PDA

View Full Version : 1st trip to Disneyland...I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!

Disneynut71
05-19-2008, 05:39 AM
11 days from today the kiddies and I will be heading out for our first trip to Disneyland.:banana:

We will be staying at the Disneyland hotel...which the other day I found out I will have a mini fridge.:yay: :yay: :yay:

DS will be celebrating his 12 birthday on June 7th. Breakfast that morning at Goofy's Kitchen and I plan to order a birthday bucket that day.

My DS and I made Dis pins yesterday. What do you think?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/star6896/DISpins.jpg

While at WDW we met a few fellow Diser's and now my son is into it.

Looks like no Toontown Morning Madness. I have tried and tried to get tickets but I guess something to look forward to next time.

??I remember seeing somewhere a Disney Ice Cream shop in LA? Anyone know what it is called? We would like to check it out.

?? We are looking to make a Dis T-shirt but can't seem to find something we like, Does anyone have something we could use?

Feel free if you like to add your trip and if there is anything special you are doing. I have learned so much so far on DL planning.

Laurabearz
05-19-2008, 06:40 AM
We are getting ready for our 2nd trip (as a family) to DLR is 22 days!!! (hehe your 1st trip 11 days. our second trip 22 days.. get it...?)

Is it normal to have button Envy??

For tee shirt ideas I would look here... http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Have fun!

keishashadow
05-19-2008, 06:49 AM
11 days from today the kiddies and I will be heading out for our first trip to Disneyland.:banana:

We will be staying at the Disneyland hotel...which the other day I found out I will have a mini fridge.:yay: :yay: :yay:

DS will be celebrating his 12 birthday on June 7th. Breakfast that morning at Goofy's Kitchen and I plan to order a birthday bucket that day.

My DS and I made Dis pins yesterday. What do you think?

While at WDW we met a few fellow Diser's and now my son is into it.

Looks like no Toontown Morning Madness. I have tried and tried to get tickets but I guess something to look forward to next time.

Feel free if you like to add your trip and if there is anything special you are doing. I have learned so much so far on DL planning.

do all the DLH rooms have mini fridges?:wizard: R u staying on points? we'll be out on a convention rate

enjoy - don't forget a TR;)

very nice pins, what a nice BD DS will have:goodvibes

i've heard of people getting lucky when asking @ desk/concierge for TTM:confused3

Laurabearz
05-19-2008, 07:17 AM
I believe that all rooms have a frigde, although my friend just got back and said it was not a very good fridge.

And I am not the OP, but we are staying on Points :-) Two Standard rooms for 19/30 pts a night

vettegirl
05-19-2008, 07:44 AM
I believe there is a Disney ice cream shop on Hollywood Blvd. I would try google to find out exactly where it is located. You guys are going to have the best time, DL is so special. If you have a reservation the Blue Bayou inside the POC is amazing and the food is quite good. Have fun and be sure to write a trip report when you get back.

MPHARJ
05-19-2008, 07:55 AM
:goodvibes How exciting!! We have our second DLR trip coming up in 27 days so I know how excited you must be! Have a great time, the buttons are so cute!

Disneynut71
05-19-2008, 08:52 AM
From my understanding all the rooms have a mini fridge. They told me enough to fit some pop, water or milk which is just what I needed.

I am also staying with Points.

I will ask again when I get to the hotel. I am hoping I can get those Tickets. The kids will be so excited.

Laurabearz- Cool how our trips came out. I totally get it!

Laurabearz
05-19-2008, 09:15 AM
I am also staying with Points.

Yay for points!!

Are you going to buy into GCV? We are hoping too, if the founders dont take them all lol

Disneynut71
05-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Yay for points!!

Are you going to buy into GCV? We are hoping too, if the founders dont take them all lol

I do not think I will be buying GCV. You never know though, I may fall in love with Disneyland and change my mind.

disneyfaninaz
05-19-2008, 09:45 AM
The Disney Soda Fountain and Studio Store is located next to the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood.

