PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi or '50's Prime Time Cafe

iHEARTflorida
05-19-2008, 07:41 AM
i'm thinking of adding another ADR to our current ones, it would be for a party of 5, parents 3 older teens.

do you think they would be any left availble for dinner Adr's in aug?

i dunno which one to chose as i like the sound of the food better on the sci-fi, but sitting in the cars doesn't sound like we could really commuincate very well during the dinner, could the cars fit 5?

but then i like the sound of the '50's apprently the pot roast is good?

which one, i can only do one? comments and photos please!!!

ransom
05-19-2008, 07:56 AM
It sounds like 50s Prime Time would be better for you folks.

Sci-Fi, in most people's experience, is OK if you have a burger and a shake. The rest of the stuff on the menu is, well, disappointing to most people.

50s Prime Time has a better reputation as far as its food.

And yes, you're right, having a conversation at Sci-Fi is awkward at best.

DisneyMusician2
05-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Definately the 50's. It is still fun, but much more condusive to the social aspect of eating if you have more than 2 people.

disneygal55
05-19-2008, 08:50 AM
My family (DH and 2 DS's...both older teens...and I eat at Sci-Fi every trip. It's lots of fun to watch the old sci-fi movies in a convertible. We usually get cheeseburgers, onion rings and the BLT soup (without lettuce). Cheeseburgers are not on the dinner menu but just ask the waitperson...never an issue. Also since you have five people, you will get an entire car to yourselves. Just make sure to request a car if you make an ADR.
It is not the best place to have a conversation but it's a unique experience and fun to try.