PDA

View Full Version : regretting ADR

Belle4mygrl
05-20-2008, 08:44 PM
We will be leaving DHS around midafternoon and over to B&C for The Kitchen Sink a surprise for our kids. Then we have 6:30pm res. @ Teppan Edo. I am really regretting this ADR. What do you think? I know some have said we will not be hungry after the sink but we are sharing 2 meals so that isn't a problem. I am afraid we won't like it. My husband likes different foods and I don't mind trying new foods. But I haven't seen many reservations on here at Edo.

Should I try somewhere else in the World?

septbaby
05-20-2008, 08:51 PM
I think the ADR ie. eating there is fine. I think with Lunch and the Kitchen Sink at B&C you won't have enough of an appetite to enjoy it. I'd put it on another day or more it to after 8pm. The way you have it you'll finish the Sink and in 3hrs be looking to eat again, just seems too close.

I ate at Chef Mickey's around noon and not again until 9pm or so and even then we shared a CS meal.

disnut8
05-21-2008, 09:44 AM
What was it your mother always said when she tried to get you to try a new food when you were a kid? "How do you know you won't like it until you've tried it?"

You are already condemning this meal and you haven't even gotten to Disney World!

Maybe you will be like Mikey with the Life cereal - hey, he likes it!

MickeyNicki
05-21-2008, 10:06 AM
We have eaten there before the remodel but it has been about 5 years. We are planning on going back in Aug and I have a ressie but I dont know if I want to keep it, not because the food is bad or anything but because they do not give you fried rice, soup and salad and shrimp appie like the local places by my home do. DH loves hibachi cooking and he wants to keep it but I am still hesitant...also because I would like to eat at a place that I dont have locally

iloveokw
05-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Teppen Edo is wonderful. But I will warn you at Spring Break my hubbie, daughter and her friend had the sink and didn't feel well afterwards - I think they didn't even eat dinner that night and they did it early afternoon. I wouldn't waste the $$ on a nice dinner after that surprise.

Belle4mygrl
05-21-2008, 09:11 PM
What was it your mother always said when she tried to get you to try a new food when you were a kid? "How do you know you won't like it until you've tried it?"

You are already condemning this meal and you haven't even gotten to Disney World!

Maybe you will be like Mikey with the Life cereal - hey, he likes it!

Just cautiously wondering. No harm in that I think. :cool1:

DisneyDancin7
05-21-2008, 09:59 PM
I agree with the OP...if you eat the sink earlier in the day, you will be able to eat again, but not until much later, the sink is like eating a buffet!

cwt580
05-22-2008, 04:37 AM
not sure about the sharing of 2 meals. another discussion is going about this subject. Have been told that number of people seated is the number that are charged. This may only apply to buffets so i may be wrong.

we find that if you do a TS lunch most of the time you wont be hungry at an early dinner time. usually TS burn up a little time so 2 TS in 1 day may use up more time than you like.

Mackey Mouse
05-22-2008, 05:21 AM
We were just there in March and have to say once again consistently good meal. We try to go there when we are in WDW.....and when we were using the DDE plan, they did not take it so we were absent for a while. As I have not renewed DDE, we ate there in March and it was terrific.. Not sure about the sharing thing, you may want to call and ask if that would be a problem? They cook it order in front so I am not sure how they would do that.. just divide one portion into two?? not sure.

missycj96
05-22-2008, 05:49 AM
I don't think you'll be hungry enough for a full table service meal at 6:30. Plus if your kids just sat at B&C will they want to sit down again for a meal? Why not enjoy the Kitchen Sink and then do counter service at Epcot whenever you feel hungry for dinner?

Belle4mygrl
05-23-2008, 09:57 PM
not sure about the sharing of 2 meals. another discussion is going about this subject. Have been told that number of people seated is the number that are charged. This may only apply to buffets so i may be wrong.

we find that if you do a TS lunch most of the time you wont be hungry at an early dinner time. usually TS burn up a little time so 2 TS in 1 day may use up more time than you like.

we were there last Sept during free dining and shared meals at San Angel Inn and the Italian Restaurant and had no problem. But I did call and ask about Princess StoryBook Dining and said if not eating would be charged an entertainment fee. As to other non character buffet dining ??????