Here is the website: http://disney.go.com/DisneyPictures/el_capitan/

Laurabearz
05-19-2008, 10:10 AM
OMG I just noticed your from Naperville... We live near Brookfield Zoo! :lmao:

We are going to buy enough points to go every 3 years. I used to live just a few blocks from DLR so I love going back.

Disneynut71
05-19-2008, 10:27 AM
The Disney Soda Fountain and Studio Store is located next to the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood.

Here is the website: http://disney.go.com/DisneyPictures/el_capitan/

Thank you so much. The food sounds yummy. Can't wait to try it out!:yay:

OMG I just noticed your from Naperville... We live near Brookfield Zoo! :lmao:

We are going to buy enough points to go every 3 years. I used to live just a few blocks from DLR so I love going back.

:wave2: Hi Neighbor.

A bit off topic but we have a Chicago area Thread on Community. They are a great Group of people. I have attended a few of the meets they are great.:cheer2:

I do not know how I am going to work the next 11 days. I can't seem to think of anything else but Disney.:rolleyes1

Laurabearz
05-19-2008, 10:35 AM
We might check out that soda fountain too on our Universal Day.

I wish we only had 11 days to think about our trip :lmao: But I do need to get on the ball and order tickets!

And I know about that thread, it moves way to fast for me. :rotfl:

mousiemom
05-19-2008, 11:50 AM
i will be looking for your buttons! i'm always on the look out for the dissers! one trip to wdw and i met about 8 dissers. we spent the day @ AK with one of them, had so much fun! i will have a lime green mickey on my mickey backpack and i usually carry a pouch purse with a huge lime green mickey that says,"disboarder". we will be there june 5-12!! can't wait!! our 1st trip to DL!!
mousiemom

Disneynut71
05-19-2008, 12:25 PM
i will be looking for your buttons! i'm always on the look out for the dissers! one trip to wdw and i met about 8 dissers. we spent the day @ AK with one of them, had so much fun! i will have a lime green mickey on my mickey backpack and i usually carry a pouch purse with a huge lime green mickey that says,"disboarder". we will be there june 5-12!! can't wait!! our 1st trip to DL!!
mousiemom

I will be on the look out for you:yay: :yay:

HarbinsMom
05-19-2008, 12:33 PM
We leave on Saturday!!!! We'll hit Disneyland next Thursday. We're going to Hollywood first, then Legoland, then DLR. I always like to end my trip there. I am SO excited.

Have a great first time.

Bethann23
05-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Very excited for you .... I am having trouble working and I have much longer than you do.....

Disneynut71
05-19-2008, 01:24 PM
We leave on Saturday!!!! We'll hit Disneyland next Thursday. We're going to Hollywood first, then Legoland, then DLR. I always like to end my trip there. I am SO excited.

Have a great first time.

Have a great trip.

We are going to check out Hollywood as well. I wasn't sure about Legoland. I am thinking maybe next time.

Laurabearz
05-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Hey Nut... you just hit 900 posts! Congrats!

We are doing the full gammut... Universal (only because Simpsons is open lol) Legoland and Seaworld, but we have 5 nights in San Diego after 6 nights at DLR.

Disneynut71
05-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey Nut... you just hit 900 posts! Congrats!

We are doing the full gammut... Universal (only because Simpsons is open lol) Legoland and Seaworld, but we have 5 nights in San Diego after 6 nights at DLR.

Thanks for telling me...I didn't even notice:laughing:

I might do universal. The Simpsons ride looks cool.

Disneynut71
05-20-2008, 05:11 AM
Happy Tuesday :cool1: :cool1:

10 days to go!!!

Working on our t-shirts. Haven't found what I exactly want just yet but I still have a few days.

Getting things together for the trip. I always worry I am going to miss something...and usually do:laughing:

Laurabearz
05-20-2008, 07:10 AM
I have to figure out where to buy my tickets today lol

stacymomof2
05-20-2008, 08:39 AM
You'll have a BLAST!

