PDA

View Full Version : Best TS lunch in Epcot with kids....

mommy22pumpkins
05-21-2008, 11:02 PM
hello all! We will be there for free dining in Sept/Oct and upgraded to DxDDP :cool1: I was trying to decide between Garden Grill and Coral Reef for lunch but can't get excited about either. The only restaurant we've ever eaten at in WS is Le Cellier. And we are eating dinner there another night.
What would be a good lunch for the whole family. I've read some of the restaurants offer a more kid friendly environment but can't for the life of me remember which ones:confused:

TIA for any tips!!

Danielle

IHEARTNY
05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Forget it, I was being dumb, I can't read apparently.

septbaby
05-21-2008, 11:28 PM
hello all! We will be there for free dining in Sept/Oct and upgraded to DxDDP :cool1: I was trying to decide between Garden Grill and Coral Reef for lunch

We had lunch there at the end of August. Loved the tank, atmosphere and we all ate everything put in front of us: 6yo had kids apple slices, cheese pizza, make your own sundae; bbq salmon sandwich, kids sundae, tilapia? can't recall dessert. We had appetizers, but won't tease you with those for 2008. The bread there is wonderful, ate more than one basket.

Kids activity sheet was great: listed sea life and we spent time marking off things as we saw them in the tank; actually held his attention until lunch came.

Finally, it was a welcome respite from a really hot park. We started in MK at 8am that day. Our lunch ADR was for 2ish, but we arrived early and were seated right away, about 30 mins early? They also have a strawberry stinger as a specialty beverage on the DP, Mom had it and it was refreshing. Waitress refilled it, but I'm not sure she was supposed to do that. We didn't ask, she simply came out with a fresh glass. :confused3

If look forward to going back there.

tigergrad
05-22-2008, 06:58 AM
My vote is for Garden Grill. Great food. Lots to choose from and it's family style. Characters are there. My big kids- 10 & 16 loved it.

MickeyNicki
05-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Beirgarten is awesome, great food, music, dancing, live band and atmosphere

therealleigh
05-22-2008, 08:14 AM
I vote for Garden Grill also. We just got back from WDW this week. We loved the garden grill and the character interaction is fantastic. My girls 10 and 11 loved it. The food was good too. The only restaurant in WDW that serves sweet tea, they brew themselves.

F1Julie
05-22-2008, 08:34 AM
We've done both Garden Grill and Coral Reef for lunch. I'd go with Garden Grill. The atomosphere is fun, the characters spent more time at each table than at most character meals and the food is pretty good. Coral Reef didn't do much for me. The food was just ok and while it was cool to see all the fish, you see the same thing walking through the Seas attraction. As another poster mentioned, Biergarten is a great option as well. We were just there for lunch in April and loved it. We plan to eat there on every trip from now on.

Tam1067
05-22-2008, 08:46 AM
We really like Coral Reef. It was one of the best dinners on our trip last year, and we'll be returning there this August.

We also ate at Garden Grill on that trip, and we found it okay but not great. We decided not to return there. It's not terrible, but it's not that good either.

danielle782001
05-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Love the character interaction, kids make-your-own cupcakes for dessert is so much fun, and the food is very fresh...It is not fancy by any means....Great for families!

disnut8
05-22-2008, 09:14 AM

Second that.

From http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

Experience the excitement of Oktoberfest with a festive dinner show in the Biergarten.
Daily at 1:15, 2:15, 3:15, 4:45, 5:55, 7:00 & 8:05pm
Length of show: 25 minutes

My note: Dancing is welcome for kids of all ages. Let your kids work off some energy by doing The Chicken Dance.

MJMcBride
05-22-2008, 09:19 AM
If you like Mexican the San Angel Inn might be a good choice. For young kids, while you are waiting you can hop on the ride next door. Kids dig the river and volcano too

TJA
05-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Interesting so many people really like Garden Grill. We ate there a year ago and didn't care for the food, though the entertainment and rotating floor were both fun. We will have to try it again sometime. On the other hand, we love Coral Reef. We all had great meals. I had tilapia and DH had pork chops. Kids enjoyed make-your-own-sundae at the end of their meals. Of course, the tank was the best attraction and kept the kids mesmerized for the whole meal.

Golf4food
05-22-2008, 09:34 AM

Ditto. Biergarten is great. Kids can get down and dance and play on the dance floor - they encourage it, actually.

SuzieN
05-22-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm going to echo everyone who is recommending Biergarten. The food was excellent and the atmosphere is great too! Our 3 kids loved it!

myAAbatteries&aTD
05-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Second that.

From http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

Experience the excitement of Oktoberfest with a festive dinner show in the Biergarten.
Daily at 1:15, 2:15, 3:15, 4:45, 5:55, 7:00 & 8:05pm
Length of show: 25 minutes

My note: Dancing is welcome for kids of all ages. Let your kids work off some energy by doing The Chicken Dance.

My dh's FAVORITE place and the kids LOVE it, too!!! They eat a lot here and love the dancing - we spend a long time every time we go and everyone has a great time!

mommy22pumpkins
05-23-2008, 10:55 AM
thanks for all the opinions. Biergarten is the one I was thinking of but couldn't remember! I guess it depends on how much ground we cover literally where we wind up eating. Hopefully we make it all the way to Germany!

thanks again I can always count on you guys to help me out. Sounds like we will have fun no matter which we decide.

Danielle

Hmbldr
05-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Third that, dittos, my 2 cents, we loved it, great choice, etc. You get the picture. ;)

Biergarten!