PDA

View Full Version : New Indiana Jones Show in Adventureland

toocherie
05-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Disneyland calendar is showing "Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Stone Tiger" as starting on May 22nd (the date the new Indiana Jones movie comes out).

Times: 10:30am 11:30am 12:30pm 2:15pm 3:15pm 4:15pm 5:15pm

Since the show is rumored to be in the same spot as the Alladin & Jasmine's Story Time Adventures--sounds to me like they are using the same set--since the "cave of wonders" in the old show I believe was a stone tiger. Will be interesting to see--I am going to try to see it this weekend.

bumbershoot
05-20-2008, 07:35 PM
You and I are following each other around. :)

I posted this (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1831999), then went over to mouseplanet b/c I remembered a conversation there about it, saw your post and replied (I'm hobbitfeet), found the conversation and gave the date there, then came over and you've posted this thread! :goodvibes

Now who can get to micechat first? :rotfl:

Just kidding about the last bit, I gotta go use a wipe on DS's bum, so you'll beat me there. :upsidedow

Silly Little Pixie
05-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Disneyland calendar is showing "Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Stone Tiger" as starting on May 22nd (the date the new Indiana Jones movie comes out).

Times: 10:30am 11:30am 12:30pm 2:15pm 3:15pm 4:15pm 5:15pm

Since the show is rumored to be in the same spot as the Alladin & Jasmine's Story Time Adventures--sounds to me like they are using the same set--since the "cave of wonders" in the old show I believe was a stone tiger. Will be interesting to see--I am going to try to see it this weekend.

Let us know how it is. DS is a HUGE Indy fan, so he'd love to see a show. In fact, he's been humming that theme song tune for weeks!

Guess where we're going on Friday? :lmao:

daisy_77
05-20-2008, 08:53 PM
I am so excited to see this!:banana:

Thanks for the post (and yours too, Molly)!:thumbsup2

Califgirl
05-20-2008, 09:10 PM
I'll be at DLR this weekend too. I was thinking of seeing the Indy movie Sunday morning -ish. It would be fun to go see the new Indy show, too.

Molly, we need a mini meet! :goodvibes Cheryl, I'll see you for sure on Sunday night.

bumbershoot
05-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Does sound like some of us should meet up, doesn't it? :)

We won't be hitting the parks until Monday, b/c Sunday is a blockout date and we just can't justify $120 in blockout passes.

But Monday is DS's 4th birthday and we will be doing every little thing his heart desires! He hasn't seen Indy, but I'm sure once he sees this show, or whatever it is, he's going to start asking for a fedora. :rotfl:

toocherie
05-20-2008, 09:49 PM
You and I are following each other around. :)

I posted this (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1831999), then went over to mouseplanet b/c I remembered a conversation there about it, saw your post and replied (I'm hobbitfeet), found the conversation and gave the date there, then came over and you've posted this thread! :goodvibes

Now who can get to micechat first? :rotfl:

Just kidding about the last bit, I gotta go use a wipe on DS's bum, so you'll beat me there. :upsidedow

LOL--even with the bum wiping you'll beat me because for some reason I've just never gotten into micechat!

NWPrincess
05-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Oooo...an Indy show. My BF will love this as he is not a huge fan of Disney characters, but IS a huge fan of George Lucas (and Indy and Star Wars :goodvibes )! Although he was not too thrilled about the WDW version (MGM, Disney Studios show), I think this may be different since it doesn't seem so big and we won't have to sit in an auditorium. Maybe I can lure him to the Jungle Cruise after the Indy ride and show...:cool2:

Mary Jo
05-20-2008, 10:57 PM
When we had the all-girls outing, some of our group were told that the Indiana Jones show would take place where Aladdin is, and also part of Adventureland - rooftop area. We were walking in Adventureland trying to figure out where.

Did someone suggest a mini-meet?

bumbershoot
05-20-2008, 11:23 PM
mini-meet....I'll be in Anaheim on Sunday, but not in the parks. We leave on Thursday. Find us! :goodvibes

Oh, OK, someone think of a day and time and place.

minniefaye
05-21-2008, 12:31 AM
thanks for posting this!!! my two ds's will be thrilled. We loved the Indy show at WDW, can't wait to see this too. :cool1:

goofy's friends
05-21-2008, 01:11 AM
My alone trip is this weekend! Can't wait to see it! If you guys meet, let me know and I will try to join you. I also will not be in the park Sun., but on Mon. and Tues.

VegasMike21
05-21-2008, 07:38 AM
Gonna do the show tomorrow, can't wait to see what it's like. Thanks everyone for posting this, I doubt I would of even seen it since I never pick up a park map or anything.

honeymom
05-21-2008, 08:11 AM
I'll grab a lime green mickey at Home Depot today.

My daughter has some issues so I won't plan any specific meetups (I have to watch her mood - she has something called intermittent explosive disorder. Doesn't happen often, but when she blows it can be bad). But, as long as you see us and no tantrum going on (she is 12 and tall), feel free to say hello.

natenapril
05-21-2008, 10:28 AM
I will be there Tues and Wednesday if you guys meet.
honeymom, I have an almost 11 year old DD so they can have someone to talk to too(and mine is tall too).:thumbsup2

dbanzai
05-21-2008, 10:32 AM
I'm arriving early this Saturday and coming home Monday evening. Inside that time, I'm up!

I intend to see the movie tomorrow.

ballarinamom
05-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Does anyone know how long they intend to run this show before the switch back?

IASWAM
05-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Here's a quote from MousePlanet about the new Indy stuff:

Indiana Jones Summer of Hidden Mysteries

With Steven Spielberg's fourth installment of the Indiana Jones franchise hitting theaters next week with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Disneyland has announced a number of new Adventureland activities promoting the fedora-hatted archeologist, including:

Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Stone Tiger – Young guests become archeologists as they solve clues, complete tasks and decipher codes, Indy style which leads to a hidden treasure. A friendly and helpful female archeologist, who may not be as innocent as she seems, will host the experience. However, if her intentions are found to be villainous, Indy will surely be on the scene to aid the youngsters.
Indiana Jones Adventure Map – Guests will be able to pick up a special map near the entrance to Aladdin's Oasis, leading them to a series of clues that, when deciphered, reveal a secret message. This message can be used online to obtain an exclusive download of desktop wallpaper, screen saver or other collateral. The map also has a section that highlights activities in the queue of Indiana Jones Adventure and the Jungle Cruise.
Adventure Photo Location – Guests can step into an action-packed sequence inspired by Raiders of the Lost Ark. They can also pick up their Indiana Jones Adventure Maps at this location.
Indiana Jones Adventure Queue – Using their Indiana Jones Adventure Maps as a guide, guests will discover an exciting array of secrets hidden away in the queue of the attraction.
Jungle Cruise – The Jungle Cruise Skipper spiel has been enhanced to reflect the idea that Indy has been traveling through the jungle on his latest expedition – and we will signs of his exploits. Moreover, Guests with a keen eye can look for hidden icons from the first three films, which are described in their Adventure Maps.
Indiana Jones in Adventureland! – Indiana Jones and a male enemy agent run into each other in the street and pursue one another through Adventureland – pushing through the crowd, popping up here, there and everywhere! Seems one of them has a map to the Temple of the Forbidden Eye that the other wants. This results in a series of fun-filled, dramatic staged "moments" that include fights on balconies, pursuits and daring escapes!

Sounds pretty cool.

janey14
05-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Yes... I was just there too bad I missed this.

Please tell us how it is!

minniecarousel
05-21-2008, 11:51 AM
That sounds like fun!

Do we expect these things to occur throughout the summer too?

Dizneydaz
05-21-2008, 02:52 PM
I saw the sign in the tram loading area on Monday. I think I can squeeze in one more trip to DL before DD8 returns to school (on Thur. the 29th) Either Friday or Tuesday?

I'll check here for a review before we go. :goodvibes

(Hope we get another Dream FP! We've been doing pretty good lately-check out my sig.!)

pycees312
05-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Does sound like some of us should meet up, doesn't it? :)

We won't be hitting the parks until Monday, b/c Sunday is a blockout date and we just can't justify $120 in blockout passes.

But Monday is DS's 4th birthday and we will be doing every little thing his heart desires! He hasn't seen Indy, but I'm sure once he sees this show, or whatever it is, he's going to start asking for a fedora. :rotfl:

lol same here with block out dates.. we are going monday-tuesday. but we arrive iin Anaheim on Sat and will just enjoy the resort and the area until Monday.

Jenn1116
05-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Is that really only for the summer???? :(

VegasMike21
05-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Is that really only for the summer???? :(

looks like it's only for the summer and to promote the movie, everything sounds pretty cool though.

Jenn1116
05-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Bummer... my dad would'a liked that. Ok, and me too! lol

DisneyLover4Ever!
05-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Does amyone know how far into the summer it'll be running? It sounds so fun! I have a family of Indy freaks and it would be amazing to get to do this.

december
05-21-2008, 06:49 PM
I'll be there Saturday afternoon through Tuesday. This sounds like so much fun-ds10 will be thrilled!

dbanzai
05-22-2008, 10:32 AM
So what's the latest on a mini-meet? Looks like a lot of us will be there Monday... Anyone want to aim for a certain showing?

toocherie
05-22-2008, 10:48 AM
So what's the latest on a mini-meet? Looks like a lot of us will be there Monday... Anyone want to aim for a certain showing?

I would say Sunday or Monday--maybe the first show on Monday?

dbanzai
05-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Since it looks like blackouts will keep some from getting there Sunday, I'd say Monday... Looks like 10:30 is the first show that day. Works for me!

bumbershoot
05-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I will try to be there! I have a pink baggalini and y'all know from my avatar what DS and I look like. :)

december
05-22-2008, 04:55 PM
This sounds like fun! If I can get my group up and out we'll be there!

toocherie
05-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Ok--I'll be on a scooter so won't be hard to miss.

Mary Jo
05-22-2008, 05:01 PM
1st show on Monday? Sounds good to me!

Shall we do lunch afterwards? (if there is even a place to go?)

toocherie
05-22-2008, 05:16 PM
1st show on Monday? Sounds good to me!

Shall we do lunch afterwards? (if there is even a place to go?)

Should I call and try to get a lunch PS for say 6 people at Cafe Orleans? Maybe at noon? (maybe we'll have time for Pirates and/or HM in between!)

Or we can just try River Belle Terrace or Rancho de Zocalo.

toocherie
05-22-2008, 05:17 PM
can you guys tell that I'd much rather plan our mini-meet than work on the security systems contract I am working on???????

Califgirl
05-22-2008, 05:48 PM
First show on Monday! I'll try to be there with my hubby. I think we're going to the movie on Sunday, so it will be fun to see the Adventureland show on Monday. Cheryl, can you add us to the ressie? Any of those places sound good. :goodvibes

pycees312
05-22-2008, 05:51 PM
how cute. will try and make the first show.

toocherie
05-22-2008, 06:05 PM
First show on Monday! I'll try to be there with my hubby. I think we're going to the movie on Sunday, so it will be fun to see the Adventureland show on Monday. Cheryl, can you add us to the ressie? Any of those places sound good. :goodvibes

absolutely! I'll call right now.

toocherie
05-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Ok--so the best I could do was a PS for 8 people at 11:50 am. OUTSIDE at Cafe Orleans. Do we chance that the rain goes away and it's not too cold?

I have to run to an appt--let me know your thoughts.

Mary Jo
05-22-2008, 06:57 PM
I think that is a great idea. Yeaaaa, I get to meet Califboy ;)

Rain should be done by then.

toocherie
05-22-2008, 08:05 PM
I think that is a great idea. Yeaaaa, I get to meet Califboy ;)

Rain should be done by then.

and hopefully the tornados too! :scared1:

Yep--I'm excited to meet Califboy too!

Molly--are you and Eamon (hope I got that right) joining for lunch too?

If so there are two more lunch spots available; if not there are four more spots. Or we can try to make an additional reservation if there are more people than that. But they were pretty filled up (i.e., nothing available inside all afternoon) for PSs when I called today, so we need to be quick (and even then might not be successful).

toocherie
05-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Duh--Molly--just had a thought--is your DH coming with you? Don't know why I thought it was just you and your son . . . . obviously hubby is welcome for lunch too!

dbanzai
05-22-2008, 11:01 PM
I'll be wearing a tie-dyed shirt with a lime Mickey-looking design.

Armadillo4
05-22-2008, 11:35 PM
The OC Register had reporters at Disneyland today to watch the first day of the new Indy entertainment offerings in Adventureland. It looks like fun!

- They posted a quick blog entry (http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2008/05/22/indiana-jones-live-production-captivates-kids/) about it.
- They have a short 1:30 video clip (http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1127694947/bclid1334447366/bctid1568157689) with highlights (*spoiler alert*) of the Secret of the Stone Tiger as well as the roving stunt show (streetmosphere) through Adventureland.

mommaU4
05-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks for posting those links. I can't wait to see it in person.

And although it was hard to see for sure, Indy looks pretty darn hot! :smokin:

That is so great some of you are getting a mini meet going. How fun!! :dance3: I can't wait to hear how that goes and what you all think of the show.

toocherie
05-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Yes, thanks for the links! As I suspected, they have basically used the Alladin & Jasmine Storyttime set--they haven't changed much that I could see. Will be fun to watch--especially with fellow Dis-ers!

Beth--two weeks from tomorrow you'll be in Anaheim!

mommaU4
05-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Yes, thanks for the links! As I suspected, they have basically used the Alladin & Jasmine Storyttime set--they haven't changed much that I could see. Will be fun to watch--especially with fellow Dis-ers!

Beth--two weeks from tomorrow you'll be in Anaheim!
I know!!! Hanging out with you no less. :banana:

bumbershoot
05-23-2008, 03:23 PM
toocherie, we're not sure of our schedule that day...it's Boy's actual b'day so it's mainly up to him. So don't add us to the PS.

toocherie
05-23-2008, 03:33 PM
toocherie, we're not sure of our schedule that day...it's Boy's actual b'day so it's mainly up to him. So don't add us to the PS.

ok--will do! (or don't-0-LOL)

toocherie
05-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Ok--so this is the group I have for lunch at 11:50 at Cafe Orleans on Monday May 26th:

me (Cheryl)
Mary Jo
Califgirl (Chris)
Califboy (Chris' husband)
dbanzai (Dave)

I am still waiting to hear if DBF will be joining us or not. In any event I for sure have two spots available if there are any other Dis-ers who want to join us.

Dizneydaz
05-24-2008, 11:23 AM
We saw the 3:15 show yesterday. As DD8 is going back to school on the 29th we decided to go to KBF and DL yesterday. We spent about 3 hrs. at KBF and then headed to DL. Got there just before 3:00 got in line for the show and luckily we were one of the last to make it.:thumbsup2 Actually the dad and DD behind were the last. Glad I told the family in front of me they were in the wrong line. They thought they were in line for the ride. :rotfl2:

So, DD sat on the ground in front of the stage on the far right side (looking at the stage). There was a CM seated near her-this was important as she was chosen to do something on stage. I grabbed a seat on the end of a row which worked well for recording it.

The show was cute, ran about 16 min. (I took video of complete show). It was mostly a woman archaelogist (Rachel) following Indy's found journal to locate a missing artifact. She gets kids from the audience to help. And of course Indy shows up at the end. I won't tell you what happens after-that way you'll be surprised! :woohoo:

Anyway, I've never uploaded a video before, if I can do it I'll post a link here. But beware, it is the entire show (missing the first 30 sec. or so) so *spoiler alert*.

After the show we went outside and I took a few pix of DD with the photo op thingy. Then Indy showed up over our heads and fought off a bad guy. We didn't see any other action with Indy but we left the area right after that to grab FP for BTMR and go to Pirate Lair.

