PDA

View Full Version : I could use a suggestion please

tflood
05-21-2008, 11:19 PM
OK here's the deal, I called back in March exactly at 180 days like a good girl and had everything set, but i've since rearranged our itinerary twice :scared: I now need one more ADR for dinner. We will be spending the day in question at AK which closes at 5, but since we don't have park hoppers, dinner will have to be at DTD or a resort. We are staying at POP and will be relying on Disney transportation, as we don't have a car this trip. We're also on the DDP and have 1 TS left. Oh, and this is during free dining :scared1: I'm leaning towards Raglan Road, Boma, or Ohana's, but i've never eaten at any of them. So what do y'all think? Any other ideas? Any advice would be appreciated :worship: Thanks!

Tiffany

minniekissedme
05-21-2008, 11:40 PM
It would help to know what else you have planned for dining...

Of the three you mention I've only been to Boma which I enjoyed very much. Different and lots of very good food...really enjoyed the soups.

I'm also a Kona fan...

lauraf
05-21-2008, 11:58 PM
What about Capt. Jack's? That is DTD and I heard it was good.

laughinplace199
05-22-2008, 06:24 AM
Of the 3 you mentioned, I've only been to Boma - and loved it.

Another suggestion would be Spoodles. We like to stroll the BW before or after dinner when we eat at Spoodles.

engle
05-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Raglan Road is good but the menu is limited....my sister calls it "bar food". I would do Boma or Ohana. Both are great. I also recommend Capt Jacks since then you'll be at DTD if you want to do something else for awhile after dinner.

mickeynut1
05-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Out of the 3 you mentioned, we have eaten at Boma and Ohana.....both of which are VERY GOOD :thumbsup2. Either one of those would be great choices :goodvibes.

tflood
05-22-2008, 08:09 AM
It would help to know what else you have planned for dining...

Yes, I guess I should have mentioned those :laughing: We have breakfast at Chef Mickey's, lunch at Crystal Palace, and dinners at Liberty Tree Tavern, Le Cellier, and Sci-Fi.

Thanks for the quick responses everyone, and thanks for the positive food reviews. I guess I would be happy with any of them. I might try for Ohana first and go from there. At least I know I have options with ADR's getting harder and harder to find. Thanks again :)

minniekissedme
05-22-2008, 08:20 AM
If you are still considering DTD you may want to consider Wolfgang Puck...a bit noisy maybe (what isn't!) but the food is good.

MickeyNicki
05-22-2008, 08:25 AM
We had Ohana dinner last month and it was fantastic! We loved Boma breakfast so much that we are going to try dinner there in Oct. The Raglan Road menu doesnt appeal to DH so I doubt we will ever eat there but I would love to try it once!

dzorn
05-22-2008, 08:46 AM
We love Boma!

atisikitabasket
05-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Raglan Road all the way here. We ate there in December and were blown away it was the best meal we had. After a while all the food started tasting the same every where we ate exept there. here is the food we sampled.

App
Drunk Chicken - 13 DN loved it and I tried and agreed
Guiness BBQ Ribs - you didn't get a lot but Oh My there were good they didn't have BBQ sauce on them they actually had like a crunchy sugary coating on the out side and I loved them.

It's not bleedin Chowder Incredible. Shrimp, mussels and fish in a cream chowder style and it was so good very filling but good.

Serious Sirloin Steak Cooked just as DH requested and he ate it all
Mac and Cheese for kids DS5 ate a lot of it which surprised me because he only likes that instant mac and cheese stuff with powder but this have very good mix of cheeses in it.

Dessert
Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding Words can not describe how wonderful this dessert was I could eat it everyday

Dunbrody Kiss - DN loves chocolate and this fixed her craving

DH had a trio of chocolate one was a mouse one was a shake and the other was a white chocolate something all served in shot glasses and he loved it.

We will be heading here again in Sept. and can't wait. I recommend it to anyone who might have a chance to eat there!!!:cloud9: