PDA

View Full Version : Girls Only Trip. OLD THREAD! Please see first post for link to new one, thanks!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 12:10 PM
NEW TRIP PLANNING THREAD!!!

This one was almost at 250 pages. So you can find the new one and all the info here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1993145

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 12:10 PM
See first post please. Thanks!

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Please see first post. Thanks!

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 12:12 PM

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 12:12 PM

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 12:13 PM

wendylady36
05-19-2008, 12:14 PM
So please come and join us!! It's open to all ladies, all shapes, all ages, married or not, kids or not, etc. All that's required is you are female (LOL, sorry guys), are at least over the age of 18 and LOVE DISNEY!! ;)

Finally, a group I fit into! Thanks for all your hard work Beth :goodvibes
I'm excited to have a Disneyland trip to look forward to :hyper:

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Finally, a group I fit into! Thanks for all your hard work Beth :goodvibes
I'm excited to have a Disneyland trip to look forward to :hyper:

:rotfl: No problem! I'm glad you can join us this time and I hope we get lots of other new ladies to come along as well!! :cool1:

fairycat
05-19-2008, 01:06 PM
I had so much fun I hope I can do even more days this next round!

I have been bad I still need to finish my trip report and download my pictures but I am going to try and get to it soon!

grizbuzz
05-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Let the planning begin! :cool1:

disney-inspired
05-19-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm hoping to get to know everyone better (or for the first time -- Beth!) since I won't be working that weekend and I'll be even closer at school in Fullerton (15 minutes from DL:cloud9: It's going to rock!). I'll start saving now, actually after I pay off all my debt (silly Disney Visa!). Staying at a hotel depends on how I'm doing money-wise. I already have my annual pass so I don't have to worry about admission and I've learned some pretty awesome food budgeting tips.

:woohoo:Only 9 and bit months!

Edit* This is my 600th post! :]

Jenn1116
05-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Are a lot of the ladies planning on HoJo's? Are the Ent Rates available that weekend? I'm hoping to get APs in Nov or Dec, and if so I definitely want to go! Due to the winter trip I have planned, I'll really have to keep costs down and save even more!

daisy_77
05-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Woohoo! I am stoked!:cool1:

Stacerita
05-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Wooohooo!:woohoo: I'm in!

lulubelle
05-19-2008, 02:04 PM
YaHooooo!
I'm in for sure. :dance3:
HoJo's again, ladies? Do we need to check with Lorealle for rates?
or try for CCI this time?

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 02:24 PM
I had so much fun I hope I can do even more days this next round!
I hope so too! This time I plan to open and close the ladies trip! No more of this one day business. :rotfl:

Let the planning begin! :cool1::cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I'm hoping to get to know everyone better (or for the first time -- Beth!) since I won't be working that weekend and I'll be even closer at school in Fullerton (15 minutes from DL:cloud9: It's going to rock!).

Edit* This is my 600th post! :]Yes, it is going to rock!! And I also can't wait to meet you too!
Congrats on your 600th post. :banana:

Are a lot of the ladies planning on HoJo's? Are the Ent Rates available that weekend? I'm hoping to get APs in Nov or Dec, and if so I definitely want to go! Due to the winter trip I have planned, I'll really have to keep costs down and save even more!
I think HoJo's worked out well last time so I think it's safe to say that's where we'll be again. :thumbsup2 Or at least try to be.

YaHooooo!
I'm in for sure. :dance3:
HoJo's again, ladies? Do we need to check with Lorealle for rates?
or try for CCI this time?I was going to send Lorealle an email in just a few minutes actually. Since we have official dates now, we can see what she can put together for us and go from there.

I'll stay anywhere, but it seemed everyone was happy with HoJo. I'll post once I hear from her.

DangerMouse
05-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Yay for dates! :cheer2: Yay for planning! :dance3:

Boo that I probably won't be able to come. :sad1:

I turn 40 on March 11, so you'd think I could phenagle some kind of birthday trip, huh? Beth, you might need to send over those lime green stripper shoes ;)

It will be end of year before I could even start talking to my dh about it, but I'll keep checking in wih the thread, ok?

staley7580
05-19-2008, 02:50 PM
hmmmm... I hope I can make it! If I do, It will only be for a couple of days this time. But... My kids will be older, maybe the little one wont miss mommy so much. I dont know... With dh and I going on a trip the first weekend of April without the kids, this is cutting it to close for us.. Isnt it? Hmmm.. What to do, what to do.

Okay.. Sorry, I was thinking out loud a little bit right there!:lmao: :lmao:

toocherie
05-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Ok ladies--I'm in too! And I vote for Hojo's again--they were SO nice to us.

Can I just say I am ready for 2009 already? My paralegal told me this morning she needs to quit for a while to take care of HER Mom. So I think for my needs right now I need a full-time admin. asst. -- which I have probably needed for a while but have been making do with DBF (but now that he's working--Yay!--he's not available to do all the admin stuff he was doing). Plus I'm hoping my paralegal gets her situation sorted out and comes back--at least part-time.

So, if someone knows of a crackerjack admin in the Orange County area let me know!

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Yay for dates! :cheer2: Yay for planning! :dance3:

Boo that I probably won't be able to come. :sad1:

I turn 40 on March 11, so you'd think I could phenagle some kind of birthday trip, huh? Beth, you might need to send over those lime green stripper shoes ;)

It will be end of year before I could even start talking to my dh about it, but I'll keep checking in wih the thread, ok?

Of course you must keep checking in, because I know I told you I was not listening to that kind of talk!!! :mad:

http://bestsmileys.com/notlistening/2.gif

I'll send over the shoes and an outfit to match!! Don't worry, he'll give in in no time! :rotfl:

I say we all plan a birthday party for you and then you can tell your DH you simply have to be there. I mean it would be rude not to show up to your own party, right?
I'll be in charge of hiring the entertainment.... :rolleyes1 :banana:

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 02:56 PM
I dont know... With dh and I going on a trip the first weekend of April without the kids, this is cutting it to close for us.. Isnt it?
I say no. There ya go, problem solved. You're welcome. ;)

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Ok ladies--I'm in too! And I vote for Hojo's again--they were SO nice to us.

Can I just say I am ready for 2009 already? My paralegal told me this morning she needs to quit for a while to take care of HER Mom. So I think for my needs right now I need a full-time admin. asst. -- which I have probably needed for a while but have been making do with DBF (but now that he's working--Yay!--he's not available to do all the admin stuff he was doing). Plus I'm hoping my paralegal gets her situation sorted out and comes back--at least part-time.

So, if someone knows of a crackerjack admin in the Orange County area let me know!
Ugh, that's too bad about your paralegal. :headache: I hope you find someone great to replace her soon!! :wizard:

staley7580
05-19-2008, 03:14 PM
I say no. There ya go, problem solved. You're welcome. ;)

;) Great. Thanks EVER so much!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Jenn1116
05-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Is it really ok to go guilt-free w/o the kiddos? And how do I convince the grandparents of this so I can get them to babysit?

staley7580
05-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Is it really ok to go guilt-free w/o the kiddos? And how do I convince the grandparents of this so I can get them to babysit?

It is okay!! I had never been away from my little ones before. I missed them terribly, but the welcome home I got was priceless! :cloud9: I got to really enjoy DL, and go on rides and see shows that I had never seen before. It was very nice. Plus it gave my hubby some time to get to know the kids better.

disney-super-mom
05-19-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it (whaaaaaa!).:sad:

Maybe I'll win the lottery or something by then.:idea: :goodvibes

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 03:37 PM
;) Great. Thanks EVER so much!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Anytime. I'm here to help. :thumbsup2

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it (whaaaaaa!).:sad:

Maybe I'll win the lottery or something by then.:idea: :goodvibesWHAT??? Oh no, no way. I won't allow it. You are so coming. We can squeeze 10 in a room and that will totally cut down on costs. :rotfl2:

OK, next problem. Geez, what would you guys do without me?? :rolleyes:

;)

staley7580
05-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Anytime. I'm here to help. :thumbsup2
:lmao:
WHAT??? Oh no, no way. I won't allow it. You are so coming. We can squeeze 10 in a room and that will totally cut down on costs. :rotfl2:

OK, next problem. Geez, what would you guys do without me?? :rolleyes:

;)

Wow!! Good thing you are here to solve all our problems!:lmao: :lmao:

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 03:49 PM

I think you'll have at least 30 ladies who will say yes to that question. ;)

Honestly, it's more then ok. As moms we do so much for everyone in our lives and often push our own "me" time aside. If you keep that up, I guarantee you you'll end up burned out.

It's hard to go away. When I went to WDW on the first ladies only trip I organized, I cried on the way to the airport, I cried on the plane, I cried on my layover......see a pattern here?? :rotfl2:

But it was something I wanted to do for me. My kids understood. In fact when they found out I was going to WDW with a bunch of ladies from the DIS, they said, "How boring, all you'll probably do is shop the whole time." :lmao:
Ummm, yeah sure honey. :rolleyes1 And I knew they would be fine.

I am glad I went. I made some great friends that I keep in touch with still today (we went in '06). And on this past Disneyland trip, I met some of the nicest, friendliest, most fun ladies I've met in a long time. I had a blast!! And I was only there for one day. :rotfl:

It took me a long time to decide to take some time for myself. And it's not like I take off all the time. 5 days out of 365 isn't a big deal. And it helps me come back refreshed and ready to be a great mom and wife again.

Now, having said all that, it's a personal decision that everyone needs to make for themselves. I know not everyone can do it. Some people couldn't dream of leaving their kids and taking off to Disneyland, or anywhere. And that's fine too. To each their own.

Maybe you'll go once and decide it's not for you, or maybe you'll decide to do it every year. You never know.

Now as for convincing the grandparents.....hmmm, I don't know! Beg? Plead? Bribery? :confused3 ;) Good luck!

(geez, I talk alot!! :rolleyes: :rotfl2: But I hoped that helped!)

kelmac284
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Count me and my mom in! It is not cast in stone but I am pretty sure we are going to go. It is going to be tough coming off of our big WDW trip in Nov and barely a month later going back for our family trip in April BUT we really want to go. We also won't be able to make the ENTIRE trip but we really want to do this.

We are thinking about coming sometime Friday morning like I will have to get the kids off to school and then get a flight somtime around 10ish. Then we would probably take a Sunday evening flight. So we will be able to do 1 full day (SAT) and 2 partial days (Fri and Sun). But we could be there for a lunch and Dinner Fri and all day Sat and breakfast Sunday and possibly lunch. So that works and I've never stayed at the HoJo but it looks nice.

So do we need to get a new entertainment book then for 09? I have an 08 book right now but I know they expire around Nov.

Just let us know what we have to do.

Hopefully we don't have to pay anything up front cuz I am having to come up with a BUNDLE for WDW right now and then I will be having to pay for our April trip at the same time!

But it sounds like fun and mom and I are def game! :)

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 04:26 PM
So do we need to get a new entertainment book then for 09? I have an 08 book right now but I know they expire around Nov.

Just let us know what we have to do.

But it sounds like fun and mom and I are def game! :)

Great! I'm glad you're going to try and make it. :thumbsup2

As for the rooms, last time the rate they got was something arranged through Lorealle as a special price for those on the ladies only trip, and it had to be booked directly with her.

This time I'm not sure how she'll want to work it. I've got an email out to her now, so as soon as I hear something I'll let you all know. :)

wdwr
05-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Sure, you just had to make a new thread and fill 3 pages of stuff on me. Just keep rubbing it in that I can't go.

What do you think the chances are that I'll either win the lottery or that they will put another holiday in March for us Canadians in Ontario? They added one to Feb.

I'll keep following, you know I'm a sucker for punishment. LOL

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Just an FYI, for those of you joining us for the first time this trip, you are welcome to read and follow the whole thread, LOL, but you don't have to.

Anytime there is something of importance planned or announced, I will add it to the first page asap, and/or the thread title.
So if you miss a few days of reading, you can just check the front page for any changes.

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Sure, you just had to make a new thread and fill 3 pages of stuff on me. Just keep rubbing it in that I can't go.

What do you think the chances are that I'll either win the lottery or that they will put another holiday in March for us Canadians in Ontario? They added one to Feb.

I'll keep following, you know I'm a sucker for punishment. LOLObviously you haven't been keeping up. :sad2: We are all going to cram 10 to a room so you and Capri don't need to win the lotto. ;)

What will we do without your sarcasm and humor??? You've got 9 months. Figure something out. :rotfl:

wendylady36
05-19-2008, 04:48 PM
We are all going to cram 10 to a room

I CALL A BED! ;)

kelmac284
05-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Great! I'm glad you're going to try and make it. :thumbsup2

As for the rooms, last time the rate they got was something arranged through Lorealle as a special price for those on the ladies only trip, and it had to be booked directly with her.

This time I'm not sure how she'll want to work it. I've got an email out to her now, so as soon as I hear something I'll let you all know. :)

Ok sounds good. Well mom and I will only need a room for Friday and Saturday night so hopefully that is not a problem but I will just watch for the info as it comes out. I am excited. THis sounds like fun. Just hope dh doesn't get mad since it is so close to our April trip. But I will find a way to convince him. ;)

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 05:13 PM
I CALL A BED! ;)
:rotfl: Well, I'll call the balcony since I am always hot, and I'll have a nice view of the Disney fireworks. ;)

Ok sounds good. Well mom and I will only need a room for Friday and Saturday night so hopefully that is not a problem but I will just watch for the info as it comes out. I am excited. THis sounds like fun. Just hope dh doesn't get mad since it is so close to our April trip. But I will find a way to convince him. ;)
No, it shouldn't be a problem. Last time not everyone was there for the exact same days.
Good luck working on your DH. ;)

21yankees
05-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Alright barring any orders from the Air Force and a good medical diagnosis (next week), I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah now to get a new ticker for the trip.

steph

staley7580
05-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I just have to post the good news.. After working on potty training the little since yesterday... She has just made #2 in the potty!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: In 2 days we have only had one accident.. and that was yesterday, right after we started.. We are doing GOOD!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Alright barring any orders from the Air Force and a good medical diagnosis (next week), I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah now to get a new ticker for the trip.

stephThree cheers for new tickers!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

And still thinking good thoughts for a good medical diagnosis. :hug: :wizard:

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 05:48 PM
I just have to post the good news.. After working on potty training the little since yesterday... She has just made #2 in the potty!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: In 2 days we have only had one accident.. and that was yesterday, right after we started.. We are doing GOOD!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Good for her! :cheer2: Man, I remember those days! I have to say, I don't miss them!! :rotfl2:

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 05:54 PM
I've started a new list on the front page of those who plan to attend the March '09 trip.

So for now, if you plan to go, let me know and I will add you on there. And for our new members, let me know if you want your real names up there and I can add those as well. :thumbsup2

21yankees
05-19-2008, 05:55 PM

CONGRATS!!!!! We're still working on it with ds.

steph

21yankees
05-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Three cheers for new tickers!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

And still thinking good thoughts for a good medical diagnosis. :hug: :wizard:

Thanks Beth :hug:

steph

wendylady36
05-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Just noticed the list of people going on the next trip, so without further ado...

Hello everybody :wave2: My name is Wendy and I have been a Disneyland addict for the past 23 years. My drug of choice: the churro, I have been known to eat three in one sitting :scared1: I hope you will all support me in my addiction and add to it as much as possible. Thank you for accepting me the way I am :upsidedow

stacielee
05-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Me, Me!!! Count me in!!! And I just added a new Ticker!!! And Callie, YOU ARE GOING!! DO YOU HEAR ME??? I'm older than you are so you have to do what I say! :rotfl2:

21yankees
05-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Just noticed the list of people going on the next trip, so without further ado...

Hello everybody :wave2: My name is Wendy and I have been a Disneyland addict for the past 23 years. My drug of choice: the churro, I have been known to eat three in one sitting :scared1: I hope you will all support me in my addiction and add to it as much as possible. Thank you for accepting me the way I am :upsidedow

Hi Wendy
I'm a Disneyaholic and have been for 28 years (got my first Mickey Mouse stuffed animal when I was 2). My drug of choice is the mickey head ice cream sandwich oh and just about anything you can find at the candy shop in Critter Country, and the sweets on Main Street (you get the idea). Nice to meet you.

steph

staley7580
05-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Good for her! :cheer2: Man, I remember those days! I have to say, I don't miss them!! :rotfl2:

CONGRATS!!!!! We're still working on it with ds.

steph

:cool1: :cool1: Thanks guys!!

wendylady36
05-19-2008, 06:10 PM
the sweets on Main Street

Mmmm...I always forget about those. I was deprived of the Main Street candy growing up, but once I got old enough and started going without my parents I gained about 20 lbs because of caramel apples and fudge :rotfl:
Nice to meet you Steph!

DangerMouse
05-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Me, Me!!! Count me in!!! And I just added a new Ticker!!! And Callie, YOU ARE GOING!! DO YOU HEAR ME??? I'm older than you are so you have to do what I say! :rotfl2:

Well, alrighty then, if YOU say so. . . :rolleyes1 I'll tell my dh that I was bullied into it by an old lady. ;) :lmao: :rotfl2:

BTW, I found the photopass info so I saw the pics. Love the ones of you and Christine with all the effects -- too cute! Why do I look like I've been run over by a truck in most of the ones I'm in??? Must have been the heat. :headache:

DangerMouse
05-19-2008, 06:17 PM

Hi Wendy! :wave: Sounds like you'll fit in with this group just fine. :thumbsup2

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 06:24 PM

Hello everybody :wave2: My name is Wendy and I have been a Disneyland addict for the past 23 years. My drug of choice: the churro, I have been known to eat three in one sitting :scared1: I hope you will all support me in my addiction and add to it as much as possible. Thank you for accepting me the way I am :upsidedowHi Wendy! You're on the list. :thumbsup2

You can keep the churros all for yourself.....but come near my funnel cake, and it's on!! :rotfl2:

Nice ticker! :yay: And I hope she will listen to you because I am having no luck with that one. :sad2: ;)

wendylady36
05-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi Wendy! :wave: Sounds like you'll fit in with this group just fine. :thumbsup2

:woohoo: It's nice to fit in somewhere! I can't wait for churros and popcorn and mickey pretzels with cheese. And of course I can't wait to meet everyone :goodvibes

wendylady36
05-19-2008, 06:28 PM
You can keep the churros all for yourself.....but come near my funnel cake, and it's on!! :rotfl2:

If you get it with the whip cream then you can have it, but as soon as I see a piece without any whip cream on it watch out! I can be very sneaky when it comes to sweet treats :tiptoe: ...and wine

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Now I'm really hungry!!! :headache: popcorn::

Well, I guess since I'm not at Disney and can't just order something quick and yummy, I'd better make some dinner.

I'll check back later and I hope we get some new ladies to join us! We had lots of voters on the polls, so I hope they make their way over here and introduce themselves. :)

Jenn1116
05-19-2008, 06:39 PM
And for our new members, let me know if you want your real names up there and I can add those as well. :thumbsup2

My real name is Jenn :lmao:

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 08:26 PM
If you get it with the whip cream then you can have it, but as soon as I see a piece without any whip cream on it watch out! I can be very sneaky when it comes to sweet treats :tiptoe: ...and wineWine, huh? Then you should have been on the first trip! They has wine and lots of it.....:rolleyes1

My real name is Jenn :lmao:
Alrighty then. :rotfl:

Zoemakes5
05-19-2008, 08:46 PM
I'll be a lurker/stalker, but everyone picked the ONE stretch of time that I absolutely can't make it. :( Zoe's b-day is March 9! I'm sure you'll all have a great time, though!

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 08:51 PM
I'll be a lurker/stalker, but everyone picked the ONE stretch of time that I absolutely can't make it. :( Zoe's b-day is March 9! I'm sure you'll all have a great time, though!

No way!! Oh man. Well, can you come for part of the time? :confused3

Stacerita
05-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Sorry you won't be able to make it Michelle. It won't be the same without you. Who is gonna help me find nice pants?

Zoemakes5
05-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Sorry you won't be able to make it Michelle. It won't be the same without you. Who is gonna help me find nice pants?

Well, ya just gotta try! 'Cause it's all good!:rotfl:

wendylady36
05-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Wine, huh? Then you should have been on the first trip! They has wine and lots of it.....:rolleyes1

I guess everyone will just have to do it again this trip, shall we say everyone bring their favorite bottle? :rotfl2:

disney-inspired
05-19-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm so glad I'm in it from the beginning this time. It took me forever to read the 3000 posts on the last trip thread:lmao:

:woohoo:

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 09:28 PM
I guess everyone will just have to do it again this trip, shall we say everyone bring their favorite bottle? :rotfl2:Sure! Well, I don't drink so mine will be a bottle of Diet Pepsi, but I'll share if anyone wants some. :rotfl:

Sorry you won't be able to make it Michelle. It won't be the same without you. Who is gonna help me find nice pants?It won't be. :(

I'm so glad I'm in it from the beginning this time. It took me forever to read the 3000 posts on the last trip thread:lmao:

:woohoo::rotfl2:

Silly Little Pixie
05-19-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm in! I'll have to get there Friday though (probably 3ish) after work. I'm a teacher and the 6th is the day I go "off track" for 3 weeks! Hard to take a day off when I'm getting ready to be on vacation for 3 weeks anyway!

Woohooo! It'll be fun! I had a "mini" girls trip this last March, when a friend came out here to go to DL and Club 33 with me. :cool1: My kids were there during the day for one day- then DH took them home after Club 33. It was nice to do DL without them. Is it terrible to say that? My kids are terrific, and love DL as much as I do. We go a lot, and have a 2 day trip planned as soon as school gets out in June. But sometimes, it's fun NOT to have to go on something a bazillion times because your DS or DD wants to. :rolleyes1

Or eat where I want to! And not have to share my dessert!

Can you tell I'm excited?! I haven't told DH yet. I'll wait till after this June trip is through.

Christine :teacher:

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi Christine!! I'll add you to the list. :thumbsup2

I totally understand what you are saying. I LOVE going to Disneyland with my family, but I also love going without them. Both are fun times, just in different ways.
Sometimes it's nice to go on the ride you want to go on, or to eat a meal without having to clean up something or cut someone's meat! :rotfl:

daisy_77
05-19-2008, 10:12 PM
I hate cutting other people's meat. LOL

This thread already has 5 pages!:eek:

mommaU4
05-19-2008, 10:15 PM
I hate cutting other people's meat. LOL

This thread already has 5 pages!:eek:
But aren't you going to cut mine?? :confused3

Yep, 5 pages. Keep up! :rotfl:

disney-inspired
05-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh and Beth, no backing out of this one!
We're watching you!:cool2:

Stacerita
05-19-2008, 10:25 PM
I guess everyone will just have to do it again this trip, shall we say everyone bring their favorite bottle? :rotfl2:

Im in on this too!!;)

Artoo
05-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Oh my gosh, it looks like you ladies had a BLAST!!! :thumbsup2

mommaU4
05-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Oh my gosh, it looks like you ladies had a BLAST!!! :thumbsup2

It was a great time!! :dance3: Come join us!! ;)

Jenn1116
05-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Oooo I'll bring a bottle!!!!

I also told my co-worker about the trip. She's the one who introduced me to the DIS!

Jenn1116
05-20-2008, 01:22 PM
OMG I'm on the list! Now nothing can stop me from going! :lmao:

wendylady36
05-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Im in on this too!!;)

Oooo I'll bring a bottle!!!!

I'll drink to that! :drinking1

grizbuzz
05-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Add me to the list! :yay:

Belle1997
05-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Belle1997 checking in yup I am going to just pray there is not any wicked snow storms at that time. Will probably get there a few days ahead anyways since son is travelling with me. Can not bring him and ditch him the whole time :goodvibes

And with a new scooter should be much better Ladies :thumbsup2

bumbershoot
05-20-2008, 02:40 PM

Wasn't there an out of work admin asking a question about her xmastime trip a couple months ago? Seemed she had a ton of experience, maybe someone will remember her user name for ya. :)

Count me and my mom in! It is not cast in stone but I am pretty sure we are going to go. It is going to be tough coming off of our big WDW trip in Nov and barely a month later going back for our family trip in April BUT we really want to go. We also won't be able to make the ENTIRE trip but we really want to do this.
Hopefully we don't have to pay anything up front cuz I am having to come up with a BUNDLE for WDW right now and then I will be having to pay for our April trip at the same time!

The good part would be that you could get an AP for this trip and use it in April, making your April trip's tickets nearly free!

AP math. :goodvibes

OK so I'm joining in on this thread b/c I want to go! Since I know DS does fine with the hubster I won't worry about that. And I'm sure the timing works (I could buy hubby a present for his b'day a couple weeks later). So it's just down to money, and 9 months is a nice amount of time to plan for that!

kelmac284
05-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Beth for the list my real name is Kelly and my mom's name is Rosemarie. Just FYI ;)

MamaKate
05-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Hello ladies :wave:.

Well I won't be going on this trip, but I'm going to keep posting since I'll probably join in for one of the dinners or something one night :thumbsup2 .

But I will miss not doing the whole trip since I had a great time on the last trip :sad1: .

Jenn1116
05-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Molly, I'm so glad you're coming!! You've answered so many of my questions and given me so much info since I started posting, it'll be great to meet you in person! :yay:

toocherie
05-20-2008, 02:59 PM
OK so I'm joining in on this thread b/c I want to go! Since I know DS does fine with the hubster I won't worry about that. And I'm sure the timing works (I could buy hubby a present for his b'day a couple weeks later). So it's just down to money, and 9 months is a nice amount of time to plan for that!

Yayyyy! And Molly--I'm going to be at DL this Saturday and Sunday (and maybe Monday morning--so I'll be looking for you! (Are you going to the DVC event? If so, what night?)

kelmac284
05-20-2008, 02:59 PM

Hey Wendy nice to meet you! We are neighbors. I live in Orangevale! :wave2: I too am a Disneyaholic. Have been for almost 41 years on June 3rd (my b-day LOL). Let's see I own every classic Disney dvd, we shop ONLY at the Disney store and I go there at least once a month! I buy stuff from Disney online all the time. We go to EVERY Disney on Ice that comes to Arco Arena, we are AP's to DL, hmmm what else... well you get the picture!

Glad you are going on the trip. Will be nice to meet a full addict! ;)

Hope to see you on the boards again and look forward to meeting you on the trip! :)

wendylady36
05-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Hey Wendy nice to meet you! We are neighbors. I live in Orangevale! :wave2: I too am a Disneyaholic. Have been for almost 41 years on June 3rd (my b-day LOL). Let's see I own every classic Disney dvd, we shop ONLY at the Disney store and I go there at least once a month! I buy stuff from Disney online all the time. We go to EVERY Disney on Ice that comes to Arco Arena, we are AP's to DL, hmmm what else... well you get the picture!

Glad you are going on the trip. Will be nice to meet a full addict! ;)

Hope to see you on the boards again and look forward to meeting you on the trip! :)

Hello neighbor! It's nice to know someone that loves Disney as much as I do! I grew up Disney and was even conceived at the DLH :rotfl: and my name came from a hand stamp :lmao: I still get my hand stamped even though I have an AP just to see what my future child's name will be :laughing: Can you tell my addiction came from my parents?

I look forward to meeting you on the trip too!

bumbershoot
05-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Yayyyy! And Molly--I'm going to be at DL this Saturday and Sunday (and maybe Monday morning--so I'll be looking for you! (Are you going to the DVC event? If so, what night?)

Oh I forgot about the DVC thing. What day is it, and is it open to not-yet-members?

Hello neighbor! It's nice to know someone that loves Disney as much as I do! I grew up Disney and was even conceived at the DLH :rotfl: and my name came from a hand stamp :lmao: I still get my hand stamped even though I have an AP just to see what my future child's name will be :laughing: Can you tell my addiction came from my parents?

That is too funny. I know where I was conceived too and it always grossed me out, but I can't help but think about telling DS. :rotfl: But if I do tell him, he might never want to stay there again, and they have great disc golf (and beer)!

mommaU4
05-20-2008, 04:15 PM
I also told my co-worker about the trip. She's the one who introduced me to the DIS!Oh great! The more the merrier!! What's her DIS name? Tell her to stop by and say hello.

OMG I'm on the list! Now nothing can stop me from going! :lmao:That's right! Just tell your DH, "I've got to go hon, I'm on the list!" ;)

Add me to the list! :yay:Will do! :thumbsup2

Belle1997 checking in yup I am going to just pray there is not any wicked snow storms at that time. Will probably get there a few days ahead anyways since son is travelling with me. Can not bring him and ditch him the whole time :goodvibes

And with a new scooter should be much better Ladies :thumbsup2Hi there! I'll add you too. That's nice your DS will be coming in with you. The two of you will get to have some fun together before the ladies invade. :rotfl:

Beth for the list my real name is Kelly and my mom's name is Rosemarie. Just FYI ;)Thanks Kelly!

Hello ladies :wave:.

Well I won't be going on this trip, but I'm going to keep posting since I'll probably join in for one of the dinners or something one night :thumbsup2 .

But I will miss not doing the whole trip since I had a great time on the last trip :sad1: .I'm going to miss you being there the whole time. :guilty: But I plan to hold you to your promise to be there for at least one of the dinners, preferably more! ;)

kelmac284
05-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Ok well I talked to mom and now we are going to try and convince my dad to take the kids to school on Friday so we can fly in Thursday night! :). That would be better so we don't miss half of Friday! And bumbershoot I like your idea about the AP. I was going to buy a new one in April anyway but you are so right. Might as well buy it in March! ;)

So if I can convince the dh and my dad then hopefully we can come in Thurs eve so we can be there all day Friday!! :)

mommaU4
05-20-2008, 04:21 PM

Hi Molly! I'll add you to the list. :thumbsup2

mommaU4
05-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Ok well I talked to mom and now we are going to try and convince my dad to take the kids to school on Friday so we can fly in Thursday night! :). That would be better so we don't miss half of Friday! And bumbershoot I like your idea about the AP. I was going to buy a new one in April anyway but you are so right. Might as well buy it in March! ;)

So if I can convince the dh and my dad then hopefully we can come in Thurs eve so we can be there all day Friday!! :)

That's great news!! I hope it works out. I hate to fly, so I always say if I'm getting my butt on a plane, it better be worthwhile. Meaning a nice long vacation!! ;)

wendylady36
05-20-2008, 04:53 PM
That is too funny. I know where I was conceived too and it always grossed me out, but I can't help but think about telling DS. :rotfl: But if I do tell him, he might never want to stay there again, and they have great disc golf (and beer)!

I'm still grossed out :rotfl: I can never look at the DLH without thinking about my parents "special" afternoon :scared:

Must think about something else now! Yay for Disneyland! :banana:

wdwr
05-20-2008, 05:39 PM
ROFL! Ten to a room.

Silly Beth, I can afford to go. I just can't get the time off. New job and only 10 business days of vacation which I am using for a cruise and Birthday/Xmas decorations/Mousefest in 2009. If I win the lottery, I can quit and travel as much as I want. Get it?

I really did like the HoJo for price and distance but I tell ya, on Sunday night I REALLY wanted to be in one of the hotels right across the lights. That last walk I was just dragging myself to the HoJo. The bus drop off area never looked so long.

Stacerita
05-20-2008, 08:09 PM
ROFL! Ten to a room.

Silly Beth, I can afford to go. I just can't get the time off. New job and only 10 business days of vacation which I am using for a cruise and Birthday/Xmas decorations/Mousefest in 2009. If I win the lottery, I can quit and travel as much as I want. Get it?

I really did like the HoJo for price and distance but I tell ya, on Sunday night I REALLY wanted to be in one of the hotels right across the lights. That last walk I was just dragging myself to the HoJo. The bus drop off area never looked so long.

I totally hear you with the distance. In the morning it was so close and I practilly hopped on over to the front gates. But in the evening coming back to the room.....ugh! It seemed to be further. Kinda like the stretching room, but sideways with a sidewalk you know?

mommaU4
05-20-2008, 08:31 PM
ROFL! Ten to a room.

Oh well now you are just being difficult. :sad2:

;)

I totally hear you with the distance. In the morning it was so close and I practilly hopped on over to the front gates. But in the evening coming back to the room.....ugh! It seemed to be further. Kinda like the stretching room, but sideways with a sidewalk you know?
I've never stayed at the HoJo. Is the walk really that bad? Or were you all just tired?
Shoot, I know when I'm tired after a day at Disney, I can barely stand the thought of the walk from the tram up to our car. :faint:

Stacerita
05-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh well now you are just being difficult. :sad2:

;)

I've never stayed at the HoJo. Is the walk really that bad? Or were you all just tired?
Shoot, I know when I'm tired after a day at Disney, I can barely stand the thought of the walk from the tram up to our car. :faint:

Nah, the walk isn't that bad. Just after being commando in the park all day (which I was not planning) it seemed like a long walk back. The best part of the night was re capping with the roomies.

daisy_77
05-20-2008, 08:40 PM
I like staying onsite or at a hotel right across the street.

Last trip, I stayed at Camelot Inn (loved it) and then moved over to the DLH (really loved it, but cannot afford to stay there again for a long time).

I have never been to HoJo's. I have heard a lot of nice things...but the walk sounds rough after a long day at the parks.

wdwr
05-20-2008, 08:57 PM
It was just that one day--Sunday. I was so sore after all the commando park fun the previous 2.5 days. It really is a short 10 min, tops, walk to the gates.

I would think the walk to DL or PP would be as far as the HoJo, maybe farther. The Grand California is probably shorter even with a room way on either end of the building. But that night, even Grand Cali would have felt far. I wanted to sleep in the middle between the two parks.

ETA: Of course I'm being difficult. It's my job!!! But I'll still see what I can do about snagging a day or two in March but I wouldn't hold your breath girls.

mommaU4
05-20-2008, 09:23 PM
It was just that one day--Sunday. I was so sore after all the commando park fun the previous 2.5 days. It really is a short 10 min, tops, walk to the gates.

I would think the walk to DL or PP would be as far as the HoJo, maybe farther. The Grand California is probably shorter even with a room way on either end of the building. But that night, even Grand Cali would have felt far. I wanted to sleep in the middle between the two parks.

ETA: Of course I'm being difficult. It's my job!!! But I'll still see what I can do about snagging a day or two in March but I wouldn't hold your breath girls.
:hyper: :yay: :banana:

Oh, and there's a thought! We could just pitch tents in the middle between DL and DCA. No walking needed. We'll keep coolers with cold drinks and bring a grill for BBQing. :thumbsup2

bumbershoot
05-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm still grossed out :rotfl: I can never look at the DLH without thinking about my parents "special" afternoon :scared:

I have a whole city I have a hard time being in, b/c I can't remember what house BOTH my mom and dad insisted on pointing out. And they had been divorced since I was 4 (living apart since I was 2) so the idea of them "together" was even MORE icky!!! Can't go to Pacific Grove, CA without thinking about it...

I would think the walk to DL or PP would be as far as the HoJo, maybe farther.

If you go the wrong way (through DTD) PP is definitely farther away. IMO. We did 4 nights at PP, going the long way, then 2 nights at HoJo, and even though I was more exhausted by that 5th evening, the walk was shorter.

oscarkitty1
05-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Add me to the list, I will be there this time!!!! :woohoo:

I still can't believe I didn't run into anyone this trip, I guess we were all so busy trying to stay cool!! And I was trying to keep up with my nieces!!

Looking forward to hanging with the DIS ladies!!! :yay:

Vicki

mommaU4
05-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi Vicki! I've got you down. Glad you can join us this time. :thumbsup2

mommy2kande
05-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Me, me, me! My name is Natasha and I ADORE Disneyland! Our baby boy will be about 8 months old by then, so he should be ok without mommy for a few days, and my older 2 have done a few days w/o me before, so they'll be ok.

I am really excited. I haven't done Disneyland as an adult without kiddos!

toocherie
05-21-2008, 10:06 AM
How fun that so many "new" ladies are joining in! Welcome everyone!

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Me, me, me! My name is Natasha and I ADORE Disneyland! Our baby boy will be about 8 months old by then, so he should be ok without mommy for a few days, and my older 2 have done a few days w/o me before, so they'll be ok.

I am really excited. I haven't done Disneyland as an adult without kiddos!
Hi Natasha! Glad you'll be able to join us! I see you are due in 4 weeks. Wow, how exciting!! Congratulations to you. I hope you'll share pics with us of your new little one. ;)
I'll add you to the list. :thumbsup2

How fun that so many "new" ladies are joining in! Welcome everyone!I know, it's great!! I can't wait to see the ladies from the first trip again, and meet some fun new ones. :dance3:

MamaKate
05-21-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm going to miss you being there the whole time. :guilty: But I plan to hold you to your promise to be there for at least one of the dinners, preferably more! ;)

I'll be missing everyone the whole time too :flower3: . I'm sure my life will be a little hetic at that time so I'm definately going to do a dinner or two with the ladies :thumbsup2 .

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 10:58 AM
I'll be missing everyone the whole time too :flower3: . I'm sure my life will be a little hetic at that time so I'm definately going to do a dinner or two with the ladies :thumbsup2 .

Well, I guess we'll take whatever time with you we can get. :hug:

BTW, I love your new ticker! ;)

bumbershoot
05-21-2008, 11:32 AM
MamaKate! I just noticed your signature! Wow, congratulations!

Catlover1208
05-21-2008, 12:45 PM
This trip sound's like a great time:banana: :banana:

I was there last September, I went solo. I could not find anyone to go with me so I went by myself and had alot of fun it would have been nice to have someone else to talk to but I live alone with my four legged fur baby so I am kind of use to it. I staye at the Praidase Pier and loved it.

:rolleyes1 I am thinking about joining you gals. I can start putting money away now.

Dose everyone stay at the same hotel or is there a lot of you staying at different place's:confused:

wendylady36
05-21-2008, 01:04 PM
So, MamaKate, where was your baby conceived? :lmao: Congratulations to you!

I'm happy to see some more new people, I'd feel so weird if I was the only new person!

Oh man, I'm getting a pedicure right now and just looked to see the color I chose makes me look like a $5 hooker. Better go and fix this....

toocherie
05-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Oh man, I'm getting a pedicure right now and just looked to see the color I chose makes me look like a $5 hooker. Better go and fix this....

No problem--you sound like you will fit right in! (LOL)

And we pretty much all stayed at Hojo's last time--there were a couple of late additions who stayed elsewhere and met up for meals, tour, etc.

wendylady36
05-21-2008, 02:43 PM
No problem--you sound like you will fit right in! (LOL)

Hi, I'm Wendy and I'm just your average, wine drinking, $5 hooker. Nice to meet you.
...I think that will be my new pick-up line, I'm sure I'll get some real winners with that one!

DangerMouse
05-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi, I'm Wendy and I'm just your average, wine drinking, $5 hooker. Nice to meet you.
...I think that will be my new pick-up line, I'm sure I'll get some real winners with that one!

Ooooh TAG FAIRY!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

wendylady36
05-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Ooooh TAG FAIRY!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:rotfl: Yep, that's what I want to be know as!!!! I think I'll make a name tag for the girls trip that says that so everyone will know who I am.

toocherie
05-21-2008, 03:48 PM
:rotfl: Yep, that's what I want to be know as!!!! I think I'll make a name tag for the girls trip that says that so everyone will know who I am.

Hmmm--did you know there's a pair of stripper shoes that gets passed around among the gals on this thread? (the old thread had numerous mentions of it.) seems to be just the ticket when you're trying to get DH to agree to something--of course, not having a DH I haven't had occasion to use them! Maybe Beth can come in and show them to us--I think she had a logo at one point.

Yep- being a wine drinker you'll fit in quite nicely (not to give the impression that we're a bunch of lushes, mind you--in fact I MISSED the wine party!!!)

wendylady36
05-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Hmmm--did you know there's a pair of stripper shoes that gets passed around among the gals on this thread? (the old thread had numerous mentions of it.) seems to be just the ticket when you're trying to get DH to agree to something--of course, not having a DH I haven't had occasion to use them! Maybe Beth can come in and show them to us--I think she had a logo at one point.

Yep- being a wine drinker you'll fit in quite nicely (not to give the impression that we're a bunch of lushes, mind you--in fact I MISSED the wine party!!!)

Get enough wine in me and I wont need the shoes! Then again I don't have a DH either, so my super drunk powers are only to persuade single men into doing my bidding.

I wonder what would happen if I drank enough wine and wore the shoes? I could only conclude that I would be unstoppable! *there's a scary thought for you* :lmao:

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 04:27 PM
This trip sound's like a great time:banana: :banana:

I was there last September, I went solo. I could not find anyone to go with me so I went by myself and had alot of fun it would have been nice to have someone else to talk to but I live alone with my four legged fur baby so I am kind of use to it. I staye at the Praidase Pier and loved it.

:rolleyes1 I am thinking about joining you gals. I can start putting money away now.

Dose everyone stay at the same hotel or is there a lot of you staying at different place's:confused:Hi there! We'd love to have you join us. Last time just about everyone was at the HoJo, but we had a few who were local and didn't stay at a hotel, and some were at other locations.

I personally think it's more fun if everyone can stay at the same place though so I'm hoping for that to happen this time.
We have several ladies who are new this time around so you won't be the only one, and everyone is so nice and friendly.

Ummm, no. A $5 hooker simply will not do. How the heck are you going to buy us all drinks with 5 bucks?? You need a color that will rake in at least $300.

At least. ;)

wdwr
05-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Hear ye, hear ye. Let it be known throughout the lands....

I've been doing some vacation date crunching. I might, and I really do mean might this time, be able to move 2 vacation days into March and do this trip. I'm talking like 40% chance at the moment. It all depends on the flights I can find to and from DL. So Beth, don't you go putting me on the list on the first post...cuz I'll deny it and have a Mod keep editing your post. :p

Or if the WDW trip girls all protest and demand me over there in Oct 2009. Ya'll can fight it out amongst yourselves. lol

I'd prefer this DL trip so that my time off work was spreadout a little more through the year. But we know I don't get any say in the matter.

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 04:33 PM
IMPORTANT!!!!

I just got en email from Lorealle!! :banana:

She said she is working with Willie and her General Manager to get us some details on the rates for our trip. And this time she is going to set aside a block of rooms for us. :thumbsup2

But she wants to know if we are okay with Building 2, Deluxe Rooms? Or will we need the Premium Disney View Rooms in Building 1 again?

I've never been to the HoJo, so I need some of you other ladies to step up and offer opinions on this one. :confused3

Personally, I don't care. I don't plan to be in my room very much and I'll take whatever is cheapest. But what do ya'll think?

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Hear ye, hear ye. Let it be known throughout the lands....

I've been doing some vacation date crunching. I might, and I really do mean might this time, be able to move 2 vacation days into March and do this trip. I'm talking like 40% chance at the moment. It all depends on the flights I can find to and from DL. So Beth, don't you go putting me on the list on the first post...cuz I'll deny it and have a Mod keep editing your post. :p

Or if the WDW trip girls all protest and demand me over there in Oct 2009. Ya'll can fight it out amongst yourselves. lol

I'd prefer this DL trip so that my time off work was spreadout a little more through the year. But we know I don't get any say in the matter.

What's that you say?? You're coming for sure??? Yes, I'm sure that's what I read!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

;) (hey, 40%? I'll take it!)

DangerMouse
05-21-2008, 04:44 PM
IMPORTANT!!!!

She said she is working with Willie and her General Manager to get us some details on the rates for our trip. And this time she is going to set aside a block of rooms for us. :thumbsup2

But she wants to know if we are okay with Building 2, Deluxe Rooms? Or will we need the Premium Disney View Rooms in Building 1 again?

I've never been to the HoJo, so I need some of you other ladies to step up and offer opinions on this one. :confused3

Personally, I don't care. I don't plan to be in my room very much and I'll take whatever is cheapest. But what do ya'll think?

Beth, I've stayed at the HoJo a lot, and I actually prefer the rooms in Bldg. 2. I don't need a micro and I don't need a Disney view (I'll head on over to DLR for that, thankyouverymuch!) I say CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP is the way to go (and hey, if we're doing 10 in a room, it'll work out to $6 a pop -- Wendy can earn that quick for us.) ;) :rotfl:

wendylady36
05-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Ummm, no. A $5 hooker simply will not do. How the heck are you going to buy us all drinks with 5 bucks?? You need a color that will rake in at least $300.

At least. ;)

Then I know the perfect color!!! I might need to borrow the shoes though :rotfl:

And as for the hotel, I'm easy. I've never stayed there so I don't mind. Just remember that you already called the balcony! :lmao:

toocherie
05-21-2008, 04:48 PM
IMPORTANT!!!!

I was never in the room for Fireworks which I would think would be the main advantage of Building 1. Does Building 2 have less amenities (i.e., fridges, microwaves??) I never used the store downstairs, and it's not that far anyway if you needed something, so wouldn't care about that--I do know Building 1 is slightly closer to the DL entrance--the only other thing I would be worried about is highway noise--which I have heard can be an issue in some of the buildings. Oh and does Building 2 have an elevator?

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Beth, I've stayed at the HoJo a lot, and I actually prefer the rooms in Bldg. 2. I don't need a micro and I don't need a Disney view (I'll head on over to DLR for that, thankyouverymuch!) I say CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP is the way to go (and hey, if we're doing 10 in a room, it'll work out to $6 a pop -- Wendy can earn that quick for us.) ;) :rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao:

I told her personally I'd rather go with whatever's cheaper (if in fact there is a price difference) and that it didn't matter to me. I'm just not planning to be in the room that much, kwim?

But I told her I'd ask and see what some of you thought.

wendylady36
05-21-2008, 04:49 PM

At that rate I'll never get to enjoy the parks, I'll be in bed all day :rotfl:

DangerMouse
05-21-2008, 04:50 PM
I was never in the room for Fireworks which I would think would be the main advantage of Building 1. Does Building 2 have less amenities (i.e., fridges, microwaves??) I never used the store downstairs, and it's not that far anyway if you needed something, so wouldn't care about that--I do know Building 1 is slightly closer to the DL entrance--the only other thing I would be worried about is highway noise--which I have heard can be an issue in some of the buildings. Oh and does Building 2 have an elevator?

Cheryl, bldg. 2 is 4 stories and does have an elevator. The only amenity you'll be missing is the micro, and some of the rooms do not have a vanity/sink combo outside the bathroom. Otherwise, I think it's a quieter bldg. overall -- especially if Lorealle puts at the "right end". She knows what I mean. ;)

toocherie
05-21-2008, 04:51 PM
:lmao: :lmao:

I told her personally I'd rather go with whatever's cheaper (if in fact there is a price difference) and that it didn't matter to me. I'm just not planning to be in the room that much, kwim?

But I told her I'd ask and see what some of you thought.

As a follow-up, I agree with Callie--I never used the micro either (but would like a fridge to keep water cold and freeze it for the next day). And was never there to enjoy the fireworks view. Less expensive is the way to go.

Does Hojo have suites? Just thought maybe one or two of us might get that to have the wine party in . . . . or maybe Lorealle can arrange the conference room like she was going to do the last time.

DangerMouse
05-21-2008, 04:53 PM
As a follow-up, I agree with Callie--I never used the micro either (but would like a fridge to keep water cold and freeze it for the next day). And was never there to enjoy the fireworks view. Less expensive is the way to go.

Does Hojo have suites? Just thought maybe one or two of us might get that to have the wine party in . . . . or maybe Lorealle can arrange the conference room like she was going to do the last time.