The walk from DLH to the front gate isn't bad at all. It's fun on the way home strolling through DtD...the lights up the trees, the music, the people...

The fridge in the room was just perfect for us, it's small...but worked for drinks no problem.

Enjoy your trip!

Disneynut71
05-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I have to figure out where to buy my tickets today lol

I just bought my tickets from getawaytoday.com 2 adult 1 child 8 day park hoppers for $607 (since I needed a rush)

I am know we will not be in the parks every day but if we want to catch out fireworks some night we can just go in and not cost of so much.

Disneynut71
05-21-2008, 05:04 AM
Wednesday morning at today I'm single digit dancing...

:banana: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1: :dancer: party: :jumping1: :jumping3: :jumping2: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

today I am working on the car that will pick me up at home to the airport and when I get home pick me up and take me home.... (boy that seems like a lot more then it really is)

I am trying to think of anything else I need to do...

Got the hotel,
airline tickets
boarding for the puppy
park tickets
what am I missing???

Bugsmom73
05-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Single digit dance here too.

Disneynut71
05-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Single digit dance here too.

Are you staying on-site???

Do you wear a dis tag??? I will sure to keep a look out and say HELLOOOOO:yay:

Disneynut71
05-22-2008, 05:12 AM
8 to go!!!

I scheduled the taxi company for Pick up Next Friday at 3:30 in the AM :scared:

I have the day off today, so I will be doing laundry and going through my kids summer clothes figure out what fits and what I need to replace.

Have a great day:yay: :yay:

Disneynut71
05-23-2008, 05:14 AM
One week from today!

We are getting excited.

Still working on the T shirt designs. Most of the ones I find on here are for WDW so I am trying on my own. :rotfl2:

Laurabearz
05-23-2008, 07:00 AM
I can't wait to be close enough to start packing.

I am not even pre packing :guilty: :upsidedow

Disneynut71
05-23-2008, 08:42 AM
I can't wait to be close enough to start packing.

I am not even pre packing :guilty: :upsidedow

I have just bought a few things needed for the trip but have not started packing.:confused3

I will be working on it this weekend since I work most of the week.

Disneynut71
05-24-2008, 06:03 AM
6 days to go.

I am getting nervous now. I have never been to California. I Hope I will not get lost when driving around. I am trying to get maps together.

I have to work today. YUCK!

but I'm off the next two days.

Laurabearz
05-24-2008, 06:20 AM
Driving in California is a ride in itself :rotfl:

I learned to drive there, but that was a loooooooooooooong time ago :lmao:

Hope work flies by for you today :-)

julezdisney
05-24-2008, 09:20 AM
How exciting for you! Any must-see's for you at the parks? Do you have an itinerary? Any PS's reserved? Gimme some details!

I'm writing a pre-trippie to- link's in my sig- let me know what you think! I'm so excited for you-wish I were gonna be anywhere but here in a week! (I'm near "Rock-Vegas" lol- Rockford).

Yay for >week!:yay:

Disneynut71
05-24-2008, 11:08 AM
We land at 8:30 Friday morning and then we are driving to Las Vegas for the night. I have family there. I have never been to Vegas before. I can't wait to see the strip.

On Saturday we drive to Disneyland where we are staying for 8 nights at the Disneyland Hotel.

My DD 5 is celebrating her Pre-K graduation and my DS will be celebrating his 12th birthday on June 7th.

We have the perferred view.

I bought 8 day hopper tickets, eventhough I will not be spending 8 full days in the parks.

We plan to hit Space Mountain first. My DD has been dying to ride for the past year. At WDW you have to be 44" to ride. She just hit 44" a month ago eventhough at DL you only need to be 40", she is soooooo ready to ride.

We plan to spend a day in Hollywood and a day at the beach.

The only PS I have made was at Goofy's Kitchen for DS's birthday Breakfast. I only have a $500 budget for food. Since we have a fridge in our room we will be having breakfast everyday there and stuff for sandwiches for lunches and such.

