PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard anything about Toy Story Mania opening for AP's?

Bsbllmom
05-20-2008, 12:24 AM
I was wondering if anyone heard anything. If so is it some sort of contest or can any AP holder ride before the official opening?

TIA.

Denton
05-20-2008, 09:08 AM
From the Disneyland Web site:

Win a Sneak Peek of Toy Story Mania!

Enter the Toy Story Mania! Annual Passholder Sneak Peek opportunity drawing to be one of the very first Disney's California AdventureŽ Park Guests to ride Toy Story Mania! Take advantage of this exciting chance to be a part of DisneylandŽ Resort history.

If you are selected to attend the sneak peek on a blockout date for your Annual Passport type, you must purchase a Blockout Day Ticket to attend the event.*

Monday, June 9, 2008
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008
4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Southern California Select Passport Blockout Date
Southern California Passport Blockout Date
4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Visit the contest page on the AP Web site to register:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/gated/detail?name=AP_ToyStoryManiaPreviewSweepstakesPage

Bsbllmom
05-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Wow thanks, you know I looked and couldn't find it. Maybe I had to log in.:confused:

Laurabearz
05-20-2008, 11:39 AM
So I wonder what they are doing between the 12th and the 17th when it officially opens... Would it be too much to hope for a DVC preview :rotfl:

From the Disneyland Web site:

Win a Sneak Peek of Toy Story Mania!

Enter the Toy Story Mania! Annual Passholder Sneak Peek opportunity drawing to be one of the very first Disney's California AdventureŽ Park Guests to ride Toy Story Mania! Take advantage of this exciting chance to be a part of DisneylandŽ Resort history.

If you are selected to attend the sneak peek on a blockout date for your Annual Passport type, you must purchase a Blockout Day Ticket to attend the event.*

Monday, June 9, 2008
4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008
4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Visit the contest page on the AP Web site to register:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/gated/detail?name=AP_ToyStoryManiaPreviewSweepstakesPage

TinkandPooh
05-20-2008, 12:01 PM
So I wonder what they are doing between the 12th and the 17th when it officially opens... Would it be too much to hope for a DVC preview :rotfl:

No telling what they will do for sure as Disney is always changing the way they do things.
I can tell you that we were at the parks before the scheduled opening day for the Monsters INC ride back when it was new and during the day if you walked by at just the right time they were allowing some people into the ride for soft runs or pre opening day trials. They would have it open for maybe like an hour and let people go through then close it up and then later do another hour run or so.
I do not know if Disney still operates this way because as you know MI has been around now for a couple years but my guess would be that the closer it gets to opening day for TSM that there may be a good chance that if you are in the right place at the right time then you may get to preview it without actually winning a preview as a AP holder.
Don't know any of this for sure it is just a guess based on our past Disney experiences.
I know I can't wait to give it a whirl!!!!:cloud9:

Bsbllmom
05-20-2008, 12:16 PM
No telling what they will do for sure as Disney is always changing the way they do things.
I can tell you that we were at the parks before the scheduled opening day for the Monsters INC ride back when it was new and during the day if you walked by at just the right time they were allowing some people into the ride for soft runs or pre opening day trials. They would have it open for maybe like an hour and let people go through then close it up and then later do another hour run or so.
I do not know if Disney still operates this way because as you know MI has been around now for a couple years but my guess would be that the closer it gets to opening day for TSM that there may be a good chance that if you are in the right place at the right time then you may get to preview it without actually winning a preview as a AP holder.
Don't know any of this for sure it is just a guess based on our past Disney experiences.
I know I can't wait to give it a whirl!!!!:cloud9:
Didn't they do that with POC also? I think we actually rode it the day it was supposed to open. I really don't remember. Maybe we will go to CA and just sit in front of the ride to see if they will let us in. LOL!!

daisy_77
05-20-2008, 12:21 PM
I entered the contest to ride. I hope I get picked! I saw the ride on YouTube and it looks like a blast!:banana:

Laurabearz
05-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah I pretty much figured there is no real rhyme or reason to the soft openings.. It's just we are scheduled to head down to San Diego on the 17th, but would love to do TSM before we did...

BUT that adds a day to our tickets and I would hate to buy the extra day then luck out and ride it the week before... ahhh!!!!

pixiewings71
05-20-2008, 02:46 PM
You can always upgrade your tickets on your last day, just visit the ticket window and they will take care of it for you. :)

I entered too, I hope we win but I don't even know when the drawing is! LOL

Albort
05-20-2008, 03:54 PM
dont forget the ride could be down on the day you go. I remember this happening to the submarine voyage during the AP preview.

pycees312
05-20-2008, 05:41 PM

I know this is wishful thinking but im hoping that during the DVC member reception next week they alow us to go on at the end of the reception.. I know i know.. that is a stretch but would be really cool!!!!

Disney Davo
05-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Any info on soft opening????????????

Bsbllmom
05-20-2008, 07:15 PM
I was trying to register my son's AP and it wouldn't let me get to the place where I can put in his bar code #. Is this because he is only 12? It let me make up a username and password with his birthdate but not the bar code #.

I wanted to enter all of our AP's for the TSM ride preview.

CalDisneyFamily
06-12-2008, 12:51 PM
We were not chosen, but did win tickets for the KOST 103.5 private party on Tuesday night for the soft opening. KOST did a wonderful job with the opening. There was a great ceremony with green soldiers and Woody and Buzz and a few other characters, a count down and tons of confetti. The park closed at 9 pm, but if you the special ticket/wristband, you could stay until 1pm to try out the ride. The line was still a hour and a half wait, but worth it...

I loved it!!!!

FYI - Justin Machoney, Disney's Chief Magic Official (CMO) and also a fantastic DIS'r will be there for the official opening ceremony on the 17th. We will be there....!!!!!

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh239/CalDisneyFamily/DIScademy%20Awards/WendyAvatar.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana: