PDA

View Full Version : How long to get to Ohana?

lgiltmier
05-20-2008, 01:09 PM
We're arriving mid-afternoon (driving) on a Saturday in June. I'd like to at least get into the MK and see the castle or a few things before our 6:30 reservation at Ohana. (It's our first trip - just won't feel like we're there until we see the castle.) I assume we just exit the park and catch the monorail to the Poly. How long should we allow to get there in time for our ADR??

iHEARTflorida
05-20-2008, 01:13 PM
i'd like to know how the long the monorail would take to get from MK to Poly too, we just added Ohana on to our ADR list!!! CANT WAIT!!

madalex
05-20-2008, 01:14 PM
To go to Poly, you will have to take the resort monorail, which will stop at the Contemporary and the TTC before the Poly. Figure 10 minute wait time for the monorail (could be more, could be less) and a 10 minute monorail ride. Then add in a few minutes to get from the monorail stop to the restaurant. All in all, I'd leave the MK no later than 6:00 to make your 6:30 ADR (actually, I personally might even leave a few minutes earlier than that, just to make sure I am not late, but that is just me).

wildeoscar
05-20-2008, 01:14 PM
you need the resort monorail, figure about 30 ish min. as a max time. If you happen to hit a monorail with no waiting for it... about 17 min.

OKW Lover
05-20-2008, 01:16 PM
The resort monorail to the Poly should take you about 15 minutes (there are two stops first). Add on time to wait for the monorail at the MK as well. Give it a half-hour and you should be fine.

Another alternative is to take the launch from the MK to the Poly dock. Its a nice change of pace.

Greg K.
05-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Another fun way to go is to take the ferry from the MK to the GF and then the Poly.

It's about 10 minutes that way to the GF, then another 10 to the Poly. It's scenic and fun! :)

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-20-2008, 01:18 PM
From the Magic Kingdom to the Polynesian on the Resort Monorail I would say it takes at least 10 - 15 minutes. The 1st stop you will have is the Contemporary and then you will stop at the TTC before arriving at the Polynesian. There is also a boat which goes to the Polynesian however it 1st stops at the Grand Floridian. I am not sure how long taking the boat would be since my family and I have never taken it.

wildeoscar
05-20-2008, 01:19 PM
because the boats run a little less often, and you have a stop at GF on the way... that would take roughly 45 min giving an avg. wait time for the boat to show up... also you could take the ferry to TTC and do the 5 min walk over to poly. but if it is hot out that asphalt will be radiating the red hot flames of the sun, so you'll have that no so fresh feeling apon arrival.

lorismull
05-20-2008, 01:20 PM
good to know

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-20-2008, 01:22 PM
also you could take the ferry to TTC and do the 5 min walk over to poly.Don't forget besides the ferry to the TTC they also have the Express Monorail to the TTC, which I think is a lot faster when going over there.

wildeoscar
05-20-2008, 02:02 PM
so thus far there is 4 ways? the main ferry and walk, the friendship, the resort monorail and the express TTC monorail... I think we forgot to include giant catapult and tied to an African Swallow.

lgiltmier
05-20-2008, 03:13 PM
I had no idea I had so many options! =) We'll go with the swallow...

Seriously - here's another question. We'll have a car - could I get away with parking at the Poly for the afternoon/evening? And would that be faster getting in and out of the MK for the day?

wildeoscar
05-20-2008, 03:47 PM
it would have to be pretty late in the afternoon, doesn't the guard put 3 hour parking passes on cars until about 5 or 6 pm? and when it comes to getting out, yes and no... you would be ahead of the game slightly if you watch wishes from the poly beach, and then head out as you would be ahead of the thrall that still needs to get across the lake, but it all empties to the same road as the parking lot. So if you are having a late dinner and head out about 10:45 ish you are going to be in the same traffic as every one else. but you would probably have time after dinner to make it to mk for a while... and if you watch spectro from main st. then head to poly and watch wishes from the beach with a giant dole whip from Captain Cooks, you would be somewhat ahead of the game getting out of the gate.

Greg K.
05-20-2008, 04:51 PM
I had no idea I had so many options! =) We'll go with the swallow...

Seriously - here's another question. We'll have a car - could I get away with parking at the Poly for the afternoon/evening? And would that be faster getting in and out of the MK for the day?

Here's what we did two years ago: valet parked at Poly...had dinner at Kona...took monorail to MK...found four seats atop the train station...watched Spectro and the fireworks...then hot-footed it downstairs and managed to be among the first ones out of the park. Took the monorail back to the Poly and picked up our car.