Besides that I'm not really sure. Since this is my first time I really don't know what else to plan. I am thinking of doing Libby Lu for DD (since she will be bringing all 9 of her dresses with) for a princess hair do.

minniebeth
05-24-2008, 11:35 AM
We have 13 days until we go! :banana: :banana:
You will LOVE DL!!!
The Disneyland Hotel is wonderful and what great celebrations you will have!
Space Mountain is AWESOME and so way better than WDW (sorry WDW:upsidedow )
The Disney Ice Cream and Soda shop in LA is fun, my kids loved having treats there! They are very friendly there as well! pixiedust:
Our fav. place to eat in the Hollywood area was Pink's Hot Dogs (well-known for their deeeee-lish mmmmm hot dogs and the celebs who frequent it!)
8 days there is just incredible, you will get to do SO much!
Our other fav. thing to do is spend a lot of time in the Animation Studios in CA and draw with the artists.
Can't wait to hear about your trip!

mom4princesses
05-24-2008, 11:48 AM

Does anyone know how long of a drive it is from Disneyland.

Disneynut71
05-25-2008, 05:35 AM
Sunday morning and 5 days to go:cool1:

Packing and laundry day:scared1:

I finished the Tshirt design and will post them later today. I am looking to do backpacks. Can't seem to find any. I have one more craft store to try hopefully I will find something there.

Will update more later:cheer2:

Disneynut71
05-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Here are the T-shirts we designed for the trip.
This is mine
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/star6896/SDC10019.jpg
This is DD
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/star6896/SDC10020.jpg
DS
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/star6896/SDC10022.jpg

sorry they show a little dark. My room is dark and if I use more flash you can't see the pic.

Brenna&Noah's Mom
05-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Your shirts look awesome!Have a great time!!

Laurabearz
05-25-2008, 08:35 AM
:thumbsup2 I love the shirts! :thumbsup2

Disneynut71
05-26-2008, 06:12 AM
Happy Memorial Day.

4 days to go. Started packing yesterday.

I still have a few things left to add but I think we should be ready by Thursday night.

I made the libby lu reservation yesterday for next Monday.

I posted the family T- Shirts yesterday. My DD wants a graduation one which I found on the design thread. I will be working on that one today.

Have a great day everyone.

Disneynut71
05-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Hey all, I gave this a try today. I found nylon drawstring bags and very carefully ironed these designs on. What do you think?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/star6896/SDC10077.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/star6896/SDC10079.jpg

Disneynut71
05-27-2008, 05:10 AM
Happy Tuesday!!

3 days to go and I am getting nervous. Not quite sure why. There is a small part of me that does not want to go.

I think it's because all this planning is almost over. You plan for so long and the trip just flies by so quickly.

Back to work for the last 3 days.

daisy_77
05-27-2008, 06:33 AM
Very cute bags!:thumbsup2
Whenever I am planning WDW trips, by the time we are almost ready to go I get that I don't want to go feeling. I think it is nervousness that things won't go as planned. By the time I am there, I am having a blast!

I think my over-the-top planning gets me all loopy!:crazy:

PigletGurl
05-27-2008, 06:41 AM
You're going to have a blast at disneyland!
i always love seeing the expressions the newbies do on rides; its so much fun to watch them lol

Laurabearz
05-27-2008, 07:30 AM
I Love the bags!!

Hope the next 3 days fly fo ryou

Bsbllmom
05-27-2008, 08:46 AM
You are going to have a great time!! I really love the bags those are awesome.

Pink's is a great place to eat. They have theeeee best hot dogs and I think some, if not all, are named after celebrities.

At the Princess Fantasy Faire I saw them doing hair on little girls. I don't know if you knew this or not.

Well have a great time and I will be on the look out for you if I make it there this weekend.:)

Disneynut71
05-27-2008, 09:13 AM
The kids are so excited about the bags, more then I expected!

I did know about the princess faire. I heard it is quite a bit more over Libby Lu which is why I choose there. If not correct please let me know.

