PDA

View Full Version : experiences with Akershus

snjmorrison
05-20-2008, 11:52 AM
My little neice is coming to Disney with us, and she is very much into the princesses. I booked Akershus for dinner, but I've seen some bad reviews. The menu doesn't thrill me. We will also have a couple of other kids that won't care about the princesses. I don't even see a kid menu. I'm very nervous and considering canceling. Any comments - good and bad...
Thanks

tlhbdm
05-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Could you do the breakfast? DH and I absolutely love Akershus breakfast and you get to see all of the princesses. Unlike Cinderella's Royal Table if you are on the dining plan it only takes 1 TS credit whereas CRT takes 2, and I think I like the food better at Akershus. Sorry no info on dinner but lots of info a pics(if you want to see) for breakfast.

MickeyNicki
05-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Go for breakfast, it was fantastic and our 2 nieces had a blast. Food was great too

Chellymouse
05-20-2008, 12:28 PM
My friends took their daughter and said unless it's breakfast, forget it. They said the meal was awful (worst one they'd had all week) and had to get CS after paying all that money (they didn't do DDP) for lunch. You may want to check out 1900 Park Fare for an alternative for lunch or dinner.

lisaj
05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
We loved dinner in October (for the record wouldn't touch 1900 PF again with a bargepole).

The food isn't for picky eaters but the starter has fish, cooked meats and salads which suits my children perfectly. The main course was OK - better for fish eaters. There is a kids menu my daughter had grilled chicken with boiled potatoes and veg. The desserts are served on one plate for all to share. The character interaction was probably the best of our three weeks holiday and we will definitely try and get booked back in here for February.

To be honest I think we all have different views on food so what suits one might not suit another but we had a fantastic time.

Tiger926
05-20-2008, 12:38 PM
We've done breakfast, lunch & diiner, multiple times and they are all horrible. We go for the character interaction (and now you get a photo package), but the cramped restaurant is making even that undesirable, so we may give it a rest for awhile.

1900 Park Fare is great! Not sure what happened with the previous poster, but we've eaten at 1900 PF at least 10 times over the last 3 years (breakfast & dinner) and we just ate there 3 times over our 15 day trip that we just returned from and it's consistently good each and every time.

Good luck, Tiger

jenb1023
05-20-2008, 12:45 PM
We went for lunch in January. The food wasn't the best we had all week but it was fine. There was a kids menu - dd had pizza. We would go back.

eyeheartgoofy
05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
We ate dinner there in Juy 2007. It was fine ... there were plenty of selections on the cold bar and DH and I both really enjoyed the main course. I think my girls both had pasta with red sauce for the main course ... they weren't interested in the food though so it didn't really matter.

r4blessings
05-20-2008, 01:04 PM
I know this is probably a silly question.....but when we eat at Akershus in August and are on the dining plan, do we still get to go to the cold bar buffet? I know we are not supposed to get appetizers on the DDP but how does that work with a set-up like Akershus where the cold bar is not specifically priced as an appetizer.

Anyone know?:confused3

Tiger926
05-20-2008, 01:06 PM
I know this is probably a silly question.....but when we eat at Akershus in August and are on the dining plan, do we still get to go to the cold bar buffet? I know we are not supposed to get appetizers on the DDP but how does that work with a set-up like Akershus where the cold bar is not specifically priced as an appetizer.

Anyone know?:confused3

Yup, as it's part of their meal. Happy eating, Tiger

r4blessings
05-20-2008, 09:16 PM
thanks for the reply!:goodvibes

surfergirl602
05-20-2008, 09:25 PM
My opinion: HATE HATE HATED IT. And Hate is not a word I use lightly. We were there two weeks ago. The worst experience I've ever had. The characters were good, but SOOOOOO not worth the price! They've raised it!! We had a party of three adults, two children, and an infant. The only thing we ate from the cold bar thing was the cold cuts and the cubed cheese. Everything else was either sea food, or some weird salad. For the entree - not much to choose from. I got the pork... and that's all I got. Nothing with it. Dessert was a sample/slice from whatever they had that day that the six of us had to share. The photo package was just average... nothing spectular about it. It was very cramped, and we felt very rushed. We were there for lunch/dinner, about 3:30. They raised the prices two days before we were there. Had I known, I would have cancelled. This was our first time visiting, and they lost our family as customers. The worst meal we had the entire ten days we were there. I still can't get over the wasted two hundred dollars for that. Cindy's was far better, the food was AMAZING, and the atmosphere was a little princesses dream. My girls were kind of hesitant to even to into Akershus. It was so dark! The wait to get in was pretty long as well. As for kids meals - I still can't believe that I paid thirty bucks a piece for a hot dog and noodles.... sigh.... just my opinion though... It was terrible for us.

3kidz4dis
05-20-2008, 09:32 PM
We have an ADR for lunch....maybe we should cancel? Or is it something that we should try once?

ms*mountaineer
05-21-2008, 05:35 AM
I second the vote for breakfast at Akershus!

surfergirl602
05-21-2008, 08:55 AM
We have an ADR for lunch....maybe we should cancel? Or is it something that we should try once?

Go ahead and try it once. Who knows, you may love it! But for us, we will NEVER do it again. I would rather do Cindy's twice, honestly... we spent more time with the princesses when we waited in line. We even got complimentary noodles with butter at Cindy. At PSD, we were charged a seat fee for the infant because she took up room in her highchair. Did she eat anything from there? No. She munched on her cheerios. But we were still charged the 18% gratuity for bad service. It seems like sometimes when the servers know they are getting it, they ignore you.

Belle4mygrl
05-21-2008, 09:01 AM
So my older 2 kids don't want to eat there. Will they be charged a "fee" for sitting there?

Also, we have res. for 5. What if the kids don't come in? I have asked the ? to 3 different CM when making res. or confirming. One said "yes they will be charged a fee if they don't eat." The 2nd one said, "no fee." The 3rd said, "if they don't come in. No problem. You won't be charged for noncancellation."

So what do i do?

a82allison
05-21-2008, 11:53 AM
We just ate at Akershus yesterday! We had lunch, and we loved it! We are a party of 5, 2 adults, an 8 year old, 2 year old, and 1 year old. The character interaction was wonderful. We didn't feel rushed. Both my husband and I had the knottjkake and it was very good. The kids had chicken and corn, and they loved it. The service was good. Dessert was really good too. They gave us large slices of 3 different things, all of which were very decadent. The presentation of the entrees and dessert was very nice also.
The characters we saw were Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, Alice, and Cinderella. Alice and Ariel spent a lot of time at our table and we took multiple pictures with them. Jasmine and Cinderella didn't spend as much time but they were very nice and we took a good picture with them. Belle was in the picture package and the pictures turned out so Beautiful!!! This lunch was very well worth it, and I look forward to doing it again.

sotoalf
05-21-2008, 12:05 PM
My opinion: HATE HATE HATED IT. And Hate is not a word I use lightly. We were there two weeks ago. The worst experience I've ever had. The characters were good, but SOOOOOO not worth the price! They've raised it!! We had a party of three adults, two children, and an infant. The only thing we ate from the cold bar thing was the cold cuts and the cubed cheese.

Out of curiosity, did you know anything about the menu before reserving it?

surfergirl602
05-21-2008, 06:38 PM

Yes - and everyone told me how much they liked it. ;) That's the funny part... apparently we chose the "off" day to go... everything was horrible!

surfergirl602
05-21-2008, 06:39 PM
So my older 2 kids don't want to eat there. Will they be charged a "fee" for sitting there?

Also, we have res. for 5. What if the kids don't come in? I have asked the ? to 3 different CM when making res. or confirming. One said "yes they will be charged a fee if they don't eat." The 2nd one said, "no fee." The 3rd said, "if they don't come in. No problem. You won't be charged for noncancellation."

So what do i do?