We won't want to bother with the suites, they are too spendy. However, the conference room IS on the ground floor of Bldg. 2 with a patio overlooking the pool area, so that would be really convenient for our wine party. :thumbsup2

Dagny
05-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Pencil me in for now. I send my oldest off to college in January (she is graduating a semester early) and I am not sure when her Spring Break will be (yet), but would love to join you again.

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 04:56 PM
I have a feeling no one is really going to have a preference. But just to be fair, I'll wait a little while before responding to Lorealle so everyone who wants to can have a chance to voice their opinions.

And I'll make sure to mention to her we are interested in that conference room Callie. :thumbsup2

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi Dagny! I'll put you down for now. :thumbsup2

Stacerita
05-21-2008, 05:05 PM
I have no preference to what rooms we have. The only time I actually checked the DL view was in the morning after my shower since I didn't want to wake up my roomies. But like most everyone is saying, cheap is the way to go. So it basically doesn't matter to me.

Congrats to you MamaKate!

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 05:33 PM
For the new ladies needing the shoes, here ya go!

There is the old stand-by of DIS lime green:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/sig%20stuff/Headline71820NeonGreen.jpg

If you're planning to use these after dark, you might want something flashing to help you be seen. Safety first you know.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/sig%20stuff/Twinklite-601Clr_s.gif

And for a touch of elegance, there's basic black:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/sig%20stuff/treasure-709.jpg

Or if you're a more natural kind of gal, these are for you:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/sig%20stuff/0494.jpg

Good luck!! :thumbsup2

Stacerita
05-21-2008, 05:36 PM
For the new ladies needing the shoes, here ya go!

There is the old stand-by of DIS lime green:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/sig%20stuff/Headline71820NeonGreen.jpg

If you're planning to use these after dark, you might want something flashing to help you be seen. Safety first you know.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/sig%20stuff/Twinklite-601Clr_s.gif

And for a touch of elegance, there's basic black:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/sig%20stuff/treasure-709.jpg

Or if you're a more natural kind of gal, these are for you:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/sig%20stuff/0494.jpg

Good luck!! :thumbsup2

Wow, now I know what to ask my family to get me for my birthday!
Not the clear ones though....sweaty steamy toes are not hot!

toocherie
05-21-2008, 05:36 PM
LOL--I doubt I could take one step in those shoes--good things you gals aren't depending on me to rake in the big bucks!

Jenn1116
05-21-2008, 05:43 PM
I think Bld 2 is just fine. I plan on being at the Hub for fireworks and see no othe need for a DL view. And I don't believe in left-overs on vacation so no need for the microwave... maybe that's why I'm pooh sized! :lmao:

And I'm all in for cheap cheap cheap!!!

wendylady36
05-21-2008, 05:45 PM
So it looks like I will need to get the "High Class Hooker Red" for my toes. I will need a new pair of shoes each night so I should probably go ahead and get every pair. Hmmm...maybe I'll be able to pay off the whole trip in one night! :rotfl:

wdwr
05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't think we used the microwave either. We did use the fridge and the coffee maker.

The sink outside the bathroom was a great extra so we could both get ready at the same time if we had too.

I love how Dagny found the thread and posted already. lol I just let the girls know I was thinking of this in the last couple of hours on another board. That girl is FAST, I mean quick.

I'm going to check that first post now Beth. I better not find my name on there. rofl

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
So it looks like I will need to get the "High Class Hooker Red" for my toes. I will need a new pair of shoes each night so I should probably go ahead and get every pair. Hmmm...maybe I'll be able to pay off the whole trip in one night! :rotfl:
Well, it's good to have a goal. :thumbsup2

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 07:13 PM
I don't think we used the microwave either. We did use the fridge and the coffee maker.

The sink outside the bathroom was a great extra so we could both get ready at the same time if we had too.

I love how Dagny found the thread and posted already. lol I just let the girls know I was thinking of this in the last couple of hours on another board. That girl is FAST, I mean quick.

I'm going to check that first post now Beth. I better not find my name on there. rofl
No I didn't put it there. I was good, as usual. :angel:

I might have to tell Dagny you called her fast though.....:rolleyes1

wdwr
05-21-2008, 07:16 PM
No I didn't put it there. I was good, as usual. :angel:

I might have to tell Dagny you called her fast though.....:rolleyes1

I've called her worse. She loves the abuse, I mean attention.:thumbsup2

Califgirl
05-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm pretty sure this trip is a go for me. :) But, Lorelei, if you're out there somewhere, I really do want a suite.

Shelley, you're such a tease! Of course you're coming!:goodvibes

tinkermell
05-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Put me on the list please!! I voted, so I thought that was my yes. Sorry about that. :rolleyes1

Now to work on DH again. :laughing:

wdwr
05-21-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm pretty sure this trip is a go for me. :) But, Lorelei, if you're out there somewhere, I really do want a suite.

Shelley, you're such a tease! Of course you're coming!:goodvibes

Lorealle!!!!!

So it would be one suite for the wine/party girls (Dags, Chris and whoever else they drag with them...me, Lauren etc). Then normal rooms for everyone else. rofl The connecting room was a great surprise on the last trip.

*I might want to check the specs on that suite before I agree to going around January when I book all my vacation days in 1 fell swoop. I need my own bed and the tub or balcony just won't do.:rotfl:

disney-super-mom
05-21-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm in the worst, depressed mood lately, and haven't been very social on the boards, but I wanted to say a quick hello to everyone.

HELLO EVERYONE!:wave2:

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 08:54 PM
I've called her worse.I believe it! :lmao:

Shelley, you're such a tease! Of course you're coming!:goodvibesGreat, I'll add you to "the list". ;)

Put me on the list please!! I voted, so I thought that was my yes. Sorry about that. :rolleyes1

Now to work on DH again. :laughing:Don't be sorry. I figured everyone would show up here at some point so I was too lazy to go double check who voted. :rotfl2:

I need my own bed and the tub or balcony just won't do.:rotfl: Oh so now you're too good for the balcony huh? :snooty:

:rolleyes1

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm in the worst, depressed mood lately, and haven't been very social on the boards, but I wanted to say a quick hello to everyone.

HELLO EVERYONE!:wave2:I've been wondering where you've been! We miss you around here. I hope everything is ok. Let us know if there's anything we can do, or if you just want to vent. :hug:

grumpyvet
05-21-2008, 10:02 PM
So, is that Cheap Hooker Red, or High Class Call Girl Red?

Hey, I am not committing to going since I will just be back from Ohio the end of February. But,thinking about it.

As for HOJO....don't care..for me, cheaper the better. I will say the sink outside the bathroom was a help....but we were 4 or 3 to a room!!!!

Of course, since I may/probably won't make it...my vote doesn't hold much water!!

Hey, I think I will go to DL on Friday. Anyone else? I work on Saturday, so won't be spendingthe night...but open to after dinner....

AMy

staley7580
05-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Okay.. dh and I are canceling our trip in April, so I am all in for this trip. Im really bummed about the April thing... But OH WELL. Maybe we will do it when the kids are older.

lulubelle
05-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Whatever the group decides is fine with me. Personally, I think whatever deal Lorealle can swing for us, we will be grateful. I love the wine party idea (in all honesty I probably drink too much wine:upsidedow ). All I know is I am for sure going and staying with the group!

Capri - what's up girl? I miss all your posts around here. Is everything ok?

Now, if I could just get DH to stop yelling at the TV for the Lakers to pull this game off! :sad2:

Stacerita
05-21-2008, 10:15 PM

Hey, I am not committing to going since I will just be back from Ohio the end of February. But,thinking about it.

As for HOJO....don't care..for me, cheaper the better. I will say the sink outside the bathroom was a help....but we were 4 or 3 to a room!!!!

Of course, since I may/probably won't make it...my vote doesn't hold much water!!

Hey, I think I will go to DL on Friday. Anyone else? I work on Saturday, so won't be spendingthe night...but open to after dinner....

AMy

Don't be teasing, you know you want to go.

And I have to second that sink outside the bathroom. It made things easier I think.

And for heaven's sake, don't pretend that you don't know if its cheap hooker red and high class call girl red.....we've already determined that we want this cheap cheap cheap. Cheap is better remember.

staley7580
05-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Sheesh.. We didnt even have a sink outside the bathroom!!

grumpyvet
05-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Don't be teasing, you know you want to go.

And for heaven's sake, don't pretend that you don't know if its cheap hooker red and high class call girl red.....we've already determined that we want this cheap cheap cheap. Cheap is better remember.

Hey, hey hey there!! I didn't say I couldn't tell them apart...jsut not so certain what shade we were going for this time around. I mean, the 2008 was all about sporting those D cups (or in my case, the back fat....it's all good), thought maybe we might go a bit more upscale this time!!

Oh, who am I trying to kid? Which meal did I about swoon over? Jazz kitchen, or the corndog? CHeap!!!!!!!

Amy

Stacerita
05-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Sheesh.. We didnt even have a sink outside the bathroom!!

That's too bad. It worked out well to have the extra sink outside the bathroom.

21yankees
05-21-2008, 10:23 PM
IMPORTANT!!!!

I'll go with what ever is cheapest. But I will admit it was nice to watch the fireworks from the balcony.

steph

lulubelle
05-21-2008, 10:23 PM
You Girls! :laughing:

Stacerita
05-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey, hey hey there!! I didn't say I couldn't tell them apart...jsut not so certain what shade we were going for this time around. I mean, the 2008 was all about sporting those D cups (or in my case, the back fat....it's all good), thought maybe we might go a bit more upscale this time!!

Oh, who am I trying to kid? Which meal did I about swoon over? Jazz kitchen, or the corndog? CHeap!!!!!!!

Amy

Just remember who introduced you to those yummy nummy corndogs. When you're with me, its all first class....oh wait, I mean cheap class.

wendylady36
05-21-2008, 10:30 PM

Hmmm...I think I'll go for High Class Call Girl on the fingers and Cheap Hooker Red on the toes, that way I get the best of both worlds. :rotfl:

I love the wine party idea (in all honesty I probably drink too much wine:upsidedow )

What is this "too much wine" you speak off? I've never heard of such a thing. :scratchin

Califgirl
05-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Now, if I could just get DH to stop yelling at the TV for the Lakers to pull this game off! :sad2:

Yours and mine both. You'd think they would have figured out by now that the Lakers can't hear them through the TV!:rolleyes:

21yankees
05-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Okay so I thought I'd update you all with what I know so far. I had my needle biopsy today and 1 of the 3 lumps has disappeared so all I can say about that is :banana: :banana: :banana: . Now for a little more good news the other 2 lumps had fluid in them and they were able to get samples. I'll know what's going on on Thursday (next week that is). I'm a bit sore, one of the lumps is right near my ribs and the doctor poked the bone by accident when she was taking the sample. Other than that I'm doing alright.

steph

grumpyvet
05-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Just remember who introduced you to those yummy nummy corndogs. When you're with me, its all first class....oh wait, I mean cheap class.

Yes, I will ALWAYS remember the awesome wonderful, funny, woman who introduced me to them!!! (why am I kissing up so bad...maybe it's my beers after way stressful day at work full of sudden doggie deaths speaking!!)

Next time I eat a corndog...maybe Friday...I will have a moment of silence in remembrance!!!

Nice pants, Amy

21yankees
05-21-2008, 10:35 PM

I hope you'll be able to stop by for a meal or two but completely understand if you're not able to.
Just think you get to see Disney for the first time again through the baby's eyes. How fun!
Take care, talk to you soon.

steph

staley7580
05-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Okay so I thought I'd update you all with what I know so far. I had my needle biopsy today and 1 of the 3 lumps has disappeared so all I can say about that is :banana: :banana: :banana: . Now for a little more good news the other 2 lumps had fluid in them and they were able to get samples. I'll know what's going on on Thursday (next week that is). I'm a bit sore, one of the lumps is right near my ribs and the doctor poked the bone by accident when she was taking the sample. Other than that I'm doing alright.

steph

:hug: Thats great that one of them disappeared! Get some rest, and hopefully you will get some good news soon.

lulubelle
05-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah Steph! Great news:woohoo:
I am sure you feel a big load off...I just knew it would all be okay:hug: .

grumpyvet
05-21-2008, 10:39 PM

steph

Glad to know that you will have answers soon. And yow!! a slip to the ribs, sounds super painful!!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!! (highly scientific!! Of course, if I was wearing High Class Call Girl red on my fingernails, the effect would be more stunning!!!)

