PDA

View Full Version : June/July PhotoPass Share....Closed!

Disneyluvr
05-20-2008, 05:42 PM
I have not seen one and I am wanting to do a July Photopass share. I will be there July 8-11 if there is anyone wanting to have one.

If you can host this please let us know.

I could help with all the organization part of it but I have no way to copy the DVD's (my computer is not always reliable and I don't have a burner)

Disneyluvr
05-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Bump.

Anyone?

Disneyluvr
05-27-2008, 11:57 AM
There must be more July Dis'ers that want to share a photopass:worried:

5 Disney Fans
05-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Hi Disneyluvr,

We will be there from June 25-July 4th. How does the photopass share work?

Cruiser1969
05-27-2008, 01:16 PM
I have not seen one and I am wanting to do a July Photopass share. I will be there July 8-11 if there is anyone wanting to have one.

I would like to participate . . . I'll be going July 4-10.

hogwild
05-27-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm going June 16-19th and would love to get in. If I understand the photopass system. I could wait until the 30 days to "capture" the photos was almost up to claim mine. THat would put it into July. Then there would be 20 days to actually order it.

Let me know if this would work.

mo3bys
05-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Hope this helps :)

Here is an explanation about the time frame from http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

An important thing to note regarding disneyphotopass.com, however, is that you are time limited to how long your photos are available online, so keep this in mind when you make your decision. You have 30 days to claim the photos by adding the card number to your account and the photos will then expire and be deleted 30 days from that point.

Disneyluvr
05-27-2008, 05:23 PM
I am hoping that someone with more experience will jump on board and offer their help :worship:
I only know the little info I have read here and would love to join a share group but really do not know enough myself to host and put it together.

So if anyone is willing to help out here please let us know. :thanks:

mo3bys
05-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Take a look at ours-- It isn't that hard to set up. The best way to purchase is not to pre-order the cd though. If you buy the cd at the end when everyone is done downloading and editing their pics it is only $79.95 plus $5.00 S/H. Here is our June Thread......
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1829280

another share thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=25264847#post25264847&highlight=photopass+share+

another thread with helpful info
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=22284894#post22284894&highlight=photopass+share+

HoneyBee06
05-27-2008, 10:04 PM
I thought Disney didn't allow photopass sharing.

mo3bys
05-28-2008, 12:11 PM
I thought Disney didn't allow photopass sharing.

I couldn't find any where in the terms and conditions that said you couldn't share a photopass account. What about when large families go............

Another option is to organize or participate in a Disney's PhotoPass share. If you're going with a group of people, such as extended family, or even other groups of guests found through a website who will be at the parks around the same time, you can reduce the cost of the PhotoCD for everyone by creating one account for everyone and splitting the cost of Disney's PhotoPass. The person in charge of the share will then be responsible for making sure everyone edits and enhances their photos in a timely fashion and then will be in charge of ordering, receiving, duplicating and distributing the CDs to each participant. If you choose to do this with virtual strangers, however, please exercise caution as you will have no recourse if something goes wrong (unless of course you are the organizer).
--Copied from StitchKingdom--

Disneyluvr
05-29-2008, 03:37 PM
bump

Anyone else??

mo3bys
05-29-2008, 04:34 PM
You already have 4 people.......

Disneyluvr July 8-11
5 Disney Fans June 25-July4th
Cruiser 1969 July4-10
hogwild June 16-19

For just the 4 of you, If you were all just going to DL and CA (not WDW) Your shares would only be about $25.00 each (with cd's, mailers, cases, postage and the $79.95 plus $5.00 S/H)

If you all don't want to lead a group----you may want to change the title to the thread "Looking for someone to lead July photoshare"

Or one of you can take it on :)
I wish you all the best and hope you all find/make a group :)

Disneyluvr
05-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks Mo3bys, you are a wealth of info! It's all been really helpful. I will take your advice and change the subject title, Your info really cleared things up and I can sort out the logistics of it I just don't have a way to copy the discs.

Disneyluvr
06-01-2008, 12:08 PM
bump

Disneyluvr
06-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Anyone willing to help?

Cruiser1969
06-03-2008, 05:16 PM
bump!!

Disneyluvr
06-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Still looking :yay:

Braves888
06-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Whew! I had to find this thread again since it had dropped to page 3...

My husband and I will be at Disneyland July 1-3 with our 17 month old, so I'd love to get in on the photopass share since it will be hard to get family photos of us all together otherwise.

I haven't participated in a share before (I haven't even posted here before, even though I've been reading these boards for a long time, because I'm a big time researcher but not so chatty) but I've read through the entire June photopass share thread and I think I understand how to do the share.

All this to say that if you still need a host I think I could do it. There are a few details I'm having trouble figuring out (this is probably just due to being a photopass newbie) but I can figure it out within the month. But I can burn CDs or DVDs and I'm pretty organized. We usually go to D-World because my parents live close by, so we always have had multiple people to take pictures of everyone. I was hoping for a share so we wouldn't have to shell out $$$ for the few pictures we will be able to accumulate over three days!

We're friends with a couple who are going to DL the week after us; I can see if they'd want to participate, too.

So, if you're all still interested, let's do it!

Kristy

princesskayla
06-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi guys! I would love to get in on this photoshare. I am going to DL June 21-25 so I believe that I would have until July 21 to get my photos added. If that wouldn't be too early I would love to share. I am going solo, so if I want pictures of me I will have to do photopass or bother someone to take my picture the entire trip. However, I am not so into myself that I need to spend $80.00 on pictures of just me. That is why I would like to share. If it will not work because I am going in June, that will be okay as well. Thanks!

Cruiser1969
06-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Whew! I had to find this thread again since it had dropped to page 3...

My husband and I will be at Disneyland July 1-3 with our 17 month old, so I'd love to get in on the photopass share since it will be hard to get family photos of us all together otherwise.

