PDA

View Full Version : Best Coffee

new york 1
05-21-2008, 06:07 PM
SIMPLE QUESTION wHO HAS THE BEST COFFEE IN WDW THANK YOU:surfweb:

cindy_k
05-21-2008, 06:28 PM
In my personal opinion, the Polynesian has the best coffee.
You can get it at the Kona Cafe, Ohana's, and the Luau.

Its Kona coffee... YUM!! :surfweb: :coffee:

perla75
05-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Not sure if this counts, but the frozen lattes at the Main St. Bakery in MK is so good!

I also like the pressed coffee at AKL & I've heard great things about the Kona coffee.

WDW is known for not having a terrific coffee selection (Nescafe:sick: )....but if you are in Epcot or the BW area and hard up for a good cup, I heard (but am not positive) that there is a actually a Starbucks in the Swan/Dolphin hotels!

Greg K.
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Don't laugh: McDonald's. You'll find them at DTD and near the All Stars.

Pirate Me
05-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Not sure if this counts, but the frozen lattes at the Main St. Bakery in MK is so good!

I also like the pressed coffee at AKL & I've heard great things about the Kona coffee.

WDW is known for not having a terrific coffee selection (Nescafe:sick: )....but if you are in Epcot or the BW area and hard up for a good cup, I heard (but am not positive) that there is a actually a Starbucks in the Swan/Dolphin hotels!

::yes:: We took our refillable mugs to get coffee all the time at the Dolphin; it is Starbucks. Sooo good.

maj42169
05-21-2008, 07:36 PM
NOT at the ALL Stars..........

Mickey_Man
05-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Best coffee:

Dolphin - you can get Starbucks
Polynesian - Kona Cafe has great coffee, and other places at Poly have solid offerings
Victoria & Alberts - OK, a little excessive just for coffee, but their coffee there is actually a part of the "dining experience"

mrincredible2008
05-21-2008, 09:12 PM
SIMPLE QUESTION wHO HAS THE BEST COFFEE IN WDW THANK YOU:surfweb:

Simple answer....

hands down....Kona Cafe....pot of french pressed Kona :surfweb:

Ron from Michigan
05-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Kona cafe has the best coffee.

whirledPeas
05-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Great question. Thanks for the thread.

poohbear158
05-22-2008, 11:13 AM
I like the pressed pot at Boma's.

Jules3Kids
05-22-2008, 11:16 AM
This is a great thread! I was about to ask the same question myself. Besides any resorts, where else is the best in the 4 parks? The frozen lattes on Main Street in MK sound great...that will get me through a hot afternoon! :)

lborne
05-22-2008, 11:18 AM
100% Kona coffee press pot at the Kona Cafe.

I'm not sure, but I think the Kona coffee served at the Kona Island Cafe is a blend and not 100% pure Kona coffee.

cindy_k
05-22-2008, 06:29 PM
NOT at the ALL Stars..........

or POP... When I stayed there in April I could barely drink it.
It was really bad.

momjkm
05-22-2008, 07:23 PM
I am a big iced coffee fan-- plan on making my own in room, refridg, ect.
what is an iced capucino (bad spelling) is it anything like an iced coffee from the northeast?
Jill

mecarroll
05-22-2008, 07:54 PM
I can tell you that the coffee that we had in our room at CSR was...what is the world Pete uses...SWILL! I love coffee and that junk they put in the room was about as nasty as hot swamp water. Ugh!

MJMcBride
05-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Ah. I remember the old days of wonderful Douwe Egberts coffee everywhere in WDW. Now we have this nestle junk. Awful. Coffee is worse than the pizza at WDW.

That said, Kona is OK over at the Poly

Judy from Boise
05-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Swalphin as Starbucks in room coffee :)

Boma has the best restaurant, a bold African blend.

missycj96
05-23-2008, 05:49 AM
They sell iced cappucino at the snack place just over the bridge to Liberty Square. Its ok. Since real iced coffee options are very limited for some strange reason at disney, its the best of what I've found at MK. Last summer, I would take my refillable mug at night and get coffee and put it in our fridge. In the morning, I'd take it to the food court, add ice and make my own iced coffee. It depends on where you are staying to bother to do this - when we were at POFQ near the food court it was easy. This time at GF, I somehow didn't bother.

warpdarkmatter
05-23-2008, 06:43 AM
kona,boma, and narcosses all have press pot coffee :thumbsup2

DVC Jen
05-23-2008, 08:29 AM
I agree - Kona's press pot is AMAING

krisk
05-23-2008, 10:01 AM
I know that the villas have coffee pots, you have to pay if you use their coffee, so, I bring my own so that I have at least a few good cups of coffee in the morning! Everything else is hit or miss throughout the day, depending upon where you eat!

nytimez
05-23-2008, 09:54 PM
I know that the villas have coffee pots, you have to pay if you use their coffee, so, I bring my own so that I have at least a few good cups of coffee in the morning! Everything else is hit or miss throughout the day, depending upon where you eat!

The ground coffee for sale in the AKL gift shop is fantastic... I usually buy that and brew it in my room. It's Kenyan coffee roasted by Joffrey's, but it's in an "exclusive for AKL" package.

pixie08
05-23-2008, 10:16 PM
kona,boma, and narcosses all have press pot coffee :thumbsup2

Yep!

Also V&A has this cool air pressure glass brewing system. So crazy and the best coffee I have ever had- but you wouldn't just go there for the coffee:rotfl:

pixie08
05-23-2008, 10:17 PM
The ground coffee for sale in the AKL gift shop is fantastic... I usually buy that and brew it in my room. It's Kenyan coffee roasted by Joffrey's, but it's in an "exclusive for AKL" package.

ooooh good to know. I am going to try it!

Chedstro
05-23-2008, 10:21 PM
There is also a coffee kiosk just inside the entry to AK - before you go through Security. Look to the right - great coffee and pastries.

Mackey Mouse
05-24-2008, 05:27 AM
French press is available also at Citrico's, great way to finish the meal. Also, I believe Spoodles serves it at breakfast, also great. Swan and Dolphin have Starbucks, thankfully..

And I always travel with my little Farberware coffeepot, and my own Green Mountain coffee.....that is how we start the day with our own and then are always the search for the perfect cup.

Dana49
05-24-2008, 06:26 AM
I think that the best coffee is Boma's presspot of Kenya AA. The Kona Cafe's presspot of Kona coffee is a close second.

RACHELSMOM1
05-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Another vote for Kona Pressed Pot. So Good!!!!

sbrotherton
05-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Another vote for Kona presspot...the Tonga Toast goes quite nicely with it. :)

Davey-D-99
05-25-2008, 05:23 PM
NOT in room coffee at POR:scared: :crazy2:
The coffee at the POR food court was at least drinkable.

Paul in CT
05-25-2008, 09:28 PM
You don't have to get the press pot coffee to get a good cup of coffee at WDW. The regular coffee (Kona blend) at Kona is also very good and you get refills! :) The price is a lot more reasonable, too.

In fact, I have found that the coffee at the best retaurants at WDW like Brown Derby, Narcoossees, FF, CG, etc. is generally outstanding. They don't use Nestle's concentrate. If you get a stale/old cup at any of these finer restaurants, you should let your server know. This happened to me one night at FF during the last seating and they made a fresh pot for me! :goodvibes