PDA

View Full Version : Big River Brewery

lomillerin
05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Has anyone tried the cheese soup at BRB? I love the cheese soup at Canada, how does this compare?
We are staying at the BWI and would love to get some cheese soup.

brenalexacamp
05-20-2008, 05:31 AM
gross cheeseburgers and meatloaf-not inexpensive either.

no fries, no ice cream

go to espn for a great burger if that's the area you want to be in- great food and service.

Corinne
05-20-2008, 06:03 AM
We have eaten at Big River several times and have never found it to be "gross". I have not tried the cheese soup there. We always have it at Le Cellier. Let us know if you try it!

madalex
05-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Never had the cheese soup, but I do like Big River. We eat there at least once on every trip. Good sandwiches and other bar type food. Great beers.

Avoid ESPN like the plague. The food is truly awful.

Chellymouse
05-20-2008, 11:33 AM
ESPN is great if you're a sports fanatic and can handle eating mammoth amounts of food. Bottom line, both ESPN and BRG serve your basic bar food. The cheese soup is definitely better at LeCellier. DH likes the microbrews (he's a beer snob) and we're both diehards when it comes to our sports (The only way we'll go to the world during football season is if we spend Sunday afternoon at ESPN) but for meals, you're better off elsewhere unless that's the type of food you enjoy. Both places are great places to hang out, enjoy some adult beverages and a snack but I wouldn't recommend either for a dining experience even though we go to both of them nearly every trip.

Cee
05-20-2008, 11:36 AM
I've eaten at the Big River several times and cannot for the life of me remember
anything about it. It just didn't bowl me over. I'd walk across the "boards"
and grab a delicious burger at Beaches & Cream at the BC. :thumbsup2

lomillerin
05-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the replies. We don't really plan to have an entire dinner at BRB, but I saw they had cheese soup and thought I might try it.
I love most all cheese soups and especially like Le Cellier. We just don't ADRs Does anyone know how late you can food at either ESPN or BRB? We are staying at the BW and thought it might make a good late night snack place.