Whatever number of people is on your reservation ticket is what you will be charged. If they aren't coming in, call and change the res to three people. If they come in and don't eat - you will be charged. This is what happened to me. I was charged for an infant!

summfam4
05-21-2008, 07:00 PM
We ate there for lunch with dds 12&7. I thought it was a great time to experience something other than what they are used to. They tried things on the cold buffet, and then ate pizza and ribs off of the menue. It was not the best food in WDW, but the experience for all four of us was one we won't forget! DDs even said they will do it again

PrincessAlways
05-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Breakfast, Breakfast, Breakfast!!!! We tried a lunch one year & it was terrible. OK...we're not the most adventurous when it comes to new food, but it was bad. However, breakfast is one of the best!!

mickey2minnie1
05-21-2008, 07:29 PM
We did lunch and it was gross. We must have hit a bad day. We did lunch at the castle and it was one of the best lunches all week. I guess it just depends.

Good luck!

CTmommyx3
05-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Okay for lunch what kind of meal is it. A buffet or can you order? If you order is it extra from the price you are paying already>

Belle4mygrl
05-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Whatever number of people is on your reservation ticket is what you will be charged. If they aren't coming in, call and change the res to three people. If they come in and don't eat - you will be charged. This is what happened to me. I was charged for an infant!

I think I would have argued the infant charge. That seems a little ridiculous on WDW.

I wonder if the kids order a coke or something because they do not want to eat there.

BigGreen73
05-22-2008, 07:20 AM
My DW and I did the Akershus Breakfast in Dec 07 and it was great. The food, service, and charater interaction was all excellent. The princesses all visited our table w/in about 20 minutes of us sitting down. We are planning to do it again during our May 09 trip. :woohoo:

Tiger926
05-22-2008, 07:57 AM
On a related note, people are forgetting that this is a character meal, which means that it encompasses food and entertainment; therefore, if they don't charge for people just sitting at the tables who don't order any food, they are then getting the entertainment for 'free.' Who wouldn't do that as it's much easier than sitting in long, hot lines outside in the parks, KWIM? The characters are there for the enjoyment of paying guests only, infants should be excepted, but because it's a combination buffet and table service, this may be why they charged for the infant as well.

Also, the character rotation in this restaurant is very good because they seat according to sections, and the characters interact within those sections. There are also very frequent character switches - we ate there 2 weeks ago and saw Mary Poppins, yet people a few days later saw Alice. Anyway, this restaurant is very cramped though, and after about 5 visits here now, we are giving it a break as the photos just don't turn out very well as there physically is nowhere to move in some sections. We have been seated in the same place the last 3 trips (go figure?) and we can't really get good photos at all as the only way to do this is to bang into the person sitting behind or next to us. Just want people to know that their photos may not turn out very well at all due to cramped quarters, so that, along with the food and the high prices will be keeping us away for the next little while.

Happy eating, Tiger :)

littlbugmom
05-22-2008, 08:14 AM
We took my little girl and my niece for a dinner with the Princesses at Akershus. They LOVED the Princesses (who treated them so well and had plenty of time for them) but the food was bleh! The kids only ate some cold cuts and some pudding/cake.

Breakfast is almost always easier on kids. I'd try that.

Markstudy
05-22-2008, 08:26 AM
people are forgetting that this is a character meal, which means that it encompasses food and entertainment; therefore, if they don't charge for people just sitting at the tables who don't order any food, they are then getting the entertainment for 'free.'

;) Yep...people that pay for the chance to see the characters, probably don't want to share their limited time, with people that don't want to pay.

Also...anytime you have a buffet at Disney...everyone that is at your table must pay. No one is going to sit and watch your family the entire time, to make sure the kids don't eat something or do eat something:confused3

I don't understand charging a baby, but I do understand charging kids that want to come in and take-up a limited seat (that others would pay for), but don't want to eat

Tiger926
05-22-2008, 08:30 AM
;) Yep...people that pay for the chance to see the characters, probably don't want to share their limited time, with people that don't want to pay.

Also...anytime you have a buffet at Disney...everyone that is at your table must pay. No one is going to sit and watch your family the entire time, to make sure the kids don't eat something or do eat something:confused3

I don't understand charging a baby, but I do understand charging kids that want to come in and take up seats (that others would pay for), but don't want to eat

Remember though that kids under age 3 are free at WDW buffets, but since this is a combo restaurant, I'm wondering if that's where the problem lies?