I haven't participated in a share before (I haven't even posted here before, even though I've been reading these boards for a long time, because I'm a big time researcher but not so chatty) but I've read through the entire June photopass share thread and I think I understand how to do the share.

All this to say that if you still need a host I think I could do it. There are a few details I'm having trouble figuring out (this is probably just due to being a photopass newbie) but I can figure it out within the month. But I can burn CDs or DVDs and I'm pretty organized. We usually go to D-World because my parents live close by, so we always have had multiple people to take pictures of everyone. I was hoping for a share so we wouldn't have to shell out $$$ for the few pictures we will be able to accumulate over three days!

We're friends with a couple who are going to DL the week after us; I can see if they'd want to participate, too.

So, if you're all still interested, let's do it!

Kristy

Welcome Kristy!!!

Thanks for volunteering to be our Photopass leader, Kristy! I would have stepped up to do this myself, but being Canadian, the International shipping would have added to our total and to the shipping of copied CDs back to the participants. I don't think anyone would have appreciated those extra costs!!!

I am more than happy to support you through the process, though, as I just completed a (Canadian) photopass share for our WDW trip. It really is quite easy to do, so I'm sure you'll do great!!!

So here's our group in order of departure . . .

hogwild June 16-19
princesskayla June 21-25
5 Disney Fans June 25-July 4
Braves888 July 1-3
Cruiser 1969 July 4-10
Disneyluvr July 8-11

Account needs to be opened by July 16 and ordered by 30 days after opening.

I'll let you take it from here, Kristy (Braves888) :thumbsup2

joeysmommy
06-07-2008, 01:50 AM
I'd like to get in on this photo pass share.
We're going June 16-19th.

Thanks,
Natalie

kc10family
06-07-2008, 03:54 AM
we will be in DL Jul 13-16, will we make the cut off?

Disneyluvr
06-07-2008, 08:41 AM
WooHoo this is fabulous!! Thank you so much Kristy for taking this on!!

Jessd
06-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi!

I am going to purchase a photopass cd and am willing to share it.

My pictures start to expire 6-24 so I will be purchasing it probably the day before.

I know it isn't much notice, but if there are any of you with June dates that would like to be added, just send me a PM.

Braves888
06-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I am more than happy to support you through the process, though, as I just completed a (Canadian) photopass share for our WDW trip. It really is quite easy to do, so I'm sure you'll do great!!!

Oh, good! I'll come to you with questions, then.... :)

So, as I understand it, the process goes like this: (what I'm uncertain about is in red)

After we get the list pretty settled, I'd calculate the cost of the CD + shipping + CDs (I can also do DVDs) + mailers + everyone's postage and divide it by the # of sharers. Then everyone sends me their money (when does this happen? before you go on your trip?) and in the meantime I set up a photopass share account, and give the group the name & password.

We all go on our wonderful vacations, get as many pictures as possible, and upon returning, download our pics to the one account. (I saw on the June thread that everyone had a specific "download day." Why do they do this and do we need to schedule that also?)

When everyone's finished downloading and editing, I'll order the CD, make copies (everyone's pictures on their own CD, or just straight copies? I can do either if it's easy to see who's pics are who's) and send them off!

From what I understand of the timing, we would have 30 days from the time we get our photopass card to go online and claim them, and then 30 days after that after the FIRST person downloads their pics to our account to order the CD (except that the later trippers have less time to download their pics because the clock has already started ticking).

Should we have a cut-off date for new sign-ups and a limit to the # of people in our group? I'm thinking 10 or less would be pretty doable. I saw a couple more people have added on. I'll add them to the list...

Last thing, do people want to communicate using this thread (or I can start a new one) or by email? I will definitely give folks my email so they can contact me directly with questions or problems, and I'm leaning toward communicating with everyone by email after we have the group set.

Anything I'm forgetting? I'm confident we'll work it out as it goes. :cool2:

Kristy

Braves888
06-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Just updating the list so far:

hogwild..............June 16-19
joeysmommy.......June 16-19
princesskayla......June 21-25
5 Disney Fans.....June 25-July 4
Braves888..........July 1-3
Cruiser 1969.......July 4-10
Disneyluvr..........July 8-11
kc10family..........July 13-16

If hogwild & joeysmommy downloaded their pics starting on June 20, we'd have until July 19 to order the CD. I would suggest that perhaps you guys wait at least a few days (like, June 23) to give kc10family a few extra days at the end there to get back into the groove of post-vacation home time and download their pics. But it looks to me like we'll all fit on this photopass share nicely.

I'll let this thread hang around to see if we have any more takers, and ask my local friends to see if they'll join. Right now with the 8 of us we're probably looking at $12.50-$13 a piece, which is just fine by me. ::yes::

Kristy

joeysmommy
06-07-2008, 07:44 PM
No problem, I can download mine on June 20th.

Thanks Kristy for offering to host and organize.

Natalie

BramsKT
06-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I would love to get in on this share as well if there is still room. My daughter and her friends are going July 8-11.
Thanks,
Katie

(also a long time reader but first time poster on these boards)

JzeroT1437
06-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Wait, so this cheapens the cost of getting the photopass CDs?

Count me in. I'm going to be there from the 5th-8th.

camouseketeer
06-08-2008, 02:40 PM
We'd like to join.

Our dates are July 8 - 10.

Jeannine

Braves888
06-08-2008, 05:01 PM
No problem, I can download mine on June 20th.

Actually, I was thinking along the lines of downloading beginning June 23 or so, if you can wait that long to see your pics! This give a little extra time for the later trippers.

Ok, I've added the last few posters; updated list:

Screenname.......Trip Dates
hogwild..............June 16-19
joeysmommy.......June 16-19
JzeroT1437.........July 5-8
camouseketeer....July 8-10
Disneyluvr...........July 8-11
BramsKT.............July 8-11

And...I think I'll close this share to new entries. We have 11 total (possible 12 if my real-life friends join). That's enough for me to handle! We're kind of a late June/early July share anyway. We couldn't have later trippers than what we already have.

Disneyluvr, I don't have enough posts to PM. Could you change the title of this thread to something that reflects that we're set (and don't need a host anymore, obviously) for a Late June/early July photopass share. That way we can still use this thread to communicate.

Thanks!
Kristy

Cruiser1969
06-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Kristy:
I will respond in blue:goodvibes
Maria

Oh, good! I'll come to you with questions, then.... :)

So, as I understand it, the process goes like this: (what I'm uncertain about is in red)

After we get the list pretty settled, I'd calculate the cost of the CD + shipping + CDs (I can also do DVDs) + mailers + everyone's postage and divide it by the # of sharers. Then everyone sends me their money (when does this happen? before you go on your trip?) and in the meantime I set up a photopass share account, and give the group the name & password. When it happens is really up to you . . . It would be best to have the monetary committment beforehand. Do you have a Paypal account? I find that works best and is very quick!

We all go on our wonderful vacations, get as many pictures as possible, and upon returning, download our pics to the one account. (I saw on the June thread that everyone had a specific "download day." Why do they do this and do we need to schedule that also?) I have never done the specific download day, but I have never had a group this big. I think other groups do it to be able to group the pictures together on the account for separated copying.

When everyone's finished downloading and editing, I'll order the CD, make copies (everyone's pictures on their own CD, or just straight copies? I can do either if it's easy to see who's pics are who's) and send them off! I told my group I would not separate, but then I ended up doing it anyway because it wasn't that hard, especially if each person can tell you their pciture numbers.

From what I understand of the timing, we would have 30 days from the time we get our photopass card to go online and claim them, and then 30 days after that after the FIRST person downloads their pics to our account to order the CD (except that the later trippers have less time to download their pics because the clock has already started ticking).

Should we have a cut-off date for new sign-ups and a limit to the # of people in our group? I'm thinking 10 or less would be pretty doable. I saw a couple more people have added on. I'll add them to the list... I see you have already closed the group on a later post, so that's good!!!

Last thing, do people want to communicate using this thread (or I can start a new one) or by email? I will definitely give folks my email so they can contact me directly with questions or problems, and I'm leaning toward communicating with everyone by email after we have the group set. I think we should keep this thread so that there aren't too many places to have to keep track of information.

Anything I'm forgetting? I'm confident we'll work it out as it goes. :cool2:

Kristy

Braves888
06-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks, Maria!

Braves888
06-08-2008, 06:24 PM
bump so I can PM people...:rolleyes1

Braves888
06-08-2008, 06:25 PM
bump

Cruiser1969
06-08-2008, 06:41 PM
And...I think I'll close this share to new entries. We have 11 total (possible 12 if my real-life friends join).

Does that make us your virtual-life friends?:grouphug:

Braves888
06-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Does that make us your virtual-life friends?

Sure! ;) Hey, any fan of Disney is a friend of mine...

Ok, gang, I'm going to see if my pals want to join (I'll see them on Wed, and I think it will be easier to explain this to them in person). As soon as they say yay or nay I'll update with everyone's $ contribution.

Kristy

kc10family
06-09-2008, 12:43 PM
fabulous!
thank you for adding me.
I have yet to read the long post a few posts up, but I am sure that will answer some of my questions.

kc10family
06-09-2008, 01:17 PM
I got lost in the thread.... :)
who is the photopass guru?
Who do I send $ to and when?

Cruiser1969
06-09-2008, 01:47 PM
I got lost in the thread.... :)
who is the photopass guru?
Who do I send $ to and when?

Braves888 (Kristy) is our brave leader:worship:

She's going to send out the $$$ info soon (see two posts up):goodvibes

joeysmommy
06-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Sorry guys, the earlier June photopass group had a cancellation so I'm going to jump on that share so I don't have to wait til the end of July for my CD.

Thanks
Natalie

Cruiser1969
06-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Sorry guys, the earlier June photopass group had a cancellation so I'm going to jump on that share so I don't have to wait til the end of July for my CD.

Thanks
Natalie

I don't blame you for finding a share that fits your needs better, but do remember, it was intended to be a July photopass share at first, but as the group developed, June people asked to be added.:goodvibes

Braves888
06-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey guys,
I haven't forgotten you all... We've had two people leave, one person join (my local friends) and I'm waiting to hear back from one other person. I'll get your contribution amount soon...

In the meantime, please let me know if you'd prefer to pay by Paypal or Check (I can take both). I will PM my information based on what you choose. If you want Paypal, please also include your email address so I can send you the information from Paypal (PM me so your address isn't broadcasted all over the internet of course!)

When payment is recieved I'll send out photopass account details.

If you are NO LONGER INTERESTED please let me know ASAP so my calculations will be correct. Thanks!!

Here's the updated list:

C&R (my pals).....July 7-11

That second week of July sure is popular!

Kristy

mcgregml
06-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I see you've had a couple of cancellations - any more room?

We're going from June 18 - June 21, followed by DCL on the Mexican Riviera. If the Inn is all full - I understand.

Thanks!

BramsKT
06-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm definitely still in. I can pay either way but don't have enough post count to send pm's over here - guess I should start talking to myself :)

mcgregml
06-10-2008, 04:00 PM
You don't have to talk to yourself! There's plenty of Disney fanatics to talk to - like me!;)

Thanks for adding me to the list!

kc10family
06-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Kristy, I guess I am the tail of the group. (It could be worse :lmao: )

So my address is

Paula
101 Disneyland St
DisneyDreamland CA 90210

email: deargodsendmetodisneylandnow@DLfreak.com

:rotfl:

I shall PM you my FYI and paypal you as soon as you give us a number.

