PDA

View Full Version : People Mover/TTA

MA pigletfan
05-20-2008, 11:29 AM
I just read somewhere that there is not a people mover in Tommorow land in dl...is this true?

dbanzai
05-20-2008, 11:32 AM
That is true. There was, and then it became Rocket Rods, but for now there is just a track above everything.

honeymom
05-20-2008, 11:45 AM
I read somewhere (a few months ago) that they may bring it back sometime in the future.

MA pigletfan
05-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Bummer! oh well at least now i know and won't waste time looking up to the sky for it ;)

DoomBugger
05-20-2008, 12:13 PM
One of the problems with PM at DL is that the tracks they used to run on no longer will pass code and can't be used again. If PM ever comes back I hear they will have to construct a new path to replace the old one. Sucks.

mommy2allyandaveri
05-20-2008, 06:20 PM
That does suck, I would love for that ride to come back!

Jenn1116
05-20-2008, 06:24 PM
I remember the ride being there. But can't remember what the ride actually was. :confused: Why am I thinking Michael Jackson? Maybe my parents never took me on it? Hmmm...

Anyway, I assume if they don't upgrade the track then they'll eventually turn it into something else?

stacymomof2
05-20-2008, 06:50 PM
From the looks of the track, I would hope they would re-do them if they decided to go with the ride again...Yikes, a couple spots were scary looking! :scared1: :lmao:

dizneekrazee
05-20-2008, 07:03 PM
I also heard the ride was going to come back sometime in the future.

But I also heard from a CM at DL about 1-2 years ago that they were considering that to be the placement of the upcoming Incredibles ride. They were kinda in hiatus about the Incredibles ride. When we got out store newsletter about the ride, it said it was going to be in DCA. When we went in like 05 or 06, I asked 1 of the CM when they were going to start constuction for the Incredibles ride, she got out this little booklet that all sorts of information on it (I would love to get my hands on one of those!!), and said "September" of whatever year I asked her. Never happened. The following year is when I asked a CM in FL about the ride, and he told me it would go where PM used to be, but they were having a hard time becuse of the tracks, abd becuase the type of ride they wanted to make. I had originally heard it was supposed to be a bit more of a thrill ride kinda like Indiana Jones.

I personally am not a big fan of the Incredibles, but I do know they are making an Incredibles 2, Toy Story 3 (2010), and Cars 2 (2012, the year Carsland is supposed to open in DCA). We got his info in our store newletters as well, except about the Incredibles, a Pixar animator told us (we are the closest store to the Pixar studios!)

HTH!!

dbanzai
05-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Well, DLR seems to be doing well with restoring nostalgic rides: The subs are back, the flying saucers are reportedly returning (in said Carsland in DCA I believe is what I heard), and I too have heard the PM is supposed to come back. Let's hope, as it's a good trend... As someone who loves the history of the park but hadn't visited until a few years ago, I'd love to see these rides, even though I've been on the PM at WDW.

tink2dw
05-20-2008, 08:04 PM
I am I wrong? But the WDW people mover and the DL Skyway to Fantasyland
are very different rides??

The DisneyLand, Skyway to Fantasyland, was a bucket ride across DL from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland, that went thru the Matterhorn?

WDW People Mover is a relaxing ride in a open car on a road over Tomorrowland that was powered by magnets in the road that powered the car along the road thru Space Mountain?

tink2dw
05-20-2008, 08:21 PM
yes/no??

dbanzai
05-20-2008, 08:22 PM
You are correct, they are different rides. PM/TTA is a set of cars that ride along a track above Tomorrowland. The Skyway was your traditional gondola cable car.