PDA

View Full Version : Cold in the restaurants?

Grumpy'sWife
05-21-2008, 06:24 PM
I know most threads here are asking for reviews/opinions about the food, but I'm guessing this is still the right place for this question. :)

Is it very cold in the restaurants in October? My girls have zero body fat to keep them warm and I know they'll eat better if they're teeth aren't chattering. We're mostly doing TS meals in the evening. Should I plan on taking sweaters into the restaurants for them? Or does Disney turn the AC off in the Fall?

maxiesmom
05-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Take the sweaters! I do not have zero body fat(drat!), and yet I am cold in Disney's restaurants. Especially the Liberty Tree Tavern. That one is always freezing for some reason. Oh, and most of my visits to the World have been in Ocotber, and they still have the air cranked way up, imho.

pegryfun
05-21-2008, 07:16 PM
I agree, take the sweaters!! I was at WDW in Oct. last year and I was so cold in Crystal Palace, our 1st night, that when Winnie the Pooh came to our table and hugged me I didn't want him to leave because he made me warm for a moment. From then on I took my sweater. I had to use my napkin to cover my legs at Coral Reef ( had my sweatshirt on). Some of the inside rides are also cold, but you are only on them for a few minutes.

Tricia1972
05-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Definitely bring the sweaters.

KatMark
05-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Unfortunately, at age 50, I have plenty of body fat (still working on losing those extra 15 pounds before our September trip). But even when I was thinner, I was always cold in the Disney restaurants. Bring the sweaters!

Aimeedyan
05-21-2008, 09:15 PM
You feel as if you're eating in a meat locker - I learned quickly that I need to shove a jacket in the bottom of our bag for the day and sometimes I wish I had shoved a parka in there instead!

mommycrawford
05-21-2008, 09:33 PM
We carry pashminas everywhere in Disney: some of the rides are cold as well!
Pashminas and rain ponchos...small, light, and essential!:tinker:

eeyoreiscool
05-22-2008, 05:26 AM
They try to keep the restaurants cold especially during the summer. With all the people in them, it would not be plesant if it was too warm.

magik
05-22-2008, 08:00 AM
I have to agree with everyone and say that I *always* bring at least a light sweater or sweatshirt with me when eating in the restaurants, regardless of time of year. It might even be worse in the summer because the AC is so high.

disnut8
05-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Seconding the bringing of a sweater. I'm going to Disney World this weekend and I'll wear sleeveless in the parks but I always carry a T shirt in my bag for when I go inside for a long period of time. Saved me once during Who Wants to be a Millionaire. How could I concentrate on pushing buttons when I felt like I was in an icebox?

Grumpy'sWife
05-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll add that to my ever-growing packing list. :thumbsup2

Oh, and the girls' zero body fat? They get that from their father, not me. :sad2:

bucky1023
05-22-2008, 03:30 PM
My mom carries a sweater/jacket whenever she goes to down, Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall.

oybolshoi
05-22-2008, 04:33 PM
We go every year in October and you'd be surprised (or at least we are) by just how hot the weather still is in October.

Bring the sweater - the restaurants and buses will be very cold. Trust me on that one!

jackskellingtonsgirl
05-22-2008, 05:30 PM
The restaurants are ALWAYS cold. I bring a jacket for DS12 and one for myself. If I forget to bring one for DS he steals mine and then I am FREEZING. I found a little windbreaker type thing in the "Activewear" section at Target. It folds small enough to fit in a sandwich bag, so it isn't a big deal to keep it in my little backpack. DS's jacket is a tiny bit bulkier, so it goes in DH's backpack. ;)

daughterlovesgoofy
05-26-2008, 12:23 PM
We ate at Sci-Fi and it was very cold. It felt like the cold air was blowing directly on us. We loved this place but boy was it cold. I would take a sweater, better safe than sorry.