Cruiser1969
06-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Kristy, I guess I am the tail of the group. (It could be worse :lmao: )

So my address is

Paula
101 Disneyland St
DisneyDreamland CA 90210

email: deargodsendmetodisneylandnow@DLfreak.com

:rotfl:

I shall PM you my FYI and paypal you as soon as you give us a number.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
OH MY GOD, PAULA!! We're neighbours . . . we live just up the street!!! We're the house with the black brick, red siding, and yellow door.

Who knew we were so close to each other all this time . . . it's a small world!!!

Do your kids go to Mickey Mouse Academy, too? My DS, Mickey, is in Gr. 5 and my DD, Minnie, is in Gr. 3. See you around!!;)

Disneyluvr
06-10-2008, 08:18 PM
There are several of us going at the same time. I shouldn't be too hard to spot. I'll be the frazzled looking lady with 9 giggling, screeching girls, LOL! I am taking my Girl Scout troop. And we will all be wearing the same t-shirts that we made. Lime green tie-dyed, of course, with a cute Dark Green Mickey head painted on the back so if ya see us give a shout!

BramsKT
06-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Wow Disneyluvr, you are one brave (or crazy) woman taking 9 girls!!!

Braves888
06-10-2008, 11:32 PM
You guys are funny... :lmao:

Ok, let's get this party started, shall we?

Here's the updated list; we lost two, gained two, so we're back at 11:

mcgregml...........June 18-21
C&R (my pals).....July 7-11

It breaks down like this:

Photopass CD: 84.99 (including shipping)/11 = 7.72
CD w/ jewel case: .60
bubble mailer: 1.00
Shipping (standard US first class): 1.68
To cover the Paypal fee (if you choose to pay this way): .64

Total: $11 for non-paypal payers
$11.64 for paypal payers

***For our Canadian friends - the post office website was acting a bit wonky, I couldn't get a rate that made sense. On the June photopass thread they had calculated $5.50. If this sounds right, add the difference to your total and that should cover it. If not, let me know what the rate should be.***

Those that want to do paypal, I'll PM you the info. Those that want to pay by check, I'll PM you my address.

When I recieve payment I'll send you the photopass account information.

Thanks!
Kristy

Dukland
06-11-2008, 04:04 AM
Oh, man, I missed it. I got your PM, but my kids keep me hoppin'. I never get to pay attention to anything on the computer until everyone's sleeping.

If anyone else starts a PhotoPass Share for June/July, I am interested. We will be there June 20-26.

Cruiser1969
06-11-2008, 09:18 AM
***For our Canadian friends - the post office website was acting a bit wonky, I couldn't get a rate that made sense. On the June photopass thread they had calculated $5.50. If this sounds right, add the difference to your total and that should cover it. If not, let me know what the rate should be.***

This seems a little high! $5.50 is the international price for mailing a 20 ounce envelope!! As a point of reference, my mailer and cd case weighs 2 ounces. I'm not sure what the mailer is classified as . . . envelope or package?:confused3

Large Envelopes (Flats) to Canada
Weight Not Over (ounces)
1- 0.98
2- 1.22
3- 1.46
4- 1.70
5- 1.94
6- 2.18
7- 2.42
8- 2.66
12- 3.61
16- 4.56
20- 5.51

Packages (Small Packets) to Canada
Weight Not Over (ounces)
1- 1.18
2- 1.42
3- 1.66
4- 1.90
5- 2.14
6- 2.38
7- 2.62
8- 2.86
12- 3.81
16- 4.76
20- 5.71

Since $1.68 is for a 6 ounce envelope mailed within the US, why don't we go with a 6 ounce envelope for the international shipping?

I want to be fair and pay my way, but I don't want to be overcharged, either.
I've done my best to research this using the US postal service website, but if you see a flaw in my research, please let me know!:goodvibes

Disneyluvr
06-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Wow Disneyluvr, you are one brave (or crazy) woman taking 9 girls!!!

To be fair I will have 2 other adults with me! They have never been so it's only Me, DD and 1 other girl who have been so I'm really excited to see their reactions and exerience DL through fresh eyes again!! (since my kids have been numerous times)

BramsKT
06-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Kristy - I still haven't been chatty enough to send pm's (though I can receive them) - do you want a last name on the check or just made out with your first name???

Braves888
06-11-2008, 12:26 PM
I want to be fair and pay my way, but I don't want to be overcharged, either.
I've done my best to research this using the US postal service website, but if you see a flaw in my research, please let me know!

When I was looking at that site I didn't make it down to where it said the $5.50 was for a 20-oz - no way! What the heck am I putting in that package?? ;)

I concur with you - let's do the price of the 6oz envelope to Canada (...'cuz..that's what it will be...). I was using the usps interactive form, and I couldn't seem to bring up anything that made sense (it kept giving me $0.98, which also didn't seem right). I didn't find that handy-dandy chart you provided...

So, $2.18 for shipping? :thumbsup2

Kristy

Braves888
06-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh, man, I missed it. I got your PM, but my kids keep me hoppin'. I never get to pay attention to anything on the computer until everyone's sleeping.

Shoot! I had a feeling that would happen once I set the group! Well, hang tight - if you aren't able to form another group and if someone drops out of ours or I don't hear from people in a reasonable timeframe you may be able to take their place.

I'll keep you posted...

Kristy

Cruiser1969
06-11-2008, 01:49 PM
When I was looking at that site I didn't make it down to where it said the $5.50 was for a 20-oz - no way! What the heck am I putting in that package?? ;)

I concur with you - let's do the price of the 6oz envelope to Canada (...'cuz..that's what it will be...). I was using the usps interactive form, and I couldn't seem to bring up anything that made sense (it kept giving me $0.98, which also didn't seem right). I didn't find that handy-dandy chart you provided...

So, $2.18 for shipping? :thumbsup2

Kristy

Sounds good, Kristy! If for some reason you find it is more than that when you mail it out to me, please let me know, and I will gladly pay what I owe. Please PM me your Paypal info when you get a chance, and I will pay you right away!

Maria

BramsKT
06-11-2008, 02:38 PM
I will put a check in the mail tomorrow. Thanks again!!!
Katie

Disneyluvr
06-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Found this info on another thread and thought I'd pass it along.

Not to worry - every PhotoPass CD comes with its copyright release on the disk. In fact, the release itself is an image, so that no matter what, it can easily be viewed or printed by anybody who can view and print the photos themselves.

As long as the person who duplicates the CDs and distributes them in a PhotoPass share includes this image on each CD, nobody will have any trouble getting their pice printed.

dkick
06-12-2008, 05:39 PM
I'd love to share a Photopass if anyone is interested. I have PayPal, or I'd be willing to pay in advance, and can burn copies of the CDs.
Thanks!

Braves888
06-13-2008, 01:13 AM
As long as the person who duplicates the CDs and distributes them in a PhotoPass share includes this image on each CD, nobody will have any trouble getting their pice printed.

Yep, I'm planning provide the copyright release for everyone.

So far I've heard from all but one member of our group, and all of you have either paid or indicated that payment is imminent... What a great group! Thanks everyone!

As payment is recieved I'll be PMing you the photopass account details.

As far as a timeline goes, our late June trippers aren't going to upload their pictures until the 29-30th of June, so we'll have all the way until the end of July for everyone to upload and edit. Hopefully we'll get done a little earlier and I can order the CD earlier than the very end of July, though. I'm sure we'll all want our pictures asap...but I also don't want to rush anyone either.

I'm still waiting to hear from the person in red. I hate to put them on the spot, but since we've got someone who would like to join us, if I don't hear from them soon I will probably replace them with our waiting list person...

mcgregml.....................June 18-21
princesskayla................June 21-25
5 Disney Fans..............June 25-July 4
Braves888 ..................July 1-3
Cruiser 1969.................July 4-10
JzeroT1437...................July 5-8
C&R (my pals)...............July 7-11
camouseketeer.............July 8-10
Disneyluvr....................July 8-11
BramsKT......................July 8-11
kc10family...................July 13-16

Disneyluvr
06-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Bumping so we don't get lost :)

Braves888
06-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi everyone,
Just a quick update; we have a new member of the group to replace the person I never did hear from...

In the interest of having everyone's picture's separated on their own CD, I've seen other groups give every member a designated "download day." Would you all be interested in doing that? Basically you'd pick a day that works best for you to upload your pictures, and you'd upload them all on that day. Editing can be done that day or any time until I order the CD, as edited pictures would be added to your grouping of pictures. So, there's no pressure to get the editing done on that day as well.

I've heard from a couple of people about which day they'd like to edit, so I'll add those days to our chart. Let me know what days work for you (if you want to do it this way) and I'll add it. Alternatively, you can just copy and paste the chart with your date added. This will be pretty flexible, so if something comes up on your day and you miss your upload we can work it out. The idea is just to get your pictures together on the CD.

Member................trip dates.......payment....download day
mcgregml............June 18-21.......paid.........June 30
Dukland..............June 20-26
princesskayla.......June 21-25.........................June 27
5 Disney Fans......June 25-July 4...paid
Braves888 ..........July 1-3..........paid (heh).........July 7
Cruiser 1969........July 4-10........paid
C&R (my pals)......July 7-11
camouseketeer.....July 8-10........paid
Disneyluvr............July 8-11.........paid
BramsKT..............July 8-11
kc10family...........July 13-16........paid

Take care,
Kristy

P.S. I'm tentatively planning on ordering the CD around July 20 (give or take). Wow, that's a wishy-washy sentence... :rolleyes1

Cruiser1969
06-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi Kristy:

I've added my download day to the list.

Maria

Cruiser 1969........July 4-10........paid.................July 11
BramsKT..............July 8-11

BramsKT
06-16-2008, 05:06 PM
I added my download day. The check is in the mail, though it was forgotten in a pile of bills until yesterday so you should get it by the end of the week - sorry!
Katie

BramsKT..............July 8-11..............................July 12

camouseketeer
06-16-2008, 05:09 PM
I added my date.

Jeannine
(camouseketeer)

camouseketeer.....July 8-10........paid ................ July 14

Disneyluvr
06-16-2008, 07:16 PM
I added my date.

Donna
(Disneyluvr)

camouseketeer.....July 8-10........paid ................ July 14
Disneyluvr............July 8-11.........paid................July 13

Braves888
06-17-2008, 12:08 AM
The check is in the mail, though it was forgotten in a pile of bills until yesterday so you should get it by the end of the week - sorry!

No problem at all! :cool2:

kc10family
06-17-2008, 03:18 AM
I don't understand what you mean by download date :confused3

Are you talking the date we enter the pass numbers?

Braves888
06-17-2008, 11:32 AM
I don't understand what you mean by download date

Are you talking the date we enter the pass numbers?

Yes, the date your enter your pass numbers to the photopass account. If each person does it one day (and enters all their pictures that day, assuming some may have more than one photopass card), the pictures will all be together, making it easy for me to separate them all out by family (so I've heard).

I think I've been using the terms "download" and "upload" interchangeably, but that's what I mean either way.

Kristy

kc10family
06-17-2008, 01:06 PM
I understand now. I will do them late night on the 15th (we are scheduled to come home on the 16th as of now).

mcgregml............June 18-21.........paid..............June 30
princesskayla.......June 21-25............................June 27
5 Disney Fans......June 25-July 4.....paid
Braves888 ..........July 1-3.............paid (heh).....July 7
Cruiser 1969........July 4-10...........paid..............July 11
camouseketeer.....July 8-10..........paid ............ July 14
Disneyluvr............July 8-11..........paid..............July 13
BramsKT..............July 8-11.............................July 12
kc10family...........July 13-16.........paid..............July 15

wthchristi
06-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Just found this!! My mom is taking my kids to DL July 5-15 (no idea what days have a 3 day pass, lol). Can she please join if someone is unable to follow through?!! I can pay immediately! I really want to get pics with her in them. Thank you for considering it!