We also didn't see the map thing which helps you discover clues but I assume it has to do with the ride and we didn't ride it-it was a 45 min. wait. and FP weren't good until after 8 p.m. by then and I knew we would leave before then.

So, now I'm going to try to upload my video. I'll add the link if I'm successful. :goodvibes

Hope you all have a nice meet 'n greet on Monday! :goodvibes

dbanzai
05-26-2008, 08:04 AM
See you all there! I have a meeting with my DVC guide beforehand, but I made it early enough that it shouldn't interfere with the show. If it does, I'll meet you by the entrance.

I'll also be wearing a reddish DVC hat and some... Eye-catching sunglasses.

lilallybean
05-26-2008, 08:22 AM
We just got back from DL. We were there the opening day of this show, but most shows were cancelled due to the rain. We missed seeing it, but we did get the map and clues. Not a big challenge, but it was fun for the kids ages 9, 7, and 4. You basically had to find some clues hidden in the area and from the clues get a 'code' sentence. You don't get anything there doing it, but whenyou get home you put the code in and if you get it right you can download a screensaver. On the back of the map there is also a listing of "relics" to look for.

VegasMike21
05-26-2008, 12:55 PM
I too seen this show on Saturday and I too thought the show was pretty good as it's geared towards kids, but it's a fun little show about 15 minutes long. Also in Adventureland depending on what time you show up you'll get to see Indy chasing a bad guy through the streets of Adventureland and on the Jungle Cruise there's about 3 Indy comments from the Skipper, nothing to ruin the original jungle cruise at all.

Stacerita
05-26-2008, 03:02 PM
I just saw it the show earlier today. It was alright. Not sure what I was expecting though. I took DD and cousin, and they weren't that crazy about it either. I wish they would have changed the set a bit more though. We did do the decoded map we enjoyed that. It was really crowded in the area when Indy started chasing that guy, so it was confusing to some as to what was going on. Smaller kids would enjoy it more especially with the participation.

dbanzai
05-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Show-wise, I wasn't ovrely impressed... I was a little surprised it was as violent as it was, which isn't to say it's excessive.

Was great meeting everyone though! Hope the rest of the day went well!

Stacerita
05-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Show-wise, I wasn't ovrely impressed... I was a little surprised it was as violent as it was, which isn't to say it's excessive.

Was great meeting everyone though! Hope the rest of the day went well!

I have to agree with you on violence. I was surprised at it as well. And since it was between those two characters. I thought it was a bit odd.

Nice meeting you too!

Bsbllmom
05-26-2008, 10:34 PM
I wish that I had read this post earlier. I would have loved to meet up with you guys. My son and I went today, stood in line since they were already letting people in, the kept asking for 2, 4, 2 people. We got up to the front and they were looking for more seats and they didn't have any more. So we didn't watch it just went on the hunt with the map.

Mary Jo
05-26-2008, 10:53 PM
I wish that I had read this post earlier. I would have loved to meet up with you guys. My son and I went today, stood in line since they were already letting people in, the kept asking for 2, 4, 2 people. We got up to the front and they were looking for more seats and they didn't have any more. So we didn't watch it just went on the hunt with the map.

We would have loved to have had you join us. Hopefully next time. :)

dbanzai
05-27-2008, 12:23 AM
I have to agree with you on violence. I was surprised at it as well. And since it was between those two characters. I thought it was a bit odd.

Nice meeting you too!

Yeah, the choice of characters for the fight was questionable.

TheAmazingSpidey
05-27-2008, 10:07 AM
So how long does the Indy stuff last? All Summer?

I'm a huge Indy fan and I'd hate to miss out on it. ::yes:: I might be going to Disneyland early June. :)

toocherie
05-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Yes--it's supposed to last through the summer.

My take on it--extremely contrived and obviously just trying to "hype" the movie. I didn't even think the use of the kids was very well thought out (snakes?) I can't wait for it to go back to Alladin and Jasmine's storytelling--much better experience.