PDA

View Full Version : Bzz Agents - Shaloha is here!!!

Newfie2000
05-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Hey everyone! If you are a Bzz Agent and have been waiting for ever like me to use your Bzz Points - Shaloha is here and is up and active on the site! I'll give you a little hint... actually I'll help you a lot. Bzz Points are being transferred to MyPoints! So before you decide whether or not you are going to use 200 points to get the golden key you now know what your points are being transferredto! I am still logged in and exploring the site so I don't have all the details yet but I do know the points are worth more MyPoints than you had Bzz Points and they will go into either your exsisting account or the new account you will need to create if you are not already a member on June 9th! Okay gotta go and explore...just wanted to give you all a heads up!:goodvibes

bgbodnar
05-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Got my golden key, and transferred the rest of my points to MyPoints.

patsal
05-22-2008, 07:27 AM
This totally sucks! My bzz points which would have been about $700 in retail value just bumped down to $100 in crappy gift cards. I am so unhappy and feeling like I was totally ripped off.

jillalvarez2003
05-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Me too! :)

Hedy
05-22-2008, 07:47 AM
I opted out of the gold key, but my jaw dropped when I saw what my Bzzpoints were worth on Mypoints. Woohoo!

kritter
05-22-2008, 07:52 AM
What are most people doing buying the golden key or doing something else. Not sure what to do???!!!!!:confused3 :confused3

LisaNJ25
05-22-2008, 07:52 AM
wohoo

342 BzzPoints = 2736 MyPoints

vanyel
05-22-2008, 07:55 AM
This totally sucks! My bzz points which would have been about $700 in retail value just bumped down to $100 in crappy gift cards. I am so unhappy and feeling like I was totally ripped off.

How do you figure this? I'm really happy as I've rarely been able to get anything with my buzz agent points. I've always been happy to get the products and the points were just something extra.

patsal
05-22-2008, 07:56 AM
I opted out of the gold key, but my jaw dropped when I saw what my Bzzpoints were worth on Mypoints. Woohoo!

Where are you finding the conversion chart, maybe that will settle me down!

noodleknitter
05-22-2008, 07:58 AM

It was listed as you progressed thru the questions. Top right corner. I missed it the first time. Good luck!

patsal
05-22-2008, 07:58 AM
How do you figure this? I'm really happy as I've rarely been able to get anything with my buzz agent points. I've always been happy to get the products and the points were just something extra.

Because 2000 points would get me a $200 coffee pot. 2500 points would get me a $250 toaster--I would never spend that much on those products out of household, but to get them "free" with points was a great, fun and frivolous treat!

noodleknitter
05-22-2008, 07:59 AM
My 1100 points became 9000, give or take.

Newfie2000
05-22-2008, 08:00 AM

That pretty much sums it up for me too!:) I have been sitting on Bzz points that I was unable to use for a probably close to two years! Now I can actually use them and get things that I want when I want them. MyPoints is very good at trying to keep items in stock and also tries to ship them very quickly! I for one see this as a positive change!:yay: I'm just wondering how all of the other changes will go? You know like how many MyPoints we will get for each Bzz report, stuff like that. But I'm not too worried, so far so good!:cool1:

Hedy
05-22-2008, 08:02 AM

I got mine when I clicked through after declining the Gold Key-I think it was 4xx bzz points for 3xxx mypoints (that's a $25 gc already!)

vanyel
05-22-2008, 08:03 AM
I went back and looked on the buzz site for a conversion chart. Is it still there after you converted your points?

noodleknitter
05-22-2008, 08:03 AM
NO. Couldn't find it.

patsal
05-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Mine is still just showing the amount of Bzz points I had, no conversion at all. I sent them an email, hopefully I'll know before the end of the day.

Newfie2000
05-22-2008, 08:05 AM
For those who might be wondering, the conversion seems to be that every one Bzz Point is worth 8 MyPoints! Hope that helps someone. So by getting a golden key you are giving up 1600 MyPoints.

vanyel
05-22-2008, 08:08 AM
I wish I'd known that before I choose the golden key :confused3 Oh well, in the scheme of things, I have something that's definetly redeemable and if it's 8X, I'll get about 8200 pts.