Amy

Stacerita
05-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes, I will ALWAYS remember the awesome wonderful, funny, woman who introduced me to them!!!

I so totally rock!

Stacerita
05-21-2008, 10:40 PM

steph

Thats good news so far Steph. Thanks for the update. You are still in my thoughts and prayers.

lulubelle
05-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Ok, Wendy is my new best friend;) .
And I love, love, love the corn dogs, too.:lovestruc
I guess we are all just peas in a pod!

grumpyvet
05-21-2008, 10:46 PM
I so totally rock!

True!!! Oh, and your hair is lovely..I forgot to mention that one!!

I was just looking at the shutterfly account and I had to laugh all over again about the irony of Goofy messing with YOUR hair.....or should I call it the sacred crown on glory!!! Funny!!

Amy

Stacerita
05-21-2008, 10:48 PM
You better plan on going Amy. With Michelle not there, who am I gonna take hiney pics with? Who's gonna help me find nice pants? Who is gonna tell me I rock? Oh wait, I tell myself that. But who is gonna remind me that its all good?

Stacerita
05-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Anyone else notice that the time is off on the boards? Maybe its just me.

BillyFan
05-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Well, I'd really like to go, but my AP expires in February, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.Business is starting to pick up, so going on the trip is a definite possibility.
And for what it's worth, I've only stayed in building 2 at the Hojos, and it was very nice. In fact, we had a great view of TOT from our room on the 3rd floor.

grumpyvet
05-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Anyone else notice that the time is off on the boards? Maybe its just me.

I'd love to say it is just you to screw with you....but, that wouldn't be friendly!!

Well, now I really want to go. Just need to think of the best way to plan since I would have just left the DH with the DD, 4 cats, 3 dogs and some fish tanks to care for for 5 days for my conference. Since I would have just been off a Saturday..couldn't likely take another one..so could only do Thursday and Friday......okay, so I am thinking about it. I am assuming you'dbe my roomie?
If I go to Dl on this Friday, I will keep my eyes open for Ryan and Tom....if they are spotted, you better believe I will be pulling out the 'ol camera!!!!!

Amy

Stacerita
05-21-2008, 10:58 PM
I'd love to say it is just you to screw with you....but, that wouldn't be friendly!!

Well, now I really want to go. Just need to think of the best way to plan since I would have just left the DH with the DD, 4 cats, 3 dogs and some fish tanks to care for for 5 days for my conference. Since I would have just been off a Saturday..couldn't likely take another one..so could only do Thursday and Friday......okay, so I am thinking about it. I am assuming you'dbe my roomie?
If I go to Dl on this Friday, I will keep my eyes open for Ryan and Tom....if they are spotted, you better believe I will be pulling out the 'ol camera!!!!!

Amy

Sure I'd be your roomie. Lets just make sure we get at least a dozen or so more people in our room (sorta like a clown car) and that way the cost will be kept down real low. I'm sure your DH and DD would be ok with you being gone for two more days, maybe more if you dont work that Saturday, but heck, we weren't there for the whole time last time either and still had a great time.

And I was at DL last Friday, and I am sad to say there was no Ryan sighting and no Tom sighting either.

wendylady36
05-21-2008, 10:59 PM

steph

That's great news :) I'll send some good vibes your way. :goodvibes

Ok, Wendy is my new best friend;) .
And I love, love, love the corn dogs, too.:lovestruc
I guess we are all just peas in a pod!

Hello my new best friend! I'll see you at the wine party :rotfl:

Mary Jo
05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi Beth & the rest of you ladies. :wave:

Glad to see we get to play again. Count me in!

(This thread is going to grow fast. I'll try & catch up by this weekend. :) )

Stacerita
05-21-2008, 11:23 PM

(This thread is going to grow fast. I'll try & catch up by this weekend. :) )

Wooohoooo!!!:woohoo: Mary Jo is is!

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Okay.. dh and I are canceling our trip in April, so I am all in for this trip. Im really bummed about the April thing... But OH WELL. Maybe we will do it when the kids are older.I'm sorry to hear about your trip. But I am really glad you will for sure be with us. :yay:

Whatever the group decides is fine with me. Personally, I think whatever deal Lorealle can swing for us, we will be grateful. I love the wine party idea (in all honesty I probably drink too much wine:upsidedow ). All I know is I am for sure going and staying with the group!
I think I am the only one who doesn't drink wine. Oh well, I guess that's a good thing since someone has to make sure you all make it back to your rooms! :rolleyes1

Hmmm...I think I'll go for High Class Call Girl on the fingers and Cheap Hooker Red on the toes, that way I get the best of both worlds. :rotfl:
:rotfl2: Well it's always good to have balance in your life!

stephThat's great news so far Steph! I've been thinking about you. Thanks for updating us. Let us know what they say next week. :hug:

(This thread is going to grow fast. I'll try & catch up by this weekend. :) )HI Mary Jo!! Yep, we get to play some more! :banana: Glad to see you'll be with us again. :thumbsup2

mommaU4
05-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Well, I'd really like to go, but my AP expires in February, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.Business is starting to pick up, so going on the trip is a definite possibility.
And for what it's worth, I've only stayed in building 2 at the Hojos, and it was very nice. In fact, we had a great view of TOT from our room on the 3rd floor.A view of ToT would be nice. I hope you can make it! I know you really wanted to. I'll just add you for now. You've got time to figure it out. ;)

grizbuzz
05-22-2008, 12:10 AM

steph

So glad to hear the good news! :yay:

Sending more wishes your way for all to be well! :wizard:

-Jen

staley7580
05-22-2008, 12:22 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your trip. But I am really glad you will for sure be with us. :yay:

I think I am the only one who doesn't drink wine. Oh well, I guess that's a good thing since someone has to make sure you all make it back to your rooms! :rolleyes1

Thanks. Im okay.. Really bummed, because it would have been great to spend some alone time with my hubby, and it is a trip we have wanted to do for a long time. BUT.. There will be a con in 09, im sure.. We can go then.

I HATE wine!! It is totally icky to me. But I do LOVE me a good margarita!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Thanks. Im okay.. Really bummed, because it would have been great to spend some alone time with my hubby, and it is a trip we have wanted to do for a long time. BUT.. There will be a con in 09, im sure.. We can go then.

I HATE wine!! It is totally icky to me. But I do LOVE me a good margarita!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:I hear ya on the alone time with hubby. Our 15 year anniversary is this June and we were going to plan a little trip just the two of us, but his parents won't be able to watch the kids at that time. :rolleyes:

I'm not much of a drinker at all, but I think I would like a margarita better then wine. How can we make some of those?? :yay:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/141.jpg

Oh man, now I also have a craving for some chips and salsa! :confused: :rotfl: (it just seemed like there should be some chips and salsa in that picture, you know? ;) )

disney-inspired
05-22-2008, 01:48 AM
Sure I'd be your roomie. Lets just make sure we get at least a dozen or so more people in our room (sorta like a clown car) and that way the cost will be kept down real low. I'm sure your DH and DD would be ok with you being gone for two more days, maybe more if you dont work that Saturday, but heck, we weren't there for the whole time last time either and still had a great time.

And I was at DL last Friday, and I am sad to say there was no Ryan sighting and no Tom sighting either.

I'd love to be your guys' roomie again if it's alright with you. I will never again judge a person by one photo on a forum because when you share a room they are totally different..... amy:lmao:

disney-inspired
05-22-2008, 01:52 AM

It will be you and me, Beth! We'll be the DWs, designated walkers! I'm still underage (I'll be 20 for our next meet) but I've tried wine & beer and I find both of them nasty. I think when I come of age I'll probably be into either the really sweet drinks or hard liquor lol:lmao:

daisy_77
05-22-2008, 06:25 AM
I don't drink, either. Diet Coke is about as close as I get.:drinking1

toocherie
05-22-2008, 08:02 AM

steph

:grouphug: glad for the good news so far and we'll keep our fingers crossed for next week!

toocherie
05-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Yes, I will ALWAYS remember the awesome wonderful, funny, woman who introduced me to them!!! (why am I kissing up so bad...maybe it's my beers after way stressful day at work full of sudden doggie deaths speaking!!)

Next time I eat a corndog...maybe Friday...I will have a moment of silence in remembrance!!!

Nice pants, Amy

Hey Amy--I'm going Sat-Sun-Mon so can't be there on Fri but have a great Time! don't eat ALL the corndogs!

Cheryl

toocherie
05-22-2008, 08:06 AM

Amy

Wait . . . . who's Tom? Are you gals holding out on us? We only heard about Ryan!

tinkermell
05-22-2008, 08:25 AM

stephYay!! :yay:

That is good news! I will be keeping you in my prayers for your next results.

Take care!:flower3:

Melody:grouphug:

wendylady36
05-22-2008, 08:49 AM
I HATE wine!! It is totally icky to me. But I do LOVE me a good margarita!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I don't discriminate! I love a good margarita too :upsidedow Preferably strawberry and frozen. I'm the designated margarita maker among my friends and family, because I make the best margarita ever...or maybe it's because they're too lazy to do it themselves :rolleyes:

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Wait . . . . who's Tom? Are you gals holding out on us? We only heard about Ryan!I think they are......:rolleyes1

I don't discriminate! I love a good margarita too :upsidedow Preferably strawberry and frozen. I'm the designated margarita maker among my friends and family, because I make the best margarita ever...or maybe it's because they're too lazy to do it themselves :rolleyes:
Ooooooh, then you can make some for us!! :yay:

Morning ladies!!

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Good Morning! :goodvibes

It's a pretty day here today. Finally a break in the heat!

My goal today: Find a Wii Fit! Wish me luck. . . I think it may be an impossible task.

Hey Callie, did you know you posted this on the "Mickey's Trick or Treat Party" thread? I wasn't sure if you meant to or not. :confused3 :rotfl:

Good luck finding your Wii Fit. That looks so cool. I saw it on Ellen the other day. Of course she gave the Wii Fit and the Wii consoles away to everyone in the audience. Not fair!! :rolleyes:

disney-super-mom
05-22-2008, 11:38 AM

steph

YAY!!!

I've been wondering and worried about you, and I'm so glad to hear the good news about one of the lumps going bye-bye. I'll be praying that you (and us) hear more good news next week.:hug:

MamaKate
05-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Good Morning ladies ;) .

HELLO EVERYONE!:wave2:

Hello Capri :wave:. I hope you feel better soon & can come back and be your usual (sarcastic) self :hug: .

:woohoo: :woohoo: Glad to hear one of the lumps went away. Here some pixie dust that your test results come back in your favor :wizard: :wizard: .

Just think you get to see Disney for the first time again through the baby's eyes. How fun!
Take care, talk to you soon.

This is exactly what I'm looking forward to. I miss when my kids were younger and how excited they got about Disney. They don't really appreciate Disney (or anything for that matter) anymore. So it'll be nice to experience the feelings of bringing a young child again :lovestruc .

Wait . . . . who's Tom? Are you gals holding out on us? We only heard about Ryan!

I think Tom is a Dream Squad CM who is an older gentleman that pulls his pants up very high.

DangerMouse
05-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Hey Callie, did you know you posted this on the "Mickey's Trick or Treat Party" thread? I wasn't sure if you meant to or not. :confused3 :rotfl:

Good luck finding your Wii Fit. That looks so cool. I saw it on Ellen the other day. Of course she gave the Wii Fit and the Wii consoles away to everyone in the audience. Not fair!! :rolleyes:

Good grief! That's what I get for posting while I'm still half-asleep. Next time I'll wait until AFTER my first cup of coffee. :surfweb:

Thanks for keepin an eye out for me, Beth. ;)

mommy2kande
05-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Yay margaritas! I have to say, that is one thing I have been craving this whole pregnancy...

