PDA

View Full Version : Best Steakhouse in WDW

MJMcBride
05-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Curios as to everyone's opinions and why? Le cellier, yachtsman, something else?

lmhall2000
05-20-2008, 09:37 PM
We really loved Yachtsman's Steakhouse....also liked LeCellier, but what's up with them? I've read 3 bad reviews on them in the past 3 months..something about a menu change? I've heard Shula's is great but we like to stick to "Disney-esque" dining when we're down there.. Shula's is more a chain but is supposed to be excellent...

Tara

Aimeedyan
05-20-2008, 09:45 PM
I think Shula's is considered levels above anything else, but I have not dined there yet.

I personally found Yachtsman to be incomparable to LeCellier in everyway. It was top notch dining.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Even though it's closing at the end of the month my family and I enjoyed the Concourse Steakhouse.

Pakey
05-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Shula's in league of it's own.

Yachtman is fine dining with large selection of steak choices. Love the restaurant and top notch service but I've had better steaks elsewhere.

Le Cellier. Not fine dining. One steak, maybe 2, on menu. Noisy, crowded, sitting so close to tables next to you that you get to know the people dining next to you by time meal is over. Not sure what the draw is here other than its a 1 TS on the dining plan.

tinkandpan
05-21-2008, 05:41 AM
Shula's is just fantantastic. You won't be able to find anything as high quality in WDW

disneygal2007
05-21-2008, 09:16 AM
We really loved Yachtsman's Steakhouse....also liked LeCellier, but what's up with them? I've read 3 bad reviews on them in the past 3 months..something about a menu change? I've heard Shula's is great but we like to stick to "Disney-esque" dining when we're down there.. Shula's is more a chain but is supposed to be excellent...

Tara

We ate at Shula's in 07 the service was wonderful can't say enough about it. The food was great 2 very $$$$$$$ but it was Valentines day.

lisa costa
05-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Love Yachtsman, we make sure we eat there at least once during every trip, and they are great to celebrate Birthdays as well!

MickeyNicki
05-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Yachtsman, THE best dinner rolls with roasted garlic! Oh and a killer filet too

kt_mom
05-21-2008, 09:36 AM
We ate at Shula's last trip and it was fantastic! My filet was excellent and the service was top notch. We took DD and she shared off our plates and had a great time. It was expensive but so worth it.

We usually eat at Yachtsman each trip and really enjoy it there too. Their filet was great as well.

I've never eaten at LeCellier so I can't comment on that, but I'm hoping to try either LeCellier or Jiko's this trip.

UGAFan0829
05-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Even though it's a Signature restaurant, my vote is for the California Grill. The steaks there were amazing!!! And of course my second choice would be Le Cellier.

heatherlynn444
05-21-2008, 10:02 AM
this is not a "Steakhouse" but my favorite steak is form Narcoossees. its so good!

Robert P
05-21-2008, 11:46 AM
I'd say Shula's first. Yachtsman Steakhouse second.

Grumpy's_Gal
05-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Can someone please tell me more about Shula's? I've never heard of it but we're looking for a good steakhouse (either onsite or off) for our trip this fall.

Thanks!
Lori

D&R love Disney
05-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Can someone please tell me more about Shula's? I've never heard of it but we're looking for a good steakhouse (either onsite or off) for our trip this fall.

Thanks!
Lori

Shula's is our favorite! It's located at the Dolphin hotel and is owned by Don Shula of Miami Dolphins fame. The restaurant is dark and is decorated with football memorabelia. The menu comes on a football and then is presented by your servers on a cart. The steaks are fantastic and the side dishes are huge, definetly share.

lady danger
05-22-2008, 11:47 AM
I would think Shula's the best, with likely Yachtsman Steakhouse as the second.

Le Cellier was good, but if I were to judge it on steakhouse standards and not just as a restaurant in Epcot, I'm not too impressed with it. I got a filet and the quality was good, but not fantastic. About on par to what you'd get at a mid-priced steakhouse chain, except you're paying like 40% more for smaller portions. We ate there last trip and while I had no complaints about my steak, I enjoyed the other two steaks I had that week (the Serious Sirloin at Raglan Road and the Sicilian Filet at Citricos) more. Which was sort of sad, since the steak I had at Raglan Road was even less expensive and gave me more for my money. And the Sicilian Filet at Citricos was one of the better steaks I've had anywhere in a long time. It was pricey, but worth every penny. Though really, now that Le Cellier has raised their prices, Citricos isn't much more money anyway. At least not for the filet.

*KeepMovingForward*
05-22-2008, 11:52 AM
I would think Shula's the best, with likely Yachtsman Steakhouse as the second.

I have to agree with you. The other places on property I think of as being restaurants that I can just happen to get a steak at, but wouldn't consider them a steakhouse. Shula's and Yachtsman are definitely my picks. :thumbsup2

madcoco
05-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Ditto pirate:

OKW Lover
05-22-2008, 04:31 PM
For us its YSH. We love the food, atmosphere and service there. We've had steak at all the other WDW places (except Shula's) and YSH is consistently the best. Not that the others aren't good, they are, but YSH is better.

WDWNicole
05-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Definitely Yachtsman over Le Cellier. Le Cellier was very disappointing when we went in April. I don't hink we'd go back any time soon.

The creamed spinach at the Yachtsman is the best.

Tiger926
05-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Yachtsmen is fabulous! I'm not a steak person at all, but my hubby is, and after repeatedly eating at Le Cellier and Kona (he loves the steaks there), we finally were able to try Yachtsmen last week, and it was amazing! He liked his steak at Cali Grill as well, but Yachtsmen is now our favourite steak meal.

Happy eating, Tiger :)

Quiksilvr
05-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Shula's is hands-down the best steakhouse on Disney property. I had the Porterhouse and my wife had the Strip. The steaks were excellent. The service is impeccable, and is truly what sets this restaurant apart. It's pretty expensive (I think my wife and I spent about $135 there without any alcoholic beverages) but worth the money.

Le Cellier is the equivalent of an Outback steakhouse with Canadian theming instead of Australian theming. If Outback is your idea of a great steak, Le Cellier will please you just fine.

MJMcBride
05-23-2008, 11:19 AM
how is Jiko's steaks?

PatriciaH
05-23-2008, 01:57 PM
In order so far:
Victoria and Albert's (both the Kobe and Midwestern beef is great, but the elk is the best)
Shula's (it is freezing in there though)
Jiko (the mac and cheese and wine sauce makes it)
Yachtsman's SH (their Porterhouse is great)
Flying Fish
Blue Zoo
Narcoossee's
Bistro (flambayed tableside-really good flavor)
Le Cellier (I like their NY Strip better-good flavor)
California Grill (not a fan of the Tamarind sauce. I love their sushi though)

mitchwebb
05-23-2008, 07:41 PM
If you have kids Shula's has two hour free kids club. It saved up $44 dollars (2 kids $11 and hour) payed for one of our steaks. The kids had a blast and wanted to go back.

http://www.swandolphin.com/kids/parents.html

DISDANCEMOM
05-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks so much for the info about child care! My dh and I were just discussing dining there but we didn't know if we wanted to pay for child care as well as such a $$$$ meal...this made our decision to dine there much easier!

Sawx04
05-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Shula's is one of the best restaurants in Flordia, never mind WDW. (however, all the Dolphin photos on the wall tend to ruin my appetite….although I do enjoy the shots of Dan “no rings” Marino.)

pixie08
05-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Yachtsmen............ but I have never tried Shula's