Newfie2000
05-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Mine is still just showing the amount of Bzz points I had, no conversion at all. I sent them an email, hopefully I'll know before the end of the day.

Did you try logging into your account again and then following the redeem points link? This is how I was able to get confirmation that my points were indeed transferred. I got some sort of message that said we have already taken care of your points no need to do it again. HTH.:goodvibes

patsal
05-22-2008, 08:12 AM
For those who might be wondering, the conversion seems to be that every one Bzz Point is worth 8 MyPoints! Hope that helps someone. So by getting a golden key you are giving up 1600 MyPoints.

SO that would give me 60,000 mypoints! Ok now I'm feeling a bit better about it, but...

smacky1
05-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the reminder! I signed up and bought a golden key. I looked over the rewards and decided for 200 points, I would rather have a offer for a campaign. I had 1450, and now I have 1250 which will be around 10000 my points.

patsal
05-22-2008, 08:16 AM
If you are careful you can use that golden key for things that have a reatial value of $200 or more--the cordless telephone headsets, the remote control, etc. Just be careful with it!

java
05-22-2008, 08:22 AM
? on mypoints. I am new to mypoints. So what do you do with them? I am assuming use them to shop but how? By clicking the link at mypoints? Points are burning a hole in my pocket!!!:banana:

dis2cruise
05-22-2008, 08:22 AM
confused have a couple of questions...

so with the golden key which cost points you might get into better
campaigns then the regular person??

how many points does the golden key cost ??

if you decide NOT to get a golden key...what happens to my 615 pts do I get more and with those points what do i get out of that/ gifts???

dis2cruise
05-22-2008, 08:27 AM
looks like they are now out of golden keys now anyway

java
05-22-2008, 08:28 AM
confused have a couple of questions...

so with the golden key which cost points you might get into better
campaigns then the regular person??

how many points does the golden key cost ??

if you decide NOT to get a golden key...what happens to my 615 pts do I get more and with those points what do i get out of that/ gifts???

Golden key 200 points. And yes you can PICK ONCE to use it to get into a campaign that you weren't selected to be in on. So if you ever saw one on here and thought DANG I wanted that the golden key is the way you could get it.
I opted to skip it at this point. I am currently in 3 campaigns and really have not missed out on any that I really wanted*maybe that universal remote one ... If you get the key save it for a GOOD campaign.

If you don't get it your pts turn into Mypoints points. At a higher rate. ( I think mine was about double?) What you do with them at mypoints- haven't got a clue yet.

patsal
05-22-2008, 08:31 AM
Ok they are all out of golden keys--my sister and mom were unable to get those. Save the keys for good stuff--I would not blow it on a smaller item like OJ when it could yield you a $200 remote. Be picky with you as you do ahve a whole year to redeem it!

For those asking, Mypoints allows you to shop through them to get rewards and then redeem those reward points for gift cards. It looks like we get our bzz points converted to mypoints points then we can use those points to cash out for giftcards.

FWIW, I checked my account, logged out and back in and I am still not seeing a conversion of any kind. I had 7790, took a golden key so it went to 7590 and that is all I see. I have checked and it did confirm that I have nothing else I need to do, On June 9th the points should show in your mypoints account and you should then be able to redeem. If I do indeed get 60,000 points I will not be as disappointed.

budbeerlady
05-22-2008, 08:32 AM
I was excited to move them to MyPoints. I was never able to do anything with them at Buzz Agent anyway, all the good stuff was always gone....

I get the Rainforest cafe gift cards for our WDW trips. I also sometimes grab Starbucks cards for a treat that I rarely will pay for myself.

Newfie2000
05-22-2008, 08:33 AM
? on mypoints. I am new to mypoints. So what do you do with them? I am assuming use them to shop but how? By clicking the link at mypoints? Points are burning a hole in my pocket!!!:banana:

MyPoints is a great program! You will cash your points out for gift cards. There are a couple of ways to earn points on MyPoints - you earn points by reading the emails they send to you and clicking on the point link on the bottom of the email (these are worth 5 pts. each) - or you can complete surveys which they send to you (these are usually 10 points if you do not qualify and I believe variable pts. if you qualify) - and you can earn lots of points by shopping through their links. They are legitimate - I have been a member for years and years and have never had any major problems with them. You might really like them!:goodvibes

java
05-22-2008, 08:42 AM
MyPoints is a great program! You will cash your points out for gift cards. There are a couple of ways to earn points on MyPoints - you earn points by reading the emails they send to you and clicking on the point link on the bottom of the email (these are worth 5 pts. each) - or you can complete surveys which they send to you (these are usually 10 points if you do not qualify and I believe variable pts. if you qualify) - and you can earn lots of points by shopping through their links. They are legitimate - I have been a member for years and years and have never had any major problems with them. You might really like them!:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Thank you and how long for my points to transfer over? Right now they are not showing up but I just activated. It looks measly with 5 points but with my 1200 transfer over that will help but when?

Newfie2000
05-22-2008, 08:43 AM
:thumbsup2 Thank you and how long for my points to transfer over? Right now they are not showing up but I just activated. It looks measly with 5 points but with my 1200 transfer over that will help but when?

I believe they said the transfer will be completed June 9th!:goodvibes

starwood
05-22-2008, 08:44 AM
It won't accept my e-mail address. It says mypoints e-mail must be an e-mail address. That's what I'm putting in!!!!!

patsal
05-22-2008, 08:46 AM

I'm not so much complaining that mypoints isn't a good program, just that it was a disappointment to find that as the big hype. I use mypoints, have for years I think since 2002--any way before gas prices went up I was able to cash out for Exxon Mobil cards and it would pay for nearly the whole road trip to WDW and back. I don't think they have the Ex/Mo cards anymore and who would want $10 cards nowadays anyway--it would be like 2.5 gallons, new cards, 2.5 gallons, new card...:lmao: I jsut dont' like that you have to link to a program that you might not have belonged to to redeem points. I also think that since they are out of golden keys by 9am, there will be a "run" on the mypoints cards and there wont' be much to choose from for the first month or so.

patsal
05-22-2008, 08:50 AM
It won't accept my e-mail address. It says mypoints e-mail must be an e-mail address. That's what I'm putting in!!!!!

The system is most likely overwhelmed by sign ups at this point. I would wait a bit, or even close out windows and start fresh.

JNCMOM
05-22-2008, 09:01 AM
I am also upset about them being out of keys so early --- I called and they said they would not be adding anymore keys.:sad2:

They did say that if you have pending reports that get approved between now and June 8 - that those points will be convertible to mypoints as well.

stahshee
05-22-2008, 09:12 AM
ok help me out I had 1300 bzz points how many mypoints will I get?

Duchie
05-22-2008, 09:13 AM
For those of you familiar with the gold keys, how do you redeem them? Where do you go to see a list of all Bzz campaigns?

JNCMOM
05-22-2008, 09:15 AM

From what I can tell it is every buzz poin is worth 8 mypoints

yours (i think) 10,400

patsal
05-22-2008, 09:16 AM
For those of you familiar with the gold keys, how do you redeem them? Where do you go to see a list of all Bzz campaigns?

You will have to check Bzz often. It will be on your first page just like regular campaigns but it will tell you that you have to use the golden key to join the campaign. Just looking at the information will not automatically remove your goldn key. You can look at the campaign and see if it is to your liking before you join hte campaign and use the key. Be careful as some are kind of nothings--liek the AMerican Express one, and some of the computer things. Save for something worthwhile to you.

patsal
05-22-2008, 09:18 AM

About 10,000 or nearly $75.00 in giftcards. (If you had used them to get Bzz stuff from their site it would have been about $130 in retail product)

stahshee
05-22-2008, 09:19 AM
From what I can tell it is every buzz poin is worth 8 mypoints

yours (i think) 10,400

HOLY COW:banana: :banana: :banana: I hope so. YES I am going to get stuff for my trip!!!!!!

kfeuer
05-22-2008, 09:25 AM
I had 895 Bzz points I was never able to do anything with, which translated into 7160 Mypoints (enough for most $50 gift cards). :cool1: I'm happy!

I'm definitely going to get busy with filing more Bzz reports between now and June 9th for more points.

deelam
05-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Where did the 8 to 1 for Bzz points come from. I don't see if anywhere.

I hope that is correct because free dining for my weekend Florida trip could be back on!

kfeuer
05-22-2008, 09:29 AM

I hope that is correct because free dining for my weekend Florida trip could be back on!

When you transfer your points over, they give you a conversion rate box in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It said my 895 Bzzpoints were worth 7160 Mypoints, which is indeed an 8 to 1 ratio.

JNCMOM
05-22-2008, 09:31 AM

When I called to find out about pending reports - I asked what the conversion was - that is what the agent told me on the phone. Good luck with your free dinning..:)

dodukes
05-22-2008, 09:36 AM
can someone explain to me what exactly the golden key is or does??

deelam
05-22-2008, 09:38 AM
When I called to find out about pending reports - I asked what the conversion was - that is what the agent told me on the phone. Good luck with your free dinning..:)

Whats up with pending points? I still have some pending. ALSO, will we still get points up until 6/9?

Hedy
05-22-2008, 09:42 AM
can someone explain to me what exactly the golden key is or does??

You can use it to unlock a campaign you wouldn't normally be eligible for, if you like. I'd estimate the cash value to be around $10 (200 bzz points, or 1600 mypoints converted).

vanyel
05-22-2008, 09:42 AM
I called too and got the same response, plus the agent was really nice!

dodukes
05-22-2008, 09:44 AM
oh ok, thanks hedy!

JNCMOM
05-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Whats up with pending points? I still have some pending. ALSO, will we still get points up until 6/9?

If they get approved before the deadline - they are convertible to mypoints

noodleknitter
05-22-2008, 09:45 AM
So, is there a purpose to continuing reports now?

Floridagal23
05-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Yah starbucks gift cards so I don't have to feel guilty about getting it!

patsal
05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Looks like the points will continue to accrue at a possibly different "value" level and then be linked to a mypoints account somehow. After reading through the information once the switch over is complete it looks like we will continue to redeem through mypoints.

HayGan
05-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this. I have participated in a few campaigns but I am terrible about completing my reports so I had very few bzz points (103). If it wasn't for this thread I would never have known about this. Now I will have over 800 more points in my Mypoints account (which will put me over 10,000 points!)

dis2cruise
05-22-2008, 10:22 AM
where did you see what gift cards you could get??

patsal
05-22-2008, 10:38 AM
where did you see what gift cards you could get??

You need ot log onto mypoints and then go under the redeem heading. They have a great deal of them available from the dept. stores to restaurants and the like.

LisaNJ25
05-22-2008, 10:53 AM
For those who have never used mypoints before it is a great program.

I have been a member for 10 years and have earned hundreds of dollars in GC's

You can also earn points my shopping though mypoints and clicking om the emails they send you.

My tip is.. Do not let your mypoints account accumulate to a butt load of points. The redemption amount for gift cards change from time to time with no notice, and even though they have been around a long time you just never know. I would hate to see someone lose out on lots of points. I cash in my points each time I earn enough for a $25 GC.

It's A Happy Day
05-22-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm another one EXCITED about the new change!!! I have had quite a few buzz points to redeem for quite some time but never saw anything I wanted to redeem them for - it was usually stuff like the buzz agent keychain, water bottle, or the like, or another item that was way out of reach or gone before I had a valid campaign to redeem it for. With the new "mypoints" connection I will be able to redeem those points for gift cards from anything such as gas cards, home depot, starbucks, or any various restaurants. It's finally a reward I can get for ME instead of using them to get stuff for other people because I wouldn't use them. With the conversion I will be able to get about $150 in GC for Home Depot (if I choose of course) which is sooo much better than prior options. I just hope that the cash out scale doesn't change on mypoints with the sudden flood of people with high point values :idea:

deelam
05-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Wow, if this works out at 8X the point value, I should have enough points to purchase certificates for dining for every night of my Disney vacation. Good choices to, like Outback, Red Lobster & Olive Garden. I still have to do O'hanas one night. So dining won't be completely free, but it's close enough.

