PDA

View Full Version : Is it true? No more chicken strips!!

stnet
05-20-2008, 03:37 PM
I heard that all of the restaurants were switching over to chicken nuggets and getting rid of chicken strips. I noticed that Columbia Harbour House has changed. Just wondering if its true for every place that used to carry chicken strips. I may be alone in this but I totally prefer chicken strips to chicken nuggets.

CheezDoodle
05-20-2008, 03:43 PM
The nuggets are like the strips, but 10x better! The only difference is that they're smaller and a lot juicier. They have the same breading as the strips, I think.

The nuggets/strips are pretty much the only things I eat at Disney counter service restaurants, and I approve! :thumbsup2

squirrel
05-20-2008, 04:00 PM
I heard the new ones now have milk in them. Can anyone confirm this. My niece is lactose intollerant and before hearing this I was planning on getting her the chicken strips as I know she would eat them.

Are the nuggets pressed meat? or are they real pieces of chicken?

stnet
05-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Great to know!! I think on our last Disney trip I had chicken strips everyday so I was worried!! Do you know if the honey mustard dipping sauce is still available - I love it too!!

ChrisAlli
05-20-2008, 04:07 PM
I know when we were there last May, some places had chicken nuggets (Cosmic Rays), they were nothing like the chicken strips. Does anyone have a picture? DH is going to miss the strips. CHH still had them last time, but looks like they switched.

bolgers love wdw
05-20-2008, 04:25 PM
We just got back from a week trip and the nuggets are yummmmmy!!!!:goodvibes They are way better than the strips. I had them 4 out of 6 counter service lunches and I loved them!!! So did my 2 yr old DS!!!And yes the honey mustard sauce is still there.(Ken's brand)

quixoticvalue
05-20-2008, 04:39 PM
My Dbf had the chicken nuggets this past weekend. They are EXACTLY like the strips, just smaller pieces. You have a choice of either 6 or 8 of them and they usually come with fries. I was relieved to also see that they are NOT processed, but chunks of chicken breast--not dark meat.
I didn't have them, but as a heads up, dbf enjoyed his dinner.

tlhbdm
05-20-2008, 05:21 PM
I know when we were there last May, some places had chicken nuggets (Cosmic Rays), they were nothing like the chicken strips. Does anyone have a picture? DH is going to miss the strips. CHH still had them last time, but looks like they switched.

Here is a pic from our December trip. They are strips just in bites, very yummy:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p204/tlhbdm/5th%20Day/DisneyWorld282.jpg

ChrisAlli
05-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh, those look good. The ones around when we were there last were more like Wendy's. Those in the picutre do look like the strips, just smaller.

pumba
05-20-2008, 06:08 PM
it is the same type of chicken only in smaller pieces......I didnt have to cut them to eat them......delicious just the same

JenH1969
05-20-2008, 07:35 PM
I saw both when we were there- mostly the all white meat finger like ones though- only a few round nuggets to be seen.

stnet
05-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Great!! Thanks for all the info!!

sdickison
05-21-2008, 02:03 PM
The chicken strips were replaced park wide in February. They come from the same company that supplied the strips.

I heard that all of the restaurants were switching over to chicken nuggets and getting rid of chicken strips. I noticed that Columbia Harbour House has changed. Just wondering if its true for every place that used to carry chicken strips. I may be alone in this but I totally prefer chicken strips to chicken nuggets.

abk96
05-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the picture. They look delicious! When I first heard that they got rid of the strips and put nuggets in their place I was picturing those flat things you get in kids meals. Does anyone know if they are serving these in kid's meals also?

Can't wait to try them.

pooh6890
05-21-2008, 03:38 PM
They look really good, but are they charging the same price for smaller pieces? Man!

squirrel
05-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Does anyone know if the nuggets contain any milk or milk products?

*NikkiBell*
05-21-2008, 06:03 PM
I was a WDW chicken strip conesseuir! I was originally very upset that they changed the strips, but these nuggets are great. They do have the same exact breading as the strips, too.

dawgsgirl
05-21-2008, 09:17 PM
I was in the world last week and was pleasantly surprised that I liked the nuggets. At the POFQ food court they made sure you called them chicken BREAST nuggets.

kimluvswdw
05-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Were just got back and I can't believe that they turned the strips into crispy nuggets. They are still good, but you get alot less.

dancemomnj
05-22-2008, 06:30 AM
Are these instead of the grilled unbreaded ones that we had on the children's menu for many ts?

Boardwalk Gal
05-22-2008, 06:36 AM
I was in MK last month and traditionally went to Columbia Harbor to have those delicious chicken strip!! i found out there they had nuggets, not strips and i was like..:scared1: I almost didnt' get it but then i saw someone passed by with the chicken nuggets and thought, hmm, they still look good. So i bought and i am glad i did. They are just smaller but they taste just as good as the strips, but juicer, probablry cuz the smaller. So i wouldn't fret too much about it.:goodvibes

missycj96
05-22-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi - I was a big chicken strip fan. This trip I tried the nuggets and they were great. I think I liked them better. The pieces are smaller but you get more. So not to worry.