.

Shyvioletisme
05-22-2008, 12:27 PM
I've used Stub Hub several times with no problems...
I've also used Craigslist to buy (there have been several times where things came up and we couldn't go to events) and to buy tickets and never had an issue there...of course with that, it is your own discretion, but I just weed through all of what looks like spam and fake tickets and search for the real stuff. Good luck.

AQW
05-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Another StubHub fan here - we've used them many times with no problems. :thumbsup2

tinytink
05-22-2008, 02:37 PM
I've used www.ticketmonster.com and I have not encountered any problems or issues. good luck