You ladies are cracking me up! I will probably never be able to keep up with this thread, but it's fun to try!

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 12:02 PM
I think Tom is a Dream Squad CM who is an older gentleman that pulls his pants up very high.
Well if he's a Dream Squad CM I don't care how old he is or how high is pants are, he's the one I want to find!! :banana: :rotfl:

Good grief! That's what I get for posting while I'm still half-asleep. Next time I'll wait until AFTER my first cup of coffee. :surfweb:

Thanks for keepin an eye out for me, Beth. ;)No problem. :thumbsup2
But what am I going to do with you when you've had some wine?? :eek: :rolleyes1

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Yay margaritas! I have to say, that is one thing I have been craving this whole pregnancy...

You ladies are cracking me up! I will probably never be able to keep up with this thread, but it's fun to try!
You'll really be busy before too much longer. ;) Are the older two excited for the new arrival? :)

disney-super-mom
05-22-2008, 12:13 PM
I've been wondering where you've been! We miss you around here. I hope everything is ok. Let us know if there's anything we can do, or if you just want to vent. :hug:

Capri - what's up girl? I miss all your posts around here. Is everything ok?

DH and I are just feeling really down lately and just emotionally drained.

Between our two families, it's like living in a never-ending Jerry Springer show.:dance3: :headache:

I guess the upside is that we'd make great television viewing pleasure.:happytv:

Califgirl
05-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Good morning, girls!

YAY Steph! I'm so glad you got your test, and one of the lumps went away. Great news. :wizard: here's some Pixie Dust that the test results come back and tell you that all is well.:hug:

Mama Kate, congratulations! :cloud9:

Capri, I'm so sorry things are difficult right now. :hug:

Welcome to all the girls coming in March! And Shelley, I fully expect to see you, too!

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 12:44 PM
DH and I are just feeling really down lately and just emotionally drained.

Between our two families, it's like living in a never-ending Jerry Springer show.:dance3: :headache:

I guess the upside is that we'd make great television viewing pleasure.:happytv:
Ahhhh....family. They'll get ya every time. :headache:
Wanna run away?? I'll come get you and you don't have to leave a forwarding address. :car: :rotfl: :hug:

Good morning, girls!

Welcome to all the girls coming in March! And Shelley, I fully expect to see you, too!
Hey Chris! How was your week-end in Vegas? (you did say you were going to Vegas right? :scratchin ) Hot enough for ya? It was 108 here on Monday and today it's only in the 70's with a slight chance of rain. So weird.

Oh, and I added Shelley to "the list", despite her telling me not too, so now she has to come. :thumbsup2

Dagny
05-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Well it looks like Texas Tech's Spring Break is March 14 - 22 in 2009 so that conflict is gone. Now if I can just get Shelley to quit whining about how many days off she has.... I told her to just take off without pay... sheeshhhhhh

toocherie
05-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Wanna run away?? I'll come get you and you don't have to leave a forwarding address. :car: :rotfl: :hug:

Can I run away with you guys? (I'm serious.) Between my Mom's surgery, DBF's job woes (by the way he actually got a job (finally!) and actually seems to be doing ok in it) and my paralegal's Mom's woes, I'm done in too.

The car reminds me of Thelma and Louise (except in this case it would be Capri, Beth and Cheryl) But we're NOT going off a cliff . . . . . :laughing: :laughing:

Jenn1116
05-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Good morning ladies!

I am so excited about all this wine and margarita drinking!:cool1:

I should be working but it's so difficult when there are so many pages to catch up on! :surfweb:

Steph, I don't know you, yet, but I'm happy to hear the good news.:hug:

I'll be back for more later! :)

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Well it looks like Texas Tech's Spring Break is March 14 - 22 in 2009 so that conflict is gone. Now if I can just get Shelley to quit whining about how many days off she has.... I told her to just take off without pay... sheeshhhhhhShe does like to whine.... :rolleyes1

(she's going to hurt me isn't she? :duck: )

I'm glad to hear the Spring Break conflict worked out.

Can I run away with you guys? (I'm serious.) Between my Mom's surgery, DBF's job woes (by the way he actually got a job (finally!) and actually seems to be doing ok in it) and my paralegal's Mom's woes, I'm done in too.

The car reminds me of Thelma and Louise (except in this case it would be Capri, Beth and Cheryl) But we're NOT going off a cliff . . . . . :laughing: :laughing:Congrats to your DBF on the new job! But I definitely think you should come with us!! Road Trip!! :banana:

But no cliffs please! :scared1:

Good morning ladies!

I am so excited about all this wine and margarita drinking!:cool1:

I should be working but it's so difficult when there are so many pages to catch up on! :surfweb:

Steph, I don't know you, yet, but I'm happy to hear the good news.:hug:

I'll be back for more later! :)Hi there. You might want to think about just quitting your job....:confused3

;)

mommy2kande
05-22-2008, 01:20 PM
You'll really be busy before too much longer. ;) Are the older two excited for the new arrival? :)

No joke! They really are. My son is used to being the oldest, and while my daughter can't stop talking about "her" baby, we'll see how she handles it next month! :rotfl: I keep talking up being "big helpers"!! Lord knows I'm gonna need it!

disney-super-mom
05-22-2008, 01:34 PM

The car reminds me of Thelma and Louise (except in this case it would be Capri, Beth and Cheryl) But we're NOT going off a cliff . . . . . :laughing: :laughing:

Congrats to your DBF on the new job! But I definitely think you should come with us!! Road Trip!! :banana:

But no cliffs please! :scared1:

I'd LOVE to run away and go on a loooooooooong road trip!:banana: (Put me down on the cliff-less list!):goodvibes

DH and I were talking last night about packing it in and moving us and the kids to the Bahamas, and not telling our families a thing about it. That would be morally wrong of course.......but ohhhhhhh, SO GREAT!!!!!:rolleyes1

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 01:36 PM
No joke! They really are. My son is used to being the oldest, and while my daughter can't stop talking about "her" baby, we'll see how she handles it next month! :rotfl: I keep talking up being "big helpers"!! Lord knows I'm gonna need it!
Awwww, the "her baby" part is cute. :goodvibes Wait till she wonders where the off button is on "her baby". ;)

When I had my twins, my older two were 5 and 3 and they were super excited. Especially because with twins it meant they each got a new "toy" to play with for awhile until they got bored. :rotfl:

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 01:41 PM
I'd LOVE to run away and go on a loooooooooong road trip!:banana: (Put me down on the cliff-less list!):goodvibes

DH and I were talking last night about packing it in and moving us and the kids to the Bahamas, and not telling our families a thing about it. That would be morally wrong of course.......but ohhhhhhh, SO GREAT!!!!!:rolleyes1Now there's a thought! Then we could all come visit you. Girls Only Trip to the Bahamas anyone?? :banana:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii209/Michelle_Kayla/C17.jpg

toocherie
05-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi there. You might want to think about just quitting your job....:confused3

;)

Yes, where ARE your priorities?

Califgirl
05-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Hey Chris! How was your week-end in Vegas? (you did say you were going to Vegas right? :scratchin ) Hot enough for ya? It was 108 here on Monday and today it's only in the 70's with a slight chance of rain. So weird.

Oh, and I added Shelley to "the list", despite her telling me not too, so now she has to come. :thumbsup2

Yes, I was in Vegas and it was pretty warm. We drove out on Friday, and enjoyed the weekend with my parents who live in Summerlin. I can't believe my dad will be 92 this year. They are doing sooo great! We stayed at a La Quinta near them, so we drove over every day. We drove home early on Monday morning to try to get through the desert before the 107 degree heat hit. We got home around noon, so we did ok.

Here's my "I'm not really lost" story. Those who know me might appreciate this one.
One morning, we went driving around and did a little shopping before we went over to see my parents. We were going to their house, in Sun City, and I was on SmokeTree going west, and I got in the middle lane crossing Buffalo, and realized the only way I could go was into the "Lakes" communities. (I should have turned right, gone to Cheyenne and then gone up to Rampart) I've been through the Lakes before, it is full of winding roads, but it is picturesque. Even before I crossed into the community, I knew I could be in trouble. So a white SUV turned in right before me. I turned to my husband and said "I have no idea how to get from here to the other side of this community, so I'm just going to follow this SUV. If they get us to the other side great! If they are going home and pull into a driveway somewhere, we're screwed and they are going to think we are stalking them." So I follow this SUV through lots of turns and my muddled sense of direction thinks that we are generally going the right way to make it to Rampart St. After a few minutes, and some turns I would not have taken, we do indeed find ourselves at Rampart St. phew! So I take quick stock of where we are and determine I need to turn right. OOPS nope, the street I needed was left of where we came out. So I go down to the traffic light (Cheyenne, which I could have gotten to oh so easily in the first place if I had been in the right lane!) and decide I'll just make a U-turn. In front of us, is the same SUV. They also make a U-turn. I start laughing and tell my husband that they must be thinking we are stalking them for sure. Then I said, what if they turn into Del Webb like we are going to .. and we both just laughed. Well, sure enough, they turned on Del Webb into Sun City too. My husband and I are both laughing almost hysterically, it was soo funny. Thankfully at the first stop sign they turned left and we turned right.

That was pretty much my strategy, just follow whoever is in front of me and somehow I'll get where I'm going. I still can't believe that it worked!

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Chris, that is too funny!! :lmao: I'll have to try that strategy next time. :rolleyes1 The Lakes neighborhood is so nice. I'd love to have one of those house right on the lake. :love:

I'm glad you guys missed the heat! Monday was the worst. We broke records. :scared:

That's so cool your Dad is going to be 92 and is still doing great! Wow. Good for him. :cheer2:

Was the La Quinta you stayed at anywhere near the Sahara West Library? That's the only one I can remember seeing. Not that I am especially on the look out for La Quintas, LOL.

Califgirl
05-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Chris, that is too funny!! :lmao: I'll have to try that strategy next time. :rolleyes1 The Lakes neighborhood is so nice. I'd love to have one of those house right on the lake. :love:

I'm glad you guys missed the heat! Monday was the worst. We broke records. :scared:

That's so cool your Dad is going to be 92 and is still doing great! Wow. Good for him. :cheer2:

Was the La Quinta you stayed at anywhere near the Sahara West Library? That's the only one I can remember seeing. Not that I am especially on the look out for La Quintas, LOL.

It was hot while we were there, but not swealtering yet. So glad we missed the record heat on Monday.
We stayed at the La Quinta on Tenaya, not far from the hospital. There's a Hampton Inn right next to it as well. They have a nice free breakfast, including the make your own waffles. Pretty yummy. :)

Jenn1116
05-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi there. You might want to think about just quitting your job....:confused3

;)

Then I'd have to resort to robbing banks for my Disney cash!!:scared1:

:rotfl:

toocherie
05-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Monday it was almost 100 degrees here.

Today it is in the 60's and POURING rain (literally walked 10 feet from the car and am soaked). Hope it clears for the weekend~!

grumpyvet
05-22-2008, 03:46 PM

Yes, he is is a grandpa appearing fellow is a Dream Team guy. Sadly he was only being friendly when Michelle, Stacie and I happened on him. It is a rather long convoluted story that amused the living giggles out of the three of us. But, while not particularly "Hot", Tom is a sparkley fllirty gentleman...and we had a shameless amount of fun teasing him!!! He did teach us something about the Dream Team. They are onlyactively dreaming when they have their white vests on. So, spot one without a vest, don't bother kissing up, cause it won't get you anywhere!!!

toocherie
05-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Yes, he is is a grandpa appearing fellow is a Dream Team guy. Sadly he was only being friendly when Michelle, Stacie and I happened on him. It is a rather long convoluted story that amused the living giggles out of the three of us. But, while not particularly "Hot", Tom is a sparkley fllirty gentleman...and we had a shameless amount of fun teasing him!!! He did teach us something about the Dream Team. They are onlyactively dreaming when they have their white vests on. So, spot one without a vest, don't bother kissing up, cause it won't get you anywhere!!!