I think I will try Pink's. It sounds great. :woohoo:

Disneynut71
05-27-2008, 09:51 AM
So I am sitting here in Illinois freezing....
I figure I will check the 10 day forcast for Disneyland. I could only go til Thursday of next week but it looks awesome

Fri
May 30 Sunny 75/57
Sat
May 31 Sunny 74/58
Sun
Jun 01 Sunny 79/59
Mon
Jun 02 Sunny 78/59
Tue
Jun 03 Sunny 77/59
Wed
Jun 04 Sunny 77/60
Thu
Jun 05 Sunny 78/62

Sunny all week and in the 70's :yay: :yay: :yay:

From what I can see no rain. I am just so use to it raining everyday at WDW, I don't know what I am going to do not having to carry a poncho all the time. :lmao:

minniecarousel
05-27-2008, 10:21 AM
No - not much rain in California this time of year. It will be overcast most mornings - it might be cool. The middle of the day will be warm and evenings bring jacket or sweatshirt temps.

And the humidity is nothing like WDW! You can breath and not feel sticky all the time (the summer weather is the ONLY thing I don't like about WDW.)

Bsbllmom
05-27-2008, 10:23 AM
You know reading your posts make me so excited for you. I really wish I was able to do the whole first time at Disneyland. I just remember going all the time when we were little.

I really don't know the prices of the hair thing. I have 2 teen boys and tortured them by making them sit there for the show because we were with my friend who has a 4 year old little girl.:thumbsup2

The weather should be pretty good for next week. I think this freak storm is gone. We went yesterday and it was really cool in the morning but by lunch it was warm and I took off my jacket.

Disneynut71
05-28-2008, 06:09 AM
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday.

2 Days till we leave.

I have so much to do and it feels like no time to do it. :worried:

Laurabearz
05-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Gosh the weather here SUCKS!!! So So dreary. I even looked at Disneyland's weather yesterday, to bad they dont have a 20 day out forcast :lmao:

Disneynut71
05-29-2008, 04:56 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am leaving in less then 24 hours. I haven't finished packing. I have two loads of laundry to do today, take the dog to the vet and oh yeah work 8 hours. I need more time:scared1:

julezdisney
05-29-2008, 06:37 AM
We land at 8:30 Friday morning and then we are driving to Las Vegas for the night. I have family there. I have never been to Vegas before. I can't wait to see the strip.

On Saturday we drive to Disneyland where we are staying for 8 nights at the Disneyland Hotel.

My DD 5 is celebrating her Pre-K graduation and my DS will be celebrating his 12th birthday on June 7th.

We have the perferred view.

I bought 8 day hopper tickets, eventhough I will not be spending 8 full days in the parks.

We plan to hit Space Mountain first. My DD has been dying to ride for the past year. At WDW you have to be 44" to ride. She just hit 44" a month ago eventhough at DL you only need to be 40", she is soooooo ready to ride.

We plan to spend a day in Hollywood and a day at the beach.

The only PS I have made was at Goofy's Kitchen for DS's birthday Breakfast. I only have a $500 budget for food. Since we have a fridge in our room we will be having breakfast everyday there and stuff for sandwiches for lunches and such.

Besides that I'm not really sure. Since this is my first time I really don't know what else to plan. I am thinking of doing Libby Lu for DD (since she will be bringing all 9 of her dresses with) for a princess hair do.

Yay for DD's PreK graduation! My DD's is tonight! Too cute. And you'll have to fill me in on how the Goofy's bfst goes. We're doind Minnie & Friends at the Plaza, but I'm very curious about that one.

Hey all, I gave this a try today. I found nylon drawstring bags and very carefully ironed these designs on. What do you think?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those designs, did you get 'em her on DIS or make 'em yourself? They look fantastic!

Yay! You'll be in CA tommorow! I'm so jealous- it's so dang cold here, and it's gonna rain today! :faint: Have fun! :cool1:

Disneynut71
05-29-2008, 06:46 AM
Yay for DD's PreK graduation! My DD's is tonight! Too cute. And you'll have to fill me in on how the Goofy's bfst goes. We're doind Minnie & Friends at the Plaza, but I'm very curious about that one.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those designs, did you get 'em her on DIS or make 'em yourself? They look fantastic!

