PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental From SNA in Sept

lillibet123
05-18-2008, 03:21 PM
We are looking at renting a car for 6 days (p.u on Mon drop off on Sat). We are wanting to p.u. and return the car to John Wayne Airport (SNA). Anyone have any hints or tips. We need to do it as cheaply as possible.

TIA

DebbieB
05-18-2008, 03:40 PM
I was there 3 weeks ago. Avis had a last minute deal through Delta, I paid $136 total, Sunday to Friday (intermediate).

staley7580
05-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Are you a member of Costco? Thats how we always get our rentals, and we save a bunch. :thumbsup2

sunshinemummy
05-18-2008, 05:05 PM
We got a full-size car for 2 weeks in April for $206. Look at priceline.com, travelocity.com and carrental.com. I found that I cancelled the reservation and rebooked 3 times because the price kept going down for me, so you can book now but keep checking the price the closer you get to the date of arrival.

avalon451
05-18-2008, 11:09 PM
This is a little off-topic, but I've just noticed that EVERY time I rent a car, I reserve the cheapest economy car, and EVERY time, they try to get me to upgrade for a set price to a larger car... when I say no thanks, they shrug and say, "Well, we don't have any of the economy ones on the lot right now, so you get an upgrade for free anyway." Woot! :cool1:

Have I just been lucky, or anybody else experience this on a regular basis?

staley7580
05-18-2008, 11:45 PM
This is a little off-topic, but I've just noticed that EVERY time I rent a car, I reserve the cheapest economy car, and EVERY time, they try to get me to upgrade for a set price to a larger car... when I say no thanks, they shrug and say, "Well, we don't have any of the economy ones on the lot right now, so you get an upgrade for free anyway." Woot! :cool1:

It happened to my sister just last weekend. She had rented a minivan for the 2 of us to take all the kids to visit Grandma for the weekend, and they said for a little bit more she could have an 8 seater.. Guess what? Its all they had left. :lmao:

Leofoenget
05-19-2008, 01:49 AM
We are looking at renting a car for 6 days (p.u on Mon drop off on Sat). We are wanting to p.u. and return the car to John Wayne Airport (SNA). Anyone have any hints or tips. We need to do it as cheaply as possible.

TIA

Hotwire one. If you keep looking sometimes you can get one for as low as $11 day.

Leofoenget
05-19-2008, 01:52 AM

Yah. I booked the $9 special on hotwire. All I wanted was to drive from the airport to dl and back alone. I didn't need a HUGE car just cheapo transportation. They tried to get me to upgrade "for just a little more" I said no, then they said the same thing. Well we dont' have anymore $9 cheapo ones so you get a free upgrade.