Well, I did get an Honorary Citizen button and a "Tink" pin from two different ones when they weren't "vested" so kissing up may still be an option!

grumpyvet
05-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Well, I did get an Honorary Citizen button and a "Tink" pin from two different ones when they weren't "vested" so kissing up may still be an option!

Cheryl, hey no fair, we all were being our most charming to Tom, complimenting his pants and everything!!!

He did give us a sheet of Little Mermaid stickers...so I guess I shouldn't whine quite so hard!!

Oh, and you know why it is raining today? I take total responsibility...washed my car this AM. Crap.

grumpyvet
05-22-2008, 04:24 PM
I'd love to be your guys' roomie again if it's alright with you. I will never again judge a person by one photo on a forum because when you share a room they are totally different..... amy:lmao:

Hey Cristobel,

If I go, you can so totally share my room...and Stacie's. I like the idea of the clown car analogy!!! I already have big enough feet for the clown shoes!!!!

Cool. I am already making plans of who I am sleeping...er....rooming with..and I haven't even made the proposal to the family about going again right after a trip to Ohio!!!

Oh, golly, live dangerously,huh? Amy

toocherie
05-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Cheryl, hey no fair, we all were being our most charming to Tom, complimenting his pants and everything!!!

He did give us a sheet of Little Mermaid stickers...so I guess I shouldn't whine quite so hard!!

Oh, and you know why it is raining today? I take total responsibility...washed my car this AM. Crap.

Actually--I'm hoping the storm is moving faster than expected so it is all gone by Saturday, so Amy THANK YOU for getting your car washed this morning! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Stacerita
05-22-2008, 04:41 PM

Great memory you have Katie. And not only is Tom a Dream Squad CM who happens to be an older gentleman that pulls his pants up very high......he is also very flirty too. And don't for one second think that we weren't trying to work that angle for our own benefit.

Cristabelle - of course I would love to have you as a rommie again. And I will try to get my hair combed quicker so we can be there at rope drop.

Stacerita
05-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey Cristobel,

If I go, you can so totally share my room...and Stacie's. I like the idea of the clown car analogy!!! I already have big enough feet for the clown shoes!!!!

Cool. I am already making plans of who I am sleeping...er....rooming with..and I haven't even made the proposal to the family about going again right after a trip to Ohio!!!

Oh, golly, live dangerously,huh? Amy

LOL.....DBF is still waiting for the pictures from last time.

And I must share some of the credit for the rain. I never washed my car, and I did the other day, so I knew the rain would be coming.

wdwr
05-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Howdy!

Steph, great news. Hope it keeps getting better.

Dagny, I don't care if it is paid or unpaid time off you dork. My boss doesn't love me as much as you do. All I'd have to do is say Disney Trip to you and you'd say "How many days do you need?". "And can I come too?" See if I ask to room with you on any future trips. Think I'll stick with Lauren. She's nice to me.

Beth, you're a bad girl. Did you really put my name on the list? Yep, I might just have to hurt you the next time I see you. Or spike your drink since I know you're not a big drinker. You'd be under the table in 2 sips. :laughing:

Capri, hope you're feeling better today. I would think reading this thread could help you feel less depressed for a few minutes. Everyone LOVES to pick on me!! You'd think I deserved it or something.

Dagny
05-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Howdy!

Dagny, I don't care if it is paid or unpaid time off you dork. My boss doesn't love me as much as you do. All I'd have to do is say Disney Trip to you and you'd say "How many days do you need?". "And can I come too?" See if I ask to room with you on any future trips. Think I'll stick with Lauren. She's nice to me.

Call in sick :rolleyes1

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 05:39 PM
It was hot while we were there, but not swealtering yet. So glad we missed the record heat on Monday.
We stayed at the La Quinta on Tenaya, not far from the hospital. There's a Hampton Inn right next to it as well. They have a nice free breakfast, including the make your own waffles. Pretty yummy. :)Oh, ok. Sounds nice.
I like it that so many of the hotels now have those waffle makers. With a family of 6 it really helps to not have to go out to eat breakfast when we travel.

Then I'd have to resort to robbing banks for my Disney cash!!:scared1:

:rotfl:Nuh uh, just borrow Wendy's nail polish! :rolleyes1

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Monday it was almost 100 degrees here.

Today it is in the 60's and POURING rain (literally walked 10 feet from the car and am soaked). Hope it clears for the weekend~!Lucky!!!! I so miss the rain. I love the rain and we never get any of it here. :rolleyes:

But I do hope it clears up in time for your week-end. :wizard:

Don't tell 'em. Just stock up on normally forbidden snacks, rent lots of new DVDs, and leave some pizza money. They might not even notice you are gone. ;)

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 05:41 PM
LOL.....DBF is still waiting for the pictures from last time.

And I must share some of the credit for the rain. I never washed my car, and I did the other day, so I knew the rain would be coming.
Ugh, someone come wash their car over here!! I want some rain darn it. http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif

Beth, you're a bad girl. Did you really put my name on the list? :confused3 :angel:

Call in sick :rolleyes1There ya go!! I'll write the note for you! I had lots of practice forging notes in high school. :rolleyes1

daisy_77
05-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Hi, ladies!

I am sooo behind on this thread!:headache:

Steph----I am sooo happy to hear about the good news----I'll pray for more!:hug:

Tom: old guy, high pants. I will be looking out for him.:3dglasses

wdwr
05-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Make that a Doctor's note and we might have a plan in the works. Do we have any Dr's in the mix somehow????? Think they'd get suspicious when the address & phone number of the Dr's office wasn't in Canada?

DangerMouse
05-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Make that a Doctor's note and we might have a plan in the works. Do we have any Dr's in the mix somehow????? Think they'd get suspicious when the address & phone number of the Dr's office wasn't in Canada?

Amy's a vet, will that work? ;) :rotfl2:

toocherie
05-22-2008, 06:16 PM

:lmao:

grumpyvet
05-22-2008, 06:30 PM

Well, if they can overlook the location of the doctor, maybe they could overlook the type of doctor!!!

How well can you bark? :)

Amy

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 06:34 PM
:rotfl:

Well, if they can overlook the location of the doctor, maybe they could overlook the type of doctor!!!

How well can you bark? :)

Amy:lmao: :lmao:

disney-super-mom
05-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Capri, hope you're feeling better today. I would think reading this thread could help you feel less depressed for a few minutes. Everyone LOVES to pick on me!! You'd think I deserved it or something.

Actually I really AM feeling much better. There's nothing like laughing at.......er, with my DIS gal pals!:laughing:

DangerMouse
05-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Actually I really AM feeling much better. There's nothing like laughing at.......er, with my DIS gal pals!:laughing:

Hi Capri! :wave2:

Stick around! We miss you! :flower3:

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Laughing at?!?! Hmph. :snooty:
Hey Capri, look over there!! http://bestsmileys.com/kick/2.gif

:rolleyes1 :teeth:

staley7580
05-22-2008, 06:46 PM

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Oh MAN!! That is too funny. :lmao:

disney-super-mom
05-22-2008, 06:51 PM

Now that just plain hurts, Beth. I mean, good grief......where in the heck are my arms?!?!;) :laughing:

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Now that just plain hurts, Beth. I mean, good grief......where in the heck are my arms?!?!;) :laughing:

:rotfl2: Good question actually! :confused3 :rotfl:

BTW, Shelley made me do it. :rolleyes1

Stacerita
05-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Tom: old guy, high pants. I will be looking out for him.:3dglasses

And very flirty!:lovestruc

disney-super-mom
05-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi Capri! :wave2:

Stick around! We miss you! :flower3:

Ah, thanks Callie.:hug: See, friends are good for so many things when you're down......a flower with a friendly smile......a good butt kickin' when you have no arms......what more could a friend want?!:goodvibes

Stacerita
05-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Ok, I finally posted the first part of my trip report. Thanks to Cristabel for inspiring me.

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Ah, thanks Callie.:hug: See, friends are good for so many things when you're down......a flower with a friendly smile......a good butt kickin' when you have no arms......what more could a friend want?!:goodvibes
Anytime babe. That's what we are here for. ;)

Ok, I finally posted the first part of my trip report. Thanks to Cristabel for inspiring me.
I saw that! Alright! Better make it good, I'm adding the link to the front page. :thumbsup2

mommaU4
05-22-2008, 11:44 PM
AMY!!!!

(did that get your attention??) Where you at girl?? You've been tagged and I LOVE it. So funny!!! :rotfl2:

I love all the hilarious tags that have come as a result of this trip. :banana:

grumpyvet
05-22-2008, 11:55 PM
AMY!!!!

(did that get your attention??) Where you at girl?? You've been tagged and I LOVE it. So funny!!! :rotfl2:

What!!!! Yeah...didn't see it until you pointed it out. Quite funny though.

So, I can now kinda multi quote..how do I change my font and color. I am so envious of your technical-whiz bangness!!!!

My DH is in IT..but I find it a little humiliating to show him what a techno **** I am. (Oops--not allowed to say that huh?) I mean, my information technology skills are a bit remedial!!!

Amy

mommaU4
05-23-2008, 12:08 AM
What!!!! Yeah...didn't see it until you pointed it out. Quite funny though.

So, I can now kinda multi quote..how do I change my font and color. I am so envious of your technical-whiz bangness!!!!

My DH is in IT..but I find it a little humiliating to show him what a techno **** I am. (Oops--not allowed to say that huh?) I mean, my information technology skills are a bit remedial!!!

Amy:rotfl2:

It's easy. When you are making a post, at the top of the box you'll see a whole bunch of options to play with.

In the lower left corner, you'll see a B; that is for making things appear in bold lettering.

Next to that is an I; that is for making things appear in Italics.

After that is a U; that will underline something for you.

Above that you'll see Fonts. There is a drop down bar with several different designs to choose from.

Next to that are sizes. Again use the drop down bar to pick the size you'd like. One is smallest. Seven is largest.

After sizes is another A. Use that drop down bar to choose from a wonderful r a i n b o w of colors.

To use those options you can either type out what you want to say first, highlight it and then click on what you want to do. OR click on what you want to do, and type it out after.

And there ya have it. :teacher: Play around with it a little to get the hang of it, and if your not sure how something will appear just preview your post first.

No thanks are necessary. I'll send you my bill. (unless of course I've confused you further, in which case never mind, it's on the house) :rotfl2:

grumpyvet
05-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Well isn't that silly, I never noticed those choices that are clearly at the top of my reply box. Hello...earth calling!!!

Oh, and the check is in the mail, but don't hold you breath, might need those shoes after all!!!

Amy

mommaU4
05-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Well isn't that silly, I never noticed those choices that are clearly at the top of my reply box. Hello...earth calling!!!

Oh, and the check is in the mail, but don't hold you breath, might need those shoes after all!!!

Amy
I should've known. Good thing I always keep a pair handy. ;)

Right now the only thing I need is some shut eye. Don't you work tomorrow??? :rotfl:

But I do expect to come on tomorrow and find lots of fancy and colorful posts from you now. There will be a quiz to see if you were paying attention. :teacher:

grumpyvet
05-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Actually I only work part time so am off tomorrow, work Saturday! I am going to DL tomorrow with my DD7 unless she continues on today's trend of driving me nuts!!! So good night!! It has been fun chasing you over the boards tonight. Er...I mean following your posts in a totally non threatening nonstalker kind of way.

uh

goodnight. Amy

disney-super-mom
05-23-2008, 09:50 AM

I'm lovin' all the new tags too!:lmao:

I've seen a few pertaining to the Martini glass shirts, so I feel extra proud!;) See what I did for some of you ladies?!!......and I'm not even a plastic surgeon! Just call me Dr. Hooters.:woohoo: :laughing:

DangerMouse
05-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Amy! Congrats on the new tag! :thumbsup2

Good morning ladies! :goodvibes

And good morning Dr. Hooters! :rotfl:

It's 54 perfect cool degrees here in Phoenix this morning. We're thinking of taking the kids to see Prince Caspian at the bargain matinee this morning. Then I'm planning on meeting Stacie and Ellen for dinner tonight.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone! :goodvibes