PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please!

Grumpy's_Gal
05-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Hello!

We're thinking about our ADRs for our trip in November. Please post if you have opinions/recommendations on either of the following (can be either a park or resort restaurant):

1 - The best place for a good steak dinner.

2 - The best buffets for both breakfast and lunch. We're not interested in character interaction, just the food.

Thank you!
Lori

tlhbdm
05-21-2008, 11:48 AM
1- I don't really know about this one but Le Cellier or Coral Reef I've heard are really good, but Le Cellier is hard to get reservations for.

2-Chef Mickey's is my fav buffet for breakfast, I've also heard Crystal Palace is good. I really don't have a fav for lunch/dinner

tlhbdm
05-21-2008, 11:50 AM
I would say Concourse Steakhouse was my fav steak dinner but is closing at the end of this month but the new restaurant "The Wave" (replaceing Concourse) is rumored to have my favorite steak.

MickeyNicki
05-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Yachtsman for steak dinner

Boma for buffet breakfast

Pictures of both are in my signature, April report

TiggerDad3
05-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Steak Dinner - expensive side Yachtman Steakhouse, less expensive side Le Cellier.

Best Buffets -
Breakfast - Boma, Chef Mickey(character), Crystal Palace
Lunch - Biergarten(Germany World Showcase in Epcot)

marvin12
05-21-2008, 11:59 AM
I think the best breakfast buffet is Boma's, I don't know if they serve lunch but we have had very good breakfast here.
As for a steak I have to say the Concourse was one of our favorites sad to see it go.:sad1:

SuzieN
05-21-2008, 12:11 PM
We're not big breakfast eaters so I can't help you on that one but we have been to several buffets for lunch/dinner. Our favorite is Crystal Palace - they have some really excellent food there. We have also really enjoyed the Biergarten in Epcot and the Tusker House buffet in AK! Happy planning!

snowdrift7
05-21-2008, 12:16 PM
1) We're here right now. Had a wonderful dinner at Narcoossee's (great filet). Also went to Jiko and Yachtsman but Narcoossee's was our hands-down favorite - we're going there again on our last night.

2) We went to 1900 Park Fare yesterday for the first time. Really nice character interaction (they don't overwhelm) but mostly we really enjoyed the buffet more than any others we've been to lately (including Biergarten, Boma, Cape May Cafe).

I'm sure you'll enjoy wherever you go.

mickeynut1
05-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Best place for steak, I would is say Kona Cafe at the Polynesian....awesome prime rib and filet :thumbsup2.

Best breakfast buffets.....Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club and Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. Both are character meals but the food is great at both :goodvibes.

ZebraDomeCrazy
05-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Yachtsman for steak dinner

Boma for buffet breakfast

Pictures of both are in my signature, April report

I would say exactly the same two!!! Great mins thinks alike. Jane:goodvibes

SunShineGurl
05-21-2008, 07:15 PM
steak - le cellier; yachtsman; or try the buffalo steak at artist's point for something a little different

buffet - breakfast - Boma; Tusker House has great food, huge assortment; the rotisserie ham with sauces is delicious and you can have everything from biscuits and gravy and grits to yogurt and fresh fruit and create your own omelete there, but a little noisy. We love to go to Crystal Palace - but that is mostly to get into Magic Kingdom while it is almost empty and to see Pooh and others.

lunch buffet - Biergarten in Germany