Tiger :)

cinderellamom123
05-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi, called the dining hot line. There is a kid's menu. I think they said pizza, pasta, hot dog and chicken. It was extensive. Have never eater there before.

Have done CRT and 1900 park. Liked CRT over 1900 because of the noise level and because 1900 only had cindy and her friends. CRT had several princesses.

buckeyebill1995
05-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Okay, I have to preface this in all fairness by saying that this was our second trip to Akershus for the princess breakfast and the first trip was absolutely lovely. That said, our last trip there will be our LAST TRIP THERE!

When our waitress came over she introduced herself and told us it was her first day. If you've been there before, you know that it is family style, so they bring large platters of food to put in the middle of the table and carafes of juice and milk. Well, we got our food without incident and a few moments later the new girl lost control of her tray and dumped no fewer than five full carafes of juice all over our table. We were all SOAKED! As my husband scrambled to wipe down the camera and camcorder and I scrambled to save my DD's already half full autograph book, the waitress ran off crying. We felt really bad for her. The manager came over and asked us if we wanted him to replace the autograph book and I said no, that's okay. She would lose a lot of autographs. He said okay and left. Another waitress came over and replaced the platter of food, but did not bother to clean off the table, she just put the plate down in the huge juice puddle with a splash and left. I had to flag someone down for napkins and clean the table myself. When our meal was done, the second waitress came over and handed us our bill, saying "I hope your day gets better than it started." We looked at the bill and were absolutely amazed -- they hadn't taken ONE DIME off the bill! I wanted to complain but my husband didn't want to make a scene so we paid it (first time ever I have not left a tip), then went to the gift shop to buy dry clothes and go to the restroom to clean up and change. It was a horrible experience!

srdipert
05-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Okay, I have to preface this in all fairness by saying that this was our second trip to Akershus for the princess breakfast and the first trip was absolutely lovely. That said, our last trip there will be our LAST TRIP THERE!

When our waitress came over she introduced herself and told us it was her first day. If you've been there before, you know that it is family style, so they bring large platters of food to put in the middle of the table and carafes of juice and milk. Well, we got our food without incident and a few moments later the new girl lost control of her tray and dumped no fewer than five full carafes of juice all over our table. We were all SOAKED! As my husband scrambled to wipe down the camera and camcorder and I scrambled to save my DD's already half full autograph book, the waitress ran off crying. We felt really bad for her. The manager came over and asked us if we wanted him to replace the autograph book and I said no, that's okay. She would lose a lot of autographs. He said okay and left. Another waitress came over and replaced the platter of food, but did not bother to clean off the table, she just put the plate down in the huge juice puddle with a splash and left. I had to flag someone down for napkins and clean the table myself. When our meal was done, the second waitress came over and handed us our bill, saying "I hope your day gets better than it started." We looked at the bill and were absolutely amazed -- they hadn't taken ONE DIME off the bill! I wanted to complain but my husband didn't want to make a scene so we paid it (first time ever I have not left a tip), then went to the gift shop to buy dry clothes and go to the restroom to clean up and change. It was a horrible experience!

That is awful. I would have told him no the autograph book is fine but we need clothes for the rest of the day. Did they expect you to walk around Disney in wet sticky clothes? I would have refused to pay the bill too.

srdipert
05-22-2008, 07:19 PM

You should have not been charged for the infant children under the age of 3 are free even at family style and buffets.

SereneOne
05-22-2008, 10:46 PM
We where on the DDP and did the dinner, December of 07, it was fantastic! We had the venison steak and it was like a fancy version of beef stroganoff. The appetizers where great, and the desserts where delicious. We where lucky to get autographs and pics with Belle, Cindy, Ariel, Jasmine and Aurora! We hit the mother lode of D Princesses! The look on my four yo's face when she saw them, there is not enough money in the world...it was worth every penny and then some. I am just waiting for my six months plus 10 days to be here so I can book again this year! :dance3:

Oh, I am pretty sure my daughter had a baked chicken meal....she really loved the cake!

myAAbatteries&aTD
05-23-2008, 01:35 AM
You should have not been charged for the infant children under the age of 3 are free even at family style and buffets.

This was my understanding also.... we've never been charged for our children under 3, even when they were on the reservation as needing a seat. I hope this hasn't changed!

adell557
05-23-2008, 02:18 AM
We went August of 07 and loved it. There is a cold bar so the little ones can have a ham sandwich if they want, they do offer a kids menu like all the other TS, pizza, chicken nuggets, etc. I thought the food was good. It was something new and different and the princess interaction is awesome. My DD is a huge Ariel fan, and she comes only to the dinner, sometimes lunch, but never the breakfast, which is why we picked dinner. She was thrilled to see all the princesses it was great and we will be going back.:yay: :yay:

Belle4mygrl
05-23-2008, 10:49 PM
To answer my ?'s before, I called dining AGAIN. I asked the 4th person and she did research and did give me the correct answers.

The anyone not eating would be charged a $4.50 entertainment fee and if they did not come in then they would be charged a $10 noncancellation fee. And my ? about them ordering a coke would not suffice because they said items are NOT a la carte.

So, for those of you who thought I was trying to get around not paying for my older kids THAT WAS NOT the case. I was only asking many of you who had experience there what to expect. It will be my daughter's birthday we are celebrating and I didn't want the older kids to miss the celebration even though they didn't like the type of food.

Thanks to those who helped. and to the other poster I AM SO SORRY. What an ordeal to have wet sticky clothes. I am positive if you had of mentioned it to the manager (that is if you could have located him/her :sad2: )they would have corrected it.

Tiger926
05-24-2008, 08:26 AM
To answer my ?'s before, I called dining AGAIN. I asked the 4th person and she did research and did give me the correct answers.

The anyone not eating would be charged a $4.50 entertainment fee and if they did not come in then they would be charged a $10 noncancellation fee. And my ? about them ordering a coke would not suffice because they said items are NOT a la carte.

So, for those of you who thought I was trying to get around not paying for my older kids THAT WAS NOT the case. I was only asking many of you who had experience there what to expect. It will be my daughter's birthday we are celebrating and I didn't want the older kids to miss the celebration even though they didn't like the type of food.

Thanks to those who helped. and to the other poster I AM SO SORRY. What an ordeal to have wet sticky clothes. I am positive if you had of mentioned it to the manager (that is if you could have located him/her :sad2: )they would have corrected it.

I thought you already knew about the cancellation fee as you have to give a credit card at time of booking, and so that's why I didn't mention it. This is a restaurant that charges an Entertainment fee due to the amount of characters, as well as a per person cancellation fee. They always tell you this when booking your ADR, so I assumed that you knew. Sorry about not mentioning that, but glad you got that info as it will surely help you plan.

Happy eating, Tiger :)

adell557
05-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi, called the dining hot line. There is a kid's menu. I think they said pizza, pasta, hot dog and chicken. It was extensive. Have never eater there before.

Have done CRT and 1900 park. Liked CRT over 1900 because of the noise level and because 1900 only had cindy and her friends. CRT had several princesses.

This is only true for Lunch, not dinner. CRT dinner is Fairy godmother, and Suzy and Perla with a photo of Cindy at the beginning, no other princesses.

3kidz4dis
05-24-2008, 11:21 AM
[/COLOR]

This is only true for Lunch, not dinner. CRT dinner is Fairy godmother, and Suzy and Perla with a photo of Cindy at the beginning, no other princesses.

Which princesses usually show up for dinner and which for lunch? Does dinner end up with more princesses. We are using our dining plan so it is 1 credit for dinner or 1 for lunch so we want the meal with the most princesses. Thanks!

momandseandodisney
05-24-2008, 11:26 AM
went for dinenr (for my 26th BD) with my 10 year old son last year.

Nice resturant, good chara interaction, ok buffet part, good desert, horrible main dish.

I would recommend maybe the breakfast, and I would do maybe the breakfast if I ever went back

praline3001
05-24-2008, 01:17 PM
we were there in Feb and the food was horrid, the service was less than Disney like and the princesses were short and rude with our table. It was by far the worst character meal we went to. also, the wait to get in was UNREAL!!!!!

