PDA

View Full Version : Akershus for the Princesses

DisneyBugs
05-19-2008, 01:07 PM
I was just reading the breakfast menu for the Princess breakfast at Akershus.
Doesn’t seem like any thing special… and states a ‘Norwegian twist’ – what’s that about?
Looking for feedback – and if anyone knows if Ariel is there in her wedding dress -- ??
Thanks!

itsallaboutme
05-19-2008, 01:26 PM
From what I have read, Ariel is not at breakfast. I made an ADR the other day and the CM told me the only guaranteed princess for breakfast was snow white. The rest can vary depending on availability....

tink22
05-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Well you are eating in a Norwegian restaurant. So that would be the reasoning behind the twist. Breakfast is standard fare of eggs, potatoes, etc with a cold buffet of fruit. Good for the picky eaters of the world.

Ariel doesn't normally appear for breakfast. So your odds of seeing her then are slim to none. And it's not her wedding dress she wears. Just a pretty green dress that is not specific to anything from the movie.

tinkandpan
05-19-2008, 05:05 PM
I don't really know where they see the twist, unless it is some of the things on the cold buffet since the hot food is standard american fare.
We have seen Ariel at breakfast in her green dress but she might have been subbing in for another princess.

Sophie_2003
05-19-2008, 05:15 PM
We did dinner, and that included Ariel in her white and green gown, Sleeping beauty, Jasmine, Alice and Belle greeting us as we entered.

ms*mountaineer
05-19-2008, 06:02 PM
breakfast is mainly just regular American food - I believe there was some smoked salmon on the buffet with the cheese and fruit - that's the closest thing to a Norwegian twist. We enjoyed our breakfast food!

We did have Ariel at breakfast - I don't think there's any princess you can count on for any meal. They rotate and they substitute at any time.