Braves888
06-19-2008, 03:23 PM
wthchristi - I PM'd you.

Quick update:

Braves888 ..........July 1-3.............paid.............July 7
BramsKT..............July 8-11..........paid.............July 12

Our trips are getting close! (and some are already on theirs!) :banana:

Kristy

princesskayla
06-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Just found this!! My mom is taking my kids to DL July 5-15 (no idea what days have a 3 day pass, lol). Can she please join if someone is unable to follow through?!! I can pay immediately! I really want to get pics with her in them. Thank you for considering it!

I was thinking about it and I do not want to do it anymore. It is just going to me on this trip, and how many pictures of myself do I want? I'll get bug someone to take my picture.

So you can have my spot. I hadn't gotten to the mailbox to mail my payment yet. It was on my list of things to do today.

kc10family
06-21-2008, 03:28 AM
wthchristi - I PM'd you.

Quick update:

Braves888 ..........July 1-3.............paid.............July 7
BramsKT..............July 8-11..........paid.............July 12

Our trips are getting close! (and some are already on theirs!) :banana:

Kristy

i have some bad news and some good news.

The Good is That we are adding a day to our trip :cool1:
The bad is that will change our upload day to the night of the 16th (sorry)

Braves888
06-24-2008, 12:56 PM
The bad is that will change our upload day to the night of the 16th (sorry)

That's just fine; as long as you think you will be able to upload and edit by July 20-something (I'll firm a date as soon as we have our first uploaded pictures), your change is fine. Yay for an extra day!

And princesskayla, I don't think it was your place to drop out of the photopass share. Since I am organizing, you should have first mentioned it to me first and check to see if we had anyone standing by. I have not heard anything from wthchristi since her first post, and now you have dropped out. You do know I have to eat your share if I don't find a replacement, right? Well, no biggie, it's a risk I was willing to take when I decided to host this share. I just don't think it was the right thing to do...

As for the rest of you, I think we're pretty much set to go, right? Let me know if any questions or concerns arise. I think we're just waiting (and planning! and packing!) to go on our trips! I'll be without or possibly limited internet access after this Friday until next Saturday (july 5), or possibly Monday (July 7th), so talk to me now if you need to! :)

Kristy

kc10family
06-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Kristy, I am happy to send extra money if things don't work out. It is not right for you to take on the extra funds.

BramsKT
06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Kristy, I am happy to send extra money if things don't work out. It is not right for you to take on the extra funds.

I agree - if you get stuck without replacements, please let us know and I will be willing to pitch in as well.
Katie

mo3bys
06-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Kristy,

I was jumping over to see how you all were doing :) I wanted to also give you a couple of names from one of my threads of people who wanted to join a group also........
DBBean June 21-July1st
tmli June 27th-July 6th
They both were interested in doing a photoshare. I wanted to let you know in case you needed any extra people :) I hope you all have great vactions :) pixiedust:

Braves888
06-26-2008, 11:01 PM

I agree - if you get stuck without replacements, please let us know and I will be willing to pitch in as well.

Oh, no, no...you guys don't have to worry about it! I'm sure there will be someone to fill in before our month is over. But I'm touched - thank you for your thoughtfulness!

FYI - you may have read on another thread that the June group got to buy their CD for $65. If that's the case for us, everyone gets a small refund! :woohoo: It may be a end-of-the-month sale thing, though, so I'm not getting my hopes up...

Remember, I will have very limited internet access starting tomorrow night through next weekend. If you need to contact me, I guess your best bet would be to post here. Whenever I get access I'll be sure to check this thread! :) We should be pretty covered by now though. Your next step will be to go on your trips and get lots of pictures!

Take care all!
Kristy

kc10family
06-27-2008, 08:10 PM
What photo pass are we getting? The one we can make changes to? The one with borders and such?

I was so excited that I didn't eveing ask.:lmao:

Disneyluvr
07-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Bumping so we don't get lost. Many of us are either at DL right now or getting ready to go, YEAH!!

kc10family
07-06-2008, 12:53 PM
hope everyone at DL is having or has had a fabulous time

Braves888
07-06-2008, 09:22 PM
What photo pass are we getting? The one we can make changes to? The one with borders and such?

Yes, this is the one. You will edit and add borders once you've uploaded the pictures, and save as a copy so you retain the original. Someone asked me, so I'll answer for all - you don't have to be stingy with your edits and saves. There's no limit to the number of pictures we can get on our CD (so if it takes more than one CD, they will send more than one).

We got back Friday and visited family this past weekend, but we're back home for good now. We had a WONDERFUL time, it really couldn't have gone better. Ridemax was awesome. Our 17-month old had a ton of fun and enjoyed a lot. princess: We did baby swap so we could do the "big" rides, but other than that she rode everything with us. We also did the little kiddie stuff we'd previously skipped before she came along, and it is so much fun to see things through her eyes. Her favorite thing was the electrical parade - she danced during the whole thing!

I hope you all are having (or had) great trips too!

I'm going to start a new chart to keep track of everyone's uploading and editing progress. As you've uploaded, please note it in the chart. Take you time to edit, and fill out the chart when you're finished with that, as well (you can edit up until I order the CD).

Member..........trip dates.......payment....Upload finished.....Editing finished
mcgregml........June 18-21.........paid..............
Dukland............June 20-26
5 Disney Fans....June 25-July 4.....paid............YES
Braves888 ........July 1-3.............paid.............YES
Cruiser 1969.....July 4-10...........paid..............
C&R (my pals)....July 9-11............paid
camouseketeer....July 8-10..........paid ............
Disneyluvr..........July 8-11..........paid..............
BramsKT............July 8-11..........paid.............
kc10family...........July 13-16.........paid.............

Take care,
Kristy

Cruiser1969
07-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Member..........trip dates.......payment....Upload finished.....Editing finished
mcgregml........June 18-21........paid.........
5 Disney Fans....June 25-July 4...paid........YES
Braves888 ........July 1-3...........paid.........YES
Cruiser 1969.....July 4-10...........paid.........YES
C&R (my pals)....July 9-11..........paid
camouseketeer....July 8-10........paid ........
Disneyluvr..........July 8-11.........paid.........
BramsKT............July 8-11.........paid..........
kc10family...........July 13-16......paid..........

Disneyluvr
07-11-2008, 04:46 PM
We just got back! Can I go ahead and upload and edit now or do I need to wait for my day. I was asking cause I might need to be out of town next week and would like to get it done as early as possible to make sure it's all taken care of before I leave again.

BramsKT
07-11-2008, 05:55 PM
We just got back! Can I go ahead and upload and edit now or do I need to wait for my day. I was asking cause I might need to be out of town next week and would like to get it done as early as possible to make sure it's all taken care of before I leave again.

I would think since Cruiser 1969 posted that theirs is complete and I am not uploading till tomorrow, that you could sneak yours between the two of ours tonight. I think Kristy was just trying to make sure that all our uploads were lumped together by family and not mixed up with each others.

Disneyluvr
07-11-2008, 11:33 PM
I uploaded and have finished editing just now! So I am after Cruiser1969

Disneyluvr..........July 8-11.........paid......... YES..................YES!
BramsKT............July 8-11.........paid..........

Dukland
07-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Oops! I've already uploaded! I hope that didn't foul anyone up. I haven't edited yet. I probably don't have much to edit, but I know there is at least one I need to.

This is so nice to be able to share with everyone. And my ds wants to look at everyone's pictures when I log on. because you can never have too much Disneyland! LOL

BramsKT
07-12-2008, 02:03 PM
I have uploaded mine - will edit later in the week. (I also made note that Dukland finished uploading while I was at it)

Dukland............June 20-26.....................YES
BramsKT............July 8-11.........paid..........YES

Braves888
07-12-2008, 10:07 PM
have uploaded mine - will edit later in the week. (I also made note that Dukland finished uploading while I was at it

Why, thank you! :thumbsup2 I'll also update the chart with another upload finished...

mcgregml........June 18-21........paid.........YES
Dukland............June 20-26.......paid.........YES

I think Kristy was just trying to make sure that all our uploads were lumped together by family and not mixed up with each others.

Yep, this is true.

Now, officially we have until August 4 before our pictures expire. I do hope to order the CD before then, and it will just depend on when everyone's finished uploading and editing.

I am still a little uncertain as to how the pictures come on the CD and how I'm going to separate out everyone's pictures. Are they sorted by photopass number (anyone know?) If so, and if you still have your number handy, how about sending it to me in a PM when you get a chance along with your mailing address. I was trying to keep track of people's mailing addresses through the paypal info and checks and stuff and had a little spreadsheet going, but I'd feel better getting that info again and have it "connected" with your screenname in PMs I can refer back to, in case I made an error in my spreadsheet. Thanks!

If you don't have your number anymore, no worries. We'll sort it out when we get there.

Anyway, worse case scenario is I'll just do straight copies of the CD and everyone can pick out their pictures once they get it. But I'd really like to just send everyone their own pictures.

Kristy

BramsKT
07-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Kristy - once editing is 100% DONE, maybe we can just each log in and identify our picture numbers (like right now mine are 550-706, which of course will change as people edit). Seems like it would be simple that way (but having never done thins, I could be way off base).

Thanks for keeping us oragnized.

Cruiser1969
07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
I am still a little uncertain as to how the pictures come on the CD and how I'm going to separate out everyone's pictures. Are they sorted by photopass number (anyone know?)

Kristy

Kristy - once editing is 100% DONE, maybe we can just each log in and identify our picture numbers (like right now mine are 550-706, which of course will change as people edit). Seems like it would be simple that way (but having never done thins, I could be way off base).

Thanks for keeping us oragnized.

Kristy:

As BramsKT stated, our best bet is to send you the photo numbers from the PhotoPass website. There is no need to know the photopass card numbers.

When I hosted a photoshare in May, the CDs contained file folders labeled in number ranges. Participants sent me their photo numbers and I copied only those photos onto their CD. I made separate file folders on my compter with each participant's name, copied the release file into each folder, and then filled the folders with the photos numbers given to me. It was really quite easy to do, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thanks for heading our group, Kristy!!

Maria

Braves888
07-14-2008, 11:50 AM
I briefly thought about taking down everyone's numbers from the site - glad to hear that has worked in the past from someone in the know! :idea: Ok, we'll do that then. I'll have everybody send me their photo numbers from the site when the time comes...

So, nobody needs to send me their photopass account numbers. And, let's wait until editing is finished and you can PM me your numbers AND mailing addresses in one swoop. So if you've already lost your card (er...like me), no worries!

Thanks guys!

Kristy

kc10family
07-14-2008, 01:01 PM
we are hear! took a few pics yesterday and will do as many as the little ones will let us. I will ensure we are done the night of the 16th so we can get the ball rolling for everyone who has waited so long for the cd.

:thumbsup2

camouseketeer
07-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Our pictures are uploaded. I'll hopefully finish editing by tomorrow. We didn't have a lot of pictures, but I'm happy with what we got! We had a great trip!

Dukland............June 20-26.......paid.........YES
camouseketeer....July 8-10........paid ..........YES

Cruiser1969
07-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Dukland............June 20-26.......paid........ YES
Cruiser 1969.....July 4-10...........paid.........YES..................YES
C&R (my pals)....July 9-11..........paid.........
camouseketeer....July 8-10........paid ........YES
Disneyluvr..........July 8-11.........paid.........YES..................YES!

Braves888
07-15-2008, 01:32 AM
Braves888 ........July 1-3...........paid.........YES...................YES
C&R (my pals)....July 9-11..........paid.........YES

5 Disney Fans
07-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi Kristy,

I am also done with my edits :goodvibes

Thanks again for arranging all of this!

I'll PM you my photo numbers once everyone else is done uploading and editing.

:surfweb:

Braves888
07-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Just a quickie update:

5 Disney Fans....June 25-July 4...paid........YES..................YES

kc10family
07-17-2008, 12:35 PM
-had trouble last night making edits
-making them now
- will be done NLT 1100 PST (if the site works with me)

kc10family
07-17-2008, 01:26 PM
done

BramsKT
07-17-2008, 05:35 PM
I finished my edits and updated the list for Kc10family.

BramsKT............July 8-11.........paid..........YES.................YES:)
kc10family...........July 13-16......paid..........YES................YES

camouseketeer
07-18-2008, 12:23 AM
I am done editing!

camouseketeer....July 8-10........paid ........YES .................. YES
BramsKT............July 8-11.........paid..........YES.................YES

BramsKT
07-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Looks like we are getting close to being done :)

Braves888
07-22-2008, 12:21 AM
C&R (my pals)....July 9-11..........paid.........YES..................YES
camouseketeer....July 8-10........paid ........YES .................. YES
BramsKT............July 8-11.........paid..........YES.................YES

Just waiting on the last couple of edits. I sent a PM to each to see if they're done yet. I should be able to order the CD any day now!

Kristy

BramsKT
07-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Did you ever hear back from those two Kristy? Looks like the pictures start expiring a week from Monday...

Dukland
07-26-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm one of the two. I've been having trouble getting into the site, for some reason. I'm trying again. Hopefully it will let me, so we can get this all done.

Braves888
07-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Hi guys,
I'm sure that as we have been filling the photopass account with pictures it's getting harder and harder to log in and maneuver around the site. As soon as Dukland gets her edits in, I will order the CD.

Good luck and hopefully the site will let you in soon!

Kristy

mcgregml
07-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Just for the record - my edits are done.

Sorry for the delay - again!

Braves888
07-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Great News! Everyone's edits are done! I'm glad everyone could edit their pictures like they wanted them.

I'm going to order the CD now.

What I need from everyone now is:
1) Your picture number ranges
2) your mailing address

Just so I have the information together and I don't have to rely on myself piecing it together from various sources!

I've got everything ready to burn and send the CDs, so it should be a quick turn-around once I get the CD!

Kristy

BramsKT
07-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Kristy-
PM sent to you with the information.
Thanks again
Katie

Disneyluvr
07-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Just PM'd ya with the info. I can't wait to get the pics! Thanks for all the work you have put into this for us!! I really appreciate you :banana: :yay: :worship:

Cruiser1969
07-28-2008, 11:10 AM
PMed my info, too!

Thanks, Kristy!!!!:cheer2:

Maria

Braves888
07-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Just a quick update: I ordered the CD Sunday night and I recieved a shipment notice yesterday, estimating the delivery date as Friday, Aug 1. :woohoo:

I guess they've officially lowered the price, because it still was $64.95 (w/shipping) when I ordered instead of $85, which brings me to one last point of business, which I wanted to wait on until I really did order the CD at that price and it was confirmed (I kept thinking it was just a short time deal and it would go up!)

I had originally broken down each person's CD share to be $7.73 when we had 11 people in the group and the CD was $85. However, someone dropped out and I never did get a replacement. So with the reduced CD cost AND group membership dropping to 10, everyone's new share would be about $6.50. I'll toss $1.25 in everyone's package to cover the refund. Hey, you can buy a coke with that! ;)

I've got no (big) plans for the weekend, so making the Cds should be quick work. If the CD does arrive Friday....hmmm...I may even be able to get them done by Saturday and take a nice stroll to the post office and mail them then (no promises!) If not, I will definitely mail them by Monday. :yay:

Ok, so that wasn't so quick... ;-) Thanks everyone for your cooperation in this! You've all really helped things go quite smoothly!

Kristy

camouseketeer
08-01-2008, 12:59 PM
I sent a PM with my info.

Good luck with making the CD's this weekend.

Thanks so much for your hard work!

-Jeannine

BramsKT
08-01-2008, 07:17 PM
. I'll toss $1.25 in everyone's package to cover the refund. Hey, you can buy a coke with that! ;)

Please keep my extra $1.25 and buy yourself a coke as a small thanks from me...

Katie

Braves888
08-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks, Katie, I may enjoy one on our walk home from the post office!

Which brings me to....the CDs are finished! :cool1: I didn't quite get them done to beat the post office's Saturday early closing, but as soon as my little miss wakes from her nap we'll be heading over there to send them off this afternoon.

After each CD was completed, I spot-checked a few pictures to make sure they opened and that all the pictures were there. Everything appeared to be fine, HOWEVER if you have any problems or are missing pictures, just PM me here (I have it set up to email me a notification of PMs) and we'll work it out!

I'm still waiting on a couple of addresses and picture numbers, but to everyone who sent me theirs, thank you and your CDs will be on their way shortly!

Take care,
Kristy

mcgregml
08-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Address and picture numbers are sent! Thanks Kristy!

BramsKT
08-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks Kristy - I got my disc today and it's perfect!
Katie

Braves888
08-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks Kristy - I got my disc today and it's perfect!

That's great to hear! :cheer2:

Cruiser1969
08-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Received my Photopass CD in the mail today . . . thanks Kristy!!!:hug:

Everything works great!!!:thumbsup2