PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfast Dilemma

ChrisnKim913
05-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Alright I need some help here. We are stuck between character breakfasts at Crystal Palace or 'Ohana. We will be going to the MK that day and the location of CP can't be beat. 'Ohana is our favorite restaurant and I love the view and the Monorail can have us at the MK in minutes. The family style is kind of relaxing and is nice to not have to get up. We have a couple that will be with us that have never done a character breakfast before. I also love getting to the MK when it's already open and the character's are out meeting everyone. I need some advice and opinions.... thanks in advance

KatMark
05-19-2008, 09:50 AM
I would say Crystal Palace because it is our favorite character breakfast because of Pooh and friends and the puffed french toast, and get an 8:05 a.m. ADR so you have Main Street all to yourself almost and can get nice pictures of the castle. We have not done Ohana's since it changed from Minnie's character breakfast (sorry...DH and I are not big Stitch fans).

F1Julie
05-19-2008, 09:51 AM
I'd also choose CP. It's just so convenient to have breakfast in the park before opening.

MickeyNicki
05-19-2008, 09:55 AM
We prefer the 8:05 am ressie at CP because you will be in the park and wont have to deal with the hassle of getting through the gate crowds and a better selection of food

ChrisnKim913
05-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Well seems like everyone is pointing towards CP. I just don't know... it's crazy how hard this decision really is.

gatorfreud
05-19-2008, 10:59 PM
CP for sure.

adell557
05-19-2008, 11:02 PM
I am going against the flow. We are going in August and we chose Ohana

spaceace510
05-19-2008, 11:30 PM
I would have to say CP. I enjoy it much better than Ohana, and not your usually characters either

Dana49
05-20-2008, 04:38 AM
It sounds like you prefer 'Ohana. So, I would make the earliest possible ADR at 'Ohana, and then have a great time.

cindyfan
05-20-2008, 05:54 AM
Tough decision!!!
We seem to end up doing both. :goodvibes
For different reasons.
CP at 8:05 gets you there before the park opens, we eat and then head out. Don't care much for Pooh, so if we see Tigger and Eeyore we are fine.
And there is a lot more variety in the food because it is buffet.

But then Ohana's we try to hit later in the morning..... usually after we've done EMH at MK for a few hours. We don't care for Stitch but love Mickey!!! And love the view. And it seems a lot more relaxing since it is family style.
We were a bit disappointed with our service last time..... we were one of the last to be seated and the server wasn't as attentive as she should have been. We thought it was the end of her shift and she just wanted to get out. Spotted her a few times just standing around chatting while we were trying to get her attention to get something for us.

I think they are 2 entirely different experiences..... yes, both are character meals, but very different!!!!

JimR24
05-20-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm going with Ohana. I like CP but I really enjoy the family style breakfast. No worry about missing characters. My kids eat better at the family style places. They know the characters are coming to them so they relax a lot more.

ChrisnKim913
05-20-2008, 09:30 AM
^^ Hey your from new port richey! I'm just up the road in Spring Hill, lol. Yea I think I might go with 'Ohana. I still like the feel of walking into MK and down Main Street once its already open and all the characters are out...i love that.

tlhbdm
05-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Ohana is my FAVORITE breakfast because I LOVE Stitch. DH and I have been there twice now and we plan to go in September for free dining. I love the atmoshphere and the family style is nice because you don't have to get up to get your food. I also have to say that I have never been to CP because I'm really not a huge Winnie the Pooh fan and the Chef Mickey's buffet(for breakfast) is awesome and you get the original Disney characters. So my reccomendation would be go with Ohana or if you want to try something new go with Chef Mickey's breakfast.

ChrisnKim913
05-20-2008, 10:06 AM
We have done Chef Mickey's, Cape May, and 1900 Park Fare breakfasts. Cape May is our favorite. Since we are going to the MK I wanted it to be close. 'Ohana is on the monorail so that is a factor too. I don't like Chef Mickey's for some reason, it wasn't to clean and that music that played every 20 minutes where you spun your napkin over your head drove me nuts, haha.

tlhbdm
05-20-2008, 10:34 AM
We have done Chef Mickey's, Cape May, and 1900 Park Fare breakfasts. Cape May is our favorite. Since we are going to the MK I wanted it to be close. 'Ohana is on the monorail so that is a factor too. I don't like Chef Mickey's for some reason, it wasn't to clean and that music that played every 20 minutes where you spun your napkin over your head drove me nuts, haha.

Understandable. When DH and I were at WDW for our honeymoon in December we stayed in the tower in the Contemporary and when they music started at 7:30 AM it was so annoying and DH and I couldn't sleep any longer, I think that was the only downside to staying Tower Contemporary, of course we were only one floor above the monorail which means two floors above Chef Mickey's.