Yay! You'll be in CA tommorow! I'm so jealous- it's so dang cold here, and it's gonna rain today! :faint: Have fun! :cool1:

Congrats on your DD's graduation!!!

I got DD's design from Michelle's list on dis. My DS's I found a plain mickey head from the dis and added his name and stitch to it.

Laurabearz
05-29-2008, 07:15 AM
$500 budget for food?? :scared1: :worship: :scared1:

stacymomof2
05-29-2008, 08:53 AM

I am leaving in less then 24 hours. I haven't finished packing. I have two loads of laundry to do today, take the dog to the vet and oh yeah work 8 hours. I need more time:scared1:

Try not to stress, that seems like a lot to do, but it'll all get done. Try not to stay up too late tonight. I did that the night before and I was REALLY tired on my first day at DL. Get some good sleep, you'll need it!

The shirts & bags are great! I hope you and your family have a magical time at DL. Take lots of pictures and enjoy yourselves!

Disneynut71
05-29-2008, 02:05 PM
$500 budget for food?? :scared1: :worship: :scared1:

My kiddies do not eat very much. We do not plan on eatting at too many sit down places. Breakfast in the room we could make it.:eek:

wendylady36
05-29-2008, 03:12 PM

:rotfl2: You sound like me before a trip! I swear, it's like I put everything off until the last minute. It does make time fly by when your busy freaking out though! :rotfl:

Have a great time on your trip! :goodvibes

Bsbllmom
05-29-2008, 03:18 PM
:rotfl2: You sound like me before a trip! I swear, it's like I put everything off until the last minute. It does make time fly by when your busy freaking out though! :rotfl:

Have a great time on your trip! :goodvibes

I am the same way. It seems like I am getting ready for weeks before but the day before I have a ton of stuff to do.

Don't worry you will get everything done and soon you will be having a blast.

Disneynut71
05-29-2008, 09:15 PM
it's 9:40 and I have most of my things packed. I am so tired and I have to get up at 3 to get ready for the airport.

I am taking a small break hoping the excitement I feel on here will keep me going at least an hour or more .

avalon451
05-29-2008, 09:19 PM
You go, girl! Sleep? Who needs it? You can sleep when you're on the plane! :thumbsup2

Have a fabulous time!

Brenna&Noah's Mom
05-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Just wanted to tell you to have a great time!!!:wizard:

Disneynut71
05-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Hey check it out my ticker is at 0!!:cool1:

It is 12:15 and I can't sleep. I have to be up at 3 to get ready to leave. I just hope I can sleep on the plane.

I will not have computer access once I leave home so I will talk with everyone when I get back. I will make sure I take loads of pics and write a TR.

For those of you going while I am there...Have a wonderful trip and I will see you back here in 10 days.:moped:

TiggerandTink
05-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to read all about it when you get back!

wendylady36
05-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Have a magical time and a safe trip! :goodvibes

daisy_77
05-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Have a wonderful trip! :cool1: :banana: :woohoo:

I will be there on the 6th!:yay:

PigletGurl
05-30-2008, 07:44 AM
you're practically there! have a super great time!

Disneynut71
06-10-2008, 06:55 AM
I am home and have started my trip report.

link in my signature. Thanks again for all that helped plan this trip. It was great.

Laurabearz
06-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Yay your home so that means it's MY TURN TO GO TO DISNEYLAND!!!

Great report in the works, cant wait to read the next installment

Disneynut71
06-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Yay:banana: :banana:

have a great trip!! The weather was great last week, I hope it will be great for you too.

PigletGurl
06-10-2008, 08:15 PM
I was wondering when ud be back! Glad you had a great time! It's my turn too soon!!

Disneynut71
06-10-2008, 08:41 PM
I was wondering when ud be back! Glad you had a great time! It's my turn too soon!!

3 days to go...Oh I want to go back already. Have a wonderful time!!