glitzybabes
05-22-2008, 12:01 PM
after mine post I should have enough for a $10 and $25 BP GC to use on Disney Trip. Almost a tank. :-)

How long does it take to get a GC from Mypoints?

patsal
05-22-2008, 12:09 PM
after mine post I should have enough for a $10 and $25 BP GC to use on Disney Trip. Almost a tank. :-)

Usually 10-14 days

sm4987
05-22-2008, 12:29 PM
I transferred my bzz to my mypoints and transferred 2300 to my mypoints! Worth it to me. My my points balance is adding up quickly

smacky1
05-22-2008, 12:45 PM

Where is there a bp station near disney?? I have a $30 card I wanted to use last time I was there, but I could not find a bp station. We dont have one where I live either so its just sitting in my wallet.

lowie
05-22-2008, 03:37 PM
so how many points will we be getting for reporting?? will it be 8 times what it used to be? i got a golden key this morning due to this thread reminding me, thanks OP!!

jeankeri
05-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Arrrgh! I am stuck in a loop trying to transfer my points to MyPoints! For those of you who have completed the process, are they showing up as pending points yet?

firstfamilytrip
05-22-2008, 04:57 PM
The way I understood it, they aren't transferring anything until June 9th. They are giving people a chance to decide. Although I don't think there is any other choice. Mine did not show up as pending, but if I go back in it tells me I already made my choice. I could be totally wrong on this, I usually am, but this was my understanding.

grumpyvet
05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
I did the math, and my 2200 points translated to 17776 my points points. That is 8.08 x the 2200. Pretty cool!!!

mum4jenn
05-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I got the golden key early this morning. I opted to have the rest of my points transfer to My Points account I will have almost 12,000 points!!

grumpy28
05-22-2008, 06:55 PM
I got the golden key too, and I'm so excited to start getting some GC!! :cool1:

SHAYMARAYSMOM
05-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Okay for all that have used a golden key. How do you know when it can be used? Does it show up on the invite?

mkaccountant
05-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Sorry if this is already on here, but I am getting ready to be kicked off the PC, so wanted a quick check - from now on we will be getting mypoints for the same activities we used to get bzzpoints for? :confused3

mrsboz
05-22-2008, 10:13 PM
You cannot use a golden key for any campaign that anyone else is doing. You still have to be invited to join the campaign. I have used a golden key before and I still have some. The way it works is, in essence, the same way that the regular campaigns work. They send you an invite requiring you to use your golden key, if you should choose to. You may decline or respond. It's pretty cool. Sometimes if you don't use your golden key you will be offered the campaign, as a regular campaign, at a later date. Sometimes you won't. You have to decide if it is worth it to you to choose the campaign using your golden key. Pretty cool.

patsal
05-23-2008, 07:47 AM
To get a fullunderstanding of how a golden key works, you can go to your bzzz account, and in the column on the left there is the word Upgrades and under it you see what you have earned (your golden key is under this heading). Click on the word upgrades and it explains it all to you.

On the 9th your bzz points that you converted will show up in your Mypoints account and should be able to be redeemed.

From what I've read after that date they will tell us the new point structure and how it will work to cash out for things from mypoints.

kritter
05-23-2008, 08:35 AM

What is BP?????

LisaNJ25
05-23-2008, 08:41 AM

Also I am not sure how these will post but most mypoints offer pend for 30 days. So you may not have access to the until July 9th.

daughtersrus
05-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Can someone help me. I set up a mypoints account. I went to Bzz but they say that they are out of golden keys. So, I clicked "next" to transfer the points but I get a page saying " A problem occurred. Cannot find bean: "MPPointsTotal" in any scope"

Did anyone else have this problem?

grumpy28
05-23-2008, 11:11 AM
What is BP?????

BP is a gas station. I think it stands for British Petroleum.