I have heard better things about the breakfast so maybe try that. The BEST princess meal is the 1900 park fare one... at least my family thought so. The food was really good and the step sisters were hysterical and interacted much more with the kids.

divawife
05-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Here is my review from the Resturant Reviews-we were there in April:
EPCOT Norway Storybook Princess lunch

Very early lunch ADR at 11:20 am- May I suggest the same for you. No lines to get in-Breakfast ending. The only thing is you sit in the side room since they are ending Breakfast in the main room but it was truly fine that way.

The girls changed into their outfits and we were off! First we went to have pics done with Belle in a fabulous golden yellow gown. The pics were not included during our time but I understand they will be soon. We bought them since they came out so pretty. Belle was super sweet-again no rush from her but the photographer was (again) a little abrupt.

We had a nice waitress who told us we had some time to enjoy the appetizer buffet before the other princesses came around.

Now I really, really enjoyed this appetizer buffet! There are things that anybody would like -cheeses (very mild), salami, all salad and all dressings, cucumber salad, mickey pasta salad, chicken salad. But then they had the most delicious lox and cream cheese along with herring in wine sauce and smoked herring. I adored it. It is food you have to like and it is different but it drives me crazy when people call it "weird" both on the boards and in the restaurant.

I had the lamb stew which dissapointed me greatly. It was teeny tiny bits of lamb with teeny tiny bits of cabbage! Hardly any taste whatsoever. I sent it back and happily had the appetizers.

The other adults had the special Norwegian meatloaf (begins with a "k") and it was very delicious. The other adult had the salmon open face sandwich and seafood chowder. It was really wonderful! If you like salmon get that dish!

The kids had the chicken -again no big whoop-they enjoyed the cheese and salami appetizers very much.

The princesses started coming around and Ariel was there!!! We were so happy and she looked adorable. We also saw Aurora Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine and....the big cheese herself Cinderella! Yep-she showed up for lunch. They were gracious, not rushed and had fun with the girls (Cindy stating she'd like to visit their house but GA sounded like a very long pumpkin ride!).

The desserts came out family style. This is where I can give you all a hint. During the middle of our eating our lunch the waitress plopped down the dessert plates with forks (not the actual dessert but getting ready for it). We asked her assistant to please tell her not bring the dessert tray out until we had finished lunch.

This worked out very well for us. The desserts were ok I didn't care for the rice cream but the kids did. We had an espresso cheese cake and a "princess" cake-Got me on the princess cake but I liked it a lot. It was very light and creamy.

debilovesmickey
05-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Hi,
I booked Akershus for dinner last month ( 4/08).
I have 2 teenaged sons so we were really not there for the princesses!
We had been in 2001 and loved it ( food wise) and wanted to return. At that time, my kids were only 12 and 9 and they loved the sugar cookie shaped like a troll that they "painted" with a paint brush and colored frosting-- these are gone from the menu.

To me, the food is excellent and they let my picky 15 year old order from the children's menu ( pizza).

Sadly, I don't think we will return unless I have a princess granddaughter to take some day. I love the food, but am not interested in the character interaction.

Hope this helps,
Debi

praline3001
05-24-2008, 01:24 PM

I did but I didn't see anywhere on the menu where it said the meat would be so salty that you couldn't swallow it :rotfl2:

I swear they dumped 5 pounds of salt on the chicken :rotfl2:

The "cold buffet" was a salad bar....
well they had cold smoked fish that was really dried out and tasted yucky.... but that's a personal opinion... some people might like cold hard dried out fish :rotfl2:

But we are cajun and cajuns are NOT known for being picky eaters :rotfl2:
Nobody in my family liked this place... even my little princess said she never wanted to go back, that seeing the princesses was NOT worth it :rotfl2:

divawife
05-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Not for nothing but I have to say I have a pet peeve.

If you don't like the food that is one thing-you tried something new and didn't care for it. That does not mean that food is wierd or horrible-just different than what you are used to and you didn't like it.

If you are abused in a restaurant such as having juice dumped all over you and your belongings including things that cannot be easily replaced such as autograph books with autographs, cameras or camcorders that may be damaged, your clothes a mess than do something about it.

TELL the manager what you want don't expect him or her to be a mind reader and don't expect him or her to be the poster child of customer service. Usually they are harried and crazed.

Stand up for yourself. Tell them you want another table and quickly, you want compensation for your clothing, you want your dinner bill to reflect your inconvenience.

If you deserve something say something. You are not taking advantage of the situation.

divawife
05-24-2008, 01:35 PM
As long a I am on a roll...
The 18% tip is strong suggestion. If your service was poor or you do not feel you want to tip 18% for heaven's sake don't! Now I cannot say if you have a party over 6 they won't just add it but...I never have charging on my card-I tip according to service sometimes over 20% if it warrents it. Stop thinkin you must tip that amount- you do not.

Raiderhouse
05-24-2008, 04:48 PM
We went for lunch a couple of weeks ago!!! My daughter LOVED it!!!! My son liked it as well...even though he said he didn't. Belle was first with the picture...we also saw Ariel, Jasmine, Aurora, and Cinderella!!! They were all so sweet to my daughter! The food was OK... I had Chicken Hubby had Beef. The kids had the pizza and only ate a couple of bites. Luckily, they have meat and cheese before. We LOVED the dessert platter...very good!!! It was a little more than we wanted to spend, but we would do it again!!! It was nice to have a break from the heat and see the thrill on our daughter's face when she saw the princesses!!!

PrincessDisney96
05-25-2008, 09:41 AM
I agree with some of the people! I think you should totally go for breakfast. They have about all the princesses, Jasmine, Mulan, Aorura, Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, and maybe even more! Also, the food isn't too bad and the building is very beautiful! The last time we went to Akershus for breakfast was 2 years ago which was the last time we went to Disney. As of this time will be our 4th return WE BOOKED AKERSHUS AGAIN FOR BREAKFAST!!!! We are going with another family to WDW but just me, my 2 dd's, and the other mommy in the other family will be going. WE CANNOT WAIT TO RETURN! So, I can basically only tell you that the breakfast is to die for, as of I have never been to dinner, but I would try breakfast because I know you will experience a GREAT time and your daughter's will :love: it!!!!!

buckeyebill1995
05-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Not for nothing but I have to say I have a pet peeve.

If you are abused in a restaurant such as having juice dumped all over you and your belongings including things that cannot be easily replaced such as autograph books with autographs, cameras or camcorders that may be damaged, your clothes a mess than do something about it.

TELL the manager what you want don't expect him or her to be a mind reader and don't expect him or her to be the poster child of customer service. Usually they are harried and crazed.

Stand up for yourself. Tell them you want another table and quickly, you want compensation for your clothing, you want your dinner bill to reflect your inconvenience.

If you deserve something say something. You are not taking advantage of the situation.

Believe me, I am usually not hesititant to speak up when something is not right, but we honestly thought it was so blatantly horrible they would take care of our bill (thus offsetting the clothes we had to buy) without us having to pitch a fit. Unfortunately that didn't happen and my DH did not want it to set the tone for our day. When we got back I wrote an e-mail to Customer Relations and they said they would reimburse us, which didn't happen, but they did send my daughter some very nice customized autographed princess pictures which she loved.

With all due respect, though, I do have to disagree with you on one thing. As someone who used to be in that field, I do think that customers have the right to expect the manager to be the 'poster child' of customer service. They set the tone for how their entire staff approaches customer service and should do the right thing before someone has to complain. Especially at Disney.

marriedtodisneylover
05-27-2008, 08:08 PM
We went to the breakfast twice - first time in Oct 05 and second time in Dec 07. We all enjoyed the first time more. For some reason I found the food better (although the second time it wasn't bad, just not as good as I remembered it) and we also had better service the first time. That being said it was worth it both times because of the characters. My daughter was able to take pictures with different princesses and get their autographs. By the way - this helped us avoid long lines later on in the parks. We all agreed that we would pick 1900 Park Fare over Akershus but it is hard to argue the character factor - all those princesses at one meal.