PDA

View Full Version : Visiting from the camping forum/a few ???

TheFlame
05-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi!

A little info and then a few questions please!:lovestruc

We have been to Disney 2x on our AP since October and will use them for the last time in August. We are staying in our camper at FW so we won't have the FREE DINING that is available to everyone else during that time:mad: :mad: :mad: so we will have to budget our meals as usual.

We usually eat at the camper for breakfast and dinner(if possible) and since it will be August that will change. We will eat breakfast and lunch at the camper and dinner in the parks most nights. We hope to hit the parks early and come back for lunch, pool and nap then hit the parks late. It will be so hot and I don't think there is another way to do it!:confused3

We have been to Chef Mickey for dinner every trip since 2001 and want to change that. We have also been to Crystal Palace for breakfast 2x this past Oct. and Jan. 08 but don't think that we want to change that. We love the food and the characters there!:thumbsup2

Can I have advice on a really great Character meal for dinner? We love Chef Mickey but want to do something different on our last trip on our AP's. We probably won't be back to WDW for a while after this August.:sad2:

For a party of 5 adults, 2yo girl, 8yo boy and 13yo girl can you please recommend the following....

1. Your favorite WDW resort or park character meal for dinner and why?

2. Your favorite WDW resort or park character meal for breakfast and why?

Thanks so much in advance for the help!:love:

Poohbeck
05-20-2008, 09:42 AM
1. We have never done a character dinner, but will be trying, after all the great reviews, Liberty Tree Tavern this trip for a character dinner.

2. I would have to say our FAV. character breakfast is at Chef Mickey's, our 2nd would be the breakfast at AK. We will be trying the new breakfast at AK at Tusker house on our upcoming trip.

Have fun!

TheFlame
05-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Thank you so much for your reply!:)

I don't know anything about Liberty Tree Tavern but I will look it up! I love Chef Mickey for dinner(or supper as we southerner's call it!;) ) but don't want to go there at all this trip. I have read good things about the new breakfast at AK and that will probably be one of my top picks.

We used to(before AP's) try to do character meals at the resorts because of having to have a ticket, but that is not an issue anymore. I guess I have felt kind of restricted in the past to resorts only and stuck with Chef Mickey on an off park day. There are so many good places to choose from and it is soooooo expensive! I don't want to over plan but I HAVE to budget it all out before we go. We try not to spend too much money on food and we don't drink so all of the extra money can go to souvenir's. But this trip it will go mostly to DIESEL!:scared1:

Thanks again for your reply!:thumbsup2

pumba
05-20-2008, 11:15 AM
where you are getting your AP passes........have you thought of getting the DDE card.....we saved 20 percent on food courts in our hotel, and at the sit down restaurants......it was worth it for us....

we did Crystal Palace for dinner and loved it....the buffet had alot of choices and was good for kids as well as adults......the prime rib and the turkey were great, as was the pulled pork and the two types of fish......delicious everywhere........

Biergarten had alot of good choices also for adults and children......

pumba
05-20-2008, 11:22 AM
here is the info on DDE.....it also has a 20 percent off at Trails End.....

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneydiningexperience.htm

tlhbdm
05-20-2008, 11:26 AM
I LOVE LTT. It is a family style restaurant and Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip & Dale are there. The food is what you might see at Thanksgiving, Turkey, Pork, and beef. You also get unlimited green beens, mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, & stoffer's mac and cheese. For dessert you get apple crisp. It is one of DH and my favorite restaurant in all of Disney World. My family started a tradition back in 1996 and we have gone to it every trip since then. I have a lot of pics if you would like to see.

For breakfast I would recommend 'Ohana. I love Lilo & Stitch so this place is the best for me. Get to see both of them and again this restaurant is family style. You get scrambled eggs, meats(bacon & sausage), potatoes, and little mini waffles. You also get this really yummy juice, it is like mango passion fruit or something. Also have lots of pics of this too if you want to see them.

TheFlame
05-20-2008, 11:29 AM
where you are getting your AP passes........have you thought of getting the DDE card.....we saved 20 percent on food courts in our hotel, and at the sit down restaurants......it was worth it for us....

we did Crystal Palace for dinner and loved it....the buffet had alot of choices and was good for kids as well as adults......the prime rib and the turkey were great, as was the pulled pork and the two types of fish......delicious everywhere........

Biergarten had alot of good choices also for adults and children......

We exchanged our 10 day no expiry/hopper tickets this past Oct.(and got money back!:worship: ) and will use them for the 3rd and final time this August....sorry for the confusion!:goodvibes

We did not get the DDE card on the first trip because we exchanged our tickets at the gate and we couldn't get it.:headache: We decided not to get it on the second trip because we felt we should have had it for the first and by this trip it wouldn't be worth it. In January we were not sure if there would be another trip so still no DDE. I know it would have payed off in Oct and then again in Jan. but I guess it is too late now!:sad2: ( was that too confusing?:eek: )

I haven't even tought of doing Crystal Palace for dinner, it sounds good! I don't really know anything about the rest. at Epcot.

Thank you so much!:flower3: