PDA

View Full Version : Laying down the Gauntlet

stemikger
05-22-2008, 12:35 AM
This one goes out to all the Dave Ramsey fans out there.

I have been pushed to go gazelle intense after this August. I had a talk with my wife and said I am willing to give up going away for the next 3 years in order to payoff the mortgage.

I figure, we can still do weekend things, but 3 years is a small price to pay to be mortgage free.

Has anybody else given something up in order to win.

Would love to hear yor responses.

sylvenmaid
05-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Congrats and I hope you meet it. It's a great feeling to be completely out of debt including your house! :woohoo: Now that we don't have any payments we can easily afford to fix-up the house and save for retirement.

We are planning our WDW trip but we have never ever been on a family vacation. The last trip we took was our honeymoon 10 years ago! :rotfl2: So this trip is long overdue and definitely deserved. Our son is 7 so really dragging him around WDW as a much younger child is not something we wanted so this works out better for us. I know we will enjoy it much more knowing we can truely afford it. ;)

Again that is a wonderful attitude and don't forget, "Live Like No One Else so You can Live Like No One Else!". It's a great motto that I remind myself from time to time. We also gave up cable, no cell phone for many years (now it's prepaid but still a phone), and pretty much lots of extras. We still live without many extras but we do have cable. I got a great deal on bundling phone, cable, and internet for $100/mo plus we have a DVR. I know I could be cheaper but we can afford to splurge and I really need unlimited long distance since we are very rural. I can't get those VOIP services since none are offered here yet. So we have digital phone with all the extras at $30/mo still a bargain.