PDA

View Full Version : Do you think I need to call right at 7 am for the Grand Floridian Tea at 180 days (m)

OurDogCisco
05-21-2008, 11:00 PM
I live in CA so, I have to get up early to make those dining reservations. My 1st day to reserve is Monday, Memorial Day. I have to call day by day since we are staying offsite. So, I was thinking the Afternoon tea would be as popular but maybe I'm wrong. What do you think?

Thanks!!!

mmmears
05-21-2008, 11:06 PM
I feel your pain and know much about the 4am calls for breakfast in the castle. I dont remember it being so difficult making ADRs for the tea, but it does fill up fast because it is a very small place and a slow and leisurely experience.

Maybe call the day before and see how full it is for the day before you want to make an ADR. That might give you a better idea.

Although, I found it easier to just get up every morning at 4am, blindly hit the redial button, ask for an ADR and go back to sleep! At least there was some structure to it and it did get easier to wake up!:rotfl2:

The tea was a really fun experience for our family, and we felt as if we were miles away from a theme park!! Have a great time!!

pixie08
05-21-2008, 11:38 PM
If you have a particular day and time in mind then I would say yes. Those ressies go so fast because the lounge is only open for a few hours.

juju
05-21-2008, 11:42 PM
My niece is going to WDW in a few weeks. She made her ADR for the tea about a month ago with no problem. However, I always call 180 days out since I am usually too excited to wait. However, being in Seattle I know your pain about the time difference. But I think you can wait until later in the day to make this one.

Brewmeister
05-22-2008, 12:40 AM
I managed to make my ADRs for the Garden View Tea in September about 4 1/2 months out, and I got my first pick of times. From what I understand, the Tea isn't difficult to get into.

MickeyNicki
05-22-2008, 08:36 AM
No I dont think you have too. We went last month and it was amazing, DH loved it (pics and reviews are in my signature) and I booked it 2 months before we went, I did get the time I wanted (right at 2 when they open) but not the day.

Have a great time, it was fantastic!

OurDogCisco
05-27-2008, 01:30 AM
Well.... I forgot to call. UGH..... I was at Disneyland so, you can't blame me right? LOL... Anyways... I'll try tomorrow morning... a day late..

OurDogCisco
05-27-2008, 01:39 AM
No I dont think you have too. We went last month and it was amazing, DH loved it (pics and reviews are in my signature) and I booked it 2 months before we went, I did get the time I wanted (right at 2 when they open) but not the day.

Have a great time, it was fantastic!

Thanks... I love your food review... I love all the details you give. TFS...

Addicted to Dopey
05-27-2008, 08:36 AM
I've booked it out as far as the 180 days, but i've also booked it on the spur of the moment while we are actually already on disney property for the week we are going to be there.....if you do have a very specific time and day, then yes you should try to book it ahead of time, but if you are flexible and just want to go sometime during the vacation, dont bother getting up before the sun rises to make the reservation!

BCV23
05-27-2008, 09:06 AM
You do not need to call first thing in the morning nor at 180 days out for the tea nor for most dining reservations. Chefs Table at V&A is an exception and I think CRT still is. Le Cellier is popular enough that you want to call fairly early in your booking window but hardly first day when dining opens.

I make many reservations every trip. I usually make one call for all of them sometime after the 180 mark. Saves me tons of time. Still haven't made them for an October trip as I wanted to wait until we got back from our May trip.

Happy planning, OurDogCisco. When I was planning DL trips in the past couple years, you were such a friendly helpful person on that board. Such a nice group of DISsers over there!:surfweb:

MickeyNicki
05-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks... I love your food review... I love all the details you give. TFS...

Glad you enjoyed it!

OurDogCisco
05-27-2008, 11:41 AM
I got my reservation for the TEA... Yay... All the times were available. Thanks for the advice... I don't think I'll stress as much in getting up at 4 am except for Thanksgiving day dinner & CRT Breakfast.

jlewisinsyr
05-27-2008, 11:49 AM
It's not on DDP, so that discourages a lot of people from booking because its OOP. I booked tea room last year in September a day before we wanted to go. This year I booked last week for September. There